Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, May-16-09, 10:26

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
Were you eating in restaurants on vacation? I think they slip in hidden carbs all over the place. Restaurants nearly always mess me up,

Yeah, I was eating out a lot, and I'm sure that led to a lot of the weight gain! Finally back to 286 this morning - and hope to start downward towards a new low - except I'll be going out to eat again later today to celebrate a friend's birthday!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, May-17-09, 16:03

Plan: No carb
Stats: 281.6/231.8/180 Female 5'5"
BF:someday
Progress: 49%

I went out to celebrate a friend's BD too. Went to a brunch buffet wherer I protein loaded but still ate way too much.

I'm bouncing around 1 lb for the past few days. Don't know what is kicking up my appetite at night after I've eaten most of my alloted food. I did add peanuts as a snack one day and saw a mini gain of 0.4 lbs the next day.

It started on Thursday night, aftert I ate at McDonald's - had the bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken. I get that when I go to the hair dressers and eat while the dye is in my hair.

Don't know about any of you but when I get out of my diet it takes me several days to get to where I feel comfortable and can continue with the diet without over eating.

I'm hoping the protein load at brunch will do the trick to put me back in the diet. I ate that between 12 - 12:45 pm. I didn't get hungry again until 5:30 pm.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, May-18-09, 06:34

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi

I am happy to report the stall is gone and I dropped 2.6 pounds this week and I think adding the water really helped and cutting carbs. I am not sure my total this month because 2 weeks ago I gained four!
Gloria
  #49   ^
Old Mon, May-18-09, 08:51

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Quote:
Originally Posted by looseal
Don't know about any of you but when I get out of my diet it takes me several days to get to where I feel comfortable and can continue with the diet without over eating.

Yeah, there's something about carbs that triggers cravings. Also, if you have a sensitivity to say, corn, then eating a little corn can set loose a flood of cravings.

One thing I've learned over the years is that cravings cannot be satisfied by feeding them -- that only reinforces the craving. You just have to sit them out and then they die and go away.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, May-18-09, 08:53

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

Good going Gloria!

I'm down 2 this morning to 284.

I started the Eades' Pentabosol a couple days ago. I'm hoping that it will speed the rate of my weight loss.

We have two weeks left, including today. Time to pour on the effort. I've been walking the dog longer and up steeper hills. Anyone else got a strategy for the end of the month?

Last edited by bike2work : Mon, May-18-09 at 08:59.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, May-19-09, 06:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
I started the Eades' Pentabosol a couple days ago. I'm hoping that it will speed the rate of my weight loss.

Good luck, Let us know how it goes. I took Pentabosol for a month and the only thing it made lighter was my pocketbook. I'm still sitting at 286 this morning. Can't seem to get things to budge nohow.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, May-19-09, 17:10

I've heard 13 is an unlucky number but I'll take 13% down. Woot. Okay I'll be honest. It wasn't the protein load that got me out of the munchies. It was back pain.

Slept wrong the other night and work at 3 am with pain where I couldn't stand straight. Yesterday, I bought some Doan's -well actually a rip off that was 1/2 price. There is probably a muscle relaxer in it. Hunger is a muscle spasm. You get it. I ate about 1000 calories all day, yesterday.

DO NOT take this to lose weight. If you should ever hurt your back then the meds will not work because you will have built up a resistence. Consequently, I am taking very little of this today. And I'm back to normal Low Carb and within my calorie allotment diet.
  #53   ^
Old Wed, May-20-09, 07:34

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

woohooo!! scale said I was down 7 lbs this morning. That is 12 lbs for me this month. yeah
  #54   ^
Old Wed, May-20-09, 08:30

BF:

Well I finally dropped a pound! Down to 285 this morning. Boy this is slow. I started the month of May at 286, and set my goal to be under 280 by month end. That sure seemed doable at the time, but at this rate far less so now. At this rate getting under 280 will have to be my October goal, and reaching my final goal will be my goal for the year 2020.
  #55   ^
Old Wed, May-20-09, 14:50

Woot for Merpig and Blumunz
  #56   ^
Old Thu, May-21-09, 08:39

BF:

Dropped another half pound today, down to 284.5. I doubt I'll reach my original May goal of being below 280, but at least I'm getting closer. Of course this is a holiday weekend in the US and I already have several "eat out" plans. Eeek. Danger, danger! Be ever vigilant. It's so *hard* not to overdo the protein.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, May-21-09, 09:29
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

My progress so far this month:
5/01/09 - 193.8
5/13/09 - 195.4
5/21/09 - 195.4

No change after a week that included several eat-outs and high calorie days kind of feels like a victory?
Anyway, as of yesterday, I'm going to try to keep the protein a little lower and the fat a little higher (but not necessarily Dr K's ratios) and the calories in the under 1300 range, and make a push to end May on a high note.
  #58   ^
Old Thu, May-21-09, 16:11

EEEEKKKK! 10 more weigh-in days until the end of May. I've lost 7 lbs so far this month. But I'd like to be 270 which is 4 lbs away. I've been losing slowly and also may not make my own mini-goal.

Tomorrow, at work, co-worker suggested a BBQ for lunch. I explained I am doing low carb and I'll eat with everyone but will bring my own LC food. She's a nurse and is understanding. I find most ppl understanding of my diet plans.

Well in 10 days we will celebrate our achievements not our short comings. Then we will set new goals for June. WoOt.
  #59   ^
Old Fri, May-22-09, 06:30

BF:

Today was a big eating day for me. According to LifeForm I had at least 3000 calories for the day! But on the OD eating plan that's supposed to be fine, and Dr. Kwasniewski actually puts *all* patients on a 3000-calorie-per-day diet when they come to his clinic, supposedly.

And sure enough, scale dropped another 1/2 pound this morning, down to 284. Still doubt I'll make my original May goal of being under 280, but at least I'm inching closer.
  #60   ^
Old Fri, May-22-09, 08:52

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

ok everyone, my Dr's appointment is Tuesday. I have met my goal for loosing 15 lbs by that time. I am going to see if I can squeeze in a few more lbs by than. I'm thinking I might be able to drop 1 or 2 more. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Haven't seen this Dr. since last year and am hoping good news on my weight loss. I hope he is really surprised.