Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 12:04

Plan: Cyclic Ketogenic Diet (Ti
Stats: 212/149/140 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itty
So, I will call and make reservations for 430 pm, Friday Feb 6 under Atkins

At the Quail and Firkin Pub, 1055 Yonge Street (toronto, duh) near Rosedale station.

I will be bringing some pictures of me pre-Atkins, and some info from the papers, etc. Don't feel obligated to bring anything but yourself and your form of money (I don't think Canadian Tire Money is accepted! )

So we have:

Rice_boi
Michele-67
Iklemiss
Itty
Glassgirl
Digitalgrl

And maybe Miss Vikki (we'll keep a chicken wing warm for you!! )

Rice_boi, I can imagine you running around in this tropical-for -Toronto-in-January weather! If you don't already know, Rosedale is one of the richest areas in town, so have a slow cruise on the side streets and gawk at the multi-million dollar homes (don't get lost!)

See everyone Friday around 430!

Mary

which multi-million dollar home is yours? ;D

for those who need a map... (i think i'm the only one that does haha...)
http://www.firkinpubs.com/findapub/ontario/quail.html

i'm usually walking around that area i frequent springrolls on yonge and sometimes chill at the chapters on bloor... parking should be easy there yay... i gotta learn how to take toronto public transport

see you all on friday!

Last edited by rice_boi : Tue, Feb-03-04 at 12:06.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 12:25

BF:

#33   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 12:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/163/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

Hi All -

I've been tired of the way I look for some time now and today (on a sick day) I decided to do something about it. I found this site and joined.

I've been following your conversations and I will definately join you some Friday night for wings - just give me some time to get into gear. It's nice to know there are others... : )

Talk to you soon.

N.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 16:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy34
Hi All -

I've been tired of the way I look for some time now and today (on a sick day) I decided to do something about it. I found this site and joined.

I've been following your conversations and I will definately join you some Friday night for wings - just give me some time to get into gear. It's nice to know there are others... : )

Talk to you soon.

N.

heya! come on to the meet it's basically going to be a fun get2gether for low-carb or soon-to-be lowcarb enthusiasts hehe... i'm sure the ladies (including the lady inside me) can give you tips on getting started out

btw, how many people are you reserving for Mary? there can't be too many people in the pub at 430pm sooo for those even just lurking, come along! BE THERE! or or ooorrr i guess if you're not there, you're gonna be somewhere else (how corny am i?! haha)

oh, by the way, my names eddie, or edward... it's gonna be wierd if we call each other by our codenames at the meet hahaha...

eddie aka edward aka rice_boi
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins sort of
Stats: 330/310/160 Female 5' - 4.5"
BF:more than 50%
Progress: 12%

Hi guys, I hope that you have a really great meet and a good time together. I'll be thinking of you. I live and work (part time) in Burlington and won't be able to join you this Friday but perhaps another time. The truth is I'm a bit of a wuss driving this time of year but once the weather clears...
Liz
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Feb-03-04, 19:52
Registered Member

Stats: 245/234/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 10%

So I guess that means I get some shopping time (or some overtime depending how my meeting goes Friday morning).

Looking forward to meeting you all!
  #37   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 15:53

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hmmm, shopping time or overtime... quite a quandary!

Well, eddie, I will likely go a little bit early and plunk myself down and say 6 or 8 are coming.

BTW all, I went on Wednesday to "review" the suggestion , and I found out some tempting things!

MENU:

-there are at least ten salads on the menu. I had the cajun chicken greek salad, and it was pretty good

-They have filet mignon if you want to treat yourself, and at lunch when I went, it was only 12.95

-RIB AND WING SPECIALS! 4pm to close, 4.95 per pound of wings and 6.95 for either beef or pork ribs and wings (with fries--make mine with a salad)

-Most importantly, they carry Sleeman Clear lo-carb beer, 2.5g of carbs! I have had it before, and it tastes like draft plus half a cup of water, which just means I'm gonna drink more... (no too much, I have to go out after, too)

- there's other goodies there, too, like hamburgers and chicken burgers, which I am sure they'll be happy to make "bun free".

BTW again, I will be sitting in non-smoking (I know, kinda dumb in a bar).

I really look forward to seeing everyone there!
Look for me: I am five feet tall (really--you can still see me over the tables!), I wear glasses and I'll probably dress all in black (not goth!).

Mary "Atkins"
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 16:10

BF:

i'll probably be going early too... class ends at 130pm so i'll proabably go straight downtown (to avoid the afternoon rush), shop (more like windowshop haha), then head over to firkins...

focus your eyes a few inches down... that's me... but i'll be wearing glasses haha... i may look different coz i look totally different when i'm hungry

holy crap i'm definately going for the wings!!
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 16:52
Registered Member

BF:

Hi,

Eddie - i will probably see you window shopping! (I have promised myself no new clothes until I am a smaller dress size)

Wings and salad sounds good to me too.

No idea what I will be wearing - but I will probably be the only one with an English accent I wear glasses too - they are going to think we are a strange bunch! All wearing glasses and turning down fries.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 17:52

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss
Hi,

Eddie - i will probably see you window shopping! (I have promised myself no new clothes until I am a smaller dress size)

Wings and salad sounds good to me too.

No idea what I will be wearing - but I will probably be the only one with an English accent I wear glasses too - they are going to think we are a strange bunch! All wearing glasses and turning down fries.

turning down fries, refusing ketchup, but asking to pile on the mayo hahahaha

there's a chapter's/starbucks nearby right? i might buy 2 of those new atkins nutritional approach books, read them and give them to my grandma (she lost 14lbs under my supervision she's so happy) and one to my friend who fell off the wagon but wanting to get back on again

if any of you torontonians happen to bump into me... don't hessitate to give me the "secret" lowcarber handshake hhahahaha

Last edited by rice_boi : Wed, Feb-04-04 at 17:54.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 19:04

Stats: 197/191/145 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 12%

Hi everyone. I just got back on the forum today after a long absence from Atkins. I was browsing the sight, looking for some kind of support group in the Toronto area and I found this thread. Is a newbie (okay, pseudo-newbie) welcome to join the party on Friday? I work downtown and would love to meet some fellow LCers.

Sam (aka Hippy Girl)
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 19:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippy Girl
Hi everyone. I just got back on the forum today after a long absence from Atkins. I was browsing the sight, looking for some kind of support group in the Toronto area and I found this thread. Is a newbie (okay, pseudo-newbie) welcome to join the party on Friday? I work downtown and would love to meet some fellow LCers.

Sam (aka Hippy Girl)

sure! come on along! i'm more of a newbie than you... (according to when we joined the forums)... we should get some kind of discount since we're advertising firkins for free on the forums haha
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 23:45

BF:

for those going to the meet or around the yonge and bloor area... there's a great store i found (lowcarb and other nutrition stuff).. check out my thread http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=164697 you can go there before or after the meet

that's where i buy my supplements (protein) + lowcarb stuff... great prices!
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 09:20

Stats: 169/132/132 Female 153 cm
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Quail and Firkin, 430 pm Friday Feb 6

Hey y'all

Yes, Sam, definitely join us! So far, we have:

Eddie
Michele-67
Iklemiss
Mary
Sam

and I am not sure if these folks have confirmed:
Glassgirl
Digitalgrl
Vikki (chicken wing will still be warm for you...)

So that nutrition depot is near Yonge and Bloor, eh? I guess I'll have to take a peek....

Mary

Last edited by Itty : Thu, Feb-05-04 at 09:23.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 09:54
Registered Member

BF:

Guess it would help if you knew my name
Emma