Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 02:38
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I didn't have a problem.

Since I'm in maintenance and allow myself exceptions, I took a nibble here and there of various candies... but none of it amounted to more than a single hershey's fun size chocolate bar total I'd reckon . Not a problem at all. I made cranberry bread and pumpkin cheesecake, which is really what I crave, so I really wasn't that tempted by the candy. Most of the temptation I had was emotional/mental. It was emotional in that I had "memories" of chowing down on halloween with a big ole bag of candy, and mental in that it felt "unfair" to do without while everyone around me was indulging excessively (don't you HATE people like that who can stay thin )? Physically the candy did not taste good. It's much too sweet. It tastes like a void of sugar intensity. I am continuously shocked to find my old favorite candies (white chocolate, almond joys, peppermint patties) taste bad. The only pleasing properties (smooth chocolate, crunchy nuts, etc) are easily replicated in carb controlled confections.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 05:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

I did great! I bought a Z carb bar (my fav) and a bag of Sugar Free Jolly Ranchers. I ate 4 Jolly Ranchers and the bar and felt fine.
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 05:39
PuertoRican Princess

Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF and more FFFFFFFF's.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 05:57

Stats: 245/195/175 Female 5' 8"
BF:stillhangingaround
Progress: 71%

C++++ I did have an issue with some salt water taffy at work. Before this wol I wouldn't have touched the stuff because my hands would have been full of chocolate. My biggest down fall was the pizza party. I meant to just eat the first yummy bite and then just the toppings but while yakking with neighbors I just naturally ate the whole thing - right down to the crust. Once - ok forgivable abut three times!!??! So maybe I need to do a grade change to D+
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 06:03

Plan: paleoish
Stats: 130/104/105 Female 5'1"
BF:-
Progress: 104%

A+

I had it easy though. Didn't have any candy at home. But even if I did, I wouldn't have cheated because I had zero cravings.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 06:03
fierce!

Plan: TGDW
Stats: -/-/- Female 64
BF:
Progress: 73%

A

We didn't buy candy and turned out all the lights.

But I give myself an A++ for yesterday. I can't even begin to describe the volumes of candy that appeared in my workplace. Everyone trying to rid themselves of their leftover loot, I guess! I didn't eat a single one.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 06:33

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

A++++, had the candy around for several days and still have some and not one taste, lick or even a good sniff!!

Linda
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 07:10

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 250/140/140 Female 5' 7
BF:?/28%/?
Progress: 100%

A, put the bowl of candy on the front porch for the kids to help themselves (was still some left over!) and went out with ds to trick or treat. I had a lc chocolate bar for myself and was very happy.
Marie
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 07:12

Stats: 236/195/150 Female 5'6
BF:too high to type!!
Progress: 48%

F-.... I not only had chocolate but.. oh I don't want to type this .. Mcdonalds... Bad I know.. But got right back on track yesterday.. My new goal is to get thru to Christmas before I "cheat" again! And the good news is no gain from the halloween fopa!
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 07:23

Stats: 232/216/142 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

A++, not only did I give out treats to the kids, my son went trick or treating and brought home candy and there it sits on the table, untouched by me (well, with the exception that I did "touch" his candy because I searched it to check for razor blades and tainted candy). This is the first Halloween that I did not eat candy...ever!
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 07:35
BACK ON TRACK

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 400/264/185 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%
Smile

Halloween was a non event for me...had no problem whatsoever...and handed out mucho candy....but then, I'm on a mission right now...a final push to reach goal.

Eddie
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 08:11
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I'm reading, with interest, people's grading systems even more than who went off or stayed the course! Although I didn't have a bit of candy and the big pile leftover hasn't even been calling my name, I did eat more of the lc stuff than I really should have. I suppose, to me, that would make it still an "A" since I never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd eat string cheese, olives, and a sf candy instead of buying all my favorites "for the kids" and having most of them MYSELF!

I didn't hand OUT "healthy things", since I'm not fond of having to clean eggs and toilet paper off my house!
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 08:19

Plan: Whole Foods (my own)
Stats: 135/127/120 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
I'm reading, with interest, people's grading systems even more than who went off or stayed the course!

It IS interesting isn't it - basically either A++ or F--. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, does it? If you got back on the wagon the next day, dust yourself off and give yourself a C+. Its called LIFE, it happens!
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 08:24
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Quote:
It IS interesting isn't it - basically either A++ or F--. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, does it?

The reason I gave myself an F is because I had planned 100% not to endulge in candy, and I did, and took it one step further with endulging in party food and beer as well... the grade was for Halloween day only. Monday, I was back in the saddle.
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 08:34

Plan: Atkins-Restarted
Stats: 140/140/140 Female 5 ' 3 "
BF:
Progress: 29%

Give myself a B....

I did not have any candy..no sugar free candy. Stayed within induction levels of good carbs.

Why only a B? Well.. I didn't have trick or treaters, and did not physically touch any candy.. so who knows how well I would have done if I had to come face to face with the sugar demons!