Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 14:24
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/153/148.8 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yes please do start a thread with the tips....I almost logged on last night cause mine weren't getting fluffy and then I changed from using my hand blender to a mixer and it made a big difference. Then I couldn't figure out at what point to add the cream cheese from the recipe posted.

I ended up adding the salt to the egg yolks and then folded it into the egg whites mixture, I did microwave the cream cheese for about 15 seconds and then I mixed it in, next batch I will do what you are doing.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 14:47
Sugar Free & Sober!

Plan: Atkins/maintenance
Stats: 186/155/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I just made some. They sure dont look like the picture. I think I spread mine to thin. I will still try them with my turkey tonight. I havent had a sandwich in over a month....I cant wait till suppertime. The next batch I will leave them puffy on the cookie sheet and see how that works.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 14:49
Think Pink

Plan: ♥Calorie Counting
Stats: 265/195/175 Female 5' 10"
BF: a few
Progress: 78%

I have a batch in the oven right now. I've used all ingredients right out of the fridge and mine look exactly like pictured. I blend with a hand mixer the egg yolks, cream cheese and salt. Oh, and I've also used sour cream instead of the cream cheese and it tasted exactly the same. Although I think the mix wasn't as fluffy. They are way way better the second day. I just had chicken salad on one and can't believe how it actually looks like bread inside? Tomorrow will be egg, taylor ham and cheese on them. OMG - these are so awesome!! I also, like Elle, have been cooking mine for a full hour on 300 degrees. They came out way better this way.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 14:52
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

Even if they spread out, they should taste fine. Make sure you beat the egg whites very stiff, do not over-fold. Don't flatten them on the cookie sheet, just pile them up. 2 or 3 piled dollops piled on top of each other work better than 1 large plop. But I've read that some people flatten them intentionally, then use 2 for hamburger or sandwiches, so they should be fine.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 16:26
Always Shining

Stats: 363.3/332.6/145 Female 5'7"
BF:'fraid so...
Progress: 14%

These sound great! I can't wait to try them!
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 16:54

Stats: 180/143/125 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 67%

Holy cow, I just had two with cinnamon butter and splenda. YUM-O! I may have two more before bed.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 20:54

Stats: 175.0/132.2/135.0 Female 5'6"
BF:less than before!
Progress: 107%

I could hardly wait to eat one this morning, and I have to tell you all, these are absolutely amazing! I took one to work to show our cook as we have a few patients with celiac disease and think they would be absolutely wonderful instead of that horrid gluten-free bread they use. I did not like the mock danish recipe here, so I was hesitant to try these, but these have no eggy texture and are so versitle too. Thanks for drawing attention to these Elle.
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 21:01

Stats: 175.0/132.2/135.0 Female 5'6"
BF:less than before!
Progress: 107%

Just wondering.... would these freeze well? Anyone tried to freeze them?
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Jan-16-07, 21:52

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 230/150/165 Female 69 inches
BF:22% (calipers)
Progress: 123%

I made some at the weekend and they looked just like the picture. They were OK straight out the oven and good later after chilling in the fridge. No eggy taste at all. They are great with butter and vegemite (a strange NZ/Aus spread made from yeast extract). Yum. I just finished the last one. Oh. No.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 05:40
Think Pink

Plan: ♥Calorie Counting
Stats: 265/195/175 Female 5' 10"
BF: a few
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily30
Just wondering.... would these freeze well? Anyone tried to freeze them?

Emily - I wondered this too - ANYONE?????
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 08:12
Registered Member

I did read on a link somewhere that they can be frozen successfully.
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 08:24
Registered Member

Stats: 210/176/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 57%

Tried the rev rolls last night. DON'T eat them right away, they do not taste good. I let them sit overnight in the fridge and the flavor changed for the best. I took the rolls and made a turkey "sandwich" for lunch with mayo, lettuce and cheese. I've done lc for 4 years so this really adds some variety to the diet. I don't know why I didn't try these before!
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 12:00
Registered Member

I've tried to tell people over and over again NOT to eat them before chilling for 8 hours in a zip-loc bag.

Today I had a bacon and egg and mayo sandwich. It was yummy.
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 12:11

Plan: Low GI
Stats: 195/162/155 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 83%

Yippee! I made them, they look great! They are in the fridge with holes in the bag so they don't get soggy! just like ElleH said! I'm so excited! I'm the one who didn't know what fold meant in cooking! And I seemed to have done a good job ~ it!
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Jan-17-07, 12:29
Registered Member

Stats: 153/153/148.8 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Okay I am addicted to these. I made a batch on Monday night and only have 3 more left. I ate one yesterday morning with bacon, eggs and cheese and it was good.

Last night I had one of them just plain out of the fridge (had munchies before dinner) and it is good not eggy at all.

Last night I wanted to make them with cinnamon, butter and splenda for dessert and when I looked in my spice cabinet I only had cinnamon sugar , this morning I stopped on my way into work and picked up cinnamon and had 3 of them with cinnamon, splenda and butter and OMG I felt like I was eating french toast. These things are awesome.

I was going to try the mock danish soon but think I will stick with these for a while, they are very versitile in ways you can eat them and they are great.

If you haven't tried them yet it is a MUST!