Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-04, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: Metabolic Surge
Stats: 170/139/? Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

tigeroo,

At 40, you're still young. Your skin should improve a lot over the next year - I was ready for a boob job when I first lost the weight because they had shrunk so much I had skin bags, but the skin has really tightened up a lot over the last year. Exercise helps, fats and protein and vitamins E, A, and probably a bunch of others help, fish oil and glutamine help, and tincture of time helps. I did NOT, however, lose as much weight as you did - you folks with 100+ lb weight losses truly blow my mind. Your skin will continue to improve over time, but it can really take a while to catch up with the rest of you. Packing some muscle into it sure helps, though hey?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-04, 17:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/144/135 Female 5 ft. 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Yes, putting on some muscle has really helped. I lost most of the weight over a 18 month period of time. I started exercising and trying to lift a little as well as walking right from the start. I know this helped. Actually I lost weight from the top first and the rest. Now that I think about it, I have firmed up the most from the top up as well...ha ha ha. Never really thought about it that way. My upperbody is where I have firmed up and where I have shown some of my best muscle gains. My middle and lower body are where the slowdown is, both with firming and muscle building. Although, my calves have remained the most definition all along. I just get very frustrated at the slow pace and the way I am having to do so much trial and error with my eating plan now. You know, eat enough to keep working hard, but not so much as to gain. I am in premaintainence and I believe this is the hardest thing yet...ha ha ha.... I guess I should expect another 18 months to get the maintainence thing right too? Thanks again for the reassurances. I am still so new to all this.

Tigeroo