Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 01:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 290/229/185 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hello! I'm new to the forums. I started out with the Walk Away the Lbs. tapes last April and lost 35 lbs. (without changing my eating habits) with them before even starting Atkins. These tapes are great! Has anyone here tried Leslie's Walk & Jog or Walk & Kick tapes?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 01:25

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

welcome ChunkyChic
glad your here the more the merryer. No I have not even heard she had those tapes. will defenitly check those out, once I get use to getting back in to working out on a reg. bases.

Well today not sure if I can get my walking in, Hubbie is home and he has doc. apointment, and I have about a thousand things to do.

SOOOOO just wanted to check in. everyone have a great DAY

Cheryl
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 01:34

Plan: Curves
Stats: 226/198/150 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress:
Default Walk Away The Pounds

I started with Leslie's Advanced Walk Aerobics and moved on to her Step Program and just bought her 2 Mile Walk Express. I really like it but I think I should probably be doing a 3 or 4 mile video. I go to Curves 3x a week and walk around our local track with my husband for 2 miles 6x a week. We managed to knock over 2 minutes off our starting time today. We were doing 2 miles in 40 minutes and had trouble speeding up but have gradually cut the time down a bit. Hope to be able to do a 15 minute mile by spring.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 05:53

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom
hey Wrap just noticed your From IL. also and jackie is from St louis, WOW.

jackie, sorry to hear about your mom, hope she fills better, soon the hospitals are pretty good over there. You just keep posting, don't worry about working out, Take care of yourself and start when your ready. We an't going no where.

Wrap, will check out my Wal mart prop. tomorrow. Its must likely crapy too LOL
need to buy a new food prosseser. I pretty sure my daughter threw out my blade when I moved. Its so old anyway, Smells like its getting ready to burn up everytime I use the darn thing. So now I have a good reason to get a new one. I am sorta an appliance nut.

Jackie we have a Walmart wana be super store, Only the freezers in my wal mart, Need to get over to st. louis, but I don't drive as much. Went to Bapist Hospital last week, (my husband got his hand caught in machine a few weeks ago, so he is seeing a plastic surgin there. GOD the traffic scared the holy you know wht out of me. LOL.

Well darn and I bet I was there at Mo Baptist too. I have been going every night.I think she will be in for at least another week.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 06:18
Registered Member

Stats: 157/147/125 Female 5'3''
BF:28
Progress: 31%

Oh Yeah I live by O'hare Airport. ;p

Boy are my calf muscles sore today. LoL. Previously, I did Belly dancing tapes but when I switched to Watp, my lower body seemed more working hard and its only 2mi. I was able to do my routine today. Weee.

Anyway, hope you guys keep em watp-ing today if not its fine and jump back in tomorrow.

#36   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 06:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrap
Oh Yeah I live by O'hare Airport. ;p

Boy are my calf muscles sore today. LoL. Previously, I did Belly dancing tapes but when I switched to Watp, my lower body seemed more working hard and its only 2mi. I was able to do my routine today. Weee.

Anyway, hope you guys keep em watp-ing today if not its fine and jump back in tomorrow.

Maureen,belly dancing sounds like fun. My problem is in the stomach area.I had a histroectmy spelled badly and nothing there to tighten up. But I gotta get those dead muscles alive again,I guess.
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 08:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

well, this is the week to get back on track, i guess! i did curves tuesday night and then i did my one mile walk today. i think i could easily do two, but time is the problem....i already get up at 5:45 and just got off for work on time....don't know if i can make it up by 5:30???? yuck!

everytime i come to this site, i get more inspired by what everyone has accomplished....there are some pretty powerful men and women here!
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Nov-12-03, 13:42
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Hi everyone,
Sorry I haven't been here for a few days but every time I tried to log on, I got an error message.
Anyway I did WATP express 3 mile on Sat. and again yesterday. On Sun., Mon. and today I was able to walk outside. When the weather is suitable, I like to do that because I won't be able to much longer.
I also have Leslie's Walk the Walk Firming video. That was my first of her videos. There are parts of it that I cannot do (squats and lunges) because of a knee injury, but the first 2 weeks that I did it, I lost 2" off my waist which is a real problem area for me. I do the firming video 3x weekly on the days that I don't go to Curves. I'm getting a little tired of it now though, as I've been doing it all the time since the end of Aug. I'd like to get a few similar tapes and alternate them.
Congrats to everyone who is working away at these videos. They do provide a great workout.
Marjorie
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 03:08

BF:

GM and Happy Thursday
I got that 2 mile under the belt, out of the way, don't have to think about it until the next time LOL. felt some soreness in the legs, but not bad. will stay 2 mile for awhile.
You all have a great Day
Cheryl
Ps went to my wal Mart and it stunk, as for as any lc stuff went. OH well
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 05:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 150/145/110 Female 4'11"
BF:29%/29%/22%
Progress: 13%

I was just curious as to how often you all do your WATP. I "try" to get mine in every other day, but with a 4 year old and 2 year old it's hard sometime. Also, I was always under the impression that you should rest in between workouts, but does this include WATP? Or should I be trying to do it everyday? What do you all think?
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 06:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfc715
I was just curious as to how often you all do your WATP. I "try" to get mine in every other day, but with a 4 year old and 2 year old it's hard sometime. Also, I was always under the impression that you should rest in between workouts, but does this include WATP? Or should I be trying to do it everyday? What do you all think?

Hi Mfc, I would think you are doing fine. I don't know about the resting but guess it doesn't hurt until you build up the routine and your body gets used to it.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 10:29
Registered Member

Stats: 157/147/125 Female 5'3''
BF:28
Progress: 31%

Good Morning everyone. Just wanted to check in. Yes! I was able to do my Watp today. I was so tired yesterday that I slacked and woke up at 7 today instead of 5. LoL. I also moved to the 3 miles tape. I needed a challenge. Well, it was indeed a challenge.

Girlfriends keep at it. Like Leslie says... walk your way to a better and healthier you!
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 19:18

BF:

Good going Wrap...
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 04:45

BF:

welcome mfc, Would not worry about how much and too much. if it feels good do it. if don't feel like it, don't.

sjkling Just do when you can, we don't want you to burn out on us LOL. Maybe do it the day you don't have curves (by the way What is curves?)

Jackie, Hope your mom is doing better, glad to see that your able to find time to give us a post. Man I know you have got to be busy, with your mom in the hosp. and trying to keep up with your other stuff. Would say you are prob. getting a good over all work out

Marjorie Glad your back Girl you make me tired, reading all the stuff you do. LOL. E-mail me some of that energy Way to go

Wrap, I have my 3 mile tape, but lord I'm not ready to even think about that just yet. LOL. I did that 3 mile one time, last time I was working out and it kicked my butt. Think I will (once Im ready) stick it in like twice a week. and work on getting use to that one slowlyyyyyyy

Ok I did get my 2 miles in this morning. Feels like old times now. Feeling good.

Everyone have a great Day. And Happy WATP's LOL
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 05:46

BF:
Default Friday

I just got finished doing my ab machine and my stomach is burning a little. At lest I know it must be working.
My mother isn't doing that well and they moved her to to what is called "step down". It's not icu but you have to put on gloves and a gown. She stillhas good spirits and at least she is being better monitored.I think they moved her to rehap too soon.
My friend and I (the one doing Atkins with me) are going to go this weekend and get all our stuff for next week. Hope I find some good stuff at Walmart.