Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 14:55
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

Whew! *shakes head* There's gonna be a whole lotta experimenting going on in my kitchen.

So you find the notStarch better for replacing gluten...that's important news to me since I can't do gluten at all, and nut flours really lack that nice texture. I have a lot to learn about all this stuff, but it's fun! Reccommend any good resources, other than playing around and trying things out?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 16:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Good resources?

Recipes here in the LowCarb Kitchen forums, right here, categorized. Also the Kitchen Talk forum there. I'm having a lot of fun right now with an older recipe, simple but effective, keep an eye out for the Protein Powder Donut Holes thread.

Karen Barnaby's excellent recipes, right off the green toolbar at the top of the page. For straight-up simple but fabulous dishes (she doesn't use a lot of specialty ingredients, but heck, I don't use them everyday either). Our original older T&T Readers' Recipes (pre-forum and mostly pre specialty ingredients, again) that still have some excellent things that will teach you about LC cooking.

Recipes over in the lowcarbfriends.com forums, especially the Recipe Help & Suggestions forum, with it's linked Recipe Forum Sticky Threads (most popular). There's a whole Recipe Room of interesting recipes, but they are MOSTLY older stuff, don't use these "newer" ingredients as much, though it's interesting reading and useful re techniques.

These were all (and still are) foundational for me in my cooking LC journey.

Hope they're helpful for you, too. It's certainly plenty to go on, I would think.

#33   ^
Old Thu, Feb-15-07, 16:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

I had a scout through your blog, by the way. I DO believe we've read most of the same material!

I, too, am fascinated by food and its adjuncts of nutrition, cookery, flavours, etc.