Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#706   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-23, 11:12

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Jaz......Oh no......no decorating around here except for a couple little "sit around" things. No tree....haven't had one for YEARS. Having a cat is not conducive to a Xmas tree. You know me, once golf season is over, I'd just like to crawl into a hole until Spring. I'm not a Holiday person. It's all just a pain in the a$$ to me. I know that's sad, but there it is. I enjoyed it when our Grandsons were little, but now....eh. Hand them a pile of $$ and call it a day.

DH called me around 8 this morning. He had just taken a shot at a deer, but they hadn't gone to look for it....you have to wait a bit apparently. Anyway, he called me a few hours later and said he didn't get it(yay!). They found his arrow stuck in a tree... Even he said he was kind of glad. If he gets one, we'll have to find somewhere to donate the meat. We don't eat much of it at all. He's getting some kind of meat sticks and hot dogs made out of the one he got here a couple weeks ago. I'll try those, but I don't like the burger or steaks. Blech.

Good luck on the condo!
Sponsored Links
  #707   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-23, 16:30

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz that is great news that you were able to take a walk. I'm glad you are on the path to steady improvement!

Everyone else- I'll catch up tmrw. I just got back to MD half an hour ago and I am turning around to leave and meet my longtime friends for dinner. That's why I drove back. DH leaves for DE tmrw and I will go either tmrw or Friday.

But tmrw I catch up!
  #708   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-23, 06:16

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, hope your DD is doing very very well

you guys are coming and going, you know which direction you are heading, lol

Lori, yea not holiday gal anymore here either! Need a few cats, can ship ya some Bet Gabby wouldn't be happy with intruders that would want to dominate that lap, blanket and recliner HA

yea hubby did deer meat donations also. plus when farming we would donate a big hog to the local kitchen in town for them for the holidays. It is a good thing for meat donations truly! Hope your hubby does fill all his tags!

Jazz, very cool on the condo, can't wait to hear more on it!

Didn't hit store for chuck roast yet. hubby sent me off to get hams from the local butcher smokehouse store for his pot luck event at work he wants to cook so my plans got changed up.

I hate when 'hubby needs something' done HAHA I truly wake up absolutely set in my day on how I hit the road, what stores and more. I am truly an inflexible person with very little bend. Once he said he needed xyz from this store, I said, ok, every other run I had planned is scraped. Yes that function very strangely nowadays HAHA

darn right Ruger would eat ya if required LOL

----------$450 at vet yesterday....omgosh on costs.
full bloodwork, ear infection/ears cleaned, meds issued.
nails trimmed. Big tumor bump on front leg, Dr Kim took biopsy and checked under microscope. Hmm, margins on cells showed definite division but she said it didn't show definite malignant signs so she is not, hmmm, on whether beginin or real bad cancer issue. Teeth, bad. He hasn't had dental in a few years cause putting him under anethesia at high rish on seizure mes means he literally could die on the table but she, like me, checked a bit and said he has some gum infection and put on antibotics for this. Has slight heart murmur he didn't have before.

big question. Do teeth or not? I said we need to cause we know infections of teeth could kill him anyway thru becoming septic etc. and she agreed but she said we need to surgery out the tumor bump on leg same time he is under if we decide to do it. She said he is very very high rish to die on the table or throw big blood clots after waking up in recovery. But I said, what if your dog she said if approved after bloodwork on being ok and in reason she would do the dental and surgery and I agreed, but will chat with kiddo, after all, this call could be a bad one but him living with the bad teeth isn't acceptable option either so? have to chat up kiddo and of course, definitely after Xmas...no way in Dec and have that memory, so into Jan. we will have something done with Bolt on moving forward on medical.

but we chatted if we do it and tumor is a bad one we won't be doing any type of cancer treatments on him. Live live live under he deteriorates etc. and call it life. Kiddo even agrees the misery would be bad for him so his future is gonna be coming up sooner than later on how it goes down for him.

today is laundry....1 load only Lori, lol.....and have to do a few errands on the road and home. no grocery store yet, SO don't wanna go and need no food in the house right now.

defrost NY Strips steaks. got country ribs second meal. truly eating mono style mostly now. which is good and stable for me actually.

ok be good all. see what the day bring us a all.
  #709   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-23, 06:56

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Sleeping in again Lori! You lady of leisure! When is your hubby coming home? I'm with ya on deer meat! Bleck...... MAYBE MAYBE if the grid went down and I had to pick between bugs and deer meat! Deer meat would win! HA that is about it.
Now that being side I LIKE bison. I have had it in chili and really like it alot. I don't think I could sit down to a bison steak but might be willing to try it.
I have tried alligator, it really does taste like chicken!! Not fond of duck. I don't like a gamey taste. I don't like processed taste either ..ie Tyson. There is a perfect balance.

I hear ya on decorating. I do like to do it. I have to be in the mood. Last year I was in Charleston and worked both TG and Christmas and didn't see family and didn't bother. IT was just another day.
This year is different to me. I will see my kids and grands. It will be special! It all depends! LOL

Hate we are out of golf season. I will pine for Spring with you! HAHA

Nic- Safe travels back to DE! You scoot around a ton! How was dinner with friends? Where did you go? You are so active! LOVE IT

Trig- I think today is our last 80 degree day for a minute!!! I am telling you I can't get used to this total darkness at 530. The sun starts setting at 430. URGHHHHHHHH

Like you the dark and cold shut me right down! Toughest part of the year!

Staying on track eating helps a ton. NO carb overload. It is a real thing, especially this time of year. Lets stay the course!

Are you done with the yard work, and stuff that you have to do this time on the farm? Winterize it all?
---------------------------------------------------------

Every day I see myself getting stronger and stronger! I am no longer taking 3 steps forward and 2 back. Just slow and study forward. I will TAKE IT!!!! What an experience. One I never want to repeat, EVER!
I know now I will be prone to it. More careful. I just can't "do" another fall because I am racing around in a hurry and trip! Slowing that down. Klutz by nature!

I seriously wake up so GRATFUL to walk every day. Granted I am now listening when my body says stop, I stop. I don't take my health and mobility for granted anymore.

Today is the last 80 degree day for a good minute. I intend to spend my lunch hour outside! Loving working from home, and not tied to a phone line! I couldn't do a call center environment. I am too old to care about a minute or two being late back from a break. Not my jam. It gets done when it gets done. Goodness so glad to be out of that stress.

Seriously I am in such a great position right now. I can't remember when things have come together like this! It has been a minute.
ALL GOOD STUFF- BLESSING!!!!

WOE: Still a slight struggle. I'm not going to fib. It is. Sometimes what I WANT and what I NEED are two different things. I have a very "I want it NOW" personality. Like with weight loss. I have been stalled not for a good 6 months.
I have been diligent with my WOE and feel it needs to give up a few pounds for me!
When it doesn't, I have said F'it a few times and eaten my way through a bag of Colby cheese. (my kryptonite) sighhhhhhh

I am back at it straight and narrow.

Tomorrow is TGIF, and Payday to boot! On my way! It has been a long week. It just feels long this week.
I am ready for a weekend. Supposed to be cool and damp, and I don't care.

Okay time for more brew. I am still in jammies and will flip on my computer! Working from home!
  #710   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-23, 07:19

BF:

Trig- you posted right before me. I am so sad reading about Bolt. I feel I love your little "mutt" as much as you do. I know you got a soft spot for him, yet you "blame" the kiddo! HAHAHAHAHAH We know!!!!!!! I wish him the best- little man with floppy ears!

Yea I [I]know[/I ]Ruger would eat me in a minute! Lest I forget to feed this beast! He has developed a huge taste for MEAT. I feed him half meat/half kibble. Not any kibble- oh no it has to be the most $$$$ for him to eat. He prefers Stella and Chew primal beef grain free coated in organ meat. Yup- no doubt Carnivore.

Trust me the older I get the less tolerant of "oh By the way" I have become. I need to make a conscious effort to decide what hill to die on and where to make the fuss! NO can so be a default of mine. I am LEARNING to say YES. It is a struggle. I feel ya!

Do turn up the radio and roll down those windows while you are out running your errands today! Live on the edge!

Stocking up on meat= a must. Fit it in! HA
  #711   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-23, 08:15

BF:

Good Morning!

Oh no.....no sleeping in for this old gal. Gabby came prancing into the bedroom at 4:30 and let me know it was time for breakfast. When I came downstairs, she was in the living room laying on her back wanting her belly scratched. What a life she has! She lays on her back and looks up at me with the eyes of "lurve"(love), who can say no to that? Brat!

I agreed to play golf today, but am kind of dreading it. No sun and only about 50 right now. It is supposed to warm up a little, but I don't think it's going to be a very pleasant 3-4 hours. I think it's supposed to be warmer than average by the middle to end of next week. We'll take it!

EDITED: My friend called me and we decided not to play today. It was raining and so cloudy about an hour before we would have gone out. Of course, now the sun is shining. No worries.

----------

Nic.....You're busy, busy....as usual! I'm not sure how you know which way to turn! Hope you have a nice time in DE this weekend.

Jaz.....Enjoy your work from home day.

Trig....Tough decisions about Bolt, for sure. He's a tough little guy!

----------

I'm going to brown some burger and make taco meat for dinner. Throw some over a salad and get some veggies into my gut. I'm seriously looking into doing 3-4 days a week of BBBE until I get this weight under control. That is Beef, Butter, Bacon & Eggs. The other days I'll add some cheese and salad greens into the mix. We'll see, but I have to do something to "shock" this old body!

No word from DH this morning. They may be coming home tomorrow instead of Saturday. I'll probably find out later when he calls me.

Last edited by Lori_:) : Thu, Nov-09-23 at 10:30.
  #712   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-23, 06:43

BF:

TGIF TGIF!!!!

I tired. One long week. It just feels longer for some reason. Maybe because I am feeling better but haven't done much except work from home.
By the time evening rolls around I am tired. I am also not into going out to eat. I would much rather just eat here.

Ohhhhhhhh I think I know why! I am so not used to it being dark between 530-6pm! The sun starts setting low at 430!!!!
Slugville for winter! I don't remember being this tired with time changes before. MEH- older this year!

Lori- Sorry you didn't play yesterday! The next few days look like a rain maker for both of us!

I tell ya when Ruger rolls over and looks up with those puppy eyes I melt. I can see where Gabby plays you too!!!!!! Yup! LOL

Hubby coming home today? I bet this week has flown for you! Oh I love the Carnivore life as you know. There are MANY days I do BBBE! I also made taco meat yesterday and had a side of scrambled eggs. YUM! I do use Petes Hot Sauce on about everything!

Trig- OMG have you SEEN the price of steaks lately? Out of my price point. They seriously just in the last couple week almost doubled. GRRRHHHHHHH

What moving and shaking? Cold, damp rain coming today for the next few days.

Nic
- waiting for ya and holding your spot.
-----------------------------------------------------

Nothing huge going on here. Again struggling with just being tired. Goal is to get SOME form of movement in today.
Walk outside preferable - if raining I need to find a video. I can't just sit. I have been doing so well by moving a bit more every day!
Can't let that go because of the dark days of winter!
I also need to get my Vitamin D going again. It really does help!

That chicken I made a couple days ago was SO SO good I am making it again today. Since I have the oven going I will toss in a meat loaf as well and call it a day for a few days!
I shopped last night as the rain is coming in and I am not a fan of hauling in groceries in the rain. So I am set for a minute.

Later- waiting for ya!
  #713   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-23, 06:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Actually, this week has not flown by. I'm really missing DH & feeling lonely. This has not helped me get my eating under control. I'm bored and cannot get myself motivated to do anything. My knees are aching and I'm just feeling blah.

I didn't make my taco meat yesterday, so that is on the agenda for today. I also just bought some Greek yogurt and I have strawberries to mix in. Oh, and some high protein granola. I bought all that stuff and now I'm thinking about BBBE? Sigh....not very good planning on my part. TBH, I just don't care right now. Dangerous thinking. I hate that I'm up 6 lbs or so when I have my Dr. appt. coming up. I have until the 20th to get the scale down a bit. I just can't let it get the best of me.

Sorry for such a downer post. Sitting here feeling sorry for myself...gotta shake this mood. Maybe it's my "start of winter" blues?

DH will be home by around Noon tomorrow. One more day and night to get through.

Be well everyone.
  #714   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-23, 10:33

BF:

Hello friends!

Catching up again. Seems like how it is as of late.

Lori- I can hear how much you are missing your DH. I'm glad he is coming home soon!

Jaz- Great that your recovery is pretty much on a forward trajectory now with no more steps back. Let's keep it that way!

How is the job? You haven't said much about it so I keep forgetting you are even working right now. Not going into the office every day has been huge for you, it seems, in regard to work stress.

Trig- tough decisions about Bolt. I feel for you all, making these decisions. What I do know is that he has had a wonderful life and also longer than you would have thought a year ago!

I wonder sometimes about the previous generation's dogs. They definitely did not have their teeth cleaned nor did they brush their dog's teeth etc. No knee surgeries etc. More and more we are treating our pets as humans (not making a value judgment on that one way or the other, just stating how care for pets has evolved.) The expectation of these things makes pet insurance more necessary, which of course is somewhat of what it boils down to- profit industry.

Anyway, I digress..

Things are okay here, just absolutely mind-spinningly busy with all the stuff regarding moving my Mom. Reams of paperwork, getting furniture and stuff for her room and getting it set up (we start the lease 11/30) etc. It feels like a job. I know this busyness will pass and I just keep going along. I'm going to GA this Wednesday- flying in and then renting a van to drive back. I'll be bringing back Mom's walker, her shower chair, and a bunch of odds and ends. Then DH and I will fly into GA on the 4th, and bring Mom back on the 5th and get her moved in.

After that I can start processing the fact that she is here and what THAT means. One thing at a time!

Food is okay. My two goals are not eating sugar and not snacking. Other than that I am just trying not to overeat and calling it good. It's the best I can do right now and I am fine with it.

Hugs!
  #715   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-23, 05:14

BF:

Good Morning!

Well, my boys are on their way home, and they are both very happy. DS got his deer on Monday and yesterday afternoon, DH got his! He's so proud....the biggest buck he's ever gotten. 11 point! I know we'll be paying to mount it and it will either be in DH's "hunting" room or his office, or at DS's house. Whatever, I won't fight it, but I also won't have it in my living room staring at me all the time.

After my "feel sorry for myself" day yesterday, I'm feeling better today. I'm ready to tighten up my eating and get back to feeling good. I know cutting out the sneaky carbs will help my knee pain and general feeling of malaise. Plus...I've got to get moving again!

I didn't sleep very well last night, just restless. For the first time this week, Gabby slept in the bed with me. She came upstairs with me last night and I picked her up and put her on her fuzzy blanket at the foot of the bed and she stayed there all night. We got up around 5.

---------

Jaz....Hope you can get some good movement and rest in this weekend to recharge you for next week. It's all about balance!

Nic.....You sure do have a lot on your plate. I hope your Mom is accepting of the move and does not give you grief about it. Trust me, I know how difficult it is. ((Hugs))

Trig....What's up this weekend? Is it cold down there? We have sunshine this weekend, but only in the 40's and windy. Ugh.

---------

I'm just going to sit here and wait for DH to get home. Since he got a deer late yesterday afternoon, they had to pack it in ice and will have to go right to the butcher shop here and drop it off. OMG.....2 deer this year. I really have to learn how to cook it so that it is good. I know it's very healthy for you. Maybe if I mix it with ground beef it will be ok? My golfing partner loves it, so we give her some. She lives alone so she can't use too much, but we keep her supplied.

Ok....just going to sit here and drink coffee all morning. Have a good Saturday!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Sat, Nov-11-23 at 05:25.
  #716   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-23, 06:46

BF:

Good Saturday Morning!

Lori- You are the early bird this morning waiting for your honey! Glad are feeling a bit better today! I sure hear you on crab creep! It is a real thing! I also ditched them for the sake of my knees. Sugar feeds pain! Lordy knows I have had my share of that.

Urghhhhh On deer meat. I just don't know how you mask that taste. I have a mental issue too with-it being Bambi! - But yet I can eat an entire cow go figure!
Nice of you to SHARE IT! HA

I know you and hubby will have a ton to catch up on when he gets home. No wait, let me rephrase that. Your hubby will want to tell you all about it in multiple ways!

Nic- Thanks for checking in! Been thinking about you! You sure have been in a whirlwind!

I am still stunned your mom agreed to move to MD from Atlanta by herself. What about her husband? That would not fly with my mom. If I was married, I don't know if I would be ok with it. How did she agree to it? Goodness a lot to think about. You will certainly have your hands full even with an Assisted Living. I am hoping all the best for your family. An adjustment for all of you.

I agree there are seasons for being strict food rules. One needs to be mentally ready for it. We all know after all this that the biggest battle is not the fork. It is between our two ears. Our thinking about it. I agree that to have loose goals at this point. There will be a season you are ready to come back to it. I think the goals you have are very reasonable for time of year. It's a hard time for sure!

How are your "kids"? I still think it is fun that your "kids" were literally my neighbors for a minute! They shop at Wegmans? What a place that is!

Have you put up any trees yet? LOL

Trig- What did ya do yesterday? It sure got cold in a flash! I could tell when that front blew in! Do you like chicken? I know you love your ribs! That actually sounds so good about now! YUM
How is that little meat house down the street for prices? Do they sell uncooked meat too?

Stay warm! I got my flannel out!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------

Boy it went from 80 degrees to 50 in hours! I developed a headache when it blew in. I ended up just going to bed about 8 last night!!!! Slept until the neighbors upstairs came banging in at 1 am. I am so seriously over apt living. Went back to sleep finally! Slept in until 730!

I am getting that little condo! I wished I could buy it. MEH maybe not buy it just yet. I hinted at that to the owner, and she said- NOT! LOLOL It was in jest, sorta. Anyway, she called me last night. They are going to replace the flooring in it before I move in. She wanted to know if I wanted a "wood look" flooring or new carpet.
I said I wanted bare floors in the living room and dining and kitchen. Carpet in the bedrooms. YAY!
So, in a nutshell. It is super cute. 2bed/2bath, large living room with wood burning fireplace. It runs on gas heat! Gas stove! Nice size kitchen that has a small dining room off of it. The dining room opens with French doors to a private patio. The patio has a pebble walkway in the back. It is very private. It is a double. Nobody upstairs stomping on the ceiling. It can't happen soon enough. January.
Add that to the fact I made a budget for myself, and it came in 400.00 UNDER monthly budget! HUGE!

I absolutely love my job. You all have never seen that out of me! Love working from home. It is the perfect balance of seeing patients, physicians and getting out and then going back home to chart! Granted I traded a huge salary for it= priceless! I truly never want to schlep the hallways of a hospital anymore, EVER!

WOE- Working at it. Still sitting at my low. You know if I can get to Jan and still be sitting in the upper 70's I will take it. Last year at this time I was over 200! WAY over 200.
Jan. to reboot in the 70's with a goal of 50's is doable. Pass the steak!

Speaking of........ So, I am going to go to my mothers for Thanksgiving. My kids are going to see their dad and his wife. So yeah....... Anyway, my mother's husband asks me if I wanted turkey or Prime Rib? Or you KIDDING?!?!?!? Like that is EVEN a question?!?!?!?!? gobble NOT!

So I will go there and come back on Sunday. I wanted to stay long enough to see the Buckeyes play MI. I don't have cable here! I am not missing that game!

I am looking forward to the holidays this year! ALL OF IT! I am getting used to my tiny apt sized tree. It glitters with all the lights I put on it! I put up garland too that have lights. So it is festive in here. There is a huge 70 in TV in here. I go to You Tube and put the "Fireplace" on! How funny is that!

I can tell the coffee has kicked in. I am chatty! That and 10 hours of sleep! HAHAHA.

Going to the range with my DS today. I keep saying I will go with him. He has every firearm anybody would want to try out. I told him to bring several. Today is pistol day. Another time we will do "long" targets.
Who knows I might meet my "next" husband at the range! LOLOL

Gross out today. Gray and raining. Bright and festive in here though.
Okay enough dribble from me!

Later gators.
  #717   ^
Old Sat, Nov-11-23, 07:24

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, yea 'arranging' anothers life is a JOB for sure! I get ya on that comment.

yea you are right that pets had shorter lives without med care. infected teeth was a survival of the fittest game out there in nature, along with early humans too. infections from teeth can kill anything for sure and one reason alot of life is limited earlier, but with medical right? we go longer and then have to make vicious decisions. good or bad kinda when it boils down to real thoughts on life sometimes...oh well....ugh

You do well on your NO sugar, NO snack method. Latch onto that and give yourself your challenge! Know you will do well on it and clean up your eating as you need it

Lori, you probably got my weather, it is super gray and nasty right now. no golf, feel ya on that.

2 deer, cool. donation time for alot of his hunts which is a great service to the community tho! love that.
Mix deer with beef or pork. Pork does well with it too to give it alot more juicy. be sure to use that pork fat and vension burgers fry up alot better.

BBBE is a good way to go Lori. rock it out! shop when ya can and load up what ya need and get some control back ya feel you need! you will, you always got this

Jazz, ya took the little condo. cool. later I want pics in our email of your new place please!!

love what ya said.....pick what mountain to die on? That is all it boils down to and YOU eating colby cheese? your guts have got to be twisted for sure on that one! ugh....drop that cheese LOL

Happy with job and got new lil' condo and all seems good, now don't ever worry on that scale. You will continue to drop a size and clothes get looser if you HOLD ZC! Scale numbers mean squat----it is all in one little sentence----HOLD YOUR PLAN! do that and all good comes Remember to shop and eat well for yourself. All the rich decadent meats/seafood fish and fowl you love, eat it!

and yea, OW OW on our meat prices....damn but it is worth every penny I do spend no amt of money gonna drag me off the meats HAHA

------------in sinus headache hell. going on day 3....yesterday was bad in that I couldn't move much. every time the head moved I got the big pressure behind the eyes and got woozey very fast. kinda sick on tummy too with that movement.
alot alot alot of sinus drugs....ick....woke up today with head still swimming a bit but tad better. need this low pressure storm to move the hell on outta here bleck. weather sucks rocks.

today is 1.77 lbs of NY Strip steak. 2 steaks, 1 usual meal earlier and second later. Was gonna give that second steak to hubby but will make him spagh/meatballs and I AM eating both those darn NY Strips HAHA

my remodel bath guy cancelled. waiting for call when he can come later. damn, just wanna get this little bit done ya know but he is slammed busy all the time. oh well, hurry up and wait as usual LOL

told kiddo about Bolt....the tears, the tears, I said he ain't dying just yet LOL but it is her brother literally to her. But told her to absorb all info and we will make a call after the holidays how to take his medical further. Real sucky crappy decision to make on this one....but that is what it is on alot of situations like this....will never be ok to make a decision ya know, always bad choices thru it all but ya pick the right choice one can make I guess....we shall see.

kiddo's car, friggin' nightmare getting first and passenger doors. parts out there are limited....getting real old, real fast ya know. kiddo is now saying where is my car, I said rent one and she doesn't want to rent one so then I said live without it LOL I mean come on....so just a wait wait on that mess.

all ok here, just surviving the head stuff as usual.
chat up later, be good everyone
  #718   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-23, 04:58

BF:

Good Morning!

Well, DH is home and we're settling back into our normal routine......the 3 of us. DH, me & Gabby. She slept at our feet all night. I know she's glad to have things back to normal.

DH is going to get his "trophy" mounted, but I already put my foot down about it not being in the living room. I told him that I can't have it staring at me all the time! He laughed. He has room in his office or in his "hunting" room(which used to be the dining room of this big, old house).

Today DH is going to work on cleaning up leaves yet again. He had them done before he went away, but they seem to be never ending. I'm not sure what I'll do. Maybe nothing. There are a few things I could get at the grocery store, but nothing vital.

That's it from my corner of the world.
  #719   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-23, 06:21

BF:

Hi all

Lori- Glad your DH is home. I know you have missed him!

Trig- sorry about the stuffy head. I know that feels crappy.
Poor DD. First with the car and then Bolt which I know is just awful for her- and for you bc our kids being sad is really hard to bear.

Jaz- I am thrilled that you like your job. What an absolute win for you.
You are in SC right? I've lost track lately.
It would be great to be near your kids and family.
Glad your leg has resolved and YAY to be sitting at your low!

----

Same old for me, just trying to manage this relocation and all the paperwork etc etc that is happening.

I'm flying to GA on Wednesday and then driving back Fri-Sat.

We are focused on moving my Mom but Gene's son Scott says his Dad wants to come now. My brother and I have a zoom call scheduled already at 10:30 for working through some of my mom's paperwork. He and I will jointly do a call with Scott after we have discussed it. I have some very strong feelings about getting parameters and boundaries put in place for ME. I do not want all this on my shoulders alone. HE IS NOT MY FREAKING PERSON.

Anyway, working hard to try to keep some balance through this. It has been a heck of a lot. This too will pass.

No sugar/ no snacking still in place.
  #720   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-23, 11:06

BF:

Hey all quickie and then back in a bit when I have a minute this afternoon!

Lori- I know your happy to have the family back together and such! OMG heck no having a buck hang in the living room! Glad your hubby has a place to put it!

Nic-
- I took yours off line for privacy. Hugs and hope you are well!
Yes I am in SC!!!!!! Greenville!

Trig- I will catch up when I get back- your next