Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 09:01
one day at a time

Plan: south beach
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%

Coffee isn't frowned upon on SB...we can even have 1-2 cups of caffeinated beverages a day (coffee or diet soda). Hooray for that!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 09:05

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I may weigh in today and it may be tomorrow. I have to go pick my paycheck up and then get it cashed, so it just depends on how much time I have left afterwards before I have to be at work at 1:00. I will let you all know tonight if it was a go today or a no go and will be tomorrow. Problem is, lunchtime is really busy at the center where I weigh in and it doesn't open til noon. That's an hour but I need driving time to work and check in as well when I get there.

Everyone have a good Monday.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 09:06
one day at a time

BF:

Sissy, what a positive way to look at it! Yes, congrats to those who have lost or maintained, and cheers to everyone staying on the beach, too! All good things.

Have an excellent day, everyone...
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 09:38
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras
Coffee isn't frowned upon on SB...we can even have 1-2 cups of caffeinated beverages a day (coffee or diet soda). Hooray for that!

Yeah!!!

I like my weighin better today....so I'm taking it!!

Name...............6/30..........7/7..........7/14..........7/21..........7/28
jmr410............................................................211.7. ......210.0
Judy...............154..........154............152.2.........153........ .152.8
Linda H............161..........160.4.........161...........162.2.......160.0
Pocobarb..........................................163..........159
Rebecca A......................182............183.2.........182
Renee.............145..........144............144.8.........146.6
sassafras..........................................................234.. .......236
sissy...............195.4.......194.4...........194...........193.2..... .193.2
skippie.............216............................215...........213.5

The weekends are always a tough time to not see gain for me.....so seeing the scale down a bit for a Monday is truly a lift for me as I tend to see loss during the week as I'm very busy and active all day every day.

Have a great Monday!!
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 10:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 299/267/170 Male 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

Starting out at 267 today.

I need more exercise and time to go grocery shopping. I need to get turkey bacon instead of feasting on real bacon the last few day.

Have a great week.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 10:50

Plan: Controlling the Carbs
Stats: 282/197.5/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hello All,
I am currently doing Atkins 72' (have done SB in the past) but just wanted to come in and say (I hope I don't get flammed for this ) but I noticed a huge difference in the SB forum from others and that is the positivity and "happiness" from those doing it.

Seriously I go on other boards and other plans and it seems like so many people are "angry", "defensive" and "unhappy" with their plan and it shows in their posts their response to others regarding their plan, but I always noticed a consistency with those following SB on this board and other boards.

I also noticed that SB followers seem to "stick" with the plan better I don't see the usual frustration and tweaking although I'm sure it exists.

All in all what I am saying is I feel that when you are apart of a message board especially dealing with weight issues when the people you are interacting with are positive, successful and willing to help it can make a HUGE difference in another person's journey to weightloss.

So although I am doing Atkins 72' (not sure for how long) I am still reading my SB book, lurking in the SB section and when I do make the switch I feel good knowing that you postive folks will be here for support.

Congrats to you all on your successful weightloss and I wish you much success on your continuing journey.
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 11:11

Plan: ????
Stats: 288/276.5/150 Female 65 inches
BF:Um, Duh!!!
Progress: 8%

Name...............6/30..........7/7..........7/14..........7/21..........7/28
jmr410............................................................211.7. ......210.0
Judy...............154..........154............152.2.........153........ .152.8
Linda H............161..........160.4.........161...........162.2.......160.0
Pocobarb..........................................163..........159
Rebecca A......................182............183.2.........182
Renee.............145..........144............144.8.........146.6
sassafras..........................................................234.. .......236
sissy...............195.4.......194.4...........194...........193.2..... .193.2
skippie.............216............................215...........213.5
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 12:57
one day at a time

BF:

Aw, KB, you're so sweet! Come join us when you're ready!!!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 13:59
Dazed and Confused

Stats: 170/132/135 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-boogie

Seriously I go on other boards and other plans and it seems like so many people are "angry", "defensive" and "unhappy" with their plan and it shows in their posts their response to others regarding their plan, but I always noticed a consistency with those following SB on this board and other boards.

When I get up in the morning I think "Blessed is thy oatmeal and thy sweet potato."

Seriously, I love having a larger selection of foods.

The water temperature today off the beach is a balmy 84 degrees. Come on in, the beach is great.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 14:43
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Hello All,
I am currently doing Atkins 72' (have done SB in the past) but just wanted to come in and say (I hope I don't get flammed for this ) but I noticed a huge difference in the SB forum from others and that is the positivity and "happiness" from those doing it.

I also noticed that SB followers seem to "stick" with the plan better I don't see the usual frustration and tweaking although I'm sure it exists.

All in all what I am saying is I feel that when you are apart of a message board especially dealing with weight issues when the people you are interacting with are positive, successful and willing to help it can make a HUGE difference in another person's journey to weightloss.

So although I am doing Atkins 72' (not sure for how long) I am still reading my SB book, lurking in the SB section and when I do make the switch I feel good knowing that you postive folks will be here for support.

Congrats to you all on your successful weightloss and I wish you much success on your continuing journey.

Thanks KB.... we'll be waiting for you to make "the switch"!!!
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 17:29
Registered Member

Stats: 165/158/135 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Checking in.. just started today

Weight 160#
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 17:44
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_2_1
Checking in.. just started today

Weight 160#

Welcome mom_2_1!!

Do you have a first name?
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 17:48
Registered Member

Stats: 165/158/135 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Christel and thank you!
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 17:49
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_2_1
Christel and thank you!

Hi Christel!
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jul-28-08, 18:29

Stats: 225/138/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Hello All,

I've noticed this too, but here more than other boards. It's nice to know I wasn't just imagining things When you do make the switch, K, we'll be here to cheer you on