Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-23, 03:54

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

A break in the rain today, so we'll be heading to the golf course. The coming weekend and early next week look like more rain and wind....what fun! Depressing.

When I went back to get DH's truck, I drove thru a nasty storm. Rain and wind that you could feel pushing your car around. Not fun. I was praying that it didn't start to hail since I had the loaner car and was responsible for it. Got it back to the dealership without issue. I was thinking I'd look at some new cars while I waited for DH's truck to be finished, but all they had in the showroom was 1 car....WTH? I remember them having different models in the showroom. Now it is just a big empty space? Since it was raining, I didn't venture out on the lot to look around. Probably just as well....don't really need a new car, but the loaner was sweet!

Jaz.....Hope you had a nice beach day yesterday. I hope the new job goes better than you're imagining. Let's all think positive!

Trig....Oh boy, sinus issues....what a pain. Hope it doesn't last long for you.

Nic...Sounds like you're getting back in the groove. Cruising along.

Nothing else going on here. Hoping for a good day on the golf course before the torrential rains come. BAH!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-23, 08:47

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- glad you got to where you needed to be safely.

I've been looking at cars lately bc DS24 will be taking mine this summer permanently. There is still pretty limited inventory. Not much room for negotiation either.

I did my weigh in for the month and I am down 3.8. Pleased with that and just continuing on. I won't plan to weigh again until at or near the end of May.

Have a great day, all!
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-23, 10:31

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Almost Afternoon!

I just got back from a Walmart run! Had to get a power strip for all the electronics I will be setting up today and tomorrow. I have a TON of them all packed up in boxes in my storage unit. Thankfully they are cheap.

Nic- Loved your post. It sounds like things are slowly getting back to "center" as you say! All the time zones you have been in, airports, planes, trains and automobiles- LOLOLOL - it is no wonder it has taken a good long minute! How is that for a sting on sentence!
I am glad you are back to your "nest" and getting in some good workout, walks, and working on good eating and sleeping.
The sleep will come!

Is the hubby joining you during this visit? How long are ya staying? AWESOME on the positive feedback on your "looks". I hear ya on not wanting to focus much on food, scales, and such. It can consume the thoughts if not kept in check!

Hopefully some sun is coming your way!

Lori- So cool on your Honda's too! You can EASILY get another 100,000+ miles on them! New cars these days even with all the gadgets, bells and whistles are NOT worth the. I will keep my baby running like a top!

I am shocked I am posting before you today! Although I haven't hit refresh! You have most likely come and gone! HAHAHAHAH

Are you playing today?

Trig- OMG I looked up St. George Island Fl. Talk about "out there"!!!!!!! It is like a barrier island. Holy cow! Yea, remote and ISLAND!!!!! It reminds me of the Outer Banks only in Florida. I bet it is beautiful and $$$. You would need to schlep in all your supplies for a good minute! IT does give you all the tropical though you are looking for and then some!

I too can't wait to see where you and Chop end up. Even the journey will be exciting to watch! Girl, you got it around the corner!

Sorry you are being hit with all the sinuses. The weather here has been a mess. Hot/ Cold/ Sunny/ Stormy- all in a day!
More monster storms rolling in for me tonight and all day tomorrow.

What good eats you got going on?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edisto was pretty but disappointing. I did not care for the beach at all. The sand is a rough sandpaper feel, compared to sugar fine sand. I am used to fine, sugar sand. The wave were rough and there was hardly any actual "beach". Lots of rocky areas. Just not a beach. It was pretty rural and had houses on stilts.

I am glad I went as it was on my "bucket list". It one of those places you go and have a "been there done that".

I still love the beach at Breach Inlet and Kiawah. Folly is OK and a go to as it is so close.

Rain coming in later. Right now, it is beautiful. I have the back patio open.

Last night I hung out at the pool with quiet a few new neighbors I met. They were all nice, very accepting of me, included me in their group. It was fun. We all brought our own drinks ect..... Someone brought music. It was after 9 pm when the party died down. They actually took it to another spot- but I declined and came back. It was fun though!

It is supposed to rain all day tomorrow. I stopped at Walmart and before I left picked up a rack of ribs and shrimp for tomorrow! All set!

Today is this and that- and waiting for my packages to arrive. I will be working on getting set up for work come Monday morning!

EATS: - Angus steak burgers, Meatballs, freshly made deviled eggs, and chicken salad. All in fridge and made. Pull it out and eat. Plenty to pick from. I am not eating it all!!! LOLOLOL Just stating choices!

Work out: SLUG MUFFIN- Couch to fridge round trip. Arm lifting remote. Not feeling it today.
bonus- walking the dog. LOLOL

Later gators!
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Apr-27-23, 10:33

BF:

Yup- You all posted- Going back now to ready what ya'll wrote! HA
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-23, 04:48

BF:

Good Morning!

Dang cat got me up at 3AM. I'm glad I don't have anything going on today, as I'm going to need a nap.

Golf yesterday was fairly miserable. Cloudy, cold and windy. The sun finally came out and it got warm(ish) when we were finished. Sigh.....no telling when we'll be able to golf again. We have BIG rain coming starting today and going right into at least mid-week next week. Enough already!

Jaz....Sorry that Edisto Beach did not meet your expectations. Like you, I like a nice white powdery sand. Hope you can get all your work equipment hooked up and functioning without too much hassle.

Trig.... Hope the sinus issues are not getting you down.

Nic.....WTG on your weight loss this month! That is fantastic, especially with all the traveling you've been doing. You truly have a good handle on your WOE.

-----------

I'm planning on doing a whole bunch of nothing today. I'll sit here and watch it rain.
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-23, 10:38

BF:

Good Afternoon by 10 minutes!

I am WAITING for my stuff to be delivered. I waited ALL day yesterday and it never came. I got a notice it is out "for delivery" between now and 5pm.
I have noticed it takes a day longer to get stuff where I am for some reason. Island maybe? Middle of nowhere? Charleston is pretty big?!?!? I dunno.

Lori- I hear ya on doing nothing but watching it rain. I actually don't mind a "rain" day every now and again. A bunch in a row? Not so much! I crave sunshine!

At least your time now is yours, that is a huge!
You still like those Phala Videos?

Is today a high/or low day? Do you ever do bone broth?

OMG the cost of cars these days!

Nic- I will be curious to what you find car wise when you start looking. I was "browsing" Honda's 2017- present! WOW Again the costs are jaw dropping for USED cars!
It will be a huge blessing for the "kids" to get yours. HUGE! You're a great momma!

Glad you are relaxing in DE and getting yourself back to center! We all need time like that.
Hubby coming to join you?

Trig- Hey there! You feeling any better? The grass, mold, pollen, thick wet air - SLOPPY Spring for sure!

Anything moving and shakin in your neck of the woods besides rain drops?
----------------------------------------------------------

The sun is FINALLY coming out after 2 days of gray and rainy days. I will open the screen up to get this bacon smell out. LOLOLOL

Since I am stuck here waiting for my equipment to come, I cooked. I made up a package of bacon, ribs are in the oven low and slow, and I have a fresh soup pot low and slow for beef bone broth I am simmering for 12 hours.
I made some eggs I will "devil" up and I am good to go. It smells amazing in here.
I took the pup out and you can smell my kitchen all the way down the steps and through the front entrance. YUM and YUM.

I was also thinking of using up the rest of the ground beef for meat balls and freezing them. Depends on how bored I get!

I have been struggling a bit in my WOE this week. Wanting stuff, I can't have. So, I am hopeful that the bone broth will help. I haven't "cheated", but I feel I am on an eating fest.
All "good stuff"- just not in a neat window. I was still chowing burgers at 10 pm. I wasn't even really hungry for it.
I wanted "cheat" food- so I was STILL EATING......... here and there.

Today is a HUGE REBOOT- I have got to reel this in. I am up my 5 pounds +1= urghhhhhhhh. Turning this ship around.

Nothing else doing here................ just waiting and puttering.

Have a good one.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Apr-28-23, 10:52

BF:

Late appearance from me today. I got busy and realized as I was eating 'brunch' at 11:30 that I had not opened my email or anything else yet. Crazy!

Jaz- I'm glad you got together and enjoyed some time with a group. That's so good for you.

Beach sand- MD/DE sand is not soft sand. Some is softer than others but some of it is quite granularly large.

Lori- 3 AM is a very early start to the day. Nap maybe?
We have crazy winds today (26 mph +) and some rain. Good day to just be inside.

Trig- Howdy!

••••••

Dh is here with me- he got in early on Thursday, about 8:15 AM. He will be here until Sunday and I will be heading back to MD on Monday.

We have similar foods in our house, Jaz. I have some leftover ribs, I made a vat of Cheeseburger soup this morning, along with a pound of taco meat.

We are going out to dinner tonight. I'll likely get seafood but we'll see.
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-23, 02:32

BF:

Good Morning!

Not really sure why I'm posting as I have nothing going on! Rainy & cold...I feel like I'm living in England. I'm hoping if we live thru the next week, the weather will start to improve. It's a shame today is so ugly....today is the annual Arts Festival in our town. They close down the main street and have craft vendors and food stands galore. It is a juried event....so really nice stuff. More artists than crafters, I suppose you could say. I'd like to go, but not sure I want to face the elements. We'll see.

My plan for the day includes a nap. What better to do on a rainy day? I'm sure DH will be spending a good bit of today napping too. His sleep is not good ever since Betty got sick and we went thru all the stuff with the house etc. We still have the first floor clean out looming when Betty is at rest, but nothing to do now. He can't seem to settle his nerves and wakes up around 2 every morning and just lays there worrying etc. and can't get back to sleep. I'm at a loss as to what to do for him.

Well, the cat wants in for breakfast #2. My life.
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-23, 04:48

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori I would think how well Betty is doing in her new digs and the other floor work handled your DH would be in alot better shape? But I sure understand that 'looming' work to come and it means her passing etc. and it is very unsettling living in that uncertain, when is stuff gonna happen? life tho. I also am having discussions with my hubby on what he doesn't want to hear, we must get a handle on his mom's home NOW....heck it will be forever to get it even somewhat horrible decent to put on the market...ugh....I also get holding the home 'for Betty' in a way but she is never coming home, so would it be advisable to chat up with her and get the home literally sold to the new owner and move on this property? Betty truly could go years with great care in the new digs and if not returning home maybe a 'new line' of thought on ditching the home now and moving that out of her hands and into a new owner is time to make this go down.
Funny cause that is going on here right now too!! I told hubby no use holding onto a home the owner will never live in again for any reason.....so you guys chat talking to Betty about selling and just letting it all go now instead of the long property wait that she sure will not use as a home anymore?
ahhhh, just babbling, just wondering

Jaz, I love Edisto. LOL I might even move there truly right in the dead center of the sleepy little town but property doesn't even go for sale anymore like the old days it was really on the market, now anything hits and it is snapped up in a split second by corporations for rental property use. Sad. Well not to worry, we got ALOT of beach area to wander in our futures right? Alot of new beach areas to check out.

Nicco, you enjoy your DE time!! Glad you DH got some down time to enjoy to and sounds like your eating is in a good place.

---------------I am like Lori right now. Bland. Blah. Weather is crappy for days here still. And friggin' cold again.

Kiddo went to Carowinds Amusement on senior trip yesterday. Came home with motion sickness from loopy loop rollercoasters and crazy azz rides. She wasn't a fan HAHA but they had a real good time. When we got home I told her to take some motion sickness pills just in case since her head was spinning a bit but nope...she don't need them, then at 12pm last night she says, give me those pills. I told her if I did those rides she did over and over I would be in hospital right now HA

Blah icky day. Not sure if I even wanna 'do' anything...might not do a thing

be good all
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-23, 06:01

BF:

Trig.....Yeah....it doesn't make sense for us to not finish up on Betty's house....other than it means a lot to her to know that the entire first floor is just as she remembers it. The house is officially sold, financial stuff all done, but the agreement states that the first floor remain untouched and available to Betty as long as she lives. We pay a monthly lease to have the first floor, which doesn't make much sense, but as I said....it means a lot for Betty's peace of mind. The stuff that this life throws at us.....sheesh!
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-23, 06:12

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

yea I get that Lori. Key being if ya can, cause Betty is still adjusting in her mind about never going home, she needs time, but I would ask every now and then, can we move forward on the home and send it on ya know. Little baby chat. Put it in her mind that a house just sitting and rotting is not what she would truly want for her magestic home and the money spent for ? It is a very tough tightrope walk on this one. We chatted a good bit with MIL about selling and letting it all sink in slowly on her lands etc. She finally gets it too but Betty has to realize, IF SHE can that she needs to make some smart financial decisions also and let that burden off her now also. MIL became very light once she made a decision to let loose and go with the future flow so.....again, tough road thru it all right now. Hold strong, ya'll will get thru it obviously!!
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-23, 06:58

BF:

Good Morning! Saturday!

Trig- OMG just reading your post about those "rides and roller coasters" and spinning, and and and - barf bucket! It brought back PTSD of the Tilt a Wheel! NEVER EVER again!
Hope Kiddo feels back on solid ground this morning!

I feel ya on all the planning with property and such. It is a big deal. Add that to the fact you just closed on your momma's house! You still had to keep the lights on, pay bills, ect...... it takes work to maintain a property! So yeah, now is the time for those discussions. These oldies can go on for years in facilities.

I could absolutely "see" you in Edisto. A small beach house right on the water with a wraparound porch facing the ocean! You betcha. The only people there are the people who live there or AirBnb. There really isn't any commercial business there except a gas station and a liquor store! But what else do you need right? LOLOL- There is a VERY small Food Lion there. Basic essentials. Everything else must be brought in.
You are right- it is in the middle of nowhere.
I am surprised though you like the sand. I am not a fan of course sand.

Speaking of course sand........ Nic- I know those beaches where you are. You are right the sand is light tan and very course. It is almost "pebbles" except a bit finer. I also think the water is a bit "rougher" too. There is nothing "still" about your beach.
So glad the hubby is there with you!

Yup- we have the same foods in the fridge. Had ribs last night and left over "hamburger soup" as well. What seafood do you get, crab legs? Boy I wish I could do dairy. I really enjoy a bowl of well-prepared She Crab Soup topped with sherry at the end! Now that is some good eating!

Any thoughts on what type of car you are looking at? Good ones are hard to find that are affordable. My DD got a Subaru (used) but she loves it. They also last a good long time! Like the Honda. LOLOL

Are you getting rested up? Something about time and the water is so awesome!

Lori- Hey I love a good nap on a rainy day! I know though you are missing your game. It has been a super crappy Spring this year! It's been wet and cool!

I am puzzled to why your hubby worries when the "big" issues have been now taken care of. I understand he might be worried for Betty, but goodness she is in a great place. Add that to the fact she has lived a wonderful and long life. She will most likely have a very peaceful passing. Good for her! She is a lucky lady to have had the time she did at home!
I know though that some people are worriers.
I wonder if some melatonin would be a help to your hubby for sleep. Just a thought.

Is today an up/or down day? HAHA.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last night I had the most delicious ribs. Goodness they were lip smacking. No sauce even needed. I did put smoked paprika on them for a "smokey" taste. It was all that was needed.
I have the other half I will eat tomorrow.

I also have bone broth made, and taco meat as well I might drop into the bone broth and call it a day.

Last night I helped cook for the local VFW here in Charleston. They needed some volunteers. So there I was chopping and helping make 100 dinners.
After all the food was cooked I helped plate it. It was some hot noodle with a chicken/ olive/ tomato topping. It was sorta gross. I ate before I went. It looked very gross to me. The "sauce" was Italian salad dressing that was heated up. BLECK!
But hey, when nobody was looking a dumped a crap load of garlic and salt in it and it tasted so much better.
I also added fresh basil- nobody had thought of that. It really did add some flavor to all the canned garbage.
I know why I eat at home. If people saw what goes on in kitchens............ Anyway, I met a ton of people who thanked me for helping. It was fun- but I think I will take a pass next time.

I am still waiting for my equipment to come for this new job on Monday. An email went out that all the equipment is running late as they are using a new shipping vendor. I will be signing in on my laptop it seems.
I was also reading that I am not permitted to have ANY time off for the next 90 days. It is considered a "training time", and any call off will be subject to termination. Wow a bit harsh.
Trying to keep an open mind here............. It's a paycheck, and remote, and pays well.

Today is DEF a beach day! Finally, some sun and high of 83! Sunscreen day!
I have no other plans except sand under my feet, music, and a healthy on plan meal.
There is a new series I want to see on Prime. That will be my settle in evening plan.

Nothing else moving and shaking this minute. I am ready for my new chapter come Monday. I am slated to stay here until the end of June. All good stuff.
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-23, 09:16

BF:

Lori, I wonder if it is the limbo period that is knocking your DH out. That absolutely KILLS me. I spin out big time. Give me whatever the decision or action is and I can move forward but waiting just absolutely slays me.

I'm over this weather too. I'll be in MD next week bc we are still not at beach weather here.

Jaz- nice that you got some volunteer time in. I'm going through onboarding May 10 here in DE for a place and I am excited to get started.

cars- I'm still really open. Considering the Santa Fe. I looked at Subaru but not sure about them. I love the look of the Ford bronco but not sure I trust a Ford. Still have some looking to do.

Trig- Poor DD. Carowinds is a cool park. They have a roller coaster that goes back and forth across the state line of NC and SC. I thought that was so fun. I can't do coasters at all like I used to but I used to get on over and over again.

--

pickleball today at 1, and then a pickleball potluck at the clubhouse starting at 5. I need to bring dessert (last name decides) so I will wait to make it until shortly before we go so I don't have the smell in the house all day. I may have something sweet when I'm there, or maybe not. We'll see. I'm fine either way.

I will head back to MD Sun or Monday. It's supposed to rain all day Sunday so I may cut out early. We'll see.
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-23, 11:12

BF:

Nic......I think you hit the nail on the head. We are in total limbo.....just waiting for the inevitable. He keeps beating himself up about the sale of the house....maybe we should have listed it instead of just taking the Dr.'s offer etc. The thing is, in the end, it was Betty's decision. She's happy with the Drs. plans for the house and she loves how interested he is in the history and wants to preserve it etc. So what if we could have gotten a bit more? I keep telling DH all that, and he knows it, but he can't help but keep going round and round with maybe we should have done things differently. In the end, Betty will be taken care of even if she outlives her money. He knows all this, but he's stuck in a loop of telling himself that he didn't do the right thing. All I know is that we COULD NOT, end up inheriting that monstrosity and then not be able to sell it....it's not like a home that just anyone would want to buy. Plus, it needs millions of dollars in renovations to bring it to code etc. Needs a new roof...there's $50,000, needs all new electric and HVAC.....gobs of money. I'm just SO happy that it's sold and we will never be stuck paying the $12,000+ a year in taxes, plus insurance etc. It would have killed our retirement funds to have to keep that house going. I wish he could feel the relief I feel. He agrees with me when I go over and over all these facts, but then he just keeps doubting the way it was handled. Lord.....give me strength.
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Apr-30-23, 05:50

BF:

Good Morning!

Cat out and me back to bed equals a decent night's sleep....for once! For some reason, she wanted out at 1:15...in the rain. Sigh.

Planning a low cal(under 1000) day today. Tenderloin steaks and shrimp cocktail for dinner.

Last day of April. Wow...that went fast! Lousy month for golf....hope May is much better. I fell off the wagon hard on my walking challenge for April. I did good the first half of the month, but then it all went to he!!. For May I'm going to strive for a daily Pahla B. video and getting in 8 glasses of water. I like the Pahla B videos for the balance and strength that goes with it. Important for sure. I'm just doing one of her weight loss video series for May and then may do one of the strength series next month. Just have to get in the habit again.

Rainy day again today so I'm stuck inside. We have been stuck in this horrible weather pattern for what seems like a month!

Make the most of your days!