Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Sep-16-11, 11:47

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Thanks jillybean! I never did really look inot how all that worked. I did do an online due date calculator and it said May 23rd is my due date.
I'm leary of fruit myself. I know it triggers serious carb cravings.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-11, 05:42

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

[QUOTE=jillybean7]I've cut back a bit on the fruit in the past couple days and ate the last peach in my kitchen last night. I'm down another 2 pounds! 176 this morning. I even had to get off the scale, let it turn off, turn it back on, and try again to make sure it wasn't a fluke :P

Would you mind giving me a sample menu of what you eat every day?? Not that I want to lose weight, but it seems that everything I eat "shows" up on the scale. I'm eating VERY clean and LC and haven't really eaten fruit at all. Still, it seems that I'm always fighting the scale. I'd love to find a perfect balance and be able to relax, food-wise, for the rest of my pregnancy.
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-11, 08:36

BF:

I always have 3 fried eggs for breakfast. I don't feel sick till a few minutes after I eat.
Lunch I'm not too big on but ate yesterday. Flank steak with spinach and mozzerella cheese. It was leftovers.
Dinner was hot wings and ranch.
I tend to not snack since I feel sick after I eat anything.
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-11, 08:38

BF:

I keep thinking of adding some veggies to the eggs but it just seems to work for me.
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-11, 11:19

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

i'm a lot the same, 3 eggs for breakfast, leftover meat for lunch in a salad, dinner is usually some kind of meat and lc veggies. i have been using 1 ounce of almonds or dehydrated seed/veg crackers as a snack when i feel my energy lagging. the pregnancy fatigue seems to have left me, but for a while i had to eat every two hours or i ended up crashed right out. my scale is always all over the place though. once day it'll be up a couple of lbs and the next it'll be down a couple. dr eades says for women to take an average for the week to get a more accurate count. i think the fluctuations are pretty normal. i'm not really too invested in what my weight does right now, honestly, as long as i stay on plan, i know i'm not going to be able to gain gobs and gobs of unnecessary fat stores.
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-11, 13:12

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

A typical day for me:
  • 8-12 cubes of Swiss cheese (I eat breakfast in the car on my way to work, so this is nice and portable!)
  • maybe 3/4 cup full-fat plain Fage with 1 tablespoon of this organic "superfruit" spread stuff mixed in (7g sugar per tablespoon for the spread)
  • lunch varies...we eat out for dinner a lot, so lunch is usually some leftovers from the previous night's dinner, like a pork chip with brown butter sauce, some grilled chicken, half of a bunless cheeseburger...
  • dinner...again, we eat out a lot, so I always just choose a protein with no breading or batter and then a non-starchy side (green beans, broccoli, side salad, etc.). If I really go crazy, I might have some chili with cheese and sour cream or some crabcakes with an indeterminable amount of "filler" or some french onion soup (ordered with no bread/croutons, and then I leave most of the actual onions at the bottom of the bowl and just eat the cheese and the broth!).
  • I drink either light organic cranberry juice or organic whole milk to take my pills in the evening and at bedtime. Otherwise, I just drink water (with lemon at restaurants).
Down to 175 on my scale this morning, but I fell asleep on the couch and completely missed dinner yesterday :P
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-11, 16:57

BF:

It doesn't sound like I'm eating any different than y'all. My biggest staple is Fage greek yogurt cause I'm having a hard time eating meat. So today I had....

Breakfast....coffee with heavy cream, 1 cup 0 fat greek yogurt, 2-3tbsp heavy cream, with 2 heaping tbsp chopped pecans, walnuts, unsweetened coconut and sunflower seeds.

Snack.......roast beef, cheese and cream cheese roll-up

Lunch.....BLT Cobb salad from Wendy's with LC avocado dressing

Snack.......1 ounce cheddar cheese

Dinner......same as breakfast, with added raw spinach

Boy, when I write it all down, it seems like I've eaten a lot. LOL Oh well, it was good!!!! LOL
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-11, 17:02

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnut
i'm a lot the same, 3 eggs for breakfast, leftover meat for lunch in a salad, dinner is usually some kind of meat and lc veggies. i have been using 1 ounce of almonds or dehydrated seed/veg crackers as a snack when i feel my energy lagging. the pregnancy fatigue seems to have left me, but for a while i had to eat every two hours or i ended up crashed right out. my scale is always all over the place though. once day it'll be up a couple of lbs and the next it'll be down a couple. dr eades says for women to take an average for the week to get a more accurate count. i think the fluctuations are pretty normal. i'm not really too invested in what my weight does right now, honestly, as long as i stay on plan, i know i'm not going to be able to gain gobs and gobs of unnecessary fat stores.

Thanks for that info. My scale is all over the place. I get worried when it suddenly drops that I'm not eating enough, etc. So, that makes me feel better.
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Sep-17-11, 17:51

BF:

OOOHHH how is the BLT cobb salad from Wendy's?
I remember my last 2 pregnancies I ate a lot of avacado and asparagus. I seem to be wanting tomato so far this time.
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-11, 04:42

BF:

Kaylakala, my husband introduced me to Wendy's cobb salad when I was 6 weeks pregnant. Biiiiiiiiggggg mistake. LOLOL I have been craving it ever since. It has 12 total carbs with 3 grams fiber, 46 grams fat and 47 grams protein. The avocado dressing has 1 carb with 10 grams fat. It is soooooo stinking good that I crave it all the time. LOL Of course, I could eat the avocado dressing by itself, it's so good.

Funny thing is, I can't stand avocado's. Hate anything made with it. But, this pregnancy, I'm eating every avocado I can get my hands on. Haha
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-11, 04:47

BF:

BTW, I meant to ask and forgot. Haha Been forgetting everything lately. I took my 2 oldest to the movies yesterday, got outta the truck and forgot to turn it off. Seriously, who does that???

Anyway, to get back on topic, (LOL) where are you gals finding full fat greek yogurt?? I've looked at Kroger's, Wal-mart, and Meijer, which is what I have near me, and all I can find is 0% fat. TIA
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-11, 07:05

BF:

HHHMM sounds just like what the Doctor ordered!!
I've looked for the greek yogut for my daughter and all I could find that was lc was dannon for diabetics. It had aspartame in it I think. It was low fat too I'm sure.
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-11, 07:24

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksgirl
Anyway, to get back on topic, (LOL) where are you gals finding full fat greek yogurt?? I've looked at Kroger's, Wal-mart, and Meijer, which is what I have near me, and all I can find is 0% fat. TIA

I'm not sure where you're located (we don't have Meijer here, so I know you're not in my area!), but I've only been able to find full-fat Fage at Wegmans and I think sometimes at Whole Foods. Someone else has said they find it at Trader Joe's, but they didn't have full-fat when I checked mine locally, so that may depend on location. Someone sle in my local area said they've found full-fat Olympus brand plain Greek yogurt at their local Giant, but I went to my Giant here yesterday and only saw low-fat flavored varieties. It's pretty hit or miss, apparently!
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-11, 11:00

Plan: C:12 P:60 F:satiety
Stats: 220/177.6/142 Female 5'5
BF:0/0/0
Progress: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksgirl
BTW, I meant to ask and forgot. Haha Been forgetting everything lately. I took my 2 oldest to the movies yesterday, got outta the truck and forgot to turn it off. Seriously, who does that???

do they have a website? email and ask them where to find it. my son is on a really restricted diet and i end up emailing manufacturers all the time to find out where to buy stuff.

ps, i've been forgetful lately too. progesterone brain, gotta love it. i've been busy planning out extracurriculars for my son and keep double booking, like, everything. and i keep agreeing to do stuff on days when i'm already booked. and then i have to go back and fix everything later. i'm totally scatterbrained. usually i'm the one who keeps the family organized, but i've had to talk things thru with my husband (who is usually the disorganized one) to figure out what i've messed up and how to fix it. he's loving it, lol

i was just given an avocado salad dressing recipe, that sounds really good. and i made an avocado pudding that i'm going to have to make again really really soon. seems like it's avocado season they were on sale for 2/89c at my vegetable grocery. also, have you tried avocado oil? i started buying it instead of olive oil. it's amazing.
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-11, 13:36

BF:

My avacados are usually just garlic salt onion powder and lemon or lime juice all mashed up.