Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 10:03

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/182/140 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
Just a small mention.... nuts are not allowed on A-72.

Really?

I never owned an A72 copy.. I remember macadamias mentioned in the fat fast in one of the more recent versions..
In the past, I ate almonds and macadamias (like 1/4 cup a day) and it didnt interfere with my loss..

I guess I'll cut them out with my first stall
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 10:21

Plan: Atkins 1972 Induction
Stats: 228/137/138 Female 5' 4"
BF:What body fat??
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimby30
Really?

I never owned an A72 copy.. I remember macadamias mentioned in the fat fast in one of the more recent versions..
In the past, I ate almonds and macadamias (like 1/4 cup a day) and it didnt interfere with my loss..

I guess I'll cut them out with my first stall

Hi Coco
Jo put all the rules and instructions again on page one. No need to own your own copy as many including Jo, Paulette and Kimber pretty much have the book memorized verbatim so anything you need to know about Dr. A's original version is available from many on this thread.
Hate to mention but I don't think spinach and creamy dressings are on '72 either. Sorry. Hence the name Hard Core!
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 11:02

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

COCO, are ya trying for as low as you can go in carbs?
like A72 induction foods?

if so think as close to 0 carb as you can.

not on induction list is onion. I eat 1/3 teaspoon fresh chopped in my tuna. it is almost no carb.

some eat fresh garlic in meals even though it is not on induction list. it is thought of as a spice/herb but in reality it is a vegetable. but carbs are almost nil in a little.

pork rinds aren't on induction. sodium loaded but they are 0 carb so some eat those.

It is all about the carb count. stay as low to 0 as you can and even if some things are not on the A72 list we find they are allowed solely because they are almost nil or 0 carbs in them.

I am up to 5 total carbs per day max. Some days I eat 0 carb and some days 3 carbs and roll from there.

Jo posted info on the first 3-4 pages of the thread about alcohol, A72 foods to eat, info about fake sweeteners. read those and ya kinda know what we are doing.

you've done this before so you know what you can handle
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 12:02

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 330/229.5/149 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 56%

I am 9.3lbs from Onderland!!!
I am 60.2lbs from goal!!!

Nothing can stop me now! I have come so far this past year. My body is healthier. I am in a better mental state. I'm hopeful and excited about the future. I know for a fact that I will make it to goal.
I wish I could infect others with my motivation and resolve. My mom would be the first one on my list!

Hope everyone is having a good day!

KIMBER
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 12:08

BF:

Kimber you told me to hold the door open on Onederland. I am

AND YOU ARE RACING straight for it. VERY COOL and so happy you are so excited, proud and full of enthusiasm!!

I can't wait til ya bust thru the threshold. It is wonderful in ONEderland and once here we never go back

Smiling big time for you!!!!
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 12:34

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
pork rinds aren't on induction. sodium loaded but they are 0 carb so some eat those.

Pork rinds ARE on induction. They are pork - the skin, actually. They are completely allowed, and are even listed in the sample menus in his book in Chapter 15 MEAL PLANS AND RECIPES.
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 12:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
Pork rinds ARE on induction. They are pork - the skin, actually. They are completely allowed, and are even listed in the sample menus in his book in Chapter 15 MEAL PLANS AND RECIPES.

oh cool. I never saw them on the induction list so I thought they were not level 1.
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 13:29

BF:

Paulette - How are your buckets coming?!

I have spent the morning working on a paper I have to write for my Western Civilization class on the similarities and differences of Foundational Christianity and Foundational Islam. Now there's something that is going to help me be one heck of a nurse no?!
  #39   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 13:30

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Jo, my endo doctor had mention coconut oil as stimulating to thyroid. However, after three months of using it my thyroid numbers are bad. I know he said it wouldn't cure the thyroid but I have spent a lot on the stuff.

I am going to talk to him at my office visit and see if I can drop it.
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 13:33

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Paulette,

Congrats on another loss today and a great month so far👍
I think that is such a great idea to use the kitty litter boxes for planters. Very thrifty and a great way to recycle.
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 13:55

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbersh47
Paulette - How are your buckets coming?!

I have spent the morning working on a paper I have to write for my Western Civilization class on the similarities and differences of Foundational Christianity and Foundational Islam. Now there's something that is going to help me be one heck of a nurse no?!

I was not able to start painting my buckets as the colors I wanted are not available in store and I had to order them to be shipped to the store.
And as far as the similarities and differences between the foundations of Christianity and Islam goes, at least you will at least have something to talk to patients about! Other than that, I have no flipping idea why that would be a required subject for nursing.....at least it brigs you out of ignorance on the subject! Have fun writing your paper! (I always thought the foundations were the same...)
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 13:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Paulette,

Congrats on another loss today and a great month so far👍
I think that is such a great idea to use the kitty litter boxes for planters. Very thrifty and a great way to recycle.

Thank you Bernie! We have been using them for trash buckets in the garage. I figured I could make them all pretty and stuff!
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 14:09

BF:

Paulette - That's a bummer that they didn't have your paint. At least you have it on order! So what did you do today then? I just had a nice shower and got my tan in a can spread all nice and evenly. About to do my hair and then I have to go walk dogs at work. Then hubby and I are going to make a Sam's Club run! I love to look at their clothes and now that I'm not in plus sizes, I will be able to shop there!
I have to admit that the only thing I have ever heard about Islam is in the news which needless to say....does not get good press! So yes, this paper is enlightening me.
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 14:37

BF:

Kimber - because the day has been cold, with freezing rain and now some snow, I didn't do much at all except get the seeds in their little cells. Just hangin' low and watching ghost stories on TV. Our turkey breast turned out juicy and delicious, though!!!
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Mar-29-15, 15:20

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Page three on the new thread already...I'm late to the party!

Continued Happy Birthday, Jo Hope the turkey is delicious!

Congrats on the losses today, all! What a great month, March!

Thank you for posting the crucial info on the first page, Jo. As far as sticking to hard core, we can't go wrong with aiming for ZERO carbs while losing tremendous amounts of poundage. That way we can allow for incidental carb fractions in things like eggs and coffee. The tweaking we do is to individualize according to our own metabolisms. For me this means no dairy, no vegetables, no sweeteners. I rarely have bacon. It took months to get to know my metabolism quirks and I am still learning of course. All the time we rigidly adhere to the rules, without apology. There are many other places to ding around with this, not here! It may sound excessively strict like prison. For me, a formerly always-hungry never-satisfied unhappy fat lady, it has been the key to freedom. I really love to be able to come here with the few other people in the world who are as strict as I am. I don't know of another place. I wouldn't have been brave enough to do this on my own.
Closed Thread