Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 15:10

Plan: restrt Atkns 2/10/05 ~218
Stats: 230/186/120 Female 65 inches
BF:don't/rub/itin
Progress: 40%

Any kind of beef jerky or pemmican-type stuff is absolutely foul, and I can't even look at baccala or other dried fish. In fact, all dried stuff looks pretty unappetizing. I'll eat seaweed (w/ sushi), but it looks awful. Even raisins, which I love (as long as they are covered in dark chocolate), look really gross. Also, please don't serve me soup with the chicken feet still floating in it. Love chitlins and barbecued pig's feet, but I'd really rather not think about what I'm eating. Pig snouts are out!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 15:13

Plan: restrt Atkns 2/10/05 ~218
Stats: 230/186/120 Female 65 inches
BF:don't/rub/itin
Progress: 40%

And I'm not eating limburger or any other kind of stinky toe-jam cheeses, either!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 17:53

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%

LOL-stinky toe-jam cheese-LOL!
  #34   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 20:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/266/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 7%
Talking

NOOOOOOO:

insects
tongue--scary
tripe--looks like a sponge...I would never eat a sponge!!
pig snouts, pigs feet (my mom used to love pickled pigs feet)
dog...

NO SERIOUSLY--I spent almost 6 months in Indonesia--and one night at the school I was visiting they cooked a dog!!!! I couldn't stop thinking of all of my past and present doggie buddies --not to mention that was the strongest smelling meat I've ever smelled. I nearly tossed my cookies walking by when they were eating it
  #35   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 23:44

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDancer
organ meats, brussels sprouts, escargot, roe--I'm sure I am leaving a few yucky ones out

Add avacado and asparagus, and you pretty much nail my list!! LOL!!!
  #36   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 08:51
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Leasmom, you sound like you could be my sister for you appetite for adventurous eating. Although you really should try snails.

I'm actually quite amazed how I pretty much like everything. Maybe my Mom's strategy of making me sit at the table until I ate my food worked! She was quite the experimental cook and you never knew what kind of ... uh, food, was going to show up on the dining room table.

Speaking of stinky-toe-jam-cheese... that sounds like something I had in Paris. We went to a cheese shop and bought a selection of cheese and one cheese smelled just horrible. But... it tasted good.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 10:22

Stats: 261.4/160/155 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 95%

Beer and wine (I'm sorely anti-alcohol)
  #38   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 11:43

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 482/400/240 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Fish.
Shell fish, fish fish, if it lived in the ocean, I'm not eating it. I don't know why, but I've always hated it, no matter how fresh or high quality. Blech. Of course, it is my poor husband's favorite.

Avocado.
Tomato

I'm a pretty picky eater actually, and there are many things I don't care for, and a number of things I'm allergic to, but those are the top of my WONT list.
  #39   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 21:59

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 322/240/140 Female 5'6''
BF:I have no idea
Progress: 45%

Hey ProfGumby,

You don't have a journal but, In Da UP, eh now does that mean close to Canada also?

I'm doing a training in St. Ignace this weekend and dropping by some friends in Soo and Munising. The post with the spelling like that made me smile.

Marty
  #40   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 22:49

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

I'll get the journal thing rolling soon....

You are on the north end of the penninsula and I am over in the corner on Green bay in Menominee (Close enough to Wisconsin to Point and laugh) I am originally from Milwaukee, born and raised but we now reside in Menominee for about 4 years. Love it here, cept for the 9 months of winter......

and some of the other posts jogged my memory...

Rutabagas, yuck....don't like them in any way shape or form, 'cept in a Pasty. But since most are made with taters and I cant eat the crust, fuggettaboutit! I suppose one could make a low carb pasty...hmmm

Most organ meats, cept I love chicken liver, hearts and gizzards in my chicken soup from time to time, and breaded and fried chicken liver is oh so good. Though I have really stopped intake of all innards since starting LCing. I wont even try sweatbreads, tripe, tounge, or most parts like this. My favorite part of any animal is the part that is made out of meat, thank you.

I am also avoid at all costs, asparagus, some salad greens that look like yard weeds, canned vegitables of any kind (cept Green and Waxed beans, I love them), Artichokes, some squashes, raw Tomatoes of any variety (cooked are awesome), cucumbers (pickles are fine), Rhubarb, and raw radishes.

I dont care for roe of any kind, any part of a fish that is not the muscle tissue and I dont like squid, octopus or many other odd seafoods like eel, sea cucmber etc...I am no fan of sardines or smelt (thats fish bait as is roe!)

I love shrimp, crab, clams, most fish, most shellfish and mussles and the like, just not the above stuff.

Bugs? Uh, uh! Lizards and snakes, I'll pass. Rock Mountain Oysters, or Lamb Fry nope, sorry....

Last edited by ProfGumby : Thu, May-12-05 at 23:06.
  #41   ^
Old Thu, May-12-05, 22:59
I'll get there yet!

Plan: Atkins/nutritionist blend
Stats: 319/284.4/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 20%

Liver. Kidney. Might just as well say organ meats. Gizzards.

Basically, I'll eat any and every thing else.

Somehow, though, I don't think of donuts as low carb food.

Jude
  #42   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 14:58

Plan: Semi-Vegeterian LCer
Stats: 375/000/220 Female 5'5
BF:45%
Progress: 242%

Donuts can't be low carb! I thought that was funny too! But, I just started likeing shrimp, up until a few months ago, I didn't want anything to do with it, but now I could eat it but as shrimp scampi. You know, oneday when I have some money I'm gonna make a lc version of the Louisiana Seafood pizza I had at my friends house in Shreveport, it had shrimp, crab, lobster, crawfish etc. and boudin sausages, the ones we had were crawfish but they had rice in them, this is pre-LC. But, it would be good to have a lc version of that pizza with the Lousiana seasoning on top!!!
  #43   ^
Old Fri, May-13-05, 15:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%

seafood is yummy...im not a big lobster eater..but i will eat it at times......i hate organ meats....and if donuts were LC i would live on donuts lol
  #44   ^
Old Sun, May-15-05, 20:30
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

My excuse for not eating guts...er..."organ meats" is most of them contribute carbs. Not as much as doughnuts, but JUST enough to get to avoid liver.
  #45   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 06:28

Stats: 338/253/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Liver. Yuck. My mother had many attempts at it before deciding it just was not worth it to get 5 children who hated it to eat the stuff. I never understood why she kept trying. Every attempt was an apocalyptic event, with much strife and anger. I never understood why she'd continue to make it once in a while.

Other LC stuff I won't eat...

Eggs, as mentioned before. I just get ill looking at them.

Peas. Can't stand them for whatever reason. Canned green beans (I eat fresh ones). Cauliflower (if cooked). I like the stuff raw and dipped in Ranch.

I like fish and seafood, but my wife doesn't. Ergo, we don't buy it very often.