Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#616   ^
Old Sun, Oct-31-21, 05:53

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Public Service Announcement

BOO Halloween

Candy is sugar which is evil and addictive.
Sugar rots our veins and all stuff in our bodies.
Sugar makes us have BS highs and crashes.
While it is a moment on the lips it is a lifetime of fighting the damn addiction to ditch it once ya eat it......and I know ya'll thought I would say a lifetime on the hips HA

Candy is not life. Candy is not a treat. Candy is not a reward. Candy is crap point blank AND I KNOW there is a TON OF LOW CARB desserts and fat bombs and more one can make to never touch the real deal crap candy out there, so if one requires some sweet, then you make it LC

best of luck all
Candy holds 0 for me so no pressure here!
But wish everyone a LC make the treat you can have on plan and tow the line thru this day
Sponsored Links
  #617   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-21, 07:02

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 225/224/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 2%

ROFL 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank God, my son went out with friends, dressed as a pirate , to help others enjoy the Halloween events, like walking with little ones around 6 pm before dark. Cut his candy load and mine, too!!! No exposure to real sugar thankfully.

Had planned to make peanut butter cups but no Lily's to be found. Not Hannaford s, not WM.

Of course the day is passed and I survived without.
  #618   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-21, 08:02

BF:

Super cool Ms A!

More power to you

You did fantastic!!

One down, the next being Thanksgiving, nice thing is a ton of that food on our tables can be LC recipes for sure and one can truly hold their carb counts very low and at the same time enjoy really great food.....and a big old turkey to gnaw on to boot----for a few days meals most times if we make a big enough one
  #619   ^
Old Mon, Nov-01-21, 11:16

Plan: LC/carnivore 6/26/23
Stats: 200/194/137 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Yeah I did not succeed in avoiding sugar but I did walk about three hours while she and her friend were going door to door

I took Advil last night because I had a massive headache

To make sure I have an excellent November I joined steak and butter girl November challenge!

I’m also super angry at my fake boyfriend so I plan to get in excellent shape and stay on plan!!

I basically am ghosting him now I’m avoiding him like the plague
  #620   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-21, 08:20

BF:

E39 if you feel he is toxic then cutting out and dumping to the wayside is a smart move for you We truly have enough darn hard issues in our lives now that extra toxic people that kinda don't need to be there, only thru our allowing it, well, sometimes it is cool ya gotta cut some lose.........but do you as you need of course and who knows, he might improve? Never know But focus on you and your needs, not a darn thing ever wrong with that.

VERY COOL ya joined steak and butter gal, I saw that challenge roaming around out there, wishing you the best!!!!

---------------I hit store for stuff kid needed for school project and checked some seafood prices. OMgosh! My wallet can't take the lobster and king crab prices. What a shame truly....but if no one buys them at these super high prices maybe they will come down some? I doubt it but wishful thinking HAHA

I guess we all gotta come to terms with these higher prices cause what other choice do we have? None....but I will thrive on my ZC plan cause I got more to eat than just that

rock out Nov thru Tday for all of us!
We can easily 'do for us' and not go against what our health is crying for and not eat the crap We got this!!
  #621   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-21, 11:19

BF:

Dear Karen
Last night almost had a week moment but remembered I had Atkins endulge in the house. I had two low carb treats (the serving size was 2 pieces/clusters) and I was fine 👍🏽👍🏽

I consider this a victory that I stayed low carb yesterday!

I woke up today and felt like my stomach fell flat and I felt really good today when I woke up
I had eggs and cheese for breakfast and I only used one slice of cheese and I had plenty of butter with eggs

I can’t afford the filet mignon at Whole Foods anymore they raise the price to $32 a pound. I’m basically going to have Wendy’s burgers as my meat unless I have time to get Whole Foods Ground beef But half the time it’s just easier to buy it at the drive-through

About my fake ex-boyfriend

I think one is different this time around is I didn’t actually tell him what I’m doing. Usually we get into a big fight and I tell him to lose my number. This time that is not what happened
We had quarreled on Saturday night but finally fell asleep and then on Sunday we kind of try to pretend like everything was OK Because we had the kids there
But I think he and I both knew it was over and I did not kiss him goodbye and Sunday
I didn’t contact him on Sunday and Monday and by last night I decided to block him because if he wasn’t apologizing by then he never would
I want to stress that it doesn’t even matter if he was really cheating on me. All that matters is that he was making it seem like he was cheating on me and he was making it seem like he was dating other girls and texting other girls! He was very vocal about it and I was embarrassed. I know his son was listening to part of our conversation. To make matters worse there was a paralegal that he worked with who was fired and she was sending him sexy pictures of her from when she was younger and more attractive
He complain to me about it but he still told me that his son about it and I think that is wrong
I think he should have told her he has a girlfriend and he does not want her texting him that stuff
Little did I know in his head he did not have a girlfriend
What did he think I was?
I spent Thanksgiving with him and Christmas and New Year’s for the last couple of years! I stayed over there every other weekend when he had his kids or even if he didn’t have his kids
I can’t believe I was so blind
I think the only thing I can really do is to avoid him because that is the best way to get revenge on him
He used to not call me back for a while and then he would expect me to be like a puppy running back
I’m a wonderful person and he did not appreciate me
Now I’m out of his life and he will miss me finally I think he really will miss me
If he doesn’t miss my personality he will at least miss all the things I did for him and his boys

I do feel bad for my daughter she did like him and she liked his boys
She said to me yesterday you never let me say goodbye to him
But I told her I had to be strong and fight the urge to get back with him so right now I need to space things out

Of course she has her own cell phone and she can keep in touch with the boys at some point or even him at some point

I don’t think it really matters because he knows it’s over and he will Move on.

As far as I am concerned I need to focus on my daughter and myself and get myself back in shape
I’m not really that heavy right now but I’m not at the way I was at in June or July and I want to get back to the way I was then
My lowest weight over the summer was 133 pounds
That is my goal weight besides for 128
But I set mini goals for myself as well
  #622   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-21, 11:23

BF:

Found super size candy bags , empty, in trashcan. Sure hope DS didn't eat all that candy. Makes me feel like a bad mother.

I council my DH and kids on sugar and bad carbs but I seem to be losing the battle.

Thanksgiving...pulling together a list of low carb recipes.......
  #623   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-21, 11:32

BF:

E39, I'm happy you are finding your way without a boyfriend. Build a life around you and your daughter. She needs you, and you need her: Your relationship is forever!!!

I gave up a lot for twenty years so my kids could have the best of me....both my boys are truly nice. My youngest just about lives at girlfriend's house cause they really do like him.

Making our children feel important and valued is everything.
  #624   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-21, 17:52

BF:

I think she will forget all about this man and his boys eventually

I’m not going to bring them up as much and eventually she’ll focus on her friends as studying for her bat mitzvah next year and she has a lot of things going on with her in regards to school and the drama club and her French language and her math honors class and violin and debate class

so many other things and I really think this will all be a learning experience for both of us

She will learn that I wanted respect that I want to be treated with respect and she will see that I chose not to be with this man who did not respect me

❤️
  #625   ^
Old Wed, Nov-03-21, 21:33

Plan: 12/25/63 (c/p/f)
Stats: 218/207.8/155 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Found super size candy bags , empty, in trashcan. Sure hope DS didn't eat all that candy. Makes me feel like a bad mother.

I council my DH and kids on sugar and bad carbs but I seem to be losing the battle.

Thanksgiving...pulling together a list of low carb recipes.......

I hear you, my mom has pretty bad metabolic syndrome and goes through bread and bananas like gangbusters and not enough fat. Aside from wanting my body to look good, I'm really doing this to avoid that fate.

I just decided I'm making spinach artichoke dip as one of my Thanksgiving dishes. Let us know what you put on the list
  #626   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-21, 05:18

BF:

E39, don't think of yourself as blind over it all. You were kind enough to give the relationship some leeway to see where it might go and how he might evolve in it, but it seems you got the answers you needed Dating is just that, dating to feel out a person to see if they are a fit in our lives, and we have to go thru some guys to find that right one LOL So you do you and let your daughter chat as she wants but in the end, you must do what is right for you and it sounds like you are heading straight for just that! Cool.

Ms A never worry about a kid and candy on Halloween LOL
My 16 yr old is mostly a vague low carb person making good decisions like no bread with her spaghetti but can inhale a bag of gummy bears when she wants HA

but best thing about kids is they grow up more and tastes change cause I said do ya want this candy or that from the store and she says NO, I am over that stuff and I just smile big cause I am happy she is getting off the crap more and wanting real food so age does change them alot I feel. But like I said, she grew up with the 'control the bread and sugar' intake and has that knowledge in her and older she gets the more it is coming out, so I think of it as a win win thru it all.

--------------yesterday I ate 2 NY Strip steaks. omgosh I wanted that beef after living on chicken wings I desired for a good bit. Today is beef or pork.

I feel for ya E on the filet prices. I am having price issues too but nice thing is we can splurge every now and then and have that pricey meat cause we aren't spending bucks at the Dr office for meds for ill health So I am playing around meat/seafood fish and fowl prices now too, sucks rocks but it is what it is LOL

And we all have to remember what is on that plate at any holiday doesn't trump having healthy vibrant people in the chairs around that table We need to eat for our health cause food will come and go but darn, when that health is compromised, and we all been there thru some sort of medical issues for each of us on some level, it stinks! So for me my health has got to be before that plate of food in front of me takes me down an unhealthy rabbit hole I can't climb out of and being older now, nearing 60 I am not going into retirement in sick health. I refuse LOL I got that control over my food on my plate, now I got to get the body to heal up and follow suit and be strong for me
  #627   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-21, 06:26

BF:

I am lucky, I am on a beach trip over Thanksgiving and our treat is an all you can eat buffet loaded with crab legs and prime rib and more so....I am covered Plus I bring my usual meats in my rv (lucky again I got a full kitchen and fridge to do just that) so I am very covered thru Tday

SO WHAT is everyone planning or prepping to be OK thru this holiday coming? By now we gotta have a plan, a mindset change to be all in thru the holiday so what is everyone thinking?

just wondering how it goes down for those planning to cook for family etc?
  #628   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-21, 10:12

BF:

Good morning Karen!

My parents are begging me to go to out back steak house with them so I am having steak tonight around 8 pm

For thanksgiving I might be going to my sister in law’s sisters house with my parents and I told them I want to bring more meat or another turkey to accommodate my meat (whold foods let you pre order) I’m really excited about losing all the weight I gained back and it’s not that much. I’m 150 and I want to get to 130 128 I know if I stick with Carnivore I can accomplish anything!!

Of course my birthday is on November 18 so I might end up having some vegetables or sugar-free cheesecake that night

But maybe not will say I really don’t want to be kicked out of ketosis! Last night my Wendy’s lettuce wrapped my burgers and it tasted pretty good but then when I went to go have a sip of the diet soda it was not diet Try and spit it out but I think I swallowed it a little bit

I told him I was diabetic so they would give me dates of it and they still messed up!!

I have to start keeping diet soda in my car for when I wanna eat meat!

I know I know I have to give up the diet soda to

Anyways I’m very excited about today I have the whole day to myself my daughter is going to be with her dad today so I can do whatever I want

Of course I have a ton of laundry I’m going to drop off at the laundromat I don’t wanna sit and wash blankets all day

My plan is definitely to have breakfast at home eggs and cheese and coffee and then go to the gym today

Karen by dumping this loser boyfriend I feel like I’m going to be on the road to recovery now
He was lazy he didn’t care about his health and he didn’t care about me and I think that was a reason why I was not taking care of myself properly and now that I am no longer in near his stupid behavior towards me I’m going to succeed in everything I put my mind to

One more thing since I was celebrating Christmas with him I will miss having a tree and dressing up as an elf
Well who says that a Jewish girl like me can’t decorate the way I want to I’m Jewish but if I want to have a Hanukkah bush I can
If I want to get in the Christmas spirit I can

There’s no rule about saying you can’t decorate the way you want

I realize now that I liked the idea of him but not him

I’m going to be so much better off without him in my life and I feel like this forum is a new beginning for me

❤️❤️
  #629   ^
Old Sat, Nov-06-21, 22:24

Plan: 12/25/63 (c/p/f)
Stats: 218/207.8/155 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 16%

I am making a thanksgiving menu for myself and my mom will make the carby stuff.

So far I'm making a spinach and artichoke dip and buying protein chips for myself. I want to have a really fatty meat instead of turkey, so I'm making pernil. Very likely I'm also making onion rings with keto batter. And cheesecake with strawberry puree. My appetite/cravings have gone way down with LC so I don't think having the bad stuff around me will stress me out.
  #630   ^
Old Sun, Nov-07-21, 05:17

BF:

E39
I love what you said....you liked the idea of him, but didn't like him. I think that is a very eye opening statement, glad you hit on that and a smart revelation.

Yea some people can suck too much out of us where we can't mentally put us as first, keep us in a good focus so it will be interesting to see how well you do and move forward Cool

Your menu sounds great. Your bringing more meat to your sister in laws house is a very good meal plan and it will suit you well. I travel many places with my food when needed LOL, but darn if it isn't the answer to keep us on track. You sound very secure in your holiday time...love that.

Yes decorate however you want. No one says you have to do anything, or limit to whatever, DO YOU any old way you want. Never a darn thing wrong with that LOL

LostAgain, you got a nice tight plan. Smart to want that more fatty meat against the turkey, I feel you on that. Fat is so satisfying to the body for sure. Your sides sound good, so you are the gal with a good plan happening.

very happy your LC is controlling your cravings! Once in this area where we don't crave out with any crazy, we sure can function and just be calm on our eating plans, glad you are in a good space!!

--------------today is super simple food
NY Strip steak
defrost a 1 lb. pork tenderloin
got some burger meat if wanted also but I think this is more than enough food for me today