Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 18:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

I have only bought one walden farms product and that was the chocolate syrup. Mind you, I am a chocoholic and I was a huge skeptic. However, I put some with heavy cream, whipped it up and it was awesome! It also has a thick pudding like consisticy. i bought it on a fluke and I am glad I did.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-03, 10:31
Registered Member

Stats: 160/145/135
BF:
Progress: 60%
Default oriental dressing

Bought the oriental dressing and it has that same artificial flavor that you find in a lot of fat-free/ low-calorie dressings. It's not good at all. You should definitely make your own with a few ingredients at home. Maybe I can use it as a marinade.
  #48   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 13:37

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 360/335/210
BF:
Progress: 17%
Thumbs up walden farms chocolate syrup, saucss

i am new here and don't see a lot about walden farms. their chocolate syrup is unreal for 0 calories and carbs, its thick like real hersheys, their pancake syrup is good too, as well as most of their dressings; plus their marinara sauce has no calories. isn't this all too good to be true, can these things really be made with no calories or carbs?
  #49   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 13:52

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

No Carbs (No to trace carbs ) = doable
No Calories = not doable

I've seen the walden farms salad dressing, my husband loves the thousand island. Hopefully my store will start carrying the others!
  #50   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 19:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

MFamily, there's a lot of posts here about Walden Farms products, I think you might want to investigate the SEARCH feature, the little Globe on the upper right. It will be a great help to you as you navigate this enormous forum board...

Welcome!
  #51   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 17:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 279/175.9/176 Male 180cm
BF:39.6%/22%/18%
Progress: 100%
Default Walden Farms Ketchup

Hi,
According to the label on the Walden Farms Ketchup it has 0 Carbs per serving. Is that true? Do we need to count any carbs if we have one, two or three servings?
Thanks
Simon.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 12:04
Registered Member

Stats: 306/275/155 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 21%

Mmm-chocolate syrup.

1.5 oz Vodka
1 oz Creme de cacao (light)

Combine with ice in a shaker and then strain into martini glass that has the rim coated in Walden Farm's chocolate syrup.

Chocolate Martini-about 2-3 carbs but it's the only cocktail you'll need considering how low carbers metabolize alcohol.
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-03, 07:59

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 135/123.0/120 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Are All Walden Farms Dressings Too Sweet?

I just finally noticed the WF no carb dressings at the supermarket yesterday. So I got a bottle of the blue cheese. It's kind of sweet. At the store, they had Bacon Ranch, Ranch, and Balsamic Vinaigrette. Will it be worth my while to get one of these or will I find them just as "sweet"? Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, IslandGirl, just did a search for Walden Farms and found all sorts of info.

Last edited by paradise : Sat, Jun-07-03 at 08:32.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 22:59
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default OK, I'm STEAMING mad here...

I was looking at ordering some stuff online and was looking over ingredients and product info, can anyone tell me What the Heck is wrong with this picture?

Walden Farms Cocktail Sauce

Nutrition Facts
Serv. Size 1 Tbsp
Servings Per Container app. 24
Amount Per Serving 2 Tbsp
Calories 0 Fat Cal. 0
% Daily Value (DV)*
Total Fat 0g 0%

Sodium 290 mg 0%

Total Carb 0g 1%

Sugars 0g
Fiber 0g
Protein 0g
Not a significant source of Vitamin A, Iron, or Vitamin C
*Percent DVs are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Ingredients
triple filtered purified water, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, white distilled vinegar, cellulose gel, salt, maltodextrose, food starch modified, onion powder, garlic powder, pasteurized egg yolk, xanthan gum, propylene glycol alginate, natural flavorings, horseradish, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, red cabbage colorings, sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness), sucralose.

EXCUSE ME... NO calories? just how did they remove the calories from the tomato paste, or the egg yolks or any of the other ingredients that I KNOW have to have calories???

Same for Carbs??? HELLO?

Maybe I am missing something, or maybe this packaging is just LIES!

*throws my hands up in defeat*
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 00:27
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

In the USA, manufacturers can declare 0 carbs in a food that is less than 1 gram of carbohydrate per serving.

My best guess about 0 calories is that the cocktail sauce is primarly carbohydrate so if it is 0 carbs, then it is 0 calories.

Yeah I know. Stupid!

Karen
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 02:38
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Hello

Boy when I saw this at a low carb store my thought was the same thing!!!

I picked up the bottle and this is very thin looks like colored water kinda...maybe it has mostly water and only a little of the other ingredents

It did not look appealing to me and I love coctail sauce...too artificailly colored and all

I make my own coctail sauce with 2 T Keto ketchup...which is sweet and I love and add a little horseradiash to taste...good to dip my shrimp in and tastes really good to me
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 16:03
ArtificiallyFlavored

Stats: 260/252/200 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Thanks, I may try that sometime...

I haven't bought any of the Keto Ketchup yet, but have been thinking about it. The only problem is that when I see Ketchup, I think "French Fries" LOL.... oh well.

Until then I guess I will just do some garlic and melted butter for my shrimp.
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 16:34
Registered Member

Plan: No particular plan
Stats: 85/90/93
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Walden Farms

I too was annoyed by the labeling (which now says, at the bottom, "contains trace calories," by the way). So I e-mailed the Walden Farms people about a half year ago. I was informed that their calorie free salad dressings/ketchup/etc. all have approximately 2 calories per serving, 16-20 calories per bottle. So it'd be half a carb, if you were counting it. I hate cocktail sauce myself, so I didn't like this, but I love their ketchup--I could devour a whole bottle if I wasn't being careful--and their thousand island dressing is nummy. The others have waaaaay too much sweetener and vinegar, however, and the cheesy/ranch ones make me want to vomit.

I hate that anything that is under 4 cals can be labeled calorie free. I'd like to know the exact numbers. Hmph. I also hate when they round things off to 10 calories--it's always rounded off to the lower number!
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 17:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Sorry, IslandGirl, just did a search for Walden Farms and found all sorts of info.

No problemo, Paradise. I appreciate you looking.

I've just finished merging a whack of Walden Farms products posts -- heck they should have their own FAQ what with their zero-calorie hogwash -- into one big one... and this is it.

Hope this helps a few more folks.

Last edited by IslandGirl : Fri, Jun-13-03 at 17:25.
  #60   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 19:59
Registered Member

Plan: Montignac???
Stats: 000/000/000
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Walden Farms???

Someone mentioned that "Walden Farms" used to be highly respected. Are you sure you don't mean Walnut Acres, which WAS a wonderful, organic farm that grew and made beautiful products and was very socially conscious? They, too, unfortunately, have now been taken over by some nasty mega-conglomerate, so that's the end of that, but I'm wondering if you are mistaking one for the other?