Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 18:16

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is having an okay day/evening. I am feeling much better, had a rather stressful morning, with missing the school bus, but my ex actually came through and drove the kids to school for me. Had a weepy morning and then around 10:30 I just snapped out of it. So that's good huh?

I ran out of lc regular bread this evening and I ate roast beef, swiss cheese and horseradish on lc cinnamon raisin bread. HOW SICK IS THAT? I was so hungry that it wasn't too bad.

We are a great group huh? Our list is now:
AnniePie
Want2befit - Maureen
soon2bthin - Chyna
Fishie48 - ?
Denise1963 - Denise
Karsuepas - Karen
Iburnikell - Lynda
Alexs0628 - (Alex? )
Fiona McK - Susan

our next weigh in will be Monday! I am doing well losing, in spite of TOM and incredibly aggravating allergy symptoms!!

Well, it's 8:28 and DH's alarm goes off at 5:01, so it's time to go to bed, Wednesday will be here soon! besides, my Nyquil is kicking in...zzzzzz

Have a great day! Keep smiling!

Susan
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 20:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Dear Susan,

Thanks for the laugh. Your dinner did sound a little odd but I suppose at some upity restaurant they would have made a raisin glaze for the meat and cheese and charged $40 for it so you are one step ahead.

That was so kind of you to post everyones name. I was getting confused and had to check back to previous posts. You're so right on how great this group is.

Everyone have a blessed day tomorrow, Maureen
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 05:18

Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:

Hi Girls,

Welcome Alex and Lynda! this is a great group we have! Annie Pie...whatever the majority wants I will go along with as far as posting our weight is concerned.

Yesterday was a good eating day. I find that I must have eaten just the right amount of food because I was not hungry last night as I was watching TV. I had my usual Atkins Shake in the morning with my diet snapple and Morning Start Atkins bar...lunch was a cheese steak omlette with fried onions and sliced tomatoes. Dinner was cheese steak...(no bread) with fried onions and peppers...
If you guys get tired of eggs...try the cheese steak omlette is it awesome!

Have a great day everyone!

Hugs

Karen
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 14:57

Stats: 175/159.6/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Hi Susan, Maureen and Karen:

Where is everybody?? Glad to see that you are smiling Susan.

Karen-Do you have a special recipe for the cheese steak omlette? I would love to add it to my collection. Thanks!

No weight loss today. I rollerbladed last night for 30 minutes and then did my lower body/AB workout consisting of butt lifts and step ups on the fanny firmer, lunges, and then 4 sets of 30 reps of ab crunches and then 2 sets of 10 leg drops. Today, my butt and my abs are pretty sore. At least I know it's working....

Today, I ate 3 chicken leg quarters from the deli at the supermarket, some cheese, almonds and seeds. I also ate a large salad with real bacon bits, shredded cheese, and dressing. Also, 1 Atkins shake.

Tonight my goal is to run/walk for 30 minutes and do my upper body workout.

Take care everyone!
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 18:03

BF:
Default Go Denise - build those muscles!

You go girl! Wow, that's a lot of activity!! Good for you. Today my kids are sleeping over their Daddy's house, so I stopped at the lc store on the way home from work, and stocked up on lc bread, plain and cinnamon raisin (1 carb per slice), and lc wraps (tortillas) and davinci chocolate syrup. I made my ricotta pudding with just a bit of davinci and it was sooooo good. I had a small bowl of chili for supper tonight. I think it was about 20 carbs, but it was gooooood. After eating I went for a long (I think about 3 miles) walk and then came home and my DH/personal trainer helped me with a workout. We have a weight set in our basement, which he has been using faithfully for a few months.

I did exercises for arms, chest, back and then 40 crunches. When I was walking I was listening to classic rock on my "walkman" and I was enjoying it a lot. It was a beautiful evening! Time to grab a quick shower and enjoy some alone time with my hubby!

Hope you have a great day!

Susan
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 18:44

Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:

Dear Friends,

Wow! Denise & Susan, I am so impressed by your dedication to exercise. I think about it all day but don't actually do it. I just need to get motivated to get back on the bike. Today I actually took a nap so I figured on the positive side it kept me from eating.

Does anyone have any experience with the "Walk Away the Pounds" or Body Flex video tapes?

Well, tomorrow I get marked up for my radiation treatments which they said would now start sometime next week. Just wish they would just start them and let them be done. Found out a side effect for the Tamoxifen beside uterine cancer, depression and hot flashes is WEIGHT GAIN. They are recommending me to be on it for 5 years. I would greatly appreciate some encouragement when I go on it (probably Nov. sometime) not to be tempted to my old ways. I am really determined to get in shape and feel good not only for me but my 14 1/2 & 6 1/2 year old.

Susan you actually have a lc store near you. How cool is that. Can you see if they have any stores in southwest CT the next time you're in there. Can't find the tortillas around here. Even tried Trader Joes. You know I got pretty excited at the supermarket today. Found out that Steakums have no carbs. I am going to have to fry some onion & green peppers with them with cheese on top for dinner soon. That was always a Superbowl food for us except we had it on a grinder.

I am so proud of my 6 1/2 son. He has lost 8 lbs so far. It's amazing to us since he has Down Sydrome and their metabolism is much slower. He is really rockin on this lc woe. He started at 106 lbs. and when he got on the scale and it read 100 he said "yes I win". He is just so adorable. My daughter is doing great also. She lost 11 lbs. and writes encouraging notes on a little board for us everyday like "we're on Atkins because we don't want to be Fatkins". How cute is that. OK, I'll stop. I can go on forever talking about my children. They are so special. Would love to hear more personal stories on everyone else but only if you are comfortable with sharing.

Hope everyones day tomorrow is filled with sunshine, Maureen
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-03, 22:55

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hey friends!
Annie here checking in. It's getting busy around here with school starting, and readying the house for th enew floring next week. I don't mean to ignore anyone.

A cheese steak omelette, if I read that right, sounds wonderful.

About La Tortilla's LC wraps: They are at our TJ's. You might have to ask them to get them. I love to do mine in butter on the skillet with cinnamon and splenda. Only had 2 of them so far, but oh they are sooooo good!

I love hearing about the family stories and the children's especially. Maureen, you are a great mom, so supportive of your kid's interests! I applaud you. I worked as a specialized para and my favorite students were are the ones with down's syndrome, because at least these particular students had such an appreciation for life! Never taking the routine for granted, always stopping to laugh and get that sparkle in their eye when adults normally don't see the joy in something.

Denise and Susan: How in the world do you have energy to excercise that extensively when you have jobs as well? I am lookin' up to you gals!

Karen, the recipe sounds awesome! I love new ideas.

Has everyone posted a simple post that says what each has lost in the first week? Even gained, we should be accountable to each other.

Hugs to you all. Our prayers go out to our President and his leadership, our beloved military and their families, and the precious family members and friends who lost their dear ones two years ago. May we never forget that our freedom is not to be taken for granted. Paid for with a very dear price.
My hugs to each and every one of you...will check in, in a couple more days.
Annie
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 04:17

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!

Well it's September 11th again. Can you believe it's been 2 years?? My prayers go out to all who lost friends and family that horrible day, especially to the families of our brave firefighters and police officers who died. I also pray that world leaders will learn how to end terrorism, as this evil is ruining lives everywhere.

Sorry to be so heavy, but nothing has ever affected me so profoundly as that day.

So I'm down a pound this AM! whooo hooooo!!!! I measured myself and I am down 10 1/4 inches since last time I measured (total since I started measuring is 16"). I highly recommend you measure.

Maureen you are a brave lady. I guess you don't have any choice huh? I will be thinking of you when you begin your treatments next week. My local lc carb store is actually a HF store that has good nuts with the lc products... ($$$$$$) They are sooo busy now, as the only game in town. We are finally getting a TRADERS JOE's here. I am so excited!! Actually it's about 30 minutes away in Hadley, Massachusetts, but that's OK. I used to live at TJ's when I lived in Tucson, AZ, and I have been having withdrawal!! mmmm lc tortilla with butter, cinnamon and Splenda... that's downright decadent!

Don't think I'm actually a regular exerciser ladies, I just had some time last night and I thought I would take advantage. My house could use a good cleaning, and I should have been doing that!!

Byeeeee!
Susan

Last edited by Fiona mcK : Thu, Sep-11-03 at 04:29.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 11:04

Stats: 257/234/150 Female 5'3"
BF:

Hi Girls,

Thought I would pop in and see how everyone is doing. You all seem to be doing fine.

The cheesesteak omlette...well I can only guess but I think it is minute steak cooked first...maybe with onions if you like and then scrambled eggs...topped with american cheese. YUM! I had it at the diner but I am pretty sure this is the way they did it.

I changed my stats because when I weighed in on Monday I was down a pound. I could not believe it so I waited until I was sure...3 days later that pound is still gone!

I will check in with you girls later. Hope you are all having a good day.

Hugs

Karen
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 11:20
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 196/196/135 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:39/39/16
Progress: 0%

I would like to join your challenge i never did this before so may need help. I just completed my first week today and lost 5 pounds.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 11:30

BF:

9/11/03

It's a sad day here in America. We just had a candlelight vigil memorial service in the billing dept here at our company. Everyone is crying. It's amazing how we will never forget what happened that day. The memories are incredible.

In memory of all those who perished this morning on 9/11/01; the Passengers, flight attendants and the pilots on the United Air and AA flights, the workers in the World Trade Centre and the Pentagon, and all the innocent bystanders.
> >
> > Our prayers go out to the friends and families of the deceased...
> >
> > IF I KNEW.....
> >
> > If I knew it would be the last time
> > That I'd see you fall asleep
> > I would tuck you in more tightly
> > and pray the Lord, your soul to keep.
> >
> > that I see you walk out the door,
> > I would give you a hug and kiss
> > and call you back for one more.
> >
> > I'd hear your voice lifted up in praise,
> > I would video tape each action and word
> > so I could play them back day after day.
> >
> > I could spare an extra minute,
> > to stop and say "I LOVE YOU"
> > instead of assuming you would know I do.
> >
> > I would be there to share your day,
> > Well I'm sure you'll have so many more,
> > so I can let just this one slip away.
> >
> > For surely there's always tomorrow
> > to make up for an overnight,
> > and we always get a second chance
> > to make everything just right.
> >
> > There will always be another day
> > to say "I love you",
> > And certainly there's another chance
> > to say our "anything I can do?"
> >
> > But just incase I might be wrong
> > and today is all I get,
> > I'd like to say how much I love you
> > and I hope we never forget.
> >
> > Tomorrow is not promised to anyone,
> > young or old alike,
> > And today may be the last chance
> > you get to hold your loved one tight.
> >
> > So if you're waiting for tomorrow,
> > why not do it today?
> > For if tomorrow never comes,
> > you'll surely regret the day.
> > That you didn't take extra time
> > for a smile, a hug, or a kiss
> > and you were too busy to grant someone,
> > what turned out to be their one last wish.
> >
> > So hold your loved ones close today
> > and whisper in their ear,
> > Tell them how much you love them
> > and that you'll always hold them dear.
> >
> > Take time to say "I'm sorry,"
> > "Please forgive me," "Thank You," or "It's OK"
> > And if tomorrow never comes,
> > you'll have no regrets about today.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 11:35
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 196/196/135 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:39/39/16
Progress: 0%

my prayers are with all of you
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 12:03

BF:

9/11/03

Hi Everyone,

I will try to get on to brighter things and focusing on the future:

Last night, I ran/walked for 30 minutes followed by my upper body workout. My butt and legs are in such pain from my lower body workout two days ago. Ahhh, the initial pain of a workout that you know is working! Now tonight, I plan on shooting some frisbee and playing volleyball to work some different muscles and to take a break from my normal workouts. I have to do lower body workout tonight too so we'll see how sore I am.

Today, I am eating my bacon cheeseburger quiche again along with a large salad. Breakfast was cheese, seeds, and an atkins shake.

No more weight loss to report today.

Susan: That pudding sounds awesome! Sounds like your workout moved your scale down a pound! Congratulations! Actually, cleaning can be a very good workout depending on what you are doing. For example on Friday nights, my workout is cleaning the tile throughout the house. I first have to use the central vac and then mop it. It's a real back breaker and you certainly end up in a sweat! I have a low carb store near me too called "D Lites". Everything in there is Atkins products and Sugar Free. They have low carb ice cream to die for, but I have to stay away from it as I don't trust the number of carbs that they state is in it.

Maureen: You are a very strong person as Annie said "I applaud you" too. You have a lot on your plate and if you can do all that you are doing now, I know that you will have that much strength in losing weight.

Sorry, I do not have any experience in using the walk away pounds or the body flex videos.

Your pride for your children certainly shines through. They are doing so well, it's really great that you all are shaing this WOE and it can bring you all so much closer. Pls tell them both that I am proud of their weight loss!

I've never had steakums, so I will be sure to try them.

I will keep you in my prayers next week when you go in for treatment. Maybe you could ask your doctor for an alternative drug that would not cause weight gain? I am so sorry that you have to go through something like this. This is why it only makes you stronger. Hang in there...

Annie: I am going to have to try the LC tortilla cinnamon toast special. That sounds so extremely yummy! The reason I have so much energy to exercise is that my job requires me to sit on my butt for 8 hours a day! I figure if I don't force myself off my butt for at least 45 minutes everyday, it's going to eventually turn to mush...

Karen: Congrats on losing another pound! Thanks for sharing the cheesesteak omelette recipe.

As far as personal stories go: My fiance(Gary) and I just recently bought a house and moved in together. We really love it and we are enjoying every minute of it. We are getting married on Feb. 14, 2004 and our honeymoon is going to be in a secluded cabin near Pikes Peak, Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is another reason I am so determined to lose the weight. Can you imagine all of those photos and video? What is interesting is that Gary made a point today to tell me that I am working out too hard and that I look "just fine" and that I don't need to lose anymore weight. I surely don't know what that's all about! I think he's worried that I'm going to lose my big boobs!! AND it's very possible since that's where the fat comes off first, right? LOL! Anyway, he is really worried about something and I don't know what it is. My daughter Amber is 16, a junior in HighSchool. She just got a job at the Char Hut (fast food) and I don't see her much cause after school she goes to work. She has a boyfriend, so family is not high on her list now. She can't wait to move out already. It's hard cause I feel that I've already lost her if you know what I mean. She's not very interested in her new family and it seems she takes everything for granted. Her biological father left us when she was 10 months old and we've never seen him since. (He was an alcoholic and used to beat me) I raised her alone since she was a baby and only now did I find someone that I truly love and want to spend the rest of my life with. It's been a tough and winding road, but everything seems to finally coming together. Gary and I are very happy and Amber is always welcome to join us in our happiness. She chooses what she chooses.

Anyhow, I know we are all probably carrying heavy hearts today. Take Care and God Bless America!
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 12:05

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good morning, friends...I guess I can't say ladies because we just might have others here too!

I cannot express what this forum means to me. Are you feeling stronger because of the support from all the threads? And this challenge, this wonderful group of people: you are incredible. It means more to me than any ol' weekly weigh-in and motivational talk by a paid speaker!

Welcome, Skyedon! you are SO VERY WELCOME AND INCLUDED in our awesome group. We may get a little nutty, but we sure do have fun. Right friends?

If you are still on induction, hang with it. We've been in your shoes.

Denise that is so special what you shared. I believe the world today in general stands still and remembers the pain. But as I listened to spirit1053.com today (radio station with live internet broadcast), they focused instead on the hope we carry in our hearts. They asked how have we used these past 2 years to see healing? They said we can either focus on the pain and tragedy or focus on the beauty God wants to bring into our lives. That was so touching, and it was touching to see how Americans especially remember the importance of today, the sacrifice of over 3,000 innocent lives. One caller noted how before Sept 11, little family feuds and bickering were daily occurences, or rather big occurences. When Sept 11 hit, all those things we thought were big were suddenly so insignificant. I pray we will always treasure our family members, our friends, and always appreciate the sacrifice so many have made on our own behalf. Denise that is just incredible your company would have a service like that. Grief is so healing, even when it hurts. Hooray for the people at your job who grouped together!

Maureen I have been in your shoes with my dad. I will keep you in my prayers.

Sorry for rambling you guys.
Thanks for the ideas on the steak omlettes! Can't wait to try it with yummy cheese!
Hugs, Annie
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 12:10

BF:

They said we can either focus on the pain and tragedy or focus on the beauty God wants to bring into our lives.

Hi Annie,

We must of been writing at the same time. Yes, that is why I try to be a better person everyday. What you said is so true and inspirational. Thanks for sharing everything you just wrote!