Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-11, 06:58

Plan: Just watching it
Stats: 195/190/170 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

I would be in heaven if they brought things like that. But instead today we are having devils food cake, muffins, candy, donuts and not to mention it is popcorn monday here at work. EVERY monday we have that delicious popcorn maker made popcorn. Instead I will sit here and eat my scrambled eggs and sausage....Tonight we are having pot roast in the slow cooker. I'm excited!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Aug-22-11, 10:18

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

Remember everyone, that when our work mates are eating carbs, we DO have our own community of people to hang out with, vent to, take comfort from...tell yourself that as soon as you can, you'll get on line to the low carb forum! That thought has gotten me through many a carb temptation!
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-11, 06:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 252/210/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

We have a woman at my work that is 75 and healthy as an ox. but every morning she brings in a HUGE bag of doughnuts and leaves them in the kitchen. i am seriously considering getting a mini fridge that i can keep some water and snakcs at me desk so i dont have to go in the kitchen and see that brown bag. like everyone says planning ahead and eating before you come to work is key. on days i eat eggs and bacon/sausage in the morning i dont even think about food till lunch.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-11, 07:29

Today is my first day back at work after the summer break (I'm a teacher). The letter I received from my school kindly informed me that the day begins with breakfast, and they were nice enough to tell me what was on offer...muffins and fruit! I've packed my protein and fat...

I am stopping by WalMart after work today and buying myself a minifridge! They have them on sale right now...maybe for all the returning low carb teachers?

Happy work day everyone!
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-11, 07:54
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

For our meetins it's always some high carb food. Noone ever thinks of just cheese and meat platters. The only good thing is we always have splenda and cream.

A friend of mine told me I am no fun anymore because when we go out now I am back on Atkins I don't want to eat what she wants to eat and it makes her feel guilty.

Last edited by red1cutie : Thu, Aug-25-11 at 11:03.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-11, 09:26

Plan: Paleo/Atkins/low cal
Stats: 232/148/135 Female 62
BF:a lot
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scthgharpy
Thats the truth. I just dont attend anymore.

Me neither. And when they pressure me to go, I tell them I'm diabetic and can't have any of it anyway or I will get really sick. Once I said that, they quit pressuring me.

I bring a thermos and get my coffee with cream early, before all the junk food arrives. Then I do not go back into the kitchen area till lunch - and by then everyone has over eaten and it's gone.

I bring my breakfast to work so I am not hungry while everyone is scarfing down pastries. I think this really helps me to say no easily.

Funny thing, now all the people who bring the donuts and cakes to work are storing salad stuff in the frig lately. They are all trying to shave some pounds. I've noticed the huge tires coming on around thier hips.... new pants on a lot of them..... What comes around, goes around (literally).
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-11, 10:43

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhghatesyo
We have a woman at my work that is 75 and healthy as an ox. but every morning she brings in a HUGE bag of doughnuts and leaves them in the kitchen.

So she doesn't eat them herself?
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-11, 11:30

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear

I thought that too!!
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-11, 12:28
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear

That's because she knows how bad they are but she wants to live vicariously through the rest of the staff eating them.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-11, 17:35

Plan: 160g animal protein/day
Stats: 185/167/165 Female 5'10
BF:35
Progress: 90%

I know there are a lot of people on here who don't want to go into the break room/kitchen area because there's fresh junk food like donuts...

But I'm wondering if anyone here is able to "look the donuts in the eye (or in their donut hole)" in disgust while saying silently "you disgust me."
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Aug-25-11, 20:24

Plan: adkins
Stats: 140/122/110 Female 5'0''
BF:
Progress: 60%

I'm going out of town for a family wedding and I know the temptation will be there so I made a batch of low carb peanut butter cookies. I think it's a lot easier to have my own treats than feel left out.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-11, 06:44

BF:

Noooo of course she doesnt eat them. she is the most healthy person. now that i think of it tho i dont think i have ever seen her eat anything. she only works till 12 so i think she goes home to eat. she has gotten better since i have been telling her im not eating those but every morning she used to come to me and say " did you get yuor doughnut, go get one quick" and i always felt like i had to. now i know it wont offend her if i say no, and there is always someone else who will eat them!
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-11, 06:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1cutie
That's because she knows how bad they are but she wants to live vicariously through the rest of the staff eating them.

Oh my gosh, I'm guilty of this! My son is T1 diabetic and low carbs for that reason, I low carb for weight loss and health. My husband has been basically forced into low carbing, but he's very supportive (love him!) Occassionally though, if we go out to eat, my son and I encourage him to have a dessert (if he wants one). We then watch him eat every...single...bite! It's hilarious. My son and I both agree that we don't feel upset or deprived...we are actually getting enjoyment from my husband's enjoyment! Living vicariously...gotta love it.
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-11, 06:46

BF:

and yes Brinethery, i have gotten good at looking at them and saying i dont need you. but i will admit yesterday there waas the most perfect looking chocolate frosted one that i looked at maybe for a little longer than usual. it was tempting. but i know there it about 40ish carbs in the average chocolate frosted and that helps me stay away. if i know the carb count is high i can usually talk myself out of eating the item. so far anyway
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Aug-26-11, 07:50

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

I can go into our kitchen without temptation these days even though people bring in garbage every freakin day. I've learned that even one bite of that stuff will have me on the sugar/insulin/hunger/sugar rollercoaster for the rest of the day and all through the evening. Fear of food cravings gives me strength! But it saddens me that people think these poisons they're bringing in to share are "treats".