Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: What brings you motivation?
Seing results of weight loss (size, scale, muscle, etc) 86 68.80%
Feeling healthier 40 32.00%
Compliments 34 27.20%
Reaching mini-goals 19 15.20%
Learning about success stories 21 16.80%
Rewards 4 3.20%
Other source of motivation (please post to explain) 9 7.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

#31   ^
Old Thu, Oct-28-04, 01:45
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 124/126.5/110 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: -18%

No longer being controlled by food is my motivation. It's truly a great feeling, and as soon as I cheat, I feel horrible physically, and mentally.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Nov-13-04, 07:01

Plan: LC combo
Stats: 223/211/150 Female 5ft.4in.
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Motivation

This year, I became a parent. My daughter (the still sleeping infant Goa'uld) is a toddler and she has more energy than I know how to channel! I had already dropped 40 pounds but I've at a plateau. In one way, it's good. I couldn't afford to replace my wardrobe again. On the other hand, this weight loss gives me more energy and confidence to keep up with her. Mu husband is also very supportive and will chide me if I start to get something that is not on the allergists's plan (not often because I feel like a train wreck if I do). So I've started walking three times a week and I see ebenfits to my personal health but I also see a mom who will be able to keep up with her daughter (and possibly another toddler next year).
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Nov-17-04, 15:30
On my way to 200's

Plan: high protein low carb
Stats: 372.6/358/250 Female 5'5
BF:I've got that!
Progress: 12%

all of the above, but compliments are one of the best ways
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 22:26
Registered Member

Plan: Eat Yourself Slim
Stats: 165/155/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

We're planning a child. We want to start trying this fall. I remember being so miserable last time I was pg, I threw up daily for 6 months, kept having gallbladder attacks and I swelled up so bad.... I went to acupuncture and took herbs and homeopathy on my midwife's advice. I was told I had an intoxicated liver to start with. So this time I want to plan ahead and make sure I am healthy and trim so my body can take the challenge of a 4th pregnancy. That's my major motivation (along with being thin and light and loving the way that feels).

Good luck
-Anne
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 23:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/295.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: -3%
Default motivation

hmm. One of my motivations is my future. I'm graduating from college in May & I kinda want to start my "adult" life in good health. Plus one of my dreams for the last 5 years (yes it took me 5 years) is to go to culinary school. I know people say to never trust a skinny chef, but I don't care, I want to be thin enough to eat whatever I want w/in reason.
BAM
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Dec-14-04, 23:43

Plan: atkins/warrior
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%
Talking motivation

for me it is divided between the compliments i get when the loss becomes noticeable, and my clothes finally fitting. I get into such a depression when my weight is up and i think it causes me to not see myself accurately. So it usually isn't until others comment that i believe what the scale is telling me.