Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: What is your CCLL?
Below 15g a day 20 6.06%
15g - 20g a day 54 16.36%
20g - 25g a day 56 16.97%
25g - 30g a day 46 13.94%
30g - 40g a day 30 9.09%
40g - 50g a day 15 4.55%
50 - 60g a day 9 2.73%
Over 60g but below 100g a day 20 6.06%
I don't know my CCLL. 80 24.24%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

#31   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 03:18

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

After reading so many post which say things like "I'm just starting my 4th week of induction" it's no wonder so many people don't know their CCLL!

I think OWL is an important preparation for this diet becomming a wol, people should discover their CCLL and enjoy the freedom this gives them.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 07:31
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

When I was on Atkins I raised the carb levels as he recommends in the book. I lost easily on 30/day, less easily on 60, but I was still losing--albeit slowly--when I switched to BFL. On my LC version of BFL, I can go up to 100 carbs/day and still lose about 1.5 lbs per week (although it sometimes doesn't show on the scale, it always shows in my clothes).
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 08:52

Plan: DANDR
Stats: 191/153/145 Female 66.5
BF:
Progress: 83%

Great thread! I am a turtle and have been from the very first week of a "clean" induction period. I never expected to be able to take in a lot of carbs. I can't go over 20. But "H" lost fast and I thought he would be able to to have a pretty high CCLL...but he also stalls out and starts to gain if he goes over 25! He is at his goal weight and I have about 17 lbs more to go. I'm really not complaining, though. We eat well, and "healthy". Hopefully, when the weather gets better and stays that way, we will be more active and be able to up the carbs.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 11:47

Plan: The Real Human Diet
Stats: 225/165/180 Male 5'8"
BF:?/?/8.6%
Progress: 133%

I have always believed that the more weight a person needs to lose, the quicker it comes off. And conversely, the less a person needs to lose, the slower it comes off. So, as we lose weight and get closer to our goals the rate of loss will slow down. Anybody care to comment?
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 17:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/117/125 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 110%

My CCLL seems to be from 20 to 25. When over 25, I don't lose.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 14:32

Plan: Undecided atm
Stats: 162/000/115 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 345%

I am not sure what my CCLL is, I was in OWL when I found out I was pregnant so jumped straight to maint. phase but I was at 60 to 75 carbs a day with no exercise at all and still losing.

Jenn
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 14:58
Registered Member

Stats: 263.5/270/160 Female 69
BF:
Progress: -6%

I try to hang out around 25g per day. Sometimes I go as low as 10, but then the next day I don't feel so good. I also get very cranky when I am too low. I am with "wigglers", but my wiggle room is about 22 to 27. But you gotta wiggle sometimes. ;-)
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 15:02
Registered Member

Stats: 263.5/270/160 Female 69
BF:
Progress: -6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL53563
I have always believed that the more weight a person needs to lose, the quicker it comes off. And conversely, the less a person needs to lose, the slower it comes off. So, as we lose weight and get closer to our goals the rate of loss will slow down. Anybody care to comment?

JL3563 I agree with you. My friends who only have about 15-20lbs to lose are going slowwwwwlllyyyy. They are all a bit annoyed that after 2 weeks I lost 8lbs (I regained 2 this weekend).
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 16:32

Plan: shangri-la/lowcarb
Stats: 185/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter
Actually figuring it out sounds rather time consuming and difficult for me. As it is, I lose my weight in "chunks"... nothing for a week or 10 days (sometimes more), then 2, 3, even 5 pounds in 2 days. Trying to figure out whether or not I'm slowing down would be a SLOW process. Wynter

I am so glad I read this I thought I was the only one that lost in chunks. My loss comes in around 3 week intervals. I try to keep it at 15 to 20 so I don't run into the hidden carb problem.
Pat S.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 18:08

Stats: 297.5/272.5/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%

????? Who knows!
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 18:09

Plan: Paleo-Neander
Stats: 178/173/125 Female 5.6 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%

20 or less will be mine, I bet?, I am new

But when people write 60 to 100 WOW!!!
I wonder if someone had CCL as low as 30 and with exercise and loosing the weight got a CCL of 90? How "hi" can we go once we are more healthy?
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 18:19
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 312/159.5/150 Female 64 inches
BF:34
Progress: 94%
Cool

i am doing lean for life, and my ccl is around 125 after subtracting net carbs. i eat fruit at least twice a day, and also have milk and cereal.....hoping i can reach goal in the next coupla months .
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 18:42

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%

Very interesting stuff!
I never could figure my CCLL out, it seems my weight comes off when it wants to (but usually not!) I have lost weight at around 100 carbs but have to be eating "lowfat" (only fats consumed are fish and leaner meats and a little olive oil) and exercising regularily (6 days week, 3 days cardio and 3 days weight training). But no matter what I do anymore I have to really watch calories or I don't lose an ounce! I'm one of those lucky ones.
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 19:15

Stats: 148.5/137/130 Female 64 in
BF:27.2
Progress: 62%

My ccll is at 30. For awhile it was at 25 whenever I tried to up it to 30 it didn't work after about 6-8 weeks it went up to 30. I don't do cardio I am waiting for the doctor to tell me when I can start hopefully this week. When he does release me I plan to start using my weight again also then maybe eventually my CCLL will go up. The ones who can lose at 50 or more make me very jealous. If mine were that high I would be in hog heaven, I wouldn't know what to eat. I was thinking before this poll that I must be at the below average ccll but now I see that I am actually average and it does make me feel better. Not so deprived.
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Apr-12-04, 20:48

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I am still working on OWL...so have chosen not to answer the poll yet. Right now I'm at 30-35 carbs per day. I have been 'stuck' since two days before adding in nuts daily, so I'm not sure if it's the nuts stalling me or the 35 carbs. All indications in fitday point to it being the nuts and not the carbs...but it will take me some time to figure it out. I haven't had nuts for two days and am trying to get as close to 35 carbs as I can so I'll know if it's the nuts or the carbs. I plan to answer the poll when I do get to my CCLL.

OWL has been pretty stressful for me, but like RCFLetcher said, this is going to be a way of life for me, so I want to take the time and effort now to learn about what I can handle on the way to my goal. It will make pre-maintenance and maintenance that much easier.

I am under the impression based on reading DANDR that one can expect that their carb limits will rise as one moves through OWL and pre-maintenance and gets closer to goal and then on into maintenance. Add to that the exercise and there is still hope, RCFletcher!

I would be interested in knowing how long people have stayed at a certain carb amount before they decided that it was too much and moved back. It seems to me that one would need to stay there at least a week or two before knowing for sure if that's their CCLL. (and for those who lose in chunks it would be even longer) I mean, I wonder how many people raised their carbs and gained a lb. or two within a day or two and then got scared and backed down. To me, this would not be an indication that you were necessarily getting too many carbs. Just like in the 3rd week many people don't lose, it's possible that our bodies just need to get used to the raise in carb levels. Just a thought I've had. I've been adding new items 3x per week at a 5 gram increment every day. Then the next week I'll include the food every day at the same carb level. So I'm giving myself two weeks at a new carb level. I was still loosing at 35 grams carbs until I added the nuts every day...so I have high hopes.

Very interesting thread....I'm not surprised that so many people don't know their CCLL, and wonder how many gave an answer that was just their "comfort" level of carbs.