Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 05:45

Plan: M&E
Stats: 159/118.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:Clueless
Progress: 104%

Donna, can you get the Davinci syrups out West? I've never been able to find them here in the Maritimes.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 06:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

There is a mock danish stovetop recipe somewhere that I love even better. I think its the texture I like better...I put berries and raspberry davinics on top....or cinnamon and splenda with a dash of nutmeg....or s/f pancake syrup.....yumyumyum!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 13:10

Stats: 175/145/135 Female 5'4
BF:idunno
Progress: 75%

Mna, I dont know if you ladies know this, but when I used to make it in the morning (for the past 2 times -mind you), I just put every ingredients together and mixed it. But today, I decided to mix the soft cream cheese and the splenda together, then the vanilla, then the egg, then the cocoa. Its SOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER! Its not clumpy or anything. It came out more of the bread pudding texture, rather than the spongy cake. YYYUUUMMMM For those who doesnt like the cream cheese (somewhat saltiness), you should try it this way -if you havent already.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 15:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/130 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Lady808--Yes, it does make a difference. Try mixing the cream cheese, vanilla and splenda. THEN, add the cocoa and blend well until you have creamy chocolate cream cheese. THEN add the egg and mix it until it is smooth. It makes it more consistent and cake-like. I prob use more cocoa than most people so I started making it this way. With the cream cheese icing--this has definitely become my favorite treat.
What a way to start the day!
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 15:38

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that tomorrow.

Now, I know what people are talking about, when they talk about the mock danish. WOW! What a find!
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Mar-01-06, 16:32

Plan: Atkins, M&E
Stats: 297/289/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

RedJodi - I usually pick up some Torani syrup when I am in Edmonton, I can get it at almost any Second Cup coffee shop. Usually the flavors are limited though, just what people like in coffee. I just found out yesterday that our local health shop can order it in for $16 a bottle. I have never ordered on line because I am afraid of the shipping costs. Canada Post has nasty prices.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 02:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/172/140 Female 5.8
BF:
Progress: 54%

oh im so excited off to look for the mock danish recipe as i'm new here!!
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 06:12

Plan: M&E
Stats: 159/118.5/120 Female 5'4"
BF:Clueless
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna I.
Canada Post has nasty prices.

Don't I know it! I'll have to pop in to Second Cup the next time I'm in the mall. Thanks!
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 09:46

Stats: 204/148.6/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%

The chocolate danish (essentially, chocolate custard) is by far my favorite. I leave it goopy in the middle and eat it HOT. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Jen
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 12:55

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunrise02
Lady808--Yes, it does make a difference. Try mixing the cream cheese, vanilla and splenda. THEN, add the cocoa and blend well until you have creamy chocolate cream cheese. THEN add the egg and mix it until it is smooth. It makes it more consistent and cake-like. I prob use more cocoa than most people so I started making it this way. With the cream cheese icing--this has definitely become my favorite treat.
What a way to start the day!

Wow! OMG! Just made it this morning! PERFECTION! Awesome, awesome, awesome. I need to buy more cream cheese!
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 21:43
Registered Member

Plan: IF/Atkins/Anchell
Stats: 225/225/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I tried the pancake thingies this morning and they were good, flat but good. I folded them over and stuffed them with more cream cheese and it helped a lot. I also tried the danish again tonight. The first time I had it a while ago it just tasted like sweet eggs to me. I kinda liked them this time though, I put a tsp of sugar free strawberry jelly in the middle and cooked it that way. When my husband got home from work I made him one, only this time I only used 1 egg instead of 2 and didnt mix it quite so thoroughly and it was much much better. Little globs of cream cheese throughout...yummy.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Mar-02-06, 22:47

Stats: 140/118/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 110%

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxgluvs
You know, when I saw that recipe for pancakes I didn't believe it would be any good because it seems too simple, but I have to tell you, they are the best kind of substitute pancake I have ever tasted! They taste SO authentic!!
Let us know if you try them and if you think they are the best like I do!

YUM!!! I just had em for dinner LOL! I made two batches..each using 3 oz of cream cheese. However, in my second batch I added two tablespoons of Almond flour just to see how the consistency would be. I actually really liked it!
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Mar-03-06, 09:38

Plan: My plan
Stats: 212/190/180 Female 62"
BF:go/n/down
Progress: 69%

I had it last night and this morning.
I must stress that for the best results to mix the cream cheese and sweetner first then add you egg(as sunrise02 wrote). Adding equal amounts of the cheese and egg also helps. About 2oz. to 1 egg.
Aaaaand make sure to put your micro on a lower power level.
This has worked for me! You think I could just live off of mock danish and still lose weight?
Another great topping for the danish is SF whipped cream.
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 00:06

Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberwolf
Yum. I think I need a banana nut mock danish in the morning...

I made this for breakfast this morning and it was quite good. Just a splash of banana extract & a few walnuts! I didn't realize I had missed my banana nut muffins that much....I wanted another one after I had finished.
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Mar-04-06, 10:45

Plan: Atkins/Callanetics
Stats: 168/157/110 Female 5'2"
BF:Sz16/sz14/sz6
Progress: 19%

WOW! I FINALLY got around to trying the mock danish this morning....Why in the world did I wait SO long to do it?!?!?! It is WONDERFUL! It just hadn't sounded all that appetizing to me before, but since I fell off the Atkins Wagon and am now (painfully) climbing back on, I've decided I need to be more adventurous this time so I don't get bored and fall back off again. I just need to bookmark that recipe area of this site. Has lots of good thing on it!