Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-09, 14:13

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaKaha
Well my husband has had surgery and got out of the hospital on the weekend after 12 days. The surgery got a bit complicated and there were some heart complications and major odema afterwards but it all seems fine now. He has lost quite a lot of weight (3/4 stone) but otherwise is in good spirits and doing remarkably well.

I have found a place that supplies wobenzym online but the dose is very high so I am going to discuss it with the oncologist. Again, there is a fair bit written about it and it is currently being trialled in conjunction with another drug as a chemo treatment for myeloma (leukaemia).

Well I had better get to bed. Thank you all again for your support and advice.

Glad to hear that things are OK with you - well, as good as they can be under the circumstances...

As the person who first mentioned Wobenzym (I think), I just wanted to say that you needn't worry about the "high dosage". As far as I remember, the reason for this is that the enzyme molecules are pretty large, and therefore you can't get "pack" that many into a single tablet: hence what sounds like a high dose (for example, 30 tablets a day) is actually not as bad as it sounds!

I had noticed with myself that I was having very slight GI issues due to taking magnesium oxide and Wobenzym. You are supposed to take them between meals - i.e. 45 minutes before, or 1.5 hours after, a meal - but that is not always realistic in my case because our mealtimes are not at the exact same time every day. I think I was sometimes taking them around 30 mins before a meal, and this wasn't so good. The enzymes in Wobenzym are not meant to get involved in the digestive process!

I have now adopted a somewhat unusual strategy (which I did actually see recommended on a website somewhere), which is to take my daily dose of Wobenzym in one go in the middle of the night! I inevitably wake up to go to the loo at around 2-3am, and when I get back to bed, I swill down my Wobenzym. I was taking just 6 tabs a day as a prophylactic measure, but recently got quite painful arthritis in my little finger on my right hand. It only bothered me for a few minutes in the morning, but I thought, "I don't really want this to get any worse, so I'll see what upping my Wobenzym dose will do." I now take 10 all in one go (in the aforementioned fashion) and I now have practically no pain or stiffness in the morning, and a few other spots of inflammation have gone, too. And the GI issues are also a thing of the past...

I would imagine this would maybe be a good strategy for your husband, too, if his appetite isn't so good and so on. But, as I say, I would recommend that you get your oncologist to be open-minded about this. I have read so many good things about how it helps to reduce the nasty side-effects of cancer treatment.

amanda
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-09, 15:15

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Having just spent a few more minutes googling around, it would seem that the go-to guy in the English-speaking world on combining standard cancer treatment with enzyme therapy is Dr Nicholas Gonzalez.

His website is:

www.dr-gonzalez.com

The books in English I have seen are mostly by a guy called Tom Bohager, but these are probably general.

Good luck!

amanda
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 08:01

Plan: quasi paleo + starch
Stats: 153/148/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Sitting outside under the ozone hole does not increase one's level of Vitamin D, and experts believe that cod liver oil is not a safe way to get your Vitamin D.

One of the Vitamin D thread posters has some advice for you over here at posting #1840

Quote:
".....The problem with ozone is that it absorbs the UVB and only the cancer forming UVA gets through.
"The science is set out here Although these guys are huge supporters of getting Vitamin D from short sessions of full body sun exposure they have to conclude that Vitamin D3 in Australia is....."

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&page=123&pp=15
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 12:03
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Yeah, I'd use something other than cod liver oil. There's concern about vit. A toxicity and also A interfering with the absorption of D.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/news...-december.shtml
Quote:
The crux of the problem is that a form of vitamin A, retinoic acid, weakly activates the vitamin D response element on the gene and perhaps blocks vitamin D's more robust activation. In fact, the authors of a 1993 study state "there is a profound inhibition of vitamin D-activated...gene expression by retinoic acid." MacDonald PN, et al. Retinoid X receptors stimulate and 9-cis retinoic acid inhibits 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3-activated expression of the rat osteocalcin gene. Mol Cell Biol. 1993 Sep;13(9):5907–17.
and later
Quote:
Although activated vitamin D and vitamin A signal through common cofactors, they compete for each others function. Retinoic acid antagonizes the action of vitamin D and its active metabolite. In humans, even the vitamin A in a single serving of liver impairs vitamin D's rapid intestinal calcium response. In a dietary intake study, Oh, et al, found that a high retinol intake completely thwarted vitamin D's otherwise protective effect on distal colorectal adenoma, and they found a clear relationship between vitamin D and vitamin A intakes, as the women in the highest quintile of vitamin D intake also ingested around 10,000 IU/d of retinol." Rohde CM, Deluca HF. All-trans retinoic acid antagonizes the action of calciferol and its active metabolite, 1,25-dihydroxycholecalciferol, in rats. J Nutr. 2005;135(7):1647–1652. Johansson S, Melhus H. Vitamin A antagonizes calcium response to vitamin D in man. J Bone Miner Res. 2001;16(10):1899–1905. Oh K, Willett WC, Wu K, Fuchs CS, Giovannucci EL. Calcium and vitamin D intakes in relation to risk of distal colorectal adenoma in women. Am J Epidemiol. 2007;165(10):1178–1186.

"Furthermore, the consumption of preformed retinol even in amounts consumed by many Americans in both multivitamins and cod liver oil may cause bone toxicity in individuals with inadequate vitamin D status. Women in the highest quintile of total vitamin A intake have a 1.5-times elevated risk of hip fracture." Feskanich D, Singh V, Willett WC, Colditz GA. Vitamin A intake and hip fractures among postmenopausal women. JAMA 2002;287:47–54.

"Indeed, a recent Cochrane Review found that vitamin A supplements increased total mortality rate by 16%, perhaps through antagonism of vitamin D."

I'm not sure what you can get where you live but I'd try either gel-caps D3 (Cholecaliferol) or the ones with powder in them like these.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Mar-03-09, 15:41

Plan: Low carb, suff. protein
Stats: 115/103/95 Male 191cm
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil' annie
Sitting outside under the ozone hole does not increase one's level of Vitamin D, and experts believe that cod liver oil is not a safe way to get your Vitamin D.

One of the Vitamin D thread posters has some advice for you over here at posting #1840

Quote:
".....The problem with ozone is that it absorbs the UVB and only the cancer forming UVA gets through.
"The science is set out here Although these guys are huge supporters of getting Vitamin D from short sessions of full body sun exposure they have to conclude that Vitamin D3 in Australia is....."

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&page=123&pp=15

The Ozone hole has less ozone, not more. So it would absorb less UVB.
Sun exposure is an effective way to increase Vit D, though the effect is much reduced in the elderly.
That's not to say that dietary intake or supplementation are not also advisable, particularly in the elderly, at higher latitudes in winter, or where blood levels are found to be low.
Do not be dissuaded from reasonable sun exposure.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Mar-04-09, 08:13

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amergin
The Ozone hole has less ozone, not more. So it would absorb less UVB.
Sun exposure is an effective way to increase Vit D, though the effect is much reduced in the elderly.
That's not to say that dietary intake or supplementation are not also advisable, particularly in the elderly, at higher latitudes in winter, or where blood levels are found to be low.
Do not be dissuaded from reasonable sun exposure.

Those are not my statements -- go to the Vitamin D thread where Hutchinson explains that sitting under the Ozone Hole will NOT raise your Vit.D levels.

I was simply trying to be helpful to the O.P.; if you wish to argue points about Vitamin D absorption in Australia, please direct your arguments to Hutchinson, in the thread linked to.

Thanks
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-09, 03:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 352/307/165 Female 5'11"
BF:55/45/25
Progress: 24%

Thats very interesting. I think I may personal message Hutchinson to see if he can quote some sources.

Lil Annie and Amergin - what he says is contradictory (you are both right in your interpretation) although I am sure he didnt mean it to be. I have long wondered whether it was safe to sit out in the sun here. We all tend not to because on a warm day you can burn in 6 minutes so most of us avoid the sun like the plague. Consequently, we are all, and our children particularly, low in Vitamin D.

So what about tanning beds? Prior to hospital, he was going for 8 minutes every second day. I presume this is ok as they have quite a number of cancer patients going for the same thing. He is a Scot so cant stay under long without burning. And they recommend a break every second day.

He has been taking Cod liver oil as he is one of those strange people who cant swallow pills. When in hospital, they actually ground up some pain pills and mixed them with water? milk? or something and he took them that way. I just brought a pill grinder so we could try it at home with some of the powder based ones or maybe open capsules and put the powder on a bit of bread.

I didnt realise there were issues with Retinol and Vitamin D! I am going to check out the numerous posts on the Vit D thread and look up the Vit D council website and see if I can get a definitive answer on what is best. I dont know if you can ask questions there or not but if so I will ask whether you should sit out under the ozone hole or not.

I dont know whether there is a shot for Vitamin D (certainly I have had B12 before) but I am going to the doctor next week so I will ask him then. I dont think much got said at the time as I rung the nurse for the results and she said just start taking some supplements and talk to Dr when you next see him.

Amanda, I went to the Dr Gonzalez website and that was very interesting! Unfortunately they only manage people in person and the supplements are about US$750/ month which is pretty hefty. I think Wobenzym by comparison is about US $100/ month which is much more affordable so we're definitely considering that after discussion with the oncologist. Interestingly Dr Fernandez says their approach is to either do the nutrition and enzymes in lieu of chemo or to wait until the chemo is finished as they dont work effectively together.

On a general note, my husband is getting better and better every day and my brother in law said that (he is a medical biochemist and we are getting all the results copied to him so we can ask questions at leisure) the biopsy report didnt mention any extra nodal spread amongst the/or from the? lymph nodes which apparently is also a very good sign.

So again thank you all for your advice, we would no doubt be doing all the wrong things without you!!!
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Mar-05-09, 07:23

BF:

People ask questions on that thread all the time, feel free to jump in!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?p=7750728
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-09, 07:41
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Dahlqvist's
Stats: 205/152/160 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil' annie
Those are not my statements -- go to the Vitamin D thread where Hutchinson explains that sitting under the Ozone Hole will NOT raise your Vit.D levels.

I was simply trying to be helpful to the O.P.; if you wish to argue points about Vitamin D absorption in Australia, please direct your arguments to Hutchinson, in the thread linked to.

Thanks

Skin Cancer/Sunscreen - the Dilemma

Now WATCH the video.

Hole and Mountain do not have the same meaning.

I'm sorry this printscreen version of the slide is not very clear but the HOLE over the Antartic is surrounded by a LIP that over Australia is more properly described as a MOUNTAIN. The problem is the colour range on the chart but the BLACK is the HOLE and the DARKBROWN is the ozone mountain that prevents UVB reaching the ground. It's the UVA that causes skin cancer.

Perhaps it would be better if folks downloaded the video so they can watch them through several times BEFORE commenting on them online.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-09, 10:09
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
I didnt realise there were issues with Retinol and Vitamin D! I am going to check out the numerous posts on the Vit D thread and look up the Vit D council website and see if I can get a definitive answer on what is best. I dont know if you can ask questions there or not but if so I will ask whether you should sit out under the ozone hole or not.

The Vit. D council is where the info comes from. I posted a link didn't I? I'll go back and check. Yarp, here it is again: http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/news...-december.shtml He's made several warnings about it in his various newsletters.
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Mar-06-09, 11:53

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Jake
I want to emphasis how important it is to follow what NancyLC said. Studies in Germany have shown that zero carb works for cancer especially in conjunction with chemo or radiation. Zero carb really weakens the cancer cells while normal cells remain strong.

I would bring his Vitamin D level up to 80. Good luck. You can win this battle.

In addition to this, ketones will starve the cancer since cancer prefers glucose as its main "food source". So don't fear the fast, it is what he needs.

Prayers to your family.
  #42   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 17:42

Plan: the typical low carb plan
Stats: 170/175/170 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress:

Please look up the ozone therapy. Cancer cells cannot survive in high levels of oxygen (neither can viruses like HIV), so when pure oxygen is flooded into your blood a few times a week, the high levels of oxygen in your blood cause the cancer cells to deactivate. And the high levels of ozone (which is used) do not harm your body at all, extensive testing on humans and animals has proven this.

I know you probably think I am insane because I am saying there is a cure for cancer, aids etc, but there really is! The ozone therapy is not popular in the US thanks to the FDA and its big drug friends trying to maintain their profits over their expensive yet ineffective treatments/medicine, but it is used in other parts of the world like in Germany. It has been used for over a 100 years.

Research it, its efficiency is amazing!
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 17:43

BF:
Progress:

More Doctors Get Rid of HIV THROUGH OZONE THERAPY

Michael T.F. Carpendale, M.D., Chief of Medicine and Research Services at the Veterans Administration Hospital in San Francisco and Professor at the University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, and his associate, Dr. Joel K. Freeberg.

NA: In-vitro studies to evaluate the ability of ozone to kill the HIV virus in the test tube were undertaken by scientists in the United States, Russia and Canada. The first researchers in the world to prove that ozone can inactivate HIV were Michael T.F. Carpendale, M.D., Chief of Medicine and Research Services at the Veterans Administration Hospital in San Francisco and Professor at the University of California School of Medicine, San Francisco, and his associate, Dr. Joel K. Freeberg of the Veterans Administration Hospital.

They first presented their findings at the IV International Conference of AIDS in Stockholm, and later published their report in the peer-reviewed journal Antiviral Research. Carpendale and Freeberg showed that HIV could be 99 percent inactivated with only 0.5 micrograms of ozone per ml of serum, and completely inactivated by ozone concentrations of 4 micrograms per ml of serum. At the same time, these concentrations of ozone did not harm healthy cells.

Another in vitro study, supported in part by the U.S. Public Health Service and Medizone International, a manufacturer of a patented medical ozone delivery system, was reported in the October 1, 1991 issue of the medical journal Blood.
Using ozone generated from medical grade oxygen and delivered into a cultured cell medium of HIV-1, a team of four scientists from the SUNY Health Science Center in Syracuse, The Brooklyn Hospital and Merck Pharmaceutical, found that ozone deactivated the virus completely, yet without causing significant biological damage to non-infected cells.

In evaluating their findings with HIV, the researchers concluded:"The data indicate that the antiviral effects of ozone include viral particle disruption, reverse transcriptase inactivation, and/or a perturbation of the ability of the virus to bind its receptor to target cells."

In Russia, scientists at the Institute of Virusology in Moscow also used a concentration of 4 micrograms/ml of ozone on an infected culture containing HIV. Within minutes, the cell of the virus began to decompose and died. The researchers noted that: "Complete deactivation of the extra cell virus is achieved by putting gaseous ozone through the virus-containing liquid."

In 1992, a major study in Canada coordinated by the Surgeon General of the Canadian Armed Forces was undertaken to determine the ability of ozone to kill HIV, hepatitis and herpes viruses in blood used for transfusion. After a three-minute ozonation of serum spiked with one million HIV-1 particles per milliliter, a 100 percent deactivation of the virus was achieved.

Referring to this study during his interview in the video documentary "Ozone and the Politics of Medicine", Capt. (now Commander) Michael E. Shannon, a scientist and medical doctor with the Canadian Department of National Defense said: "...We are dealing not with concentrations that are toxic to the human, but are in fact concentrations of ozone that have been used in clinics in Germany for the last thirty years with thousands of patients without any evidence of any harm."

Despite the importance of the results which would indicate that simple ozonation of the blood supply would render it free of HIV, as well as herpes, hepatitis and other viruses the Canadian findings received little notice in the North American press.
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 17:44

BF:
Progress:

Please Take This Information, attach this as a note, copy and paste it and send this to your friend's list. Tell ALL your friends who want to stop AIDs/Cancer to do the same! We can change the world. Tell them to use O3 or Ozone Therapy. Send this to AIDs/Cancer Patients and doctors with a heart!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article you can download and send to others

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8788977/Oz...ims-in-Germany

Everyone Watch these Videos to Find out the Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K7cmCp8T-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVAMttloY_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7lszrTJ3NM

Dr. Otto Warburg received the Nobel prize in 1931 for the discovery that unlike all other cells in the human body, cancer cells do not breathe oxygen. Cancer cells cannot survive in the presence of high levels of oxygen . There are many different types of successful treatments based on oxygenating the tissues, such as hydrogen peroxide therapy, hyperbaric oxygen tank, and blood ozonation. Chi machines are wonderful for increased circulation and oxygenation and there are several types of liquid oxygen drops that you can add to your water. It is helpful to understand the nature of acidity and alkalinity and why tissues deficient in oxygen are prone to cancer. Cancerous tissues are acidic, whereas healthy tissues are alkaline and the oxygen drop products help to raise your PH balance and oxygenate the body. Cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment or in the presence of oxygen. If you PH is below 7 you are acidic and if it is above 7 your are alkaline. The body is designed to be slightly alkaline at a pH of 7.4. At a pH slightly above 7.4 cancer cells become dormant and at pH 8.5 cancer cells will die. I suggest that you test your PH with Litmus paper so you know where you are.

How Ozone Works With AIDS?

The 13 Major Effects of Cancer Oxygen Ozone on the Human Body - By Dr. Frank Shallenberger

[Considered one of the leading authorities on medical ozone, Dr. Shallenberger has done important work to support the hypothesis that ozone can have long-term positive effects on AIDS. He has also conducted workshops on the proper application of medical ozone at an International Ozone Symposium in Texas. He successfully treats patients with medical ozone via Major Autohemotherapy. The thirteen physiological effects are list below and are accompanied by a brief explanation.]

1. Ozone stimulates the production of white blood cells. These cells protect the body from viruses, bacteria, fungi and cancer. Deprived of oxygen, these cells malfunction. They fail to eliminate invaders and even turn against normal, healthy cells (allergic reactions). Ozone significantly raises the oxygen levels in the blood for long periods after ozone administration; as a result, allergies have a tendency to become desensitized.

2. Interferon levels are significantly increased. Interferons are globular proteins. Interferons orchestrate every aspect of the immune system. Some interferons are produced by cells infected by viruses. These interferons warn adjacent, healthy cells of the likelihood of infection; in turn, they are rendered nonpermissive host cells. In other words, they inhibit viral replication. Other interferons are produced in the muscles, connective tissue and by white blood cells. Levels of gamma interferon can be elevated 400-900% by ozone. This interferon is involved in the control of phagocytic cells that engulf and kill pathogens and abnormal cells. Interferons are FDA approved for the treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B and C, Genital Warts (caused by Papillomavirus, Hairy-cell Leukemia, Karposi’s Sarcoma, Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis and Chronic Granulomatous Disease. Interferons are currently in clinical trials for Throat Warts (caused by Papillomavirus), HIV infection, Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia Leukemia, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma, Colon tumors, Kidney tumors, Bladder Cancer, Malignant Melanoma, Basal Cell Carcinoma and Leishmaniasis. While levels induced by ozone remain safe, interferon levels that are FDA appoved (and in clinical trials) are extremely toxic.

3. Ozone stimulates the production of Tumor Necrosis Factor. TNF is produced by the body when a tumor is growing. The greater the mass of the tumor the more tumor necrosis factor is produced (up to a point). When a tumor has turned metastatic, cancer cells are breaking off and being carried away by the blood and lymph. This allows the tumor to take up residence elsewhere in the body; or in other words, divide its forces. These lone cancer cells have little chance of growing due to the TNF produced to inhibit the original tumor. When the tumor is removed surgically TNF levels drop dramatically and new tumors emerge from seemingly healthy tissue.

4. Ozone stimulates the secretion of IL-2. Interluekin-2 is one of the cornerstones of the immune system. It is secreted by T-helpers. In a process known as autostimulation, the IL-2 then binds to a receptor on the T-helper and causes it to produce more IL-2. Its main duty is to induce lymphocytes to differentiate and proliferate, yielding more T-helpers, T-suppressors, cytotoxic T’s, T-delayed’s and T-memory cells.

5. Ozone kills most bacteria at low concentrations. The metabolism of most bacteria is on average one-seventeenth as efficient as our own. Because of this, most cannot afford to produce disposable anti-oxidant enzymes such as catalase. Very few types of bacteria can live in an environment composed of more than two percent ozone.

6. Ozone is effective against all types of fungi. This includes systemic Candida albicans, athletes foot, molds, mildews, yeasts and even mushrooms.

7. Ozone fights viruses in a variety of ways. As discussed above, ozone also goes after the viral particles directly. The part of the virus most sensitive to oxidation is the “reproductive structure”. This is how the virions enter the cell. With this structure inactivated, the virus is essentially “dead”. Cells already infected have a natural weakness to ozone. Due to the metabolic burden of the infection the cells can no longer produce the enzymes necessary to deal with the ozone and repair the cell.

8. Ozone is antineoplastic. This means that ozone inhibits the growth of new tissue because rapidly dividing cells shift their priorities away from producing the enzymes needed to protect themselves from the ozone. Cancer cells are rapidly dividing cells and are inhibited by ozone.

9. Ozone oxidizes arterial plaque. It breaks down the nnnn plaque involved in both Arteriosclerosis and Arthrosclerosis. This means ozone has a tendency to clear blockages of large and even smaller vessels. This allows for better tissue oxygenation in deficient organs.

10. Ozone increases the flexibility and elasticity of red blood cells. When one views a red blood cell under a microscope, it looks like a disc. In the capillaries, where they pick-up (lungs) and release (tissue) oxygen, these discs stretch out into the shape of an oval or umbrella. This aids their passage through the tiny vessels and makes the exchange of gas more efficient. The increase in flexibility of the RBC’s allows oxygen levels to stay elevated for days, even weeks after treatment with ozone.

11. Ozone accelerates the Citric Acid Cycle. Also known as the Kreb’s Cycle or TCA Cycle, this is a very important step in the glycolisis of carbohydrate for energy. This takes place in the mitochonria of the cell. Most of the energy stored in glucose (sugar) is converted in this pathway.

12. Ozone makes the anti-oxidant enzyme system more efficient.

13. Ozone degrades petrochemicals. These chemicals have a potential to place a great burden on the immune system. They also worsen and even cause allergies and are detrimental to your long-term health.

How Ozone Works with Cancer?

Ozone Cancer Oxygen Therapy - Is It Safe?

1980 Jan - The German Medical Society for Ozone Therapy commissioned Marie Theresa Jacobs and Prof. Dr. Hergetbegan from the University Kilnikum Giessen and the Institute for Medical Statistics and Documentation of Giessen University to begin an inquiry entitled “Adverse Effects and Typical Complications In Ozone Therapy.” 2,815 questionnaires were sent out to all western German ozone therapists known by the Medical Society for Ozone Therapy (AGO, Arztliche Gesellschaft fur Ozontherapie). 884 went to physicians and 1931 to therapists.

1980 May - By now, The German Medical Society had collected 1,044 replies, or 37% of the total. The replies that were returned stated 384,775 patients were treated with ozone with a minimum of 5,579,238 applications. The side effect rate observed was only .000005 per application. The report also stated “The majority of adverse effects were caused by ignorance about ozone therapy (operator error)."

Even with this report, there are still some opponents who warn Ozone Therapy is unsafe. It is therefore wise to seek out an experienced ozone practitioner and to do further research into the pros and cons of this therapy.

Ozone Cancer Oxygen Therapy - Clinical Studies / Research

1. In 1980 laboratory studies by main stream cancer researchers at Washington University discovered ozone inhibited growth of lung, breast and uterine cancer cells in a dose dependent manner while healthy tissues were not damaged by ozone. Sweet F, Kao M S, Lee S. (Dept of obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University. School of Medicine, St Louis) and W. Hagar (St Louis Air Pollution Control) publish in, Science Vol 209: 931-933, USA peer reviewed scientific journal, their study: Ozone Selectively Inhibits Human Cancer Cell Growth. They announce, Evidently the mechanisms for defense against ozone damage are impaired in human cancer cells. Cancer cells (lung, breast, uterine and dome trial) showed marked dose-dependent growth inhibition in o3 at .3 and .5 parts per million while the normal cells were not affected.

2. One of the first reports of successful cancer treatment with ozone using actual patients was reported, as mentioned above, by the German Dr Joachim Varro at the Sixth World Ozone Conference in 1983 and published in Medical Applications of Ozone (Ed. Julius LaRaus, Norwalk, Conn. pp 94-5). Dr Varro reported that patients experienced increased appetite, greater strength, higher rates of physical activity and reduction in pain. He stated that patients were 'free of metastases and tumour relapses for remarkably long periods of time; survival time could be prolonged, far exceeding the usual dubious prognoses, even in cases of inoperability, radiation resistance, or chemotherapy non-tolerance, and with improved quality of life. Most patients who had undergone the combination therapy shortly after surgery and radiation could return full time to their occupations.'

3. In 1990 pre-clinical French studies reported ozone enhanced the treatment of chemo resistant tumors and seemed to act adjunctively to chemotherapy in tumors derived from the colon and breast.

4. To explore the suspicion that anti-cancer effects of ozone are due in part to its ability to induce release of tumour necrosis factor (TNF), Italian researchers at the University of Siena measured ozonated blood and observed that most TNF was released immediately after ozonation took place. (L Paulesu et al. Lymphokine and Cytokine Res. 1991;10(5):409-12).

5. In 2004 Oxford University reported of a Spanish cancer research institutes human trial of ozone therapy. Involving 19 patients with incurable head and neck tumors receiving radiotherapy and tegafur, plus either chemotherapy (12 patients) or ozone therapy (7 patients). Those receiving ozone intravenously during radiotherapy where on average 10 years older and their tumors significantly more abundant and progressed than the chemotherapy group. But on average the ozone group survived slightly longer than those receiving chemotherapy. They conclude these results warrant further researcher of ozone as a treatment for cancer.

6. Human trials at the Department of Oncology, Nizhni Novgorod State Medical in Russia report benefits of complimentary ozone treatment and with regards to drug complications. Female researchers at the same institute also report “We have followed up on 52 women with breast cancer, 32 patients along with cytostatic therapy have undergone a course of ozone therapy. 20 women were on only conventional polychemotherapy. The groups were compatible according to age, stage of the disease and accompanying pathology. Involvement of ozone therapy diminished the incidence and degree of cytostatics toxical side effects, improve their life quality and immunological parameters and significally increase the activity of antioxidant defence system”.

7. February 28 2008 Marburg Germany - Researchers at the Phillips University Marburg and the University Hospital Giessen and Marburg Germany applied ozone-oxygen peritoneal insufflation to the treatment of rabbit squamous cell carcinomas. This therapy resulted in complete remission of the cancers. Ozone administration has long been known to inhibit the growth of various carcinoma cells in vitro. This study demonstrates ozone’s effectiveness and safety in an in vivo animal model. The study’s data suggests that ”the intraperitoneal application of a medical O3/O gas mixture appears to stimulate the body’s own anti-tumorous immuno-surveillance.” Gerard Sunnen M.D. president of Ozonics International LLC states “If indeed as shown in previous studies internal ozone administration bolsters immune system parameters such as cytokine and NK cell activation this could imply new treatment considerations not only for cancers but also for infectious diseases.”

Peer Studies:

Dr. Sweet, et al., published in Science, a peer reviewed scientific journal - his study showing “Ozone Selectively Inhibits Human Cancer Cell Growth.”

4. 1980 Aug 22nd Sweet F, Kao M S, Lee S-CD (Dept of obstetrics and Gynaecology, WA Univ. School of Medicine, St Louis, Mo) and W. Hagar (St Louis Air Pollution Control) publish in, Science Vol. 209: 931-933, USA peer reviewed scientific journal, their study: O3 Selectively Inhibits Human Cancer Cell Growth.

1991 Oct 1, The peer reviewed JOURNAL OF HAEMATOLOGY published the ozone\HIV work of M.D. Wells, Latino, Galvachin, and Poiesz. Their article: Inactivation Of HIV Type 1 by O3 In Vitro appears in Blood Journal, Volume 78 Number 7, Oct 11, 1991, pg. 1882 describing the research coordinated by Dr. Bernard Poiesz from Syracuse St. Univ. of NY Research Hospital.

They performed 15 replications of one study that interfaced it with HIV infected factor 8 blood. It completely removed the HIV virus 97 to 100 percent of the time, yet was non-toxic to normal blood components. Ed McCabe announced this study back in 1988, in his Oxygen Therapy book.

Peer Reviews:

Wright DT. Ozone stimulates release of platelet activating factor and activates phospholipases in guinea pig tracheal epithelial cells in primary culture. Toxicology and applied Pharmacology 1994;127: 27-36.
Victorin K. Review of genotoxicity of ozone. Mutation Research 1992; 277: 221-238.
McBride DE, Koenig JQ, Luchtel DL, Williams PV, Henderson WR. Inflammatory effects of ozone in the upper airways of subjects with asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 1994; 149:1192-1197.
Morton L. Use of human lung tissue for studies of structural changes associated with chronic ozone exposure: Opportunities and critical issues. Environ Health Persp Supp 1993; (102)Supp.4: 208-213.
Madden MC, Eling TE, Dailey LA, Friedman M. The effect of ozone exposure on rat alveolar macrophage arachidonic acid metabolism. Exp Lung Res 1991;17:47-63.
Doelman CJ. Reactive oxygen species and airway. Amsterdam: Febodruk Ed. 1991:7.
Boorman GA. Ozone and ozone-4 (N-nitrosomethylamino-1-3(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone in Fisher-344/N rats. Tox and Pathol 1994;(22)5: 545-553.
Cajigas A, Mitchell G, Beam C, Steinberg JJ. Ozonation of DNA forms adducts: A 32P-DNA labeling and Thin-Layer Chromatography technique to measure DNA environmental biomarkers. Arch of Environ Health 1994; (49)1: 25-36.
Schulz S. Anticarcinogenic effect of inhaled ozone/oxygen in urethan-treated NMRI-mice. Proceedings Ninth Ozone World Congress, New York 1989: 69-76.
Plopper CG, Duan X, Buckpitt AR, Pinkerton KE. Dose-dependent tolerance to ozone. IV. Site-specific elevation in antioxidant enzymes in the lung of rats exposed for 90 days or 20 months. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 1994;127: 124-131.
Duan X, Buckpitt AR, Plopper CG. Variation in antioxidant enzyme activities in anatomic subcompartments within rat and rhesus monkey lung. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 1993;123: 73-82.
van der Wal WA, van Bree L, Marra L, Rombout PJ. Attenuation of acute lung injury by ozone inhalation. The effect of low level pre-exposure. Toxicol Lett 1994; (72)1-3: 291-298.
Muñoz A. Design and analysis of studies of the health effects of ozone. Environ Health Persp Supp 1993; (101)Supp.4: 231-235.
Rilling SH. The basic clinic applications of ozone therapy. OzoNachrichten 1985; Heft 1/2: 7-17.
Viebahn R. The use of ozone in Medicine. 2nd. Rev. Germany: Haugh Pub Ed., 1994: 7, 22, 100.
Rilling SH. 30 years of ozone-oxygen therapy: A historical perspective. Proceedings Eleventh Ozone World Congress. Ozone in Medicine. San Francisco 1993: M-1-3 to M-1-6.
Bocci V. Ozone therapy today. Proceedings 12th World Congress of the International Ozone Association. Ozone in Medicine. Lille, France 1995: 13-27.
Gabrielson EW, Yu XY, SpannhakeWE. Comparison of the toxic effects of hydrogen peroxide and ozone on cultured human bronchial epithelial cells. Env Health Persp 1994; (102)11: 972-974.
Pryor WA, Uppu RM. A kinetic model for the competitive reactions of ozone with amino acid residues in proteins in reverse micelles. The J of Biolog Chem 1993; (268) 5: 3120-3126.
Viebahn, R.: The biochemical process underlying ozone therapy. OzoNachrichten 1985; Heft 1/2: 18-22.
Bocci V. Ozonization of blood for the therapy of viral diseases and immunodeficiencies. A hypothesis. Medical Hypotheses 1992;39: 30-34.
Bocci V. Autohemotherapy after treatment of blood with ozone. A reappraisal. The J of Intern Med Res 1994; 22:131-144.
Bocci V. A reasonable approach for the treatment of HIV infection in the early phase with ozonetherapy (autohemotherapy). How "inflammatory" cytokines may have a therapeutic role. Mediators of inflammation 1994;3: 315-321.
Carpendale MT, Griffiss J. Is there a role for medical ozone in the treatment of HIV and associated infections? Proceedings Ozone in Medicine. Eleventh Ozone World Congress. San Francisco 1993: m-1-32 to m-1-45.
Menéndez S, Iglesias O, Bidot C, Puga A, Carballo A. Application of ozone therapy in children with humoral immunity deficiency. Proccedings 12th World Congress of the International Ozone Association. Ozone in Medicine. Lille, France1995: 271-274.
Basabe E, Menéndez S, Segarra F, Ponce de León M. Ozone therapy like a favoring element in the rehabilitation of children with hearing loss. Proccedings 12th World Congress of the International Ozone Association. Ozone in Medicine. Lille, France, 1995: 275-278.
Jacobs MT. Zwischenfalle und typische komplikationen in der Ozon-saverstoff-therapie. Atti Congresso sull'ozono. Baden-Baden 1981; (11)20: 5-6.
Díaz S, Menéndez S, Eng L, Fernández I. No increase in sister chromatid exchanges and micronuclei frequencies in human lymphocytes exposed to ozone in vitro. Proceedings 12th World Congress of the International Ozone Association. Ozone in Medicine. Lille, France 1995: 43-51.

Medical Books for people who want to learn something valuable in life:

Oxygen Healing Therapies : For Optimum Health & Vitality Bio-Oxidative Therapies for Treating Immune Disorders : Candida, Cancer, Heart, Skin, Circul by Nathaniel Altman, Charles H. Farr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oxygen Therapies : A New Way of Approaching Disease (Energy Publications Alternatives , No Oti) by Ed McCabe, Betsy Bullard (Illustrator)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hydrogen Peroxide : Medical Miracle by William Campbell, M.D. Douglass, William E. Campbell

The Use of Ozone in Medicine by Dr. S. Rilling, MD, and R.Viebahn, PhD.
The Use of Ozone in Medicine : A Practical Handbook by Renate Viebahn

Oxygen Healing Therapies: For Optimum Health and Vitality by Nathaniel Altman

What Is Ozone Therapy?
(Written For The Hartford CT AIDS Project) By Ed McCabe ,
Author of The classic bestseller "Oxygen Therapies" And the new hit "O3 vs. AIDS "

All Rights Reserved and Copyright 2000 by Ed McCabe

PLEASE ONLY WORK WITH COMPETENTLY TRAINED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS WHO ARE REAL OZONE SPECIALISTS SKILLED IN THE OXIDATIVE MODALITIES.

IN AMERICA, OZONE THERAPY IS ONLY TAUGHT PRIVATELY, OR IN NATUROPATHIC SCHOOLS, SO YOUR DOCTOR MAY BE UNTRAINED. THEREFORE, HE WON'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU ASK ABOUT OZONE, AND MAY REACT LESS THAN POSITIVE. SO IF YOU ARE SEEKING OPINIONS, ALWAYS ASK YOUR PROFESSIONAL WHAT REAL WORLD ACTUAL EXPERIENCE HE HAS WITH THE THERAPIES, ESPECIALLY IF HE GIVES A NEGATIVE OPINION. A NEGATIVE OPINION WITHOUT FACTS TO BACK IT UP DOES YOU A REAL DISSERVICE. OVER 7,000 MD's IN EUROPE ARE USING OZONE THERAPY AS YOU READ THIS, BUT NORTH AMERICAN DOCTORS REMAIN WOEFULLY UNINFORMED.

- Ed McCabe

What is 'Ozone Therapy' ?

It's so simple it befuddles the great minds. Unlike healthy human cells that love oxygen, the disease causing viruses, bacteria, fungi, and parasites - including HIV & cancer virons, arthritis microbes, and others - like most primitive lower life forms, are almost all anaerobic .

That means these microbes cannot live in oxygen. Therefore, what would happen to these anaerobic viruses and bacteria if they were to be completely surrounded with a very energetic form of pure oxygen for a long time ? What if enough of this special form of oxygen/ozone was to be slowly and harmlessly introduced into the body daily, over the course of a few months, by bypassing the lungs, and yet eventually saturating all the bodily fluids and every cell with it? Wouldn’t the disease causing microbes that can't live in oxygen cease to exist?

All 30 or so oxygen therapies, including ozone, work because they flood the body with Nature's single oxygen atoms. Singlet oxygen and its by-products are very energetic oxidizers - they "burn up" waste products, pollution, and microbes. They can’t protect themselves because they are either inert, or lower life forms.

Normal body cells protect themselves from the oxidizing effects of oxygen by naturally producing their own protective antioxidant coatings.

We are 66% water. Most European and many American cities purify their municipal drinking water by bubbling ozone through it to kill all the bacteria and viruses, etc. See Inactivation Kinetics of Viruses and Bacteria by use of Ozone, by E. Katzenelson, et. al., American Water Works Society, 1974 .

Most bottled water in the U.S. goes through the same ozone purification methods. Since your body is two-thirds water (we are internally permeated with fluids), the same purification principals would directly apply to us. Ozone is simply infused through your personal body liquids to sterilize and purify them.

This method has been successfully applied to the human body by knowledgeable doctors treating diseased persons for over 100 years. It's simple. Our natural intake of oxygen from food, air, & water is the way Nature intended us to keep healthy and clean by naturally oxidizing away the microbes and toxins. Unfortunately, due to human ego and greed, mankind has polluted the eco-system, cut down the rainforests, and ruined the oceans, the two sources of where the oxygen all comes from. So because we are all oxygen deficient, our bodies can no longer take out (oxidize) the trash. Even the ozone layer above us that protects us from ultraviolet rays is born when the rainforests make the oxygen that eventually turns into ozone. The removal of our planet's oxygen generating forests, and atomic bomb testing rendering the natural oxygen isotopic and unable to turn into ozone, is directly relating to the "mysterious" holes in the ozone layer.

I have witnessed hundreds of AIDS and other patients receiving ozone infusion therapy. When they start out their blood is filthy, diseased, and so empty of oxygen that it is almost black in color from the filth. Keep putting the ozone into them for a while, and the blood turns back to a bright cherry red color, full of life giving oxygen and clean . Human ego is presently preventing us from exploring ozone's use in US medicine without great difficulty. For example, In New York City it is illegal to say any therapy helps AIDS. This law has been used as an excuse to shut down experimental ozone clinical trials in progress before they could produce the documentation. There is plenty of documentation already around in major journals.
See Ed McCabe's "O3 vs. AIDS " for hundreds of medical references.

50+ years of Ozone application methods

Extracorporeal recirculatory autohemo perfusion . Blood out of one arm, ozonated, sterilized and filtered outside the body, and pumped continuously back into the other arm. The best.

IV slow injections of the O3 gas - no air, just pure medical grade oxygen turned into medical grade ozone – into prone patients. 27 mcg/ml3 concentration. Air bubbles? No nitrogen, no nitrogen (air) embolisms.

Autohemotherapy - withdrawing 600 ml of blood and re-infusiing it into the body after putting ozone into it.

Ozone bagging - every body part except the head in a bag full of O3 for up to two hours.

Ozone rectal insufflation - average 1 1/2 liters of 27mcg/ml O3 gas into colon.

Ozone vaginal insufflation - average 5 minutes of insufflating body cavity.

Ozone ear insufflation - average 5 minutes of letting O3 fall into ear cavities.

Ozone air purification - low levels of ozone sterilize and rejuvenate the room air. O3 in LOW doses cleans the lungs and blood.

Ozone charged drinking water – Bubble O3 into water which must be imbibed immediately while the O3 is still in the glass. There are over 3,000 medical references in the German literature showing ozone's use in over 50 years of application to humans by way of millions of dosages. The International Ozone Association and the ozone machine manufacturers report over 7,000 M.D.'s in Europe using medical ozone safely and effectively, some for more than 40 years, yet for the past 15 years, the FDA has prevented formal human testing or any ozone generating device approvals.

I have seen people sero-convert to HIV PCR negative, and even more importantly, lose all secondary infections from being on ozone. BUT they stuck to a full protocol - getting it daily, IV, the right dosage, and the right concentrations, and combining it with other significant modalities. People who have never tried it, or only just "dabbled" in it, end up being the only nay sayers. Go ahead and ask anyone who is disrespecting ozone - Ask them, did you work up to using at least 150cc (not the starting dosage) of 27-42 mcg/ml concentration strength of only pure medical ozone gas? Was it once or twice a day, every single day, for four to six weeks? Was the ozone delivered IV or better? If they say it's dangerous, or ineffective, they're doing it wrong! 99% of the many successful people that I have interviewed - and written or spoken about - have received ozone only this proper way. And none were hurt. - see below on the 5 1/2 million dosage German study showing ozone to be completely safe. Those that use ozone continue to come back for more because they live the benefits within their own bodies. The German Medical Society has published that 384,775 patients were treated with ozone with a minimum of 5,579,238 applications and the side effect rate observed was only .000005 per application! No medicine has anywhere near this low of a side effect rate! Outrageously safe when applied correctly. The report also stated "The majority of adverse effects were caused by ignorance about ozone therapy (operator error)." The University of Innsbruck's Forensic Institute published Dr. Zacob's dissertation quoting this in The Empirical Medical Acts of Germany.
  #45   ^
Old Sat, Mar-07-09, 21:15

Plan: gluten free atkins maint.
Stats: 250/155/180 Male 6 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 136%

Just in case people are reading the posted information on ozone therapy, please note it definately doesnt work all the time, if ever. Three of my family members flew to mexico to have the treatment. All 3 of them ended up dieing anyway.