Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-10, 10:34
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
welcome home, Teri. You are such an inspiration. I have been on 2 cruises since LC and didn't lose on either one! I maintain on vacation- it is quite an accomplishment to lose. (Before LC I gained on vacation.)

Wendy- you are doing fine. Did you find the cheat sheet thread and get a chance to read old posts?
Why only ff h&h?

Audrey- I love the story about the breakfast. I go out once in a while with DH- to a place with great bread and amazing grits and homefries. I ask for the grits on the side- and give them to DH. ANd I have gotten eggs benedict (actually done with smoked salmon instead of eggs with crab- what is that called?- again on the plate. I even get the Costco hotdog with no bun on a plate- all I have to do is ask.

Tracy- you have grandchildren!!!!

Went out last night for italian- had water, 1 garlic knot, salad, chicken breast, brocolini. DH ordered gelato- I am so glad that I had not one bite. IT was over the hour, and I was very happy with my meal. I also took home a piece of the chicken- had it for lunch today.

tonight I'm on my own, and will probably have a chicken sandwich or a roast beef sandwich with sprouts, salad, and cantalope.

Freezer update- I am sooo glad I had room in the freezer: my local market had boneless chicken breast for $1.66/pound- can you say "score!"! I got 10 packages. Now I am looking to restock my frozen veggies supply. Have enough cans of green beans!

Have a great day-
E
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-10, 11:24

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Audrey, great work on ordering the omelet when you went out for breakfast! It is all those little decisions that add up to days, weeks and months on program.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-10, 15:18

Plan: Carb Addicts Diet (CAD)
Stats: 327/318/220 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Enomarb,
I have to eat FF milk, creams, and cheeses due to having had the gastric bypass. If I eat regular dairy I get very sick to my stomach. So I avoid that at all cost.

I have scoured the entire site and recall seeing a cheat sheet thread. I will go look for it again.

There is some confusion cause some places I read one thing and others I read something slightly different. I actually found artificial sweetner in a recipe in CAD after hearing how we are supposed to avoid them. I guess I will just use it when absolutely necessary.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-10, 17:29

BF:

Eno, the picture on my profile is from about 2003, when I lost weight on CAD before..I look MUCH older now!

Good day today. Came home from work to find my stepson has started the painting job upstairs that we agreed on. I was getting worried he might be as much of a procrastinator as his dad and I are...which is why we are hiring him to do it in the first place.
Food today:
CM: 2 hard boiled eggs, smidge of mayo
CM: baby spinach, about 2-3 oz chicken breast, oil and vinegar dressing
RM: 2 cups broccoli with chicken cut up, a bit of olive oil, basil and garlic (mmm), Source yogurt, slice of whole grain bread with butter and honey, and some candies.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 20:16
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 287.4/287.4/199 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
hi-

Audrey- I love the story about the breakfast. I go out once in a while with DH- to a place with great bread and amazing grits and homefries. I ask for the grits on the side- and give them to DH. ANd I have gotten eggs benedict (actually done with smoked salmon instead of eggs with crab- what is that called?- again on the plate. I even get the Costco hotdog with no bun on a plate- all I have to do is ask.

E

Thanks! I've been lucky, as most restaurants do accomodate low carbers around here. However, I'm usually not strong enough to resist the breads. That's how I got this heavy in the first place. It blew me away that I did this- made my day that I actually showed some will power instead of trying to justify eating it or telling myself that this would be my "reward meal" and then later on, having another RM. Bread is my weakness, out of all the carbs!

Sounds like you have this CM business down pat- good for you! You and Teri are my inspirations, and I read everyone's posts on here religiously daily! You're all that is keeping me going on this, especially the last couple of weeks. Thanks for being here everyone.

I know I was successful in the past on this diet, but my life was so much less hectic than it is now. I'm still doing it, though, but I do have a challenge coming up this weekend. I work as a Personal Care Provider and Companion (started this job up two weeks ago, right in the middle of all that went on between getting my daughter's car for college, my poor son and his medical condition, and our beloved dog passing away!), and I have to stay with my client for over 54 hours straight. I'm hoping to be able to bring food over to her house, but I'm afraid I might offend her if I don't eat her food that weekend. Her and her husband were upset that I didn't eat lunch at their house on the Thursdays that I work for them when I am not doing the respite weekend. I told them what diet I was on and that I appreciated their offer to feed me, but that this diet is working for me and that I have to stick to the plan. They actually seemed offended that I didn't want to eat their food. Worse comes to worse, I blow it for two days and just eat low calorie, and hop back on on Monday morning. I will plan for it, though, and hope she doesn't get upset with my low carb CM during the day. Keeping my fingers crossed that this works out ok over the weekend.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 20:18
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel
Audrey, great work on ordering the omelet when you went out for breakfast! It is all those little decisions that add up to days, weeks and months on program.

Thanks, Vel, and a BIG congratulations on your progress! Way to go!!!!!! You must be so proud of yourself! Another inspiration in the making.
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 20:22
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppinn
I just returned from my 10 day cruise to Alaska and had a wonderful time. I switched my RM from the noon hour for the entire 10 days since I wanted to eat in the dining room each evening. By doing that, I exceeded my one hour time limit every single time since it took about an hour and a half to dine each night. The good news is that I stayed on plan the entire time and came home 4 pounds lighter than when I left!

I will be checking in again when I have more time.

Welcome Back, Teri! We missed you and your wonderful posts! I'm so happy that you had a great time- you deserved it! What a wonderful way to end the vacation by coming home and finding out that you lost more weight! What an inspiration you are, and thank you for sharing your journey with us.

This diet is wonderful, and it helps having such a great support system on here to keep us going through the happy and rough times in our lives.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 20:41
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpmd56
Greetings all. It is SO nice to find you! I am here looking for support, and to try and support others. Does anyone know whatever happened to the Hellers? I am sorry that they have disappeared, as I love this diet. I don't ever want to go back to the old ways of obsessing about food and feeling tired all the time. Anyway, I have been stalled for awhile, only losing about a pound a month (definitely better than gaining, though!) and am looking for inspiration to follow this diet more strictly again. I have also started exercising, and I bought vitamins/supplements today that are recommended by Atkiins. I think I am cheating just enough to stall my weight loss. (occassional chips, bites of bread, etc......not at the reward meal).
Hey Vel, I thought I was the only one who ate cereal as dessert for a reward meal!!!!! My favorite is sugar pops! My husband always laughs at me, but he is proud of my weight loss (he also fights the battle of the bulge) and says, "Hey, who can argue with your success? So eat sugar pops for dessert!" I look forward to getting to know all of you better. Marcy

Marcy-

I am ssssssooo sorry that I didn't respond to this sooner- I was just about to the other day when I realized that I had to get ready for work, lol. Welcome aboard! You will love everyone here- they are so helpful, encouraging, and supportive. Please continue to post here as much as you can- we all enjoy reading everyone's posts on here, and with all that you've lost on CAD just proves how successful this diet is for carb addicts! I lost 50 pounds years ago on it, and I wish I had been able to continue following it back then, but with small kids and crazy work hours, it just wasn't doable for me. Sadly, I gained over 100 pounds since then, so I am hoping with will power and luck, to get back down again.

Back when I lost the 50 pounds, I had a month where I didn't lose a thing, nor did I gain. First week, I gained three pounds (must have been monthly water weight I think?), then I lost one pound for the next three weeks, averaging to no loss that month. Well, if you can believe, not only did I go down a size in that month, but that was the month that everyone kept asking me if I had lost a lot of weight. Go figure, the one month I lost nothing, and everyone notices the other 40 pounds I lost then. So, even if you are not losing on the scale, you could be tightening up or building muscle in other areas. Take the one pound loss per month as a victory, I say.

My advice, though, about your stall- Definitely go back to the low carb veggies and meats/protein during the CM's. I know it can be tough sometimes, but you've come this far and I'm sure you don't want to lose control over your weight again because of those beastly carbs being eaten outside the RM. Lunch was my worst time to get used to not eating bread/chips when I first started this diet. I have always eaten bread for lunch ever since I can remember. If I had stew for lunch, I had bread on the side. If I had soup, I had a sleeve of crackers with it. So, that is my absolute worst meal to give up carbs, but I was determined to stick to it, and now it doesn't faze me anymore not to eat them at lunch. If I REALLY want bread that badly during the day, then I tell myself that I can have it that night for dinner. And I have had a sub or stew and garlic bread for supper a couple of nights. I don't have the deprived feeling that I did on Atkins, and not having to count calories or grams of food makes me a happy dieter here. When I was calorie counting, I felt deprived as well, as I never felt full no matter how much protein or fiber that I ate. This diet keeps me satisfied and happy, and I'm sticking to this probably for life.

Oh, and I, too, have cereal every so often with my RM. One of these nights I may have a bowl of oatmeal, if I can remember to cook it with my meal.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 03:59

BF:

Weight today- 301, weekly average 306, down from 313.5 last week.
Getting close to being out of the threes, that will be really nice!
I do feel good, but I know this speed of weight loss is not normal for me, I usually average 1.5 - 2 lbs per week, so I am keeping that in mind for when things slow down again.
When I was on CAD before I stuck to it for 2 solid years, through every holiday, birthday and special occasion, and in spite of a lot of difficult situations. And yet, even with all that time ...when I let myself eat carbs outside my reward meal...it was the beginning of the end. I lost my footing, and I am just now starting to feel hopeful that I am getting it back... 6 years later! Now I am guarding my way of eating like the precious thing it is. I know that the ONLY way this will work for me is if I stick to it rigorously, each and every day. Anything less and I put myself in danger of losing it again. I really love the way I feel on CAD. I can have a nice meal with a treat or two once a day, I don't have to count anything and I can still lose weight. It really is something I can do for life this time.
Speaking of food:
CM: 2 hard boiled eggs with a bit of mayo
CM: baby spinach with dressing, 2-3 oz of hard cheese
RM: 1 large hamburger pattie, green beans, kernel corn, about 1/3 cup potato, chocolate ice cream (not just chocolate, fudgesicle flury, the chocolatiest! LOL)
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 06:29
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vel
Weight today- 301, weekly average 306, down from 313.5 last week.
Getting close to being out of the threes, that will be really nice!
I do feel good, but I know this speed of weight loss is not normal for me, I usually average 1.5 - 2 lbs per week, so I am keeping that in mind for when things slow down again.
When I was on CAD before I stuck to it for 2 solid years, through every holiday, birthday and special occasion, and in spite of a lot of difficult situations. And yet, even with all that time ...when I let myself eat carbs outside my reward meal...it was the beginning of the end. I lost my footing, and I am just now starting to feel hopeful that I am getting it back... 6 years later! Now I am guarding my way of eating like the precious thing it is. I know that the ONLY way this will work for me is if I stick to it rigorously, each and every day. Anything less and I put myself in danger of losing it again. I really love the way I feel on CAD. I can have a nice meal with a treat or two once a day, I don't have to count anything and I can still lose weight. It really is something I can do for life this time.
Speaking of food:
CM: 2 hard boiled eggs with a bit of mayo
CM: baby spinach with dressing, 2-3 oz of hard cheese
RM: 1 large hamburger pattie, green beans, kernel corn, about 1/3 cup potato, chocolate ice cream (not just chocolate, fudgesicle flury, the chocolatiest! LOL)

Wow- great job, Vel! Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason to the losses. You'll get whooshes when you least expect them, and then they'll be weeks when you think you should be losing and don't. That's why I was glad that the Heller's had addressed that and said not to worry about the scale jumping around all over the place, and that eventually it will go down in your favor. So many things could be responsible- hormones, fluid loss, muscles retaining water releasing it, that TOM, etc. Hopefully for you, this loss sticks! I hope you make it into "Twunder Land" soon!
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-10, 03:40

BF:

300.5 this morning.
Yesterday I ate:
CM: 2 hard boiled eggs with a smidge of mayo
CM: 1 hamburger patty, about 1 cup green beans
RM: Large dinner salad with chicken, bacon, egg, and tons of veggies, handful of chocolate caramels (about 7).

I should mention that pretty much every day I have a cup of coffee with milk and sweetner in the morning, a large mug of green tea at lunch, and a diet pop in the evening. Other than than, I drink water.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-10, 07:51

Plan: Ketogenic Diet Dr Westman
Stats: 267/243.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Is daily fiber to be considered a meal for a carb addict?

Good morning everyone. I was lurking around and reading some of the old CAD posts when I came across a post about fiber. I have to take psyllium husk powder every morning for my IBS.

In the post someone was talking about how our carb addict bodies consider the fiber to be a meal and that it should only be taken with a meal. Does anyone know if this is this true?

Thanks!
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-10, 15:03
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
Tracy- you are doing great. It is really helpful for me to read about what happened to you when you went off. It is tempting to have carbs outside of RM- why did they have to open all those frozen yogurt stores!- so I need to hear and heed your words. It would be easy to start to slip down that slope.....

Steels- so glad you are here and posting so much!

Dar- this is a tough call., I don't think taking fiber should be a problem, but it is a YMMV issue. It would probably be better to take it with your RM. If it is sweetened or flavored that would be a problem, and it would be better to have it plain. If our bodies react to taste as well as actual carbs, unflavored would be better. The actual carbs in fiber are almost nothing.
this is my opinion- see what others think.

WENDY- WHERE ARE YOU????? are you okay- miss hearing from you!

Had a nice day today- all week have had cottage cheese for CM lunch. That freeser clean out has cleaned me out too!

Last night I had chili, salad, cucumbers, kale and guacamole on a tortilla for dinner.

tonight's RM (ready for the oven):salad, brussel sprouts, chicken breast, guacamole, and either bread or cereal.

Hope everyone is doing well-
E

Last edited by Enomarb : Thu, Sep-16-10 at 15:33. Reason: spelling
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-10, 17:39

Plan: Carb Addicts Diet (CAD)
Stats: 327/318/220 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Im still here!

I am still here and doing good I think. Week 1 almost over.

Question for all of you? Do you ever feel like everything you do on your diet must be wrong. I keep feeling like I must be screwing this up somehow but cant pin down what Im supposedly doing wrong if that makes any sense. I keep thinking I must be screwing this diet up somehow. Probably just mental stuff Im working through. But the scale seems to indicate Im doing something right YEAH! I will post my week 1 weight loss tomorrow on my official weigh in day.

I did have one small oops. I had a total brain lapse and grabbed the mints in my car. After popping the third or fourth one waiting for my kid at school this afternoon, it dawned on me that these were NOT on my diet and it was NOT my meal time. Just a total habit and they were sitting in my console. Needless to say I threw the rest out.

C: 2 boiled eggs, coffee with cream
C: deli turkey slices, 2 cheese sticks, diet soda
R: soft taco, 1/2 quesidilla, Salad, whipped cream with sf caramal, water

So far this is working and I dont feel too deprived. I mainly have to fight my snacking impulse... which is habit not hunger driven.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-10, 19:46

Plan: cad,calp
Stats: 244.5/244.5/150 Female 5'4 inches
BF:

you guys are doing so great way to go
Closed Thread