Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-08, 09:40

Plan: Low Carb, IF
Stats: 160/141/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 95%

Yes! Weighing daily really keeps you in check...

I do have a question about this though. This morning I got up around 6am to go to the bathroom and weighed myself at 147.5 then went back to bed for a few hours, went pee again and weighed in at 146.3. Does anyone know why that would happen?? I normally don't weigh more than once a day but that seems goofy and I guess I'm glad I did!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-08, 10:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 418/230/230 Male 69
BF:100/99/0
Progress: 100%

Well, after my cheat I felt like crap. I had acid in my throat and it was terrible. I feel fat and nasty. I don't know about the scale since I don't own one. I did do my strip last night and I was barely and I mean barely in ketosis. I go up this morning and did it and I was back at 40. So I think I am OK but I still feel nasty.
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-08, 10:17

Stats: 216/176/155 Female 5ft 7in
BF:33%
Progress: 66%

Sounds like a good plan. I did great yesterday, and then I made LC pudding. Not too bad, but still way more carbs than I wanted to eat! I don't know what's wrong with me. Though when I weighed myself this morning already back down a couple of pounds from the cheat, so at least that didn't seem to affect me much.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 02:41

Plan: Paleo & Evolution
Stats: 273/257/203 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie2MeJL
Yes! Weighing daily really keeps you in check...

I do have a question about this though. This morning I got up around 6am to go to the bathroom and weighed myself at 147.5 then went back to bed for a few hours, went pee again and weighed in at 146.3. Does anyone know why that would happen?? I normally don't weigh more than once a day but that seems goofy and I guess I'm glad I did!

I get this sometimes. I put it down to scales not being completely accurate. I presume you are using digital scales? If so, lots of factors such as atmospheric temperature, floor temperature, whether you are placing them on an unevan floor or carpet, etc., can cause this to happen.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 07:52

Plan: Low Carb, IF
Stats: 160/141/140 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 95%

Wow thats a bummer, I always thought my digital scale was much more accurate than any other one I've had. Thanks for your response though.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 07:56

Stats: 280/272.5/170 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Well, you did say that you peed again. maybe that accounts for the difference.

I've actually noticed that if I weigh myself when I first wake up, but then walk around for a bit and "shake the sleep off" or whatever, then hop back on the scale, it's usually a pound or so less. No idea why, but this is consistent, so I know it's not my scale that is inaccurate. Maybe it has something to do with the force of gravity. I'm also always 2 lbs heavier at night than I am in the morning. Go figure.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 08:06

I've actually peed, then brushed my hair and stuff and weighed myself again and been HIGHER once or twice. Whatever. I only count one of my evening weigh ins, because I'm all over the board throughout the day. And it is really annoying. So much for that expensive scale. I think I was happier with my cheap one that never seemed to move much!
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 13:12

You can Google about bathroom scales and you can find that they are very undependable. Some of them round up to the highest number near where it has weighed in the past certain number of days.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 13:51

Plan: keto ancestral/IF
Stats: 330/189/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofattogo
You can Google about bathroom scales and you can find that they are very undependable. Some of them round up to the highest number near where it has weighed in the past certain number of days.

What what what? Well that's just cruel!
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 02:25

Plan: Paleo & Evolution
Stats: 273/257/203 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWhammies
What what what? Well that's just cruel!

Tis true, tis true. You can't reley on them. That's probably why we're told not to weigh ourselves everyday. I still do though and the variation is quite strange at times.

Actually, what I do is keep the weight in an Excel spreadsheet and create a simply line graph with the information. It's quite interesting to do and lets you see that you are going in the right direction (especially on "doubt" days).

It also can "predict" the weight loss for you and give you an idea when you will hit your goal weight (given your current averages).

Quite interesting if you're a geek like me!
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 08:16

Well, Ritchie, this is not good news! But I'm glad to see someone else as scale conscious as myself. I hate Excel documents, but I may just be forced to go there!
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 10:20

Stats: 255/255/150 Female 67
BF:way too much
Progress: 0%

Thanks Deidra. I will come here and read the post if I am trying to cheat. I am back on track today. Tonight we have puppy school.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 06:55

Plan: keto/atkins/no cow dairy
Stats: 230/217/170 Female 5" 8'
BF:
Progress: 22%

On the scale thing.
I have a digital one. I find if I get on it, it will show me what I weighed the last time I weighed. So, If I get on and lean on something and let it settle at a much lower weight (usually around 180), then get off and get back on, I will get a different number. However with my wooden uneven floors, I'm still never sure. Talk about ridiculous. I hate my scale. I have taken to calling it names. My clothes are too loose now. I like my clothes.
Cerridwen the Insane
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 08:07

I have a question. I lost 27lbs in a little over 4 weeks on induction. I then gave blood last Saturday. For some reason it all went to crap after that. Anyway I had a thought. If you loose a bunch of weight and then stall. What happens if you go off the diet for about 3-5 days then you do induction again? Will you see the same large amounts of weight come off as you did the first time? In other words is it a stall breaker for most people?
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Apr-23-08, 08:32

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

yep, you go back to square one to get back into ketosis.

You can try not to, but it's painful!
I actually have an IF day in order to jumpstart the ketosis and get the hunger pangs under control again.