Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 12:37
Grrrrrrowwwwwwwl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/145.2/135 Female 64 inches
BF:34/29/20
Progress: 64%
Unhappy Bad weekend

Hi everyone

Here to report progress (or lack there-of). Didn't do so well this weekend; had to work at the hospital and we were REALLY busy. Some jerk (me) brought doughnuts (it's the expectation if you're going to be more than 15 minutes late) and though I packed a lunch with good food, I didn't get to eat it. So guess what? Yep, I ate doughnuts for 8 hours instead. That sounds really bad, doesn't it? I didn't eat them for 8 hours straight...

Anyway, back on the LC wagon today and doing well. Scrambled eggs and sausage for BF chicken breast and salad for lunch. I usually weigh in on Thursday, so I have a couple of days to repair the damage .

Talk to y'all then...
Ciao,
~JamesBlond~
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 13:59
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

That is pretty bad that they made people work during the hurricane. Yeesh.

Don't feel too bad, JamesBlond. I've fell victem to doughnuts a couple of times myself, too. Just get back on the right track and forget about your error.

I burned 240 calories on the ski machine this morning. Wahoo. I am trying a different tactic- I am exercising first thing in the morning before I eat anything. People say they loose more fat that way. I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Sep-06-04, 20:00

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%

Hi all! I would like to join this challenge. I have cheated myself out of a week but better late than never!!!

Here is my list of self-challenges:

1 - Walk 5x a week for 30 min a time
2- Do not weigh myself except on Mondays
3- Drink 144 oz of water a day
4 - No eating/snacking after 7:00PM EVER!!!
5- Do 2 meat/egg fasts for 3 days
1st - 2nd week
2nd- 4th week
6- Lose 12 pounds by 30th

I believe I can do this!!! But discipline is my key!!!! I will be posted this in my regular journal as well.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 04:51
I will try...until.

Hi Jimsbride, and welcome to the challenge! Glad to have you join in.

I burned 740 calories from exercise alone yesturday, which might have been a bad thing because I think I only ate around 1300 calories to begin with. I'm definately going to have to 'up' my calories. I don't know how, though. My appetite is virtually gone now that I rid myself of all those nasty sugar alchohols.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 09:30
Grrrrrrowwwwwwwl

Question ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsbride
5- Do 2 meat/egg fasts for 3 days
Jimsbride-
Can you tell me where to find info on this? I know I've seen it somewhere, but I don't remember where... I assume ( ) from the name that it is just meat and eggs (duh!), but do you eat anything else? Cheese, salad???

Thanks!!!
JamesBlond
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 09:37
Grrrrrrowwwwwwwl

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha

Don't feel too bad, JamesBlond. I've fell victem to doughnuts a couple of times myself, too. Just get back on the right track and forget about your error.
Thanks for the support Akasha . As I sit here at my computer, fighting the sugar cravings that the doughnuts brought on, that was JUST what I needed to convince myself to eat EGGS this morning instead of cocoa-puffs .

I know I'll feel better (no cravings, no NEED for sugar) once I get back where I need to be, but it sure can be hard when you're in the middle of a sugar haze!

I'm so glad for the support this forum offers... You all ROCK!!!

Thanks again...off to the kitchen
JamesBlond

Last edited by JamesBlond : Tue, Sep-07-04 at 09:39. Reason: typo
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 10:52
I will try...until.

It takes me a while to stop craving sugar after I cheat, too. I also find that eating sugar alcohols make me REALLY crave sugar as well, so know I don't eat them anymore. It's really helped to cut down on my cravings.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 14:29
DRAGON SLAYER

Plan: yep- its a plan
Stats: 245/000/160 Female 62
BF:sz24/ sz16/ sz8
Progress: 288%

Hi everyone.. sorry I haven't been by for a while... I am in the last stages of loan processing and closing on our house (that we are trying to buy).. so for now... I am putting my challenges on hold... once everything is settled (in a few weeks) I will return and get back on task... the only thing I am going to work on at this point is maintaining!!!!!

You're all doing well!!!
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 18:51

Plan: sugar bad, gluten worse
Stats: 230/191/160 Female 65 inches
BF:too/too/much
Progress: 56%
Default a little late, but still here!

'll pretty much keeping the same goals from the august challenge:
goals
1. lose ten pounds (down to 204)
2. exercise - i do need to work on the specifics of that though
3. no alcohol - wine, beer, matini, margarita.... well, the list is endless, but you all get the picture.

well, down one pound to 213. one a week is starting to be my average, so losing 10 in the month for the challenge might be a bit optimistic. but you never know. exercise - always a weak point for me. i have really bad arthritis, foot problems and and back problems so walking is kinda difficult. but i bought jorge cruise's book today - basically strength training with a wieght watcher type diet; i'm not doing the diet but the exercise is easy and you only do one body part a day for 8 minutes. day one is over. as for alcohol - still being good 'cuz beer still bad.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Sep-07-04, 19:11
I will try...until.

Cathy- good luck with your house!

Babe- I gave up alcohol a couple months ago, too. You'll get used to it, trust me. Perhaps you could try something like swimming (if you have access to a pool). I don't imagine that would be harsh on the feet. Plus, it's great exercise. I want to get into swimming again, actually.

I did 50 minutes on the stationairy bike and 30 minutes on the ski machine. I would have gone for longer on the bike, but my tailbone HURT from sitting. LOL.

If I don't see a drop on the scale tomarrow, I am going to go mad.
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 05:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 226/186/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi all!! I'm here for my weekly check-in. Down 1 pound (wish it was more) but hey I reached ONE-DER-LAND!!!! I'm cutting out dairy this week to see if it was slowing me down. Still haven't made it to the gym as often as I'd like, but I'm working on it. Good Luck to all, and keep up the great work!!!!!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 09:15

Stats: 187/166/143 Female 173cm
BF:
Progress: 48%

I actually forgot to weight myself this morning ;-) I got dressed, had breakfast, and then only realised it. I only started the challenge on monday, but yesterday I was down a pound, so I suppose I'll leave it at 1 lost.

I dont think I should ead sugar alcohols eiter, I had some yesterday, and I dont think it was that good. For one, I thought it tasted horrible (Atkins bar), but still, I had to have some more. I'll see how I get along. And talking about doughnuts, my teamleader had a lovely bagel (well, its the same shape) for breakfast at his desk and the lovely smell kept coming over to my desk ;-( and I just wanted to jump up, run downstairs to the canteen and grab one - but I didnt ;-)

Anyway, stay strong everybody - sugar is eeevviiiiiil
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 10:28
I will try...until.

Congrats Philly and Gagalina on your 1 pound loses.

No movement on the scale for me yet. I've lost only 1 pound in a week, even after vigorous exercise 5 out of the 7 days. *sigh* I better start seeing something decrease, whether it be inches or pounds.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Sep-08-04, 14:52

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

well everyone, I am down 0.5lbs today. I know I could 've been down a lot more but I screwed up Sunday and Monday. Hopefully this weekend will be better
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 09:00
Grrrrrrowwwwwwwl

Thumbs up Progress report

Morning all I'm here to weigh in. Weighed this morning and was down to 146.4 . Even with the doughnut disaster.

On my way to goal!!!

Ciao!
~JamesBlond~