Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 07:59

Plan: LC - 50C or less
Stats: 455/246/200 Female 5ft 9in
BF:
Progress: 82%

ARRRGGG! I just added up yesterdays food carb count and I went WAY over lmao. More yesterday than I do regularly. I bought some low carb ice cream sandwiches though and my DH kept grabbing them and bringing me one too. I knew I shouldnt but they are so small and I figured might as well at least get them out of the house :P Ill try again today I guess. I already have dinner planned out (basicly cooked) ~ roast and veggies. So it will be pretty low carb.

I cant do induction! Who am I kidding.

"YES YOU CAN"

Ok yes I can (not really though...I already ate a low carb tortilla wrap....forgot I cant have that on a "clean" induction ~ WHOOPS!)
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 08:08
library diva

Plan: atkins
Stats: 242/156.5/130 Female 5'4"
BF:way/too/high
Progress: 76%

Sorry gals- I've been super busy.

MIL is doing much better - she got out of the hospital yesterday- she seems better than she has in months. So that makes me really happy.

Grad Student Association meeting went well-it poured rain so we only had 5 people show up. But it was fun.

High- I have a positive feeling about my weigh in this Sunday- think I'm going to be down some. (Please please please)... Trying to keep thinking positively. Also, I should be getting my 2 workout DVDs today. I ordered a Tae Bo one and a Latin dance workout one. So I should be able to start those tomorrow morning! I am pumped about doing them- need very much to reduce my giant gelatanous thighs!

Low-no specific low today yet. And I'm not going to try to find one!

I have class tonight- it's the last class for this course and we are meeting at a tap room- I already looked at their menu- they have a ploughman's platter with meats and cheeses; I'll get that and just skip the bread that comes with. I will ignore the really good sticky toffee pudding (it's not there, it's not there, it's not there). I know I wont have a problem with that!

Big St. Louis Book Fair this weekend- I am going friday AND Saturday. I am super excited- I LOVE books. I love the smell, the texture of used books. I love when someone leaves a bookmark in them or when they have a bookplate that tells me their name. I'm babbling now. I'll just stop!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 08:21
entering eclipse

Stats: 320/300.3/145 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress: 11%
Wink

Hiya..sorry have just realized that i asked you guys to look at my before photo and my now and my before was screwed up....ANYHOO all fixed now, please check I think it's a teensy bit smaller (the face that is..) lol...grasping at straws perhaps...anyways..

thanks for the support, I promise to completely bch out next time....was a bit weepy and sucky and I HATE me weepy and sucky sooooo

ssofian good to hear from you! I LOVE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so jealous!! I can't wait to get home to go spend hours in the book stores...........tell me what you find....!!

AMBER seconding that YES YOU CAN!!!!

byeeeeeeeeeee
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 08:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXSTAR
Hiya..sorry have just realized that i asked you guys to look at my before photo and my now and my before was screwed up....ANYHOO all fixed now, please check I think it's a teensy bit smaller (the face that is..) lol...grasping at straws perhaps...anyways..

Oh absolutely. There is no doubt that your face is thinner. Good Job Im sure thats not the only place that is thinner - but its a good place to start in my opinion. Im thrilled that my double chin is getting smaller and one of the first things to go.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 09:31

Plan: low carb
Stats: 263/186/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssofian
I have class tonight- it's the last class for this course and we are meeting at a tap room-!

this cracked me up.. why ?? cos I was speed reading to catch up and thought you said you were meeting at a lap room !! LMAO.. (ok.. my brain is in the gutter) haha

And before I say anything else.. am I the only one who reckons this is THE best thread ?? I just love coming here and reading it all.. and pleeeeeeease if you are having an offish day, we understand, we all get them and if you need us we're here for you ok ? so huge gentle hugs to anyone who might need them today xx

I got news.. yup I have.. are you sitting comfortably ?? I GOT IN MY LEATHERS !!! woohoo.. the hubster had the morning off, so I trot upstairs to see if I can get in my leather trousers, (without saying a word just incase I couldnt do them up ya know) .. last year I couldnt get in them til I was about 182lbs ish.. well I am 190lbs this morning, so seriously didnt think I could get them over my butt.. but I did, and they are LOOSE !! I almost fainted, but it also goes to show that inches DO go.. even if the scales are funky.. ya know ?? so hopefully that will help those who are doubting .. get a tape and get measuring.. I havent got a tape, so guage it on clothes I used to be able to fit into. So a n y w a y.. down I trot in full leather rigmarole, and hubby says "well thats a huge hint if I ever saw one".. haha.. so we went bombing about on the bike for a while this morning... yehaw !!

So I guess thats my high for the day

Low for the day.. eldest daughter (who is 7 months preggers) is seriously stressy and whingey today...

Darn.. now I've forgotten the rest of what I was going to say (old age ya know).. but I want to wish you all a wonderful low carb day.. and a great day filled with love, health and happiness ... YOU CAN DO IT !! and if you have a day when you feel you cant.. we'll support you !! xx

snugs to you all
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 09:32

BF:

Ok I lied. I dont think I can do induction this week. These cravings are killing me. I dont know if its the not smoking thing or what but Im dieing here!

So Im backing out for this week I WILL be doing it next week though!. And to punish myself I am going to do the full two weeks!!! That'll teach me! So back to just regular low carb foods. Im not going to worry too much about carb levels this week. Ill just TRY not to be too bad (like yesterday ~no low carb ice creams!).
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 09:41

BF:

Awsome News Tumteetum - Thats just great!! You must be so proud of yourself for that. I know I will be showing off when I lose that much!
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 10:06
library diva

tumteetum-

Lap room heheh. I dont think even this teacher is THAT laid back!

Congrats on getting into those leathers! When I reach goal, DH said he's going to buy me a HOT leather outfit (pants, corset/bustier, and jacket). He is so wonderful! He made a comment to me the other day, that I am getting increasingly "more decorative". Which I thought was so cute and an unusual way to compliment me!
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Apr-26-05, 13:30

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Can I join you gals, you seem to be having so much fun. And I like having fun.

Here is a little back ground for you all. Hubby and I have been doing SB since July 6, 2004. Hubby is at goal and as you can see I've still got a ways to go. I've been stuck for over a month. But I hate to exersice and I know that's what I need to do.

We have motorcycles and ride as much as our weather lets us.
I enjoy yard work more than house work.
And love to cook. All the talk about coconut has me ready to make something. Maybe a coconut cream pie. (hubby hates coconut)

I don't really have a high or low today. Just enjoying the day.
Hope you all enjoy your day.
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 07:08

BF:

Hey Skippie.. glad to have you wish us !! and great weight loss !! WOOHOO I stalled for what seemed like ages earlier in the year, and took a drastic measure and started excercising.. and it was such a chore in the beginning. I was puffing and panting, sweating like a polar bear in the desert and really detested it. But.. now I enjoy doing it, and if I have a day I dont do it, I drive everyone mad with my excess energy and end up getting told off !! lol. I also cut out caffeine just to see if it made a difference, but either way, I came out of the stall and lost 7lbs is 3 weeks.. so its working for me. Are there any excercises you enjoy ?? do you prefer to work out alone or in a team, maybe join a club ?? Im sure there is something around you you could do, even if you just go for a nice faster than normal walk 3-4 times a week.. or put on some loud music and bop til you feel hot.. its a start you CAN do it

Im feeling blah today.. Im having a serious complex about the coconut and the strawberries I've eaten. Im trying to up the amount of carbs just a little.. and the only thing Im craving is fruit. I feel like my body is telling me I NEED it, but I feel kind of bloated and dont know if its just my mind telling me off as I've been without fruit for soooooooo long. Who knows.. just guess Im going to have be careful and watch and see what happens.

Anyway.. gotta change the subject before I head out and raid the fruit bowl LOL.

ssofian.. I love that "more decorative" comment your hubby made.. are you dressing up a little more and feeling more confident ?? I reckon confidence definately beams out of us !! and your leather gear sounds very chic !!

Amber.. hows it going ?? craving smokes and dieting at the same time has got to be extremely difficult.. I so admire you doing it.. maybe a week of general low carbing while you combat your nicotine cravings is a good idea.. we're all here for you !!

Where is everyone else ?? come out come out wherever you are

High for the day.. erm.. tapping forehead.. got the house to myself for a few hours, so enjoying the "me" time.
Low for the day.. probably that Im going to worry myself stoooopid over those darn strawberries.

Have a fantastic day everyone !! x
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 07:50
entering eclipse

Stats: 320/300.3/145 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress: 11%

YAY TUMTEETUM!!!! Awesome!!!!!! That must have felt SOOOO great!!

Welcome Skippie! nice to meet ya! we have such fun 'cause we're a bunch of craaaaazeee girls without sugar!!!

Amber girl, don't worry about induction...you're trying to quit smoking give yourself a break..you're staying in the owl which is great.... not sure if this will help you, but I NEVER start anything on Monday..I feel like I'm setting myself up to fail so maybe choose Friday or Tuesday...unless you can handle mondays, they just get me down...

ssofian...what's that? You're giving out lap dances?? is this a new excercise program?? Sounds a bit like the "stripper aerobics" I saw on Tv... ...but seriously....what is a tap room anyways? "everyone together now...heel, heel toe, shuffle, change, pa de borei.....???"

dharma dharma bo barma....how's the boy? has he recovered from your bomb? are things ok? I'm sendng you a package tomorrow with some money inside (japanese sorry) can you get me the splenda and maybe see if you can find either "hershey cabada mr. freeze no sugar added freeze pops OR kisko kids no sugar added mr freeze pops" You'll have to box it and send it air mail. Make sure to list what's in it or you'll have problems at the post office. The last package I sent my mom came back because I wasn't specific enough...I'll include my address if you lost it....Thanks doll.

OH I also found this website with a list of all the products in the US and Canada that use splenda http://www.splenda.com/library/asse...withsplenda.pdf

Funny story everyone...It turns out that Dharma and I are old friends from home (not Japan lol). She had told me about doing the low carb thing but since I wasn't ready and very against talking about my weight, I pretty much didn't say anything and she let the subject drop. Then when I got back last month from my visit home I started Atkins like 4 days later and then found this place....anyways she has been on here for a while and found this thread but didn't know it was me for a while and then when she did figure it out she didn't say anything to protect my privacy....isn't she great???...then I msn'd her that I had started etc etc "do you know this site etc etc" "what's your name etc etc" and she says don't get mad.....DHARMA BUM!!!! how crazy is that??? Just thought I'd share that intereeeeeeresting little bit of news....

hi have severely cut down on my carbs...and feeling great!!!
low still have this snotty cold...
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 07:52
library diva

Tumteetum- I am dressing more carefully lately. And since stuff fits better it makes me feel better. I understand what you mean about being wary of the fruit. I really want to be able to enjoy the giant wonderful strawberries this summer, but am nervous since it's been so long since I've had any. I had like 1 at Christmas time, but that has been it since I started LCng last October 1st.

TRIXSTAR

Quote:
ssofian...what's that? You're giving out lap dances?? is this a new excercise program?? Sounds a bit like the "stripper aerobics" I saw on Tv... ...but seriously....what is a tap room anyways? "everyone together now...heel, heel toe, shuffle, change, pa de borei.....???"

Hehehe. I actually was thinking about getting that stripper aerobics dvd when I'm a bit more confident. I think DH would like it, except.... I'm maybe the clumsiest person alive- I am a great dancer, but tend to trip and the like- not the sexiest thing. A tap room is like the bar/restaurant part of a small brewery. They brew their own beer. I was totally craving this great spinach salad they have, but they were out of spinach. So I got a caeser with grilled chicken. It was pretty good. Our waitress was really surly and well, a b*tch. Heaven forbid we should come into a bar/restaurant, order food and drinks, PAY for them, and then expect to be able to talk a bit. (They were not crowded). Oh well...

In other news.......

High Today-------My next mini goal was to be at 192lbs which would be 50lbs lost by May 16th. I had one of those feelings today, you know the kind...where you HAVE to do something? I got on the scale......191 WOOO and HOOOOO!!!! I met and exceeded that goal 3 weeks early! I had been a tiny bit bummed that I didnt lose anything last week, but I guess my body made up for it by droppin 3.5lbs quickly. I am SOOOO excited! I have set my next mini goal of being at 170bs by October 1st, 2005. That is 21 lbs but I have a bit over 5 months to do it. Do I think I can? Oh yeah!

Low- Nothing yet, and as I said before, not going to go looking!

Got my workout videos last night and tonight when I get home, I'll do the tae bo one- I am super motivated to workout now. If I can do this well just sporadically working out, think how well I can do if I do it consistently!!!!

I hope everyone has a great day. I am on a real high right now and never want to come down. I cant believe it, but this is almost as good as when I made it to Onederland a few weeks ago.

Last edited by ssofian : Wed, Apr-27-05 at 08:07.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 09:35

BF:

::ssofian:: Great Going ssofian !!! I bet you could do it in 5 months. Ive thought about dancing to lose weight...but Ive always been real self concious about that. I dont know if I could even do it with no one in the house without feeling dumb. I wish I could though, I should just do it. Its only me! Maybe I could try the latin dancing too.

::tumteetum:: Dont feel so bad about the coconut and strawberries! How much did you have? I know berries are ok in OWL, I've had a few here and there. I have heard unsweetened coconut is too so you shouldnt worry!!! How does the coconut taste? I have thought about getting some. I just seem to go overboard on those types of things. Like eating nuts, I can just keep snacking on them all day long. Luckily they dont seem to stall me out a whole lot, but I try to stay away just in case.

::skippie:: Hiya and welcome mmmmmm coconut cream pie! That would be wonderful! How do you like the south beach diet? Have you ever been on any others? How do you think they stack up against each other and why did you chose that one? I have thought about moving to that diet in a few years when Im closer to my goal. I havent read a whole lot about it just yet but it seems more complicated and the thing I like the best about Atkins is its so simple. Anyway thanks for joining us!

::FoxyGluvs:: Where did you go girl! You cant stop by once and expect to get away that easily - GET BACK HERE! Hope everything is going well for you.

::Trixstar & Dharma:: COOOOOLLL!!!!!!! Wow what a small low carb world Thats just too cool that you two know each other. Now you have someone to go out low carbing with when you move home Maybe she can give you some pointers on doing it all right - although Im sure you wont have any problems once you can acctually read all the lables correctly.

I CHEATED .. yesterday .. fk fk fk. I dont even know why, I really dont. I just didnt want to give into smoking (so I told myself) so everyone kept bugging me about pizza AGAIN and I gave in. But the worse thing is that I still was craving the smokes! BUT I didnt give in to those. I know I can beat them both (maybe only one at a time) but I guess getting over one hurdle is good and will set me up for the next hurdle. I dont know which is worse really, smoking for another 2 years to continue to lose weight or quiting now and taking another 6 months to lose the weight. Well .. I think that the quiting smoking is probobly better in the long run! So I am determined to get it done!

I cant give up on them...then come two years down the line I'd still be smoking AND fat! Like I did five years ago. I "gave up" low carbing to stop smoking after losing about 30 lbs. Then I never went back on it. Although I did quit smoking for a long time in between, just couldnt bring myself to stay off the carbs. I will kick one of those demons arse! Then move to the next one!

Thanks for the support everyone! I hope your day is filled with happiness and joy...and low carb good foods!
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-05, 13:17

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Thank you for warm welcome.
Just in a gray mood like our weather.(rainny) We weighed today hubby is fine at 186 but I'm back up 1 lb to 229. I had to take my car in for repair that they fixed last week. I wish they could just get it right the first time around. This is the 3rd time for the same issue. But each time the fix something, but guess they don't check it all. Just a bummer of a day.

I did walk the treadmill for 20 minutes that is just over 1 mile. My knees can't take more than that. I'm hoping to walk more each day.

Live Well to answer your quesiton about SB. Hubby's doc told us to try it. We had done Atkins several years ago but couldn't stick to it. We don't eat much fruit, but eat most veggies. And very little bread only LC breads. Its not really hard to stick to. Our friends even think about snacks when they know we will be over. Thats really nice.

ssofian...That stripper aerobics dvd would intrest DH too. But I have no sense of rythem and not in the least graceful. Sorry to hear about your waitress. That is one thing I really hate is poor service. We eat out at least once a week with our bike group. And sometimes they get a little rude with us. We just don't go back. Great you met your goal. You are doing
so good.

Trixstar & Dharma...It is a small world. It neat that you two found each other on line.

High for today is I did walk the treadmill
Low for today is feeling blue

Wish you all a good day
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-05, 01:06

BF:

Just a quick Hi to you all from me.. its just 8am here, and I feel terrible !! my body aches, my head is throbbing.. but I lost another lb this morning (will update stats if it stays off tomorrow lol).. maybe Im just ready to up the carbs a little ?? but boy oh boy do I feel lousy.

Hope you all have a terrific day
I will pop back later if my head stops pounding x