Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 12:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%

It is so great to see everyone doing so well, keep up the good work

Akasha, congrats on the 3 lb loss

miezimau, great job on the 4 days

suzzee, great attitude with the coffee, we all need a little treat now and then.

My sister is having a bit of a struggle lately, so I told her I would do induction again with her. My plan for the next 2 weeks will be induction levels. Wish me luck, this might be a bit of a struggle.

Can't wait to hear how you all do this week.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 19:16

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hey everybody!
You all did so great! Keep those cheat free days coming
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-04, 21:50

Plan: Atkins+Black Coffee
Stats: 251/250/190 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hi Everyone! Ok Mims I KNOW you can do it for two weeks! BUT I know it would be tough at times for me too! I had a cheat free day today but it was another one of those tough days! I'm ok now though! I was almost ready to come in and start screaming for some help! LOL... But my daughter encouraged me in her way, which helped alot! You know she has been on this WOE for almost 2 weeks and I can tell she is feeling the difference! She isn't the type of person (like me) who will voice her opinons or feelings very openly, and I was really glad to have her quietsupport. You know the saying...Actions speak louder than words? Well, for this I am so thankful, It made for a really good day!
I hope we all have a really fantastic week friends!
So Go Team Go!
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 20:22

BF:

Hi Everybody, just checking in to see how things are going for all of you! I've had a good day today and am Hope-ing you are all having a good day as well.
Hang in there friends and remember to take it just one day at a time! Only 5 more days to go this week!
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-04, 21:06

BF:

hey Suzzee!
Glad your doing so good. So far I have been good, too but I don't know why I gained over the weekend so much. I didn't really cheat that bad
Oh well maybe I just have to try a little harder this week
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 08:17
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Okay I'm gonna give this a try (thanks Mims!).

I have hit my highest weight and am also pmsing. I'm having a hard, hard time since I got the chocolate candy jar placed by my desk. However I turned it around so I won't see it all the time. There are also candy jars in all the kitchens so I brought all my own 2 liters of water and coffee and will eat out at lunch.

I'm also not getting into ketosis since I started taking antiinflammatories for rosacea. That has been the only thing that has ever helped control my chocolate tooth. However I haven't made it passed the third staying lowcarb.

Only 8 more hours in the danger zone.
Nancy
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 11:11

Default Hello everyone

Nancy, I am so glad you decided to stop in. I tried to PM you again, but it said that your box is full. Perhaps this whole thing wouldn't seem so overwhelming if you only picked one thing to consentrate on for the first week such as drinking your water, eating 3 cups of veggies or not eating something that is giving you alot of trouble like bread or potatoes and just do the best you can with the overall LCing. Then once you have mastered that one thing you could add a second. Even if you only make it cheat free for one day, that one day brings you that much closer to your ulitmate goal. PM me if you want to talk.

suzzee, I'm so happy you have such great support with your DD (dear daughter), keep up the fantastic job. Oh, and feel free to scream for help any time you need it, that's what we're here for

miezimau, maybe you had more salt than usual over the weekend, water retention can cause really large weight gains, which means it should go away just as quickly. Maybe try drinking some extra water. Keep up the great job.

Akasha, how are you doing? You've been doing so great, keep us up to date.

I'm hanging in there, finding out how lax and lazy I've been getting with my LCing, so going back on induction levels has been a real eye opener. I had some LC ice cream last night, which is a big no-no on induction, so yesterday was a cheat day for me. Today seems to be going much better.

Today is over the hump day, so it's smooth sailing from here.

Be good to yourselves, you deserve it

Mims
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 13:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims

miezimau, maybe you had more salt than usual over the weekend, water retention can cause really large weight gains, which means it should go away just as quickly. Maybe try drinking some extra water. Keep up the great job.
Mims

Mims, Thanks, I didn't even think about the salt intake. I was munching on a lot of Pork rinds and Salted Peanuts over the weekend. I drink Water all day long and have 1 Diet Sprite with my dinner every night. I don't drink anything else but water and the sprite and 1-2 beers at night. Maybe I do need to cut out those beers but that would be really hard on me I think. Well, I gues I can try and see how it goes.
Only a few more days until the weekend and Easter.
What are you all doing on Easter? Going on a Easter Egg Hunt?
We're prolly going to the Beach and let the boys look for their easter eggs on the beach. LOL
Miez
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 14:14

Miez, I would think that the pork rinds and peanuts did it. As for the beer (I would think the sprite has more sodium in it) I'd wait to see if watching your salt intake makes a difference before cutting out something you really enjoy. It's all about making choices you can live with and still enjoy life.

My kids are getting too old for Easter Egg Hunts (11 & 13) so we'll probably just go to church and have a special dinner, my sister and neice are coming. Boy do I miss the days of Easter Baskets and egg hunts (sigh). Hope you all have a great time.

Mims
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-04, 20:25

BF:

nawchem, You can do this I know you can! We can all do it. You will get over this hump! I know it has to be sooooooo hard! Chocolate is also a weakness for me! I did make the Peanutbutter Chocolate Drops and kept them in the fridge for emergency's and it has really helped me alot! They aren't the most delicious chocolate I've ever tasted BUT it really did begin to fill the gap when I needed a fix. If you want the recipe I will post it here for you. It only takes about 5 minutes to fix up 12 drops and worth it. I'm SO GLAD you stopped in. I know how hard it is to get back on the LCing once you've been off. But once you can stick to it for a few days, you'll feel so much better it makes it easier to stay with it. We are all here for eachother!

miez, I know mims is right it probably is the extra salt! It will come right back off. We all go through those times. You are doing so good!

Akasha, Yes please let us know how you are doing too!!

Mims, Thanks for the support...And, next time I will scream if I need too
I know what you mean about the induction deal, it is an eye opener but I know you will be just fine and CONGRADULTIONS on having a good day today!

As for Easter We're going to Church then on to Cincinnati to my step daughters house for dinner. I miss all the fun things the kids did when they were little too! I remember one time when we lived in Florida and my son was about 3, someone ( one of the neighbors I guess) put some drops of candy on our porch and dribbled them all the way across the porch down the steps and down the sidewalk. My son was so excited! I never did find out who did it but I never forgot how neat it was!

Have A WONDERFUL DAY THURSDAY EVERYONE!
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 20:35

BF:

Just checking in to say hi everybody. I had a good day today. I tell you I am so thankful for how I am feeling because we have our farm up for sale (doing it ourselves), and it has been crazy. We also are selling most of the horses, farm equipt. and etc., and I tell you all the work over there has worn me out! I don't think I could make it if I was still on the sugar! So I am very thankful for this WOE.....See you all tomorrow and I pray you all have a wonderful day!
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Apr-08-04, 23:40
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hey guys,

I've been really down the last couple days. TOM decided to show up, so naturally I fell of the wagon. Plus, I'm under so much stress at school (finals are coming up) and my boyfriend and I are fighting again. I'm just feeling down...

I'm going to give it an honest try tomarrow and see what happens. I'm in the wrong mind frame again. I feel icky and bloated and I'm afraid to weigh myself.

We'll see how I feel when I wake up. Bleh....
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-04, 13:23

BF:

Akasha,
Sorry to hear you feeling so crummy.
It's ok if you are not able to stick with it right now I understand. TOM is bad for me, too. Luckily DH and I are not fighting lately so that lifted a big weight (pun intended) of my shoulders.
I am having a hard time staying on track since I started my business and hopefully I wont be stressing so much anymore after the next few weeks. It is always hard if you start out new and you don't have a clientell (sp?) yet.
Good luck with your finals and I am keeping my fingers crossed that you and yours will be over the fighting soon and come to an agreement about whatever bothers you.
Hang in there only a few more days until the week is finally over.
Miez
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-04, 20:38

BF:
Smile

Hi everybody,
Akasha, Don't beat yourself up! You'll be ok. I know how it is too like Miez said. I hope you have had a better day today. I know how it is with TOM you know I try sooooo hard to have things on hand incase of emergency's! I always keep a low carb chocolate bar or something like that just in case! We have all fallen off the wagon. I always say success in anything is getting back up dusting off the dirt and running again! No matter how many times we fall we can jump up and start again! We ONLY fail when we stay on the ground! Just remember take it one day at a time. Hope all goes well with school this next week, and your boyfriend too!
Miez, How well I know about starting businesses! We have had our share and it is tough for a while. I love being in business especially when things are going great! EVERYONE I know who has a business goes through the same thing! Either we are swimming or drowning! Hang in there friend the good times make the bad times worth it! Good luck on your venture!

I missed coming in yesterday. Had a good day though, BUT I cheated today! I ate something I shouldn't! I said darn I shouldn't have done that, but that's not going to make me give up and have a full blown day of cheating!

MIMS How are you friend? Miss ya and hope you had a good day!
For the record, I have had 6 cheat free days this week!
Tomorrow is the start of another new week......WE CAN DO THIS TEAM!
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Apr-11-04, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Wow thanks for the support gals! It has gotten me going again. I have one cheatfree day for last week yesterday and I started walking. TOM started yesterday and I still lost one pound which gave a little bit of hope that things can turn around.

This was the first year we went to church on Easter. Just wasn't motivated to wake up that early before. My church rented Sea World and the service was held on the bleachers that looked out over the bay, it was lovely to see the sunrise reflected on the water and definitely worth getting up early for. Took a long nap after brunch.

Goals:
Walk
Carbs at 40
plan the days meals ahead of time

Akasha sorry your feeling so "bleh". Hopefully getting through the hormones and tests will get you feeling better. To be honest I my hormones were so bad yesterday I was questioning the point of my life. It will pass.