Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 01:36
Scottish Flower

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 210/171/145 Female 5ft 3 1/2
BF:no i'm married :)
Progress: 60%

Total: 1904
Fat: 177 1590 84%
Sat: 69 618 33%
Poly: 12 110 6%
Mono: 62 559 30%
Carbs: 9 25 1%
Fiber: 3 0 0%
Protein: 69 276 15%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

this is my fitday for yesterday, thought i'd put one in to see if i was in the ball park, i'm pretty happy with that but think i'll concentrate on keeping my protein lower (i didn't eat as much as i normally would yesterday) and see how i get on. Already i've got my curves back!!!!!

daisy
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 04:24
Registered Member

Plan: low-carb
Stats: 175/000/135 Female 178cm
BF:
Progress: 438%

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyboo
Already i've got my curves back!!!!!

daisy

You know I thought the same! After only one day of cutting back protein and eating liberal fats, I feel better proportioned and less flabby! It's still early, but this seems to confirm that excess protein indeed affects insulin, and makes one more prone to store fats in the belly area.

I also realize now how little meat is needed to meet my protein needs! 1 chicken leg, 3 butcher sausages and maybe 2 egg yolks and I'm already there.. I really need to think of more ways to incorporate enough fat in my diet. So far I'm thinking teas with lots of cream, creamy veggies, or eating each bite of my meal with a hunk of butter on top Wow, I feel so decadent!

Look forward to hearing how you are all doing!
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 04:35

Plan: Atkins mostly
Stats: 191/175.7/132 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I just realized that my fat intake goes around 70-75% and that without doing it on purpose. I also realized that this time, eating like this, I'm losing more than eating less fat how I did the first time.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 05:36

Plan: Kimkins Bootcamp
Stats: 185/145.2/140 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Sunday, I was :Fat= 76%, C= 3%, P =21% Calories=1357

I know my calories are low, but I was so full. I do not have a big appetite, I never have. Today is was 149.8, yah the 140's again.

I feel great! Off to the gym for 1 hour of high intensity cardio!

TTFN,
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 06:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/138/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Sorry-- a happy aside--I seem to be losing inches in my tummy area as well. I went shopping this weekend and the store had no jeans in the women's section that were small enough! I needed a 2 and there were none! I ended up getting a pair in the juniors section.

2nd full week of Atkins 72 induction down, and I'm down 6 pounds total!

Question for you high fatters: I've recently discovered Marscapone cheese, which is low in protein (1g) and high in fat (13g). Any thoughts on ways to use it? I made a mock danish this morning, but other than that I am stumped. Note: I count all protein sources, including cheese and pork rinds.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 06:34

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 163.3/143/132 Female 1.68cm
BF:
Progress: 65%

How do you work out your ratio??? I am new to all this and I am curious to know. Is eating high fat better then low fat low carb?
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 06:58

BF:

Not sure if that was directed toward me, but I'll respond:

75% (or higher) -- Fat
25% (or lower) -- Protein
5% (or lower)-- Carbs

I have not been counting grams of fat, but keep my protein between 54-66 grams per day, with a higher day or two on the weekends. Carbs are fewer than 20 for now. I'm moving slowly up the ladder, but want to keep these ratios in mind as I progress.

I've done both low fat and high fat versions of low carb, and the high fat version has been more satisfying by far. I love the way I'm eating. I actually thought that I would gain, jumping from lf/lc to hf/lc, but I lost 4 pounds in a week. YMMV!
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 07:19
Registered Member

Plan: IF/Paleokins
Stats: 153.4/143.6/118 Female 67
BF:33.3/31.4/18.0
Progress: 28%

Hi. I've been away from the forum for a little while but I'm back now and committing myself to a combo Optimum Diet/Atkins Induction type plan. Last time I was here I was trying to do low fat low carb which I now think is crazy.

I've added coconut oil to my daily diet, and replaced fish oil with cod liver oil. My plan is to keep carbs under 20g, protein between 55-70g and shoot for fat at 80% of total cals. Goal is to lose 25 lbs.

I've been having trouble getting the fat up because of all the dairy I've got in the house which also has protein and some carbs. So I'm getting myself some full cream and macadamia nuts today. Any other suggestions?
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 07:48

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 163.3/143/132 Female 1.68cm
BF:
Progress: 65%

Excellent!! Thank you so much for your reply! Good luck with your diets!!!
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 07:56

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

I ended up eating a LOT more protein yesterday (and fat and calories, and carbs - lots of emotional eating)- assuming you count the protein from the massive quantity of nuts I had yesterday.

I feel icky, but my wildly inaccurate home scales claim I've lost a teensy bit of weight... We'll see when I get to the gym today what really happened, since I don't trust my home scales for anything other than a ballpark weight.

At any rate, my ratios stayed pretty much the same again yesterday, with around 10%C/20%P/70%F.

I'm so used to eating primarily protein sources that making the switch to less protein and more fats is approximately as difficult as switching from primarily eating carbs to a low carb diet - I think I need to completely change my mindset, and seriously alter my recipes.
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 08:21

Plan: to take over de world
Stats: 184/153.8/153 Female 5'10"
BF:D
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteenlb
Question for you high fatters: I've recently discovered Marscapone cheese, which is low in protein (1g) and high in fat (13g). Any thoughts on ways to use it? I made a mock danish this morning, but other than that I am stumped. Note: I count all protein sources, including cheese and pork rinds.

I love mascarpone! I normally just eat it with a spoon straight from the tub!

I have tried the Mascarpone parfait recipe (from the Atkins website) and if you're trying to up your fats, this might be a winner!

Calories: 458
Fat: 48 grams
Protein: 5 grams
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Net Carbs: 3 grams
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 08:35

BF:

Zorra1, that looks just fantastic. Thank you! GazelleNYC, this may be a neat option for you as well-- most cheeses weigh in at 6-8g protein per ounce; marscapone is 1g per ounce!

I like olives as well, and if you guys are into convenience foods (I am trying to stay away from them for now) Cinnamunch Pork Puffs from Netrition are also lower protein than regular pork rinds.
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 09:50
Registered Member

Plan: IF/Paleokins
Stats: 153.4/143.6/118 Female 67
BF:33.3/31.4/18.0
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteenlb
Zorra1, that looks just fantastic. Thank you! GazelleNYC, this may be a neat option for you as well-- most cheeses weigh in at 6-8g protein per ounce; marscapone is 1g per ounce!

I'm going to buy some today!
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 10:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/165/130 Female 5 ft 5 in.
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default top heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyCarol
Thanks, Jill! I'm still not happy that I am still so top heavy, but I still have a long ways to go.

Sunny (Carole)

*sigh* so am I.... and I had a breast reduction when I was 21 (I was 5'5" and 110 lbs) because my boobs were ENORMOUS... 32 F! But after babies and weight gain, they are back up to a G. And as I'm losing weight... they look like Rock in a Sock....
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Mar-12-07, 10:05
Scottish Flower

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 210/171/145 Female 5ft 3 1/2
BF:no i'm married :)
Progress: 60%

i'm size 6 and mine are 32F
Closed Thread