Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 06:18

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 298/270/150 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

Hi Everyone!!!

Today I am restarting again!!! For the past 4 weeks I have been working out at the Y at least five days a week - spinning, free weight, and toning classes, and days that I do not have a class I do all the weight machines and at least 30 minutes on the treadmill!!! After my workouts I swim with my son for about an hour. After each workout sweat is pouring out everywhere, but for some reason I have but on 8 lbs!!! I know it is not Tom (that was last week). I just do not understand!?!? I have not been really great about low carb - yet I have not gone crazy either. Any suggessions?

Thank You,

Jill

Angie...184
Anne..199
Annie..163
CindyLynn....160
Dawn...222
Janice..227
Jill..248
Maureen..241
Megan 170
Mossling..275.6
Nancy… 205
Nikki_D..182
Sheila..183.5
Terry...229
Zuleka..171
Jody ... 196
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 07:49
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Fish: Hun.. with all that exercise, you are building MUSCLE.. (muscle weighs more than fat!) look out Popeye!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/223/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Welcome all the new ones to this challenge. It does help keep you on this woe.
Shiela sorry but can't think of anything for the 4 h project except growing something, maybe try the net and search for 4 h projects.
Jill, I also have been exercising everyday and haven't lost any weight, sometimes I am up one lb. But I have been losing inches. So it has got to be muscle building.
Dawn great article on water consumption.
Have a good week
angie
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:24

Plan: Atkins/Duodenal Switch
Stats: 344/165/148 Female 65"  (inches) 5'5"
BF:falllingfast
Progress: 91%

Angie...184
Anne..199
Annie..163
CindyLynn....160
Dawn...222
Janice..227
Jill..248
Maureen..241
Megan 170
Mossling..275.6
Nancy… 205
Nikki_D..182
Sheila..183.5
Terry...229
Zuleka..171
Jody ... 196
Jessie...213

I actually started the month with a 7 pounds gain fro a week off the LC way and I am NOT counting it since it only took me 4 days to see this 213 again...lol it must have been mostly water I guess.... ANYWAY..I would imagine you all understand.

Nice to be back!
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:25

oh man JILL..you have gained muscle I am SURE you ahve shrunk...lol I SOOOOOO pray for ammiracle in that somehow we'll end up with Y memberships...lol okay that wont happen but hey...I keep hoping!
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 11:51
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieK
Dawn great article on water consumption.

You are very welcome, It is a portion of some of the stuff I share w/ my clients..so I had it ready to mostly copy and paste..
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 12:36

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Welcome, Tex Lady and JoLynn! Welcome to Jamie, too! I hope I got your names right!

I see a lot of support here in our weaknesses and struggles. This is the place to come!

Wow the Tuscanna recipe sounds great! Thanks, Maureen.

I am still really struggling. I am so tired. Not complaining, I'm just soooo tired and wanting to eat anything. But I'm not going to ruin what I've worked 11 months to achieve.

For the friend here who said she might as well eat anything because she had blown it, don't do it. It will only add to the guilt you don't need to carry. You can do it. Youc an stay away from the chips. It isn't easy but you can do it. If I can, you can. Think how much more stronger you'll feel by saying "No".

I miss Heather and Nat. has anyone heard from them? Nat sent me her special spice mixture. Wow, that lady should get her cookbook printed soon. I'll be the first person in line to buy it.

Sheila, what does your daughter enjoy doing? IF she wants a hands-on project, how about carving a little hole into potatoes. Put a little potting soil in. Add a tomato plant. It saves space in the garden, growing tomatoes and potatoes at the same time. Kids love doing that. She could also get a fish and paint the side of it. Then press it against paper. It makes a pretty picture. Kids love doing stuff like that--just plug your nose!

Jessie hon you hang in there. You are one remarkable woman.

Jill and Angie we will see you in the 2004 Olympics if you keep up the swimming and working out.
Hugs to you all, thanks for holding me accountable. Dawn thanks for the water info!
Love you all.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 13:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

Annie: my daughter loves anything that has to do with animals but they wont let her take one to school. I like the idea with the potato and tomato but she doesnt have time for one to start growing to show it off. I might try that one in my own garden.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 13:32

BF:

Sheila
How about having a dog groomer come in and give a demo on one of your animals? She could write a thank you note as part of her project.

Or have a 4-H guide dog trainees come in and give a demo? Just brainstorming on things we've done with our exchange student groups.
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 16:08

WOW...Annie is FULL of ideas!!! very cool! I feel kinda tapped out currently..mentally exhausted...lol I've been trying to put all my creativity into sewing (posted pics of 2 dresses I just made my daughter in my journal)..I have to make 4 more dresses to sell (have 2 made) and 6 T-shirts for little boys then my friend who makes diapers is going to make them "sets" lol and hopefully sell them at a baby expo...I am doing my own expo type thing too in April and dont see how I can make enough for 2 of them from now until then...lol oh well I will keep on trying!

The kids and I played hard outside today--first exercise I've had in a while...lol
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 17:21

Plan: WW Core/South Beach
Stats: 245.6/211.9/160 Female 4' 11"
BF:32.6
Progress: 39%

Annie I am here girlfriend.
Glad you got the spice okay, was worried about it cause it went in the thenk you card. LOL

Annie had some wonderful ideas there for the 4-H. Love your brain storming!

I have seen small plants in a open vase with bare roots in the water and then a fighting fish in the water. I want to do this for myself cause I think it is really a cool way to display the fish as well as the plant. Where I get my hair done has one set up and it is really neat.

hugz
Nancy
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 19:40

BF:

Hmmmm I've never heard of them as fighting fish, although if you put 2 Betas together you'll either have fishbait or fighting fish!

I just cleaned our fish's home this morning!
He has lived a long time, almost 2 years. I just use the PUR water from our filter and he is a fine camper. Fish are awkward, they don't do anything like sit by your feet or get their wet nose in your hand to pet them (eeewwwww), and they don't rub against our legs like the cats do. They just...sit there. Ours is on the window sill where he can see out. It's fun. Well, it is for me. Don't know about him!

Jess glad you got outside. It is a good day to be out!
Fresh air does wonders!
Annie
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 23:26

ok all you need to go to your local grocery store and look for the Carb Option products. Boy are they good. I have so far used the Carb Option Garden Style Sauce made by Ragu in my eggplant lasagna and was it wonderful. Tonight use the Carb Options Teriyaki marinade with only 1 carb per tablespoon. My Tri tip of beef was so good. Also bought the Italian marinade and steak sauce. We are in hug heaven here. Did look at the Carb Option peanut butter made my Skippy and it looked pretty good too but I have lots of natural peanut butter that I got at Costco. Didn't see the Whipped Dressing but then wasn't really looking for it cause I really perfer Mayo over a lot of other dressings.

The stores are also pushing the Atkins products big time too and that is nice to see. Of all the ice creams the ones I perfer are by Bryers and it is the Carbs Smart products. The Carb Smart ice crem or fudge bars are by klondike and they are good too. Heck they even have the Russelll Stover low carb mint patties andtoffee squares. Didn't buy them at all didn't even look at them or I would of. <S>

Can't belive how they are pushing the low carbohydrates here in this little town. Heck I think I have gone to the big city to do my shopping. lol

hugz
Nancy
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 23:29

Quote:
Hmmmm I've never heard of them as fighting fish, although if you put 2 Betas together you'll either have fishbait or fighting fish!

Yes Annie they are Betas and we have always called them fighting fish cause you can't put in the same tank together. But I would like to get a plant and try and set that up.
hugz
Nancy

Last edited by Nat490 : Fri, Mar-05-04 at 02:49.
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Mar-05-04, 05:39
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat490
Yes Annie they are Betas and we have always called them fighting fish cause you can't put in the same tank together. But I would like to get a plant and try and set that up.
hugz
Nancy

its not hard to set up, last time I looked they had the instructions back in the craft dept at walmart and you can get everything there too