Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jun-27-03, 00:38

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Just out of curiosity, I plugged the numbers into the Hidden Carb Calculator... Hopefully, this will paste OK:

Hidden Carbs Calculator
Stated Label Information
Calories 61
Fat 0.11g
Protein 5.4g
Carbohydrates 9g
Fiber 4 g

Calculated Information
Carbohydrates factor 3.93536
Fat factor 8.71369
Protein factor 3.84297
Actual Carb count 9.98 g <----- is this the important one?
Difference by weigh 0.98 g

So it is actually 1 gram more than what the label states? Would still be 6 net carbs per slice, not too bad?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 132/120/115
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default Lakeview bread

I would love to have the last 2 if they'r still available!
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 14:56

BF:

Ophelia,

IslandGirl (Judi) ordered 3 which are still in my freezer. I don't know if or when she will pick them up, but I'd suggest you contact her (PM cos she has no journal) and ask if she will give 1 or more up to you. I think she opted for the last 1 just to get on with the order.. which is funny cos, as I said, they are still here in New West waiting for her.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 17:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanyyy
...I don't know if or when she will pick them up, .... I think she opted for the last 1 just to get on with the order.. which is funny cos, as I said, they are still here in New West waiting for her.

True, I did opt for the last one just to get the order on the move; unfortunately you had a cold and I had a timing problem on the one day I was on the mainland...not THAT funny. Now, if you could come over here on the grotesquely expensive ferries, that would be handy

Jeanny, I've offered Ophelia the 3rd loaf, you & she can make arrangements. I'm on the mainland (and on the run again) on the 13th...should be plenty of time to figure out a meeting place. I'd also like to make a run thru Richmond and get some Shirataki/Tofu noodles. Want to meet near the T&T market?
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 22:06

BF:

Yeah, I could do that, Judi.. let me know where it is, though, cos I know there are two in Richmond. There's a place called New Town Bakery & Restaurant [6360 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC V6Y2B3 (604) 270-2889] that I want to check out. I heard ages ago that they have pork rinds in bulk there. Not that I'm that anxious to buy rinds, but they may be fresher and they may have other bulk stuff... So yeah, lemme know time & addy, k? Have emailed Ophelia with my phone number and will wait to hear from her re the 3rd loaf.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 11:09
Registered Member

Darned if I know which T&T in Richmond has the noodles... didn't SPrudil say on the LowCarb-Canada list? darn. Have to go check out the list Archives when I get a minute.

Could you possibly phone them sometime in the next 2 weeks and see if they have the noodles in one store or the other? It's not long distance for you over there is it?
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-03, 17:22

BF:

Sure, I can do that. Or I'll email Sid and let you know!
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-03, 10:16

BF:

Sid came through with a link to TnT's website:
http://www.tnt-supermarket.com/engl...re_location.htm and he also mentioned that the Metrotown store now stocks the tofu shirataki noodles. Of the 2 Richmond stores on that web page, the "Richmond" one is the main store and the "Osaka" one is very nearby, anyway. So it's up to you where you want to meet and what is easier/more convenient for you. I don't mind going to Richmond, cos as I mentioned before, I can check out New Town on the same trip.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 19:15
Registered Member

Quote:
Sid came through with a link to TnT's website:
http://www.tnt-supermarket.com/engl...re_location.htm and he also mentioned that the Metrotown store now stocks the tofu shirataki noodles. Of the 2 Richmond stores on that web page, the "Richmond" one is the main store and the "Osaka" one is very nearby, anyway.

Thanks, JeanYY, great info. I'll keep you posted (but the trip details have yet to be finalized).
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 20:41

BF:

Ok, Judi.. let me know You may want to make time to check out the new store in North Van, too.
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 18:22
Registered Member

Quote:
Ok, Judi.. let me know You may want to make time to check out the new store in North Van, too.

Ha! Clearly you haven't tried to do the Ferry, make a run to Bellingham (3 locations), clear Customs, head on into Richmond, make a pitstop, and then make another run for that dang Ferry with its antiquated scheduling and boatload of tourists -- lately. Squeeze in a run THROUGH downtown Vancouver and on into North Van and back? Heck, I just tried to get to the Fishhouse on time for dinner once and had a heck of a time, never mind having to run off right after dinner for that dang Ferry.

All that being said (whined?), the schedule is just starting to firm up, depends on when packages arrive in WA.
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jul-09-03, 00:08

BF:

Ok, sounds good, Judi. Hopefully we have time for a coffee!
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Jul-12-03, 20:12
Registered Member

• OH URF
I'm having a heck of a time with the PC tonight, and it won't show me the last posts in the right order, so I'm kind of posting 'blind'.

Jeannyy I'm not able to make it over there tomorrow, and have been forced to reschedule for Wednesday, technical and shipping difficulties.

I'll PM this, too, with my email address that is the best (and only timely) way to reach me, as I'm at this site only when I can squeeze it in after my other committments...

Sorry!
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Jul-13-03, 02:44

BF:

Email sent, Judi. It's ok about tomorrow, I am swamped as it is with preps for my trip to Montreal...