Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 22:12

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Hi girls...

Since this is the "Official" start date (as we know, anyone can start anytime) I am going to post...

My stats as of January 2, 2006:

Weight:

Current:167
Goal: 145 (? I'm not too good at losing weight!)
Mini-Goal: Lose 1.5 lbs. per week

Exercise:

Walking, wearing 5 lb. wrist and ankle weights:
Currently: none
Mini-Goal: 30 minutes 5x week
Goal: 40 minutes 5x week

Torso Track:
Currently: 55 reps 5x week
Goal: 75 reps 5x week

Arm exercises, 3 kinds, using 2 lb. hand weights, 5x week:
Currently: 1 set of 25-30 reps ea., 5x week
Goal: 3 sets of 30 reps 5x week

Floor exercises, 4, focusing on torso & thighs, 5x week:
Currently: 1 set of 25-30 ea., 5x week
Goal: 2 sets of 40 reps 5x week

Dietary Strategy:
Current: High Protein, High Veg, No starches, Low-mod. carb, moderate cals
Goals: 1. Reduce Portion sizes
2. Cheat-free until JANUARY 30TH!

I consumed about 35 carbs today...(my bad! I made a Bawdy's Cheesecake and couldn't stay away from it...) Just steak for dinner though...

See you all tomorrow
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jan-02-06, 22:43

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 208/185/150 Male 5ft 9'
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hey count me in too,

Stats:

Male
Weight:
Current: 185 (probably less, but estimate)
Goal: 150
Minigoal: 169 (Lose 2lbs per week)

Excercise:
Swimming (at least 40 laps) - Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays

Cardio (1 mile or 25 mins on the elliptical) - Tuesdays, Thursdays,Sundays

Abs - Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays

Dietary Strategy - Atkins Induction
Goals:
1.) At least 4 bottles of water per day
2.) Cheat free until Jan 30th
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 00:54

Welcome 2B-Able!

Sounds like you have a good plan.... *variety*... Where do you live, that you can do laps? Or is this an indoor pool? I've never been a good swimmer, even taking lessons a few times. Don't have the water gene I guess!

If you feel like posting your meals, please do. Induction is a mystery to me...I can't seem to keep my carbs low enough, but admire those who can!

Let's see what we all can lose this week...!

I'm staring down 167 Grrr!
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 04:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/135/140 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 113%

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Gonwtwindo,
Yes my name is Joy and I was born inTrinidad but now live in Canada.
Yes I did lose that weight in 11weeks, I have been very good with the eating. No workout todate however, but I am a busy person and active so that helps somewhat. Today is 12 weeks on LC I went on the scale this morning still 147lbs.
I have been stalled for about two weeks, so I know I need to do something to kick start more weight loss.
I started this for weight Loss but have found such an improvement in the way I feel that even with I am stalled I am not discouraged and so I keep eating LC. My health has really improved.
I would like to look great in a swim suit this summer. So I am here.
Thanks for the welcome.
Warmest Regards,
Joy
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jan-03-06, 16:11

Trinigirl, that's really great progress for 11 weeks. I don't even know how long mine took to come off; I restricted carbs very casually, did try induction a couple of times but couldn't stick with it.

Muscle uses more calories even in a resting state, so exercising will help you lose a few pounds over the long haul. Don't forget, you WILL lose inches by exercising, so will be smaller and shapelier, weight loss or not!

I think plateaus are totally normal; kind of like your body saying "Hey, I am comfortable here". My bod got to this current weight approx a year ago, and I have let it be...sometimes low-carbing, sometimes not. I think after this long of a rest, it should respond well to some more-restrictive eating habits, which I have just begun today.

YES let's look good in our bathing suits this summer!! I live in a 300+ apartment complex, with 3 pools, and for 2 summers now I have NOT used them. Even 10 pounds down with firming exercise would probably get me out there!
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 00:00

Hi all...

I just posted my exercise details in My Journal...suffice it to say, here, that I did them all, including the 30 minute walk.

I'm finding it easy to copy and paste the previous day's exercise post into a new message (or is it called a reply?) and leave it onscreen while I do the exercises. This reminds me what I have to do. And, when I finish the exercise, I change the # of reps if necessary and go on to the next. Then, when I'm done, voila, it's ready to post as "today"'s exercise.

Hope everybody is remembering how good they are going to look if they stick to this bathing suit challenge!!

*Goodnight*
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 13:49

Plan: My Own Mix
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Well you folks sound like a motivated bunch...and with the word bathing suit in the title I must say I have to join you. (Thanks, gone, for the personal invite , too.)

In south Florida the winter isn't all that nasty and so bathing suit season pipes up full time in March, MARCH!!! And to top it off, I spend plenty of time at the beach before that during warm "spells"; had one just this past weekend as a matter of fact. (I'm ducking from the snowballs you're pelting me with about now. )

THEN, in June, I spend 6 full weeks in my bathing suit at WORK - teaching kids about our waterways and to be stewards of them.

My goal will be in sync with yours: really tighten up before all the hullabaloo begins in the spring. Then, to KEEP it off. (This is my 2nd time dropping 20lbs.)

A before picture? I'll have to see what I can do.
After? Well, I sort of have one as my goal in my profile already.
Tape measure? I can do that.
Scale? I honestly don't want to look right now.

Sorry so long-winded....but looking forward to an aweseme challenge.
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Jan-04-06, 22:10

Now that's an awesome goal photo!! You have a nice shape you lucky little devil! Great muscle definition...yes I think weights are the way to go for you...

I'm so glad you're joining us! BTW I think that's right brave of you to take your measurements...That's the one thing I can't do yet!

My worst measurements ever: at 9 months of pregnancy w/2nd son: 41-41-41!! (I think they are worse now)
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 04:07

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 208/185/150 Male 5ft 9'
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hey gonwtwindo, Well Im from Los Angeles, but in in school at the moment. There is an indoor pool on campus so I can swim there.

In terms of meals, umm
I had bacon and eggs for breakfast
I had some in n out lettuce wraps for lunch
I completed the day with a salad, ,and i also drink water(alot)
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 04:28

BF:

Hi Everyone,

Boy everyone is on track. Well I want to report that I am off to the local YMCA today to get membership for my family, I will take my two younger ones to swim and I will workout for that hour. So I feel good about that since my children swim alot at our pool in the summer, but are both indoors during the winter and they need to be active as well and it will get me working out. It's a win, win, suitation for us all.
Have a great swimsuit day everyone.
Joy
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 09:53

2B-Able...that's a very conservative food intake in my book...something to aim for in order to get the scale to budge.
Yesterday I had:

2 Eggplant Slices rolled around Spinach
2 Mushrooms
1/2 a Baby Bok Choy

Chicken Breast
Small Caesar Salad

2 slices low carb cheesecake (there! it's finally gone!)

So I guess except for the cheesecake I'm doing o.k., huh?

I've gotten lazy about drinking water. I made an effort yesterday to drink more, but only ended up w/2 bottles down. Will try for more today.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 09:56

Trinigirl, are your kids taking lessons? How old are they? That's a great idea, to use the gym while they have fun! Like you said, a win-win situation.

Here's looking forward to *firming*!
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 12:46

Plan: My Own Mix
Stats: 185/185/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

There was a tupperware of something that looked like brownies here at work; I actually OPENED it to see. I don't really know what I would have done if it was brownies....but thank goodness it was ground coffee!! I surely think it was a sign NOT to cheat.
Quote:
Now that's an awesome goal photo!! You have a nice shape you lucky little devil! Great muscle definition...yes I think weights are the way to go for you...

Thanks so much. It was a LOT of determination at the gym to get there. I don't even envy those stars who are so buff and slender because I know that they spend HOURS in the gym regularly. Well, if I could make millions every year and spend hours in the gym, darn right I'd look like them all the time, too!!

Here's to us who have REAL LIVES and make it happen!

Have a super low-carb day, everyone! It's so nice to meet you all!
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Jan-05-06, 18:39

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Gone, I don't know where I read about ankle weights not be good for your knees. If I find it again I will let you know.

I'm so proud of myself! I had lunch with my sister today. I was worried what to eat. She suggested a chinese buffet and I said I would rather eat where I had to order specific food. We ate at a small cafe with delicious burgers. I ordered a mushroom and swiss cheese burger, no bun, no fries, and a dinner salad. It was great! I tried to drink just lemon water but the water was so gross that I ordered a diet Coke.

Just had to brag!
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 04:42

BF:

Good Morning Everyone,

Hi Gonwtwindo,
My young ones will be doing lessons and fun swims as well. I have an appointment on Jan 15th. They are so busy and booked up that they can't take me before then.
The children go back to school on Monday, I drop them every Morning and I will come back home workout with a tape. I have now set a day, by the time for working out. That for me is a big thing.
I am a landscape Designer so from Spring to Fall I am outside and very busy and active. So are the children. We have a pool so the kids swim from the time the weather warms up. So we are quite active for most of the year. I am really looking forward to this year. I can't wait for warm weather.

I keep reading your post everyone and you have all done so well and con't to do so.
Have a great day everyone.
Warmest Regards,
Joy