Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 08:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/245/155 Female 66
BF:
Progress: -7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincey
Hi, I read your posting and was amazed that we have that in common. Many times when I am getting close to making significant progress, I would do something to sabotage my getting there. I always would question what I would do once there is nothing left to work on? Funny as that sounds. Point is, its a big step to acomplishing anything these days. Keep it up you will be fine.

Quincey

It really is, isn't it? I am going to kep on keeping on with this. Maybe I will just have to find something else to improve with myself once I am good with the health and weight. Maybe that is what life is really about, a continuation of improvement or something...
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 10:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 147/130/128 Female 5 foot 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 89%

I had a similar "feeling" to what you experienced but with something else . I was Ed since I was very young. I finally decided to truly give it up, work hard at be healthy.My hair, my skin , my body , my energy my overall health mentally and physically was so so much better.I was "happy" and healthy yet I felt strangly a mourning of some type getting used to a life that did not requre an ED to use as a coping mechanism and a safety net...and I realized all those years of having an ED I focused on that and not dealing with the other issues...now I was healthy and HAD to deal with the other issues...it was scary and part of me wanted the comfort of my old self..you might relate your higher weight with a form of comfort and trading that in for the unknown can make us feel overwhelmed....just know it is a process and one day you will look back and be happy with all that you have accomplished ...
Peace & Blessings to you
Laura
  #33   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 06:47

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC123
I had a similar "feeling" to what you experienced but with something else . I was Ed since I was very young. I finally decided to truly give it up, work hard at be healthy.My hair, my skin , my body , my energy my overall health mentally and physically was so so much better.I was "happy" and healthy yet I felt strangly a mourning of some type getting used to a life that did not requre an ED to use as a coping mechanism and a safety net...and I realized all those years of having an ED I focused on that and not dealing with the other issues...now I was healthy and HAD to deal with the other issues...it was scary and part of me wanted the comfort of my old self..you might relate your higher weight with a form of comfort and trading that in for the unknown can make us feel overwhelmed....just know it is a process and one day you will look back and be happy with all that you have accomplished ...
Peace & Blessings to you
Laura

Laura, thank you. I'm feeling a relation to what you said and I think I should explore that further. Lately, I have been learning a lot of new things about myself... some of them I embrace and others I cringe at the thought of...
  #34   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 19:21

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 198.3/178.7/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nka
oh, btw, I posted pics of the new outfit in my gallery. They are kind of fuzzy at the face but oh well it shows the outfit. I am thinking of wearing it to a meeting with a big wig real estate owner in NYC on the 24th when my boss is in town. I don't know if it is appropriate or not, though. I never do the power suit thing so I thought that the outfit was better than my usual black stretchy pants and suit jacket.

I have read through this thread, and I know what you mean. I have been at goal for about 7 mos now and I still have a skewed view of myself. I guess it just takes time...

BTW - Has anyone ever told you that you favor Rose McGowan?
  #35   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 12:11

BF:

I have been told I look like her, Liv Tyler and a few other people who don't come to mind right now. I think it just depends on the lighting and what color I'm wearing. I have hazel green eyes but they turn brown and blue a lot. It really does make a difference in appearance.

I can't wait to hit goal but at the same time I wonder how long I will feel odd about not being fat anymore.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 14:17

BF:

It is kinda weird. I still feel a little comfort when I feel my belly. It's not flat, but it's smaller than it used to be in proportion to how I'm smaller than I used to be. There is a good fiction book out there that I have read over and over that is relatable to this. It's called "Jemima J" by Jane Green. That is a link to it on Amazon. I don't like the review that they put on there - don't agree with it being a "tired" book. I loved it!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 10:48

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfallon
It is kinda weird. I still feel a little comfort when I feel my belly. It's not flat, but it's smaller than it used to be in proportion to how I'm smaller than I used to be. There is a good fiction book out there that I have read over and over that is relatable to this. It's called "Jemima J" by Jane Green. That is a link to it on Amazon. I don't like the review that they put on there - don't agree with it being a "tired" book. I loved it!

There are a slew of rotten reviews for the book but to be honest, I found them humorous, LOL! I will check and see if they have it at the library. Thanks!
  #38   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 10:50

BF:

By the way, your before and after pics are truly amazing.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, May-22-05, 16:27

BF:

Re: Jemima J - I have read this book so many times I can't count. I also have all of her other books except for the latest one. It's a good read. It's light and funny, and for all of us, it's very relatable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nka
By the way, your before and after pics are truly amazing.
THANKS!!!