Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 14:29

Plan: adkins
Stats: 187/150/125
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi ladies . My name is Laurie and I'm petite also. Actually just short! LOL! I'm 5'0. My goal weight is 120 - 125. I've been doing this since September. I just hit the 25 pound mark!!! It's great getting into clothes I haven't worn in years. I'm down 2 pant sizes. I've lost a total of 19 1/2 inches. I measure my hips, waist, thighs, boobs, back, upper arms and calves. 3 1/2 was off my hips and 4 1/4 off my waist! Those are the areas I measure most often. Remember gals.....keep measuring! Sometimes the weight isn't coming off, but those inches still are! That's what amazes me! I would really love to be in a size 9 by summer. Getting back into a 5 or 7 really isn't realistic. But a 9.......I would look great! It will be so nice to be able to shop for clothes in the "normal" size sections!!!!
Keep up the great work

Laurie
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 14:48

Plan: Atkins/BFL exercise plan
Stats: 218/185.6/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default hi

Laurie-It's nice to have you aboard. Congratulations on the loss! You know I was just talking to dh about measurements last night. You have convinced me to measure myself! I know you can reach your goal by summer! I totally agree with being able to be in regular sizes again. I have had it with the "X? sizes!

Dinky-I will keep everyone posted about the 2ns phase of induction. So far so good. Today has gone well. Now if I could just get my baby to get rid of his cold!!!

I hope everyone had a successfull weekend. Let's make it an amazing week! I'm ready to lose another 10 lbs! WOOHOO!

Take care-
Natalie
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 15:26

Plan: Lower Carb/glycemic foods
Stats: 179.5/163.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Cool ooohhhhh. Size 9!

That sounds soooo nice!

I'm 5 foot 3. I consider that petite. Of couse, my hieght is petite, but that's about it these days! It's hard because the shorter you are, the more those excess pounds show! Of couse, it also shows when you start losing too. There is a plus side to everything.

I would take a size 10 or 12 by summer (probably 12!). I'm wearing a 14 now, but they are very snug 14s! I took my measurements the other day and my waste is exactly 36 inches. That really makes me a size 16. I will NOT be buying any size 16 clothes. I have no choice. Must lose weight AND inches.

4 - 5 more months before I need to get into that bathing suit!

Kristi
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 15:48

Plan: adkins
Stats: 187/150/125
BF:
Progress: 60%

I hear ya Kristi! My waist isn't too bad, 33 1/4", it's my 40 1/2" hips!!!!!! I've gone from a size 20 jeans to a 16. I'll have to soon hit up the second hand store for smaller sizes Even when I was little my waist might have been a 3 but my hips were always a 7 or 9 LOL!! But it will be fun instead of depressing shopping for bathing suits this summer

Laurie
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 15:48

Plan: Lower Carb/glycemic foods
Stats: 179.5/163.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Thumbs up Just read ALL the posts... WOW!

I didn't realize how many petite ladies were on this thread! This is great.

Since lots of folks are reading let me give more details. My scale is over (by about 6lbs), so my starting weight and my goal weight are according to this scale. I could buy a new one, but I'm taking the thought that the end results in pounds lost will be the same. I'll eventually have to go back to the regular doctor, and the girl doctor and I can see the real facts (lower numbers) there. 125 on my scale is really a 118 goal. My husband will probably faint if/when I reach it. At this point, the goal isn't set in stone. I'm going to keep going until I feel and look good.

I have a double chin and it's gross. I didn't have it at goal weight. I want it to go away.

Right now, I'm carrying my weight everywhere. The closer I get to goal (I remember from past experiences) the thinner my tummy gets. My weight likes to hang out on my thighs. It just gets all comfy there and won't go away.

This is a great thread for Support. We have quite a bit in common!

Kristi
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 19:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/205/110 Female 58"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Another Shortie!

Hello to all my fellow petites! Cool, that there are so many of us!

My name is Deanna and I'm 4'10". When I started lowcarb I was 217!! Yikes, that's pretty hefty.

I don't really know what a good goal weight is for my height, but I'm aiming for 120 right now.

Go short people!!

Deanna
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jan-21-02, 21:37
Registered Member

Stats: 133/126/115
BF:
Progress: 39%
Cool Hello Ladies

It's been a long Monday and I don't have much to add tonight - just so sleepy I'm headed for bed a little early.

It is so nice to have all you for friends. I look forward to checking in every day to say how everyone is doing and am always surprised to see more join us

My mom was 4.10". She was always a little chubby, but managed to keep herself from getting really overweight. Lots of overweight ladies in my family and we've all seen how it can wreck your health at a young age. The good part was, at 5.1" I look tall when I stand next to Mom. She's 71 now and is shorter than before. I can't believe how much she has shrunk in height the last five years. Just one more thing to look foward to

Goodnight ladies - have a Terrific Tuesday.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 07:19
Pending Member

Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%
Smile Good morning, my friends

Wow, I can't believe how this thread is growning. It is really nice to have so many petite power.
Laurie: Congratulation on 25 lbs. and Wow! 19 1/2 inches. You are doing wonderful. I can't wait also to get in a smaller size and be able to shop at normal department again. I have been putting off shopping but my closet is starting to thin out allot because the sizes are too big. Welcome to the thread my name is Donna and I am 5'3" and at wearing a size 16.

Hi Natalle, Hope the baby get over his cold. My husband just got over one and there been time I wanted to pull my hair out.

Hi! Kristi, I can't wait to see a size 12 but would love to see a size 10 by summer. I will need the energy from being healthy because we are starting to remodel the house ourselves

Deanna, Welcome to the thread.

Well ladies, I just wanted to say how blessed I have been finding this thread and being here with you. You all are my petite and I am glad we hear to each other on.
Well have a gread day.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 10:26

Plan: atkins
Stats: 223/140/140
BF:
Progress: 100%

I was glad to see your size donnaj. I am at 178 myself and can not quite seem to get into that 14 yet. I can zip them, bearly, and I certainly could not wear them out in public! I was glad to see it's not just me. I have started doing sit ups today to try to get rid of this "baby pooch"as I call it( which honestly I had long before my now 5 year old was born.)
I am glad to know I am not alone. I was begining to wounder since after loosing 45 lbs, I am still wearing the same jeans I did when I started, even though they are way to big. They did fit longer than I expected though, which makes me wounder if they were way to small when i started.But I promised myself I would not buy more untill I bought 14s. I measured them and they have a 32 inch waist on them...so I still have about 3 inches to go.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 10:50
Registered Member

Plan: Returned to CALP 4/8/2
Stats: 147/143/115
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Good morning fellow shorties!

Why is there no size 13? I mean I can't into a 12 comfortably yet but I need a belt for my 14's now and they sort of look silly b/c I wear the baggie style. I must admit baggy jeans are MUCH more flattering when I'm at goal but they're just so comfy, lol!

I still wiegh the same (138) and I forgot to check my measurements this weekend so I'm workin' on faith this week. Have a great tuesday everyone!
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 11:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 223/140/140
BF:
Progress: 100%

Misses is the odd sizes, so there is a size 13. Just need to go to the misses section in any dept store.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 14:20

Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%

Wow!
You know, when we lose weight it's dramatic! 5lbs on us looks like 20. I just lost 9lbs on induction. (Cheated 2 days ago and then the scale went up by 2 lbs. Not going to do that again anytime soon.

BTW, from my 9lb loss my new jeans are all too loose. And I kind of like the fact that they're bagging off my bum. Makes me feel smaller. It's a greaaaaaaaaaaaat feeling. I have a little black dress, a Calvin Klein, I bought 4 years ago and it's been hanging in the closet. By summer I hope to wear it.

I'm just wondering, once the induction is over, what's a reasonable rate of loss? I've heard 2lbs per week. Is that what the rest of you petites are getting? Keep up the good work.

On size 13, in Canada they have it. Liz Claiborne makes a size 13 I'm almost sure.

By all1
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Jan-22-02, 15:20

Plan: Atkins/BFL exercise plan
Stats: 218/185.6/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Just checking in

Hi to Deanna, Kristi and all the new petites that have joined our little club! It feels so good to know there are others out there that are going through the same thing.

Karen-I have seen you and even though you are still wearing the same pants. You look great!! You should be very proud of what you have accomplished.

I had a rough Monday, but am doing great today. I have noticed I am starting to get a little tired of the basic foods we have been eating. I need to find some new quick recipes to make for lunch. The dinners are all new and exciting.

I wish you all the best of luck on your quest for "regular" sizes for swimsuits. I would be in heaven to be able to wear a 12 by summer, but I don't know. If I get to a 14 in pants, I will be exactic! My stomache is what is keeping me in the big sizes. My big belly has overstayed it's welcome and I am kicking it out!!!! (if only I could kick it out at a quicker pace!) Besides my tummy I am looking forward to loosing a bit of my chest. My chest has always been a bit on the large size, but it has really blossomed since I have gained all of this weight. That brings me to a question-What is the best exercise to help lift them after weight loss?

Happy Tuesday!
Natalie
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 09:46
Registered Member

Stats: 133/121/110
BF:
Progress: 52%
Talking I finally found all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

First thanks to Dinky for starting this, great

I am very new here, just registered and posted around 5 or 6 posts in the last few days. Every morning I go to my computer and read these posts. Well I finally came across this one. And guess what your all stuck with me now I LOVE these posts they encourage me and keep me going And it's so much fun. I've never seen any rude comments nor seen anyone trying to bring people down. So what if you have a slip now and then, noone says your awful or you can't stay in our group. And something else about that , in high school being in or with a group of people made me feel good, accepted and needed. I love knowing that I can come here and talk to all of you. These are the bests posts that I can relate to. I'm 5'4" and my highest weight was 140. I was wearing a size10/11. The extra weight was everywhere. But thanks to LCing I lost 35 pounds. Now I only wanted to lose 30 but my energy level was so high that the extra 5 just fell off. So I gained muscle and looked great. Now forward to the present I can't wait to see my old body again I have 3 months till I leave for the Caribbean (St. Lucia) and I will be ready for last years bikini's Hope to hear from someone soon, sorry so long just excited to meet all of you Good Luck and Keep It Up
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 10:18

Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%

Hello Atanqt,

Welcome to petites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Atanqt, I'm curious as to how long it took you to lose that 35 or was it 40 lbs on LC. Some say it's harder and takes longer to do once you're near goal weight. Do you remember?

I lost 9lbs on induction in the first two weeks. And now entering my 3rd week of induction, cheated a little, so the weight loss has slowed. But got back in the saddle yesterday and today I'm down 2 more lbs. Feels great.

Good luck gal. We're rooting for you!

Ruby