Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 13:12
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Suzzee, hehe, even I couldn't throw them in the garbage! That's a good idea though. When I first started this diet, I chucked an entire box of chocolate icecream out the door. It was terribly hard to do... but at least it wouldn't be lying around tempting me. LOL.

The brownies probably would have made me happy for a couple minutes... but it's not worth the misery of the scale not moving for a couple days. I'm glad I resisted.

I've done great today. No confessions to make yet
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 21:02

Plan: Atkins+Black Coffee
Stats: 251/250/190 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 2%

LOL Akasha Glad to here you are doing so good!

newchem Welcome back, I am still reading Dr. Phil too It has a lot of good info!

Mims, I set my vitamins on the kitchen table and it is the 1st thing I do in the morning because I would forget too! Keep up the good work ladies... I had a wonderful cheat free day and glad of it! Hang in there friends!
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 21:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 207.5/195.5/105 Female 61.5 inches
BF:38/35.8/20
Progress: 12%

suzzee, I keep my vitamins on the island counter and still manage to forget them once I get busy getting the kids off to school and then starting to work, I work from home. Glad to hear you had another great day.

Akasha, your commitment is very inspiring. Keep up the great job.

nawchem, hope your day went smoothly for you.

miezimau, how's it going. We're here for you good or bad.

Only two more days left for our first challenge...
we can do it we can do it

Mims
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 21:35

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%

Yesterday was a good day for me, but today I am afraid I cheated. ( had a sandwich for lunch on white bread)
I don't know why all of the sudden it is soo hard for me to stay cheat free. I am craving cakes like crazy today.
Maybe I need to revise my No beer policy, too. It is soo hard to stay away. (2 beers a night does that make me an alcoholic?) I just need them to wind down from the hectic day (specially since my 2 boys are out of school since Monday for the next 2 weeks).
Why do boys fight so much? The constant rain we been having for the last 2-3 months doesn't help either (I can't take them to the beach or pool)
OHHH I am going nuts here.
One good thing.
I signed up to become a Creative Memories Consultant and maybe if I get out of the house every once in a while I wont be going crazy. LOL
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Mar-26-04, 17:53

BF:

miezimau, So glad you came on and let us know how you are doing. If you need to change your plan then do it. We all have different plans, so do what will help you the most! I always try to have something on hand that will satisfy the craving for something sweet and Im sure most of us have problems with it sometimes! I don't know what you like but I like the mock rice pudding, and sometimes I have sf jello with whip cream but it really does help alot. I know what you mean about "rain" sometimes it gets to me too! It has been beautiful here these last few days which helps alot! Good Luck friend I know you can do this!

Mims, what can I do to help?? Uhhh maybe tie a string around your finger, or put a safety pin on your shirt or...put the vitamins on your desk? Just a few suggestions Oh hey maybe by the bed at night and take them before you go to bed? Hows that friend?

I had another cheat free day and so glad!!! Now to let you know, I'm going to ANOTHER baby shower tomorrow.....BUT I will be armed with what I need this time! LOL I'm determined not to give in to anything! You know since I've gotten strict this week I feel like a million bucks. I really do!! THANKS AGAIN MIMS for starting this challenge! Here comes my DH with another horse to put up so I will go help! See you all tomorrow with my report! HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 19:07

Thumbs up Stats

Do what ever you need to do miezimau, maybe if you go with the ultra light beer it wouldn't do much to interfer with your weight loss.

suzzee, glad to see how well you are doing. I know the shower will be smooth sailing for you, I was going to say "a piece of cake" but that's what we're trying to say away from. hehehe

Well, my final for the week is 5 days, darn those vitamins. What helped me this week is that I bought LC mint chocolate chip ice cream instead of my usual chocolate which I have a huge tendancy to over indulge in. This way I was able to stay with a single 1/2 cup serving but didn't feel deprived by not having any ice cream. I also managed to lose 3.5 pounds this past week. WOOHOO!!!

I can't wait to hear how the rest of you did.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 21:51

BF:

LOL mims on the "piece of cake" hehehehehe! And a BIG CONGRADULATIONS on your weight loss!!!

I DID I DID IT!! I didn't cheat today! I am so happy!
Baby Shower #2, My sister does LC and to make the story short she has Never had a weight problem, she even looked perfect ~ 9 months pregnant, (4 kids) and within a few weeks she always had her normal weight back!!! But, anyway, she says it makes her feel better to eat LC... anyway when I got there, she had all the latest LC foods right there waiting for me if I needed anything and that helped so much!

MIMS Are we supposed to review our goals for the week and post it? Let me know! See you all in the morning..
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 13:22

BF:

Ok so this last week I didn't do too good.
I was however able to stay cheatfree for 3 days.
This next week will be better I promise!
I am changeing my rules and goals this week.
So here it goes:
1. If I do drink beer it has to be the Ultra Light beer and no more than 2 per day (except the weekend poker game)
2. No refined food (white bread, pasta ect)
3. NO potatoes
4. 3x Weight Training (not a problem)
5. 3x Cardio (not a problem)
6. Take all my Supplements (not a problem)
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 15:44

suzzee, I am so glad the shower went well for you. Great job! If you want to be included in the monthly totals, let me know how many cheat free days you have for the week. Also post any plan changes for the week's current challenge.

miezimau, 3 days are great. Good for you!!!

My plan is staying the same, I really need to work on the whole vitamin issue and make it more of a habit.

Have a great cheat free week!!!
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-04, 22:42

BF:

OK, I'm staying the same this week with my plan, except adding my daily food journal so I will know exactly how many carbs I eat each day. It really helps me stay focused.
Mims I had 6 cheat free days and yep I want to be included in the monthly total.

CONGRADULATIONS EVERYONE
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 18:23

BF:

HI Everyone! I pray all of you had a good day today. Other than it started raining here all is well. I was cheat free today and very thankful for it.

Mims everytime I take my vitamins I think of you....
miezimau, how are you doing?
Akasha and everyone else I miss seeing your posts. I hope you are all doing fantastic!
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-04, 19:31
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Hi everyone! I got through the first week perfectly only to "celebrate" by eating Chinease food, ice cream for desert, and drinking beer... lol... I'm afraid to weigh myself now... I don't think I will for a couple days. I'm sure I lost though this past week, even if I gained it back.

Are you guys doing this challenge for another week? If so, I would be happy to join (and hopefully not blow it on the last day again. argh)
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 12:41

BF:

HEY everybody,
I am doing sort of ok. I had leftover Pizza yesterday for lunch so I cheated, but I have a good reason (TOM is here).
DH bought me the Ultra Light beers and I guess I am getting better with it.
Other than the pizza cheat yesterday I have been good so far.
Miez
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 17:59

BF:

Akasha Good to see you again! Just keep on going and forget about a cheat 6 out of 7 days is very good!!!!

Miez glad you changed your plan and are doing better. The next time pizza is around take off the good stuff and throw out the crust! You'll feel better!

OK, Here it is Tuesday and day 3 cheat free...

Mims where are you friend we miss ya!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Mar-30-04, 18:58

BF:

suzzee, easier said than done on the pizza part. The reason why I like pizza is because of the crust. I don't really like any of the other stuff on it.
I know tjhis is a big no no. DH and I both agreeed to NO more Pizza. LOL