Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-08, 02:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 252/242.5/130 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 8%

Would love to join the challenge, have scale, tape measure and camara... just began LCing a few days ago and this will be my first challenge... am definitly ready for a change and I think this will be great motivation!!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-08, 14:24

Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

I joined the nearby fitness center today! I've been working out at home all along plus lots of biking but I really needed something for winter workouts and for when biking is not possible. I just finished a free trial week and the elliptical is kicking my behind - in a good way!
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-08, 19:03
Kerry

Plan: WW/Atkins
Stats: 368/266.5/199 Female 5'1
BF:M.O./O/chunky
Progress: 60%

I'm ready!
I am going to stay focused, work out at the gym at the least 3 days a week, continually adding weights and challenging myself, watch my portions, sodium, and start paying more attention to my calories too.

Last edited by IrishShrty : Mon, Sep-29-08 at 01:02.
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-08, 19:44

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishShrty
I'm ready!

Maybe this will be the time for me too...
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-08, 20:16
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

Got a new scale, and it is weighing me way higher then my old one did, so I really need to get tough. I have lots of exercise equiptment home and also a gym at work, so I need to use it and also cut carb creep out of my plan.
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-08, 20:27
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

Hi Everyone!!

Still haven't found my tape measure, but I HAVE figured out what I'm going to do different.

I'm going to use something that I was taught in a class long ago. The idea is that we need to change the way we think about ourselves. Turn "being in shape and thin" into the norm in our heads. People don't like going out of their comfort zone, EVEN if it's to a place we want to go. aka... if we're heavy, we think of ourselves that way, we think of "comfort foods" as those foods we've eaten when we're heavy. We think of our heavier selves as "normal" when what we want to think of ourselves as is a person who believes in eating healthy and being healthy. If we can truely make the conversion in our brain, our "comfort zone" becomes that "in shape" person that knows how to control their eating.

It goes like this. Choose the things you wish to be...
1) create a few sentences (no more than 6) that help you visualize yourself that way. The sentences should be very positive.

2) read through your sentences every night before bedtime so you go to sleep with those positive thoughts and it begins to be engrained in your subconcious

My sentences (these may need to be modified somewhat)...
1) I like it when I control my food, because when I do, it becomes easier for me to continue controlling my food.2) I like the way clothes fit and the way I look when I'm at goal.3) I will look soooo much better on the dance floor in shape
4) I like the way I feel when I'm in shape, I like sleeping better, like my back feeling better.
5) I will feel good when a 1 meal cheat doesn't turn into an all day/week food orgy, because it means that once I get the weight off, I'll be able to keep it off.
6) I will drink 80oz of water nad quit eating after 8pm whenever possible, because I feel better without the bloated feeling and these two items really help me take the weight off.

It's important to visualize and actually FEEL the positive vibes as you go through each sentence. If the sentence itself doesn't do it, then think of something you REALLY felt good about.. then imagine feeling that good about your goal for that sentence. Do this each night, go to bed with those positive thoughts, the repetition will help your concious mind remember, doing it before bed will enlist your subconcious mind in your conversion.

Good idea Pink.. to challenge us to think of something we'll do different this time.

Mike

Last edited by DaddioM : Mon, Sep-29-08 at 11:33.
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-08, 22:53
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal

I left off the measurements that are never a problem, my legs are all muscle and I have no butt/no hips.. ...which makes it that much MORE important that I get rid of the belly fat.

I did measure my arms, not because they're fat, but because I want them to get BIGGER.

How do I take my measurements?

Answer :
Taking your measurements is an excellent way to keep track of your changing shape as you get fit. When you burn fat and increase your muscle mass, you may weigh a bit more even though your body is getting tighter and smaller. Here is how you take 10 different body measurements. Remember to keep your muscles relaxed while you're measuring.

1. Bust: 44 Don't squish yourself -- measure all the way around your bust and back right at your nipple line, and make sure the tape measure is not lower.

2. Chest: 40.5 Measure under your breasts but as high up as you can go, keeping the tape measure parallel to this line when you reach it around your back.

3. Waist: 47 Measure wherever it is the smallest (if you have "no waist" go around yourself right at the navel line).
9. Upper arm: 14 Measure wherever they are biggest above your elbows.

10. Forearms: 11.5 Measure wherever they are biggest below your elbows.

Remeasure yourself every couple of months. It may seem discouraging to see your measurements when you start a diet plan, but once your begin to see results, the feeling of accomplishment is wonderful. Even if you have been on a program for a while, it's not too late -- it is great to watch your body continue to change.

Get your tape measure and get started now!

My weight is 221!!

Last edited by DaddioM : Mon, Sep-29-08 at 11:27. Reason: Added my starting weight
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-08, 23:22
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/...pg?t=1222659500

Chest 42 under bra 35
Bicep 12
Waist 34
Buttocks 42
Thigh 22
Calf 15

Weight {brand new and hated already scale &TOM} 187

Last edited by liddie01 : Mon, Sep-29-08 at 06:54.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 02:34
Registered Member

Stats: 185/166/135 Female 70"
BF:

Just checking in before I go to work.

Weight - 177

Chest - 38
Upper arm - 12.5
Waist - 41
Hips - 40.5
Thigh - 24.5
Calf - 15

Here's to the new us we're gonna be!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 06:18

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Weight - 243.2

Chest - ?
Bicep - ?
Waist - ?
Thigh - ?
Calf - ?
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 06:32

Plan: Optimal Ketogenic Living
Stats: 214.8/167.4/170 Female 5ft 6in
BF:restart 4/14-215
Progress: 106%

Weight 197.8

Chest - 37.5 (measured under breasts where the bra band goes)
Bicept - 13
Waist - 42 (at the navel)
Hips - 43
Thigh - 24.5
Calf - 16
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 06:36

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Good morning everyone!!! It's great to see you all in here!!! I will be reporting back in around 8pm Pacific Time to record all the responses and prepare the results table for our first weigh in!!! I will post the table tomorrow (Tuesday)morning.

As for me...I've got my weight, my measurements and my before pics and I plan to be more dilligent this go around about my exercise - specifically: I will be waking up an hour earlier in the mornings to fit in atleast 45 minutes of exercise 5X a week! And I plan to drink a lot more water!

I am so excited for me and for all of us! The enthusiasm is contagious!
Here we go!
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 06:40

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Weight: 199.5

Measurements:

Chest - 37.5
Bicep - 12.5
Waist - 35.75
Hips - 47
Thigh - 27
Calf - 17.25

Last edited by pinkclouds : Mon, Sep-29-08 at 06:50.
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 09:17

Plan: GEN. LC
Stats: 224.4/214.6/190 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hey guys!!!! I'm back! Hopefully for good this time! Have had a lot of stuff going on the past few months.
I will officially join on Sunday Oct 5th but will add in all my stats tomorrow (Tuesday). I found out I gained 20 lbs since May!!!
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Sep-29-08, 09:45

Plan: Atkins/Cad/Keto
Stats: 394.6/339.2/300 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi!

Weight: 299

Chest: 41
Bust: 44
Waist: 45
Hips: 57