Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 05:53
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 228/228/170 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 0%

impasto thank you so much, i just got your private msg and i was looking around not knowing how to send you a msg lol, im such an idiot i need to learn how to use this thing.

thank you so much!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 05:55
Registered Member

BF:

where do i go to start a journal? i cant find it
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 05:58
Registered Member

BF:

omg this is so no easy to find things, i hope i can get some help
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 06:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/160/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:Yep it is!
Progress: 81%

Hi Natgabo6

Try this link and start a new thread for your journal. There is a thread with instructions for you as well. I am going to start one this weekend as well.

BTW, just ignore the posts you think are rude. Just focus on the positive ones, and I guarantee they will help you out!

Hang in there girl

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 06:27
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Do you know what I think the problem is here on the boards some of the time? I think that the people who have been here forever (those people who have lost weight, but some who are just here for the ride...) get fed up of seeing the same questions over and over again....so they get crusty over it. I feel sorry for people like that, because no matter how fed up of people asking the same questions I get, I try never to talk to another person like that.

It's ignorant and selfish - so 'YOU' know how to do the plan, that doesn't mean everyone else does!!

Where did our consideration and tollerance levels go?? I tell you something, I would hate to have those miserable people as my teacher....if I had teachers talk to me the way I see some of the folk talking here to the newbies, I would have had a very bad education!!!

THINK about your replies to people! if you are fed up with the same questions over and over, then don't venture outside of your journals....no one says you have to respond to people!

I do hope natgab06, that it hasn't put you off of sticking around. ignore those people who have nothing better to do than talk down to you girl - i was in your shoes once, but I can thankfully say that there are more of the 'nice' people on here than the negative ones!
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 06:56
Registered Member

BF:

well thank you so much. that is exactly what i was saying. just because you been around and have lost all the weight, dont forget where you came from. just because you been on this diet for months and or years, you were on time on day 2 and it was hard for you too. like i told someone else i been in a pregnancy and parenting forum for over a year, and yes sometimes you see the same thing over and over, an example: woman wanting to go into labor like right right now, yes its annoying because you will not go into labor until your body is ready for it, but i remember one time trying to do everything i could to go into labor. you just cant forget that you were one time in that situation. i feel like you if you are tired of reading the same thing, maybe move on to another part of the forum, and not where people are just starting. im going to take all the advice from the ones who actually told me to stick around and understand where i stand. for the 1 or 2 who have been very selfish and do not get my point, well i just hope it works out for you.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 07:12

Plan: Atkins (Strict Induction)
Stats: 183/120/115 Female 5'7.5"
BF:21.6%
Progress: 93%

Oftentimes people make the assumption they are helping (me included). Hence, I find the best thing to do is ask - How can we help you? What is it that you need from us/me that would be beneficial? Jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by natgab06
well thank you so much. that is exactly what i was saying. just because you been around and have lost all the weight, dont forget where you came from. just because you been on this diet for months and or years, you were on time on day 2 and it was hard for you too. like i told someone else i been in a pregnancy and parenting forum for over a year, and yes sometimes you see the same thing over and over, an example: woman wanting to go into labor like right right now, yes its annoying because you will not go into labor until your body is ready for it, but i remember one time trying to do everything i could to go into labor. you just cant forget that you were one time in that situation. i feel like you if you are tired of reading the same thing, maybe move on to another part of the forum, and not where people are just starting. im going to take all the advice from the ones who actually told me to stick around and understand where i stand. for the 1 or 2 who have been very selfish and do not get my point, well i just hope it works out for you.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 07:19
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by natgab06
i know im only on day 4, but this has been hard. and only today it has been a little easier.
i do know why im not losing any at all tho. im not being so strict on this diet.

in the morning when i wake up, i have been drinking coffee and of course with sugar. i wake up at 5am to feed my daughter her bottle and i just need something in my tummy, so i go for that.
breakfast around 9 today i had 2 fried eggs.
lunch i had tuna with mayo
and dinner im going to have hamburger patty

everything is fine but the coffee. also i havent been drinking that much water. i get about 4 glasess of 8 oz but i dont drink more than that.

no wonder im not losing right?

Hi there,

I know it's hard to make the total and complete switch to a perfectly clean diet! The induction diet is designed to rid of body of it's addiction to sugars/carbs and jumpstart your weight loss. I'd hate to see you miss out on that magical transformation during the first 2 weeks that occurs.

Can you do artificial sweetener like splenda? That would still give you your sweet taste but not the sugar. I use them nearly every day. I know that getting up at 5 am with a baby (I have 3 young ones myself) is hard and if you like some sweet coffee, you should be able to have it! The splenda will solve that issue. If it's regular coffee you may want to consider switching to decaf? Some people do do Atkins w/ regular coffee, but caffeine can mess with your insulin and blood sugars, so if you can, it might be the time to switch.

If your urine is running clear at some point in the day, then it might be enough water for you. You don't have to force water to see good results. I try to drink 28 ounces and that's enough for me.

I'd suggest some veggies at lunch and dinner. 2 Cups of salad from the induction list and 1 C of veggies from the list. or 3 C of salad. This will keep the diet "fresh tasting" and interesting for you.

Good luck and welcome to the boards!
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 07:46

Stats: 203/160/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:Yep it is!
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
Speaking as someone else who still sometimes has difficulty figuring out how to get around the forum, maybe my settings are different than yours, Judy. The only threads which show up on the screen when I click on my user control panel are those which I have specifically asked to subscribe to. (for example, there will be no record in my UCP of this particular post)

Kay

Here you go Kay, I think this will help with your thread subscriptions. I know this has nothing to do with this thread, didn't know where else to put it.

If you're not automatically subscribed to threads you start or reply to, you can set this from from the "Edit Options" tab on the control panel menu bar. Scroll down about halfway, you'll see where you can select Automatic Thread Subscription Mode.

Angie
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 12:13

Stats: 182.5/161.0/150.0 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 66%

OMG babies! Mine are 13 & 19 and I clearly remember them being little ones! I commend you on working on lo-carb at this point! For many, me included, it was all I could do to get some well deserved sleep! Hang in there and you are more than welcome to ask me anything! Not that I know as much as all these long-time people, but I have learned alot from them in the past 5 weeks! My newbie advice (as I think I still am one myself) is to just sift through threads and view pertinent information that fits your situation and then use it to your best ability. Information is the key and whether you are 100% doing Atkins or not, at least you are thinking about ways to improve your health. Good for you!!! Jill
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 12:29

Plan: Low Carb/Gluten Free/IF
Stats: 310.0/302.2/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Nat---When I was on Atkins 3 years ago and lost a lot of weight, I had trouble reading some of the posts because people are so different in how they write. I find that true here too. So I just try to read each post with a "grain of salt" and not be offended by it.

Some people write gently, some people write direct to the point. Both kinds of people care, and that's the important thing.

Also, we don't always realize our posts may come off as harsher than what we intended, because we're passionate about seeing people succeed.

I hope you stay on and keep posting. Many people here want to help you stay on plan!!
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 12:35

Plan: Low Carb/Gluten Free/IF
Stats: 310.0/302.2/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 5%

This is so funny---when I just posted---the little ad at the bottom of the screen was for Baskin-Robbins, asking what would you do with a year's supply of chocolate ice cream?

That shouldn't be allowed on this site!!
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 12:37
The Best Me I Can Be

Stats: 190/135.5/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 91%

Hi Natgab06, how are you doing today. This is a new day, is there anything concerning you about this way of eating? I am also a newbe here, but not to the diet. I would love to help if I can. Did you see the recipe I posted for a quick & easy breakfast? I learned that during induction, the best thing is to not let yourself get hungry. It helps to eat lots of fat and protein. Just because it's breakfast, doen't mean you can't eat it for lunch also. I love them, they are a lifesaver and a timesaver.

Enjoy your baby, don't worry about getting to the forum, it will always be here waiting on you. I think some people were just eager to help you. I for one would like to help. Sometimes it is hard to read a post, because typing does not reflect a person's emotion and tone. I can honestly say, I meant nothing by inquiring about a previous post. Let's just put everything behind us and start over....

Hi, My name is Huney'sgurl, I'm a carboholic...my last carbfeast was 32 days ago. How can I help you today?
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 14:08
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Off Topic:I tried to send this via private messaging, but Angie is not accepting pm's.

Hi Angie:

Quote:
Here you go Kay, I think this will help with your thread subscriptions. I know this has nothing to do with this thread, didn't know where else to put it.

Thanks for the information. I must have deliberately disabled that feature a long time ago, and don't think I want to enable it....I just wanted to make it clear that Nat might have a justifiable reason for not getting back to the thread right away.

I appreciate your input---for a bit there I thought that I was losing my mind.

By the way, congratulations on your weight loss so far. You're doing really well!

Take care,
Kay
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Feb-02-07, 14:18

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

I go to quick links in the green strip at the top, click on that and then go down to subscribed threads. It will take me to all the threads that I've posted to. I also go to "new Posts" under quick links to find the latest posts on all threads except journals.

It has been said here many times that we cannot see facial expressions or hear voice inflections that help us understand how people are talking. Sometimes I find ones that are a little abrupt (or a lot) but mostly they are just trying to help. Sometimes the smilies help deflect any rudeness when we understand that they are not trying to be that way.