Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 05:10
3 Days at a Time

Plan: OWL
Stats: 150/150/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Wooo! I lived on the coast there, and got to spend some time in San Luis Obispo. Gotta watch out, some of that mexican food can be pretty tempting.

I'll get this going this afternoon! Once again, what a great idea!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 23:00
"Slaying My Demons"

Plan: Keto
Stats: 262.2/189.2/155 Female 5'8"
BF:Hell Yes!
Progress: 68%

Hmmmmm..... Mexican food! I grew up in L.A. and it was a mainstay in our family. It's one of the hard parts of L.C.ing for me. But I know that corn is one of the main reasons why I'm here today. So I made the change.

I found a map of California that might be helpful for those of us who are not familiar with the state/country.
http://www.cftech.com/BrainBank/GEO...California.html
Hope this is helpful!
Signey
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Jun-14-03, 17:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/208/150
BF:
Progress: 19%

Oops only did 6k this week. Age caught up and I had a sore foot and hip.
I went and got properly fitted for new walking shoes. You know foot xrays etc in the shop. The shoes were very comfortable for a couple of days, then all h*l was let loose. They had decided my arch needed lifting, it had never given me any trouble in 72 years. But in their wisdom they decided to sell me shoes that would lift it. How smart is that??. I was in agony, but being stupid I decided I just needed to perservere. Finally my brain started working and i went back to the shop and said that I didn't expect to be in pain after paying so much for the shoes. Have new ones now so 1'm just waiting to recover and I'll get right back into it.
I tend to get lost still so I'm saving Brees web site to favourites. So if I can't find it on here, I'll still be able to post my distances.
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 05:19

Plan: atkins/now CAD
Stats: 250/229/130 Female 63 inches
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 18%

Only 12miles to go til' we get to San Luis. That resort looks great signey. (see page 4 of this thread if you're just joining us). The menu isn't bad either. I'm going to bed now, enjoy your monday folx.
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Jun-16-03, 23:37
"Slaying My Demons"

Well here we are in San Luis Obispo! Congratulations everybody on a distance well traversed!
I think that I'll have lobster with drawn butter out by the pool this evening. And a nice Caesar salad with freshly ground black pepper (hold the crutons). Ah....the breeze from the coast is so refreshing.
Perhaps a swim and a relaxing soak in the hot tub before I retire.
What will "you" do in San Luis this evening?
Well whatever you do, get a good nights sleep because we're heading for Santa Barbara tomorrow.
Cheers!
Signey
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 04:52
3 Days at a Time

BF:

Look at us go! We're moving fast... *g* and coming up on 1% of the way around the world!

We're awesome! *does cheerleading thing*

The destination tracker is in its final stages of development... as soon as I finish my scary math test tomorrow, I'll finish it up!
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 09:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/251.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool Catch up with ya'll later

I've decided to stay in San Luis another day-- had my lymphatic massage (what?) scheduled for this afternoon. I promise to work out extra hard tonight to catch up!!

BTW, has anyone volunteered to check out Mexico yet? I was sorta looking forward to routing a path through South Pacific islands, but I'll do it if noone else is...
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Jun-17-03, 22:32
"Slaying My Demons"

Nope...I don't think anyone has volunteered for Mexico yet. I figuered that I'd do it if no one spokeup. I think it is a neat feature and want to see it continue.
So HEY! out there does anyone want to put their mark on Mexico? We need a volunteer.
Signey
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 16:48
3 Days at a Time

BF:

I've done some work on the site, and fixed up a system to keep track of our goals!

I haven't gotten all the goals entered in yet... just our next stop, but from now on when you go to the page, it will have a picture of our next stop. If you click on the picture, it will take you to a little page with another picture, and any information you posted on the site about it. *g*

It looks a little choppy now, but at least it's working, for the most part. I'll refine it a bit later.

Once we reach a goal, as long as the next one is already programmed in, the webpage should change automatically... so if you're getting close, you get to know if you reached the next town!

Now that I've done all that computing... time for some walking!

http://www.tapfer.org/worldwalk/
  #70   ^
Old Wed, Jun-18-03, 23:57
"Slaying My Demons"

Default !!!!!Applause!!!!!

Yeah Bree!
Terrific Job! I just love the new page! And the pages change as we get to a new location? Too cool! You are one talented woman.
Thank you for your dedication to this project. You have made it very special!
Hugs!
Signey
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 05:24

Plan: atkins/now CAD
Stats: 250/229/130 Female 63 inches
BF:yes/it/is
Progress: 18%

Bree this is brilliant, seems very real. Signey if you do Mexico, I'll do the next one. I'd be interested in doing Chile if we go there. My neice is moving there for a year next month for her O.E. so we should be able to get some interesting info. I counted 16 people logged on so far.
Of course we can squeeze in, we're getting smaller aren't we?
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 07:34

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 357/291/175 Female 68 in
BF:52.54%/46.5%/25%
Progress: 36%

Awesome job on the web site!!!!
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-03, 14:05
"Slaying My Demons"

You have got a deal Feather. I will do Mexico and you will do South America? I am of the mind that she/he who plots the course through a country should be able to pick the route. You are volunteering and it should be fun for you to do. If you want to go through Chile, I will follow.
Thank you for your help!
Signey
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-03, 06:07
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

OK. Put my crippled ass down for my 1st mile!

And YES it is a big deal!

Every little bit helps! And every week this old leg of mine gets a little stronger. Soon, I hope to become a more productive member of our group.

(And you don't want to know how long it took to get that mile from me!)

#75   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-03, 12:40
3 Days at a Time

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by MisterE

(And you don't want to know how long it took to get that mile from me!)

Who CARES how long it took! You did it, and that's what matters! You did it, and you can do it again!