Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-13, 00:20

Plan: Atkins / Keto / ZC
Stats: 182/130/130 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 100%

Update on the Fat Fast. I finished the Fat Fast on the 10th day, then since I have been eating a few more calories, and trying to get as much fat as I can. I am still losing weight, although a few drinks of champagne knocked me out of ketosis for a day. My breakfast is two scrambled eggs, and three pieces of streaky bacon. Lunch is pepperoni with cream cheese. I have a snack of macadamia nuts, and tonight's dinner is pork with crackling. I will monitor my ketosis and weight loss on this way of eating. My understanding is that people who are metabolically resistant to losing weight can stay on the fat fast for longer, if they have no ill health impacts.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-13, 10:36

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 227/227/160 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Mintaka, how much have you lost since you started the FF? pepperoni and cream cheese for lunch sounds YUMMY!!! Hubby and I are thinking of starting the FF...I tried eating some butter with salt yesterday as a snack, 2 pats of butter...VERY GOOD.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-13, 11:48

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some

I think since you are basically following an NK plan that there is no need for concern and you can stay on it indefinitely.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-13, 21:46

BF:

I have lost 5 lbs on Fat Fast. I did it 9 days, but have been knocked out of ketosis by adding protein and some mushrooms and veggies to diet (20 g carbo), so back on Fat Fast today. My weight will not come off easily. And no, my measurements are not changing at all. Been stuck and knocked out of ketosis for the past week.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-13, 17:42

BF:

Ketostix only indicating one block from neutral at 9:30 am today. Last time I did the fat fast, it took two to three days to register on Ketostix. Oh, I weighed 179.8 this morning.

Last edited by Mintaka : Mon, Feb-04-13 at 17:57.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-13, 11:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

FF has been a lifesaver for me. I was getting really depressed and frantic after a month of zero loss in inchs or pounds. I was repeadily going over and over my written journal trying to see where I went wrong. I know its just silly but I just needed to see even a small change in the scale or measurements to reinforce that I can do this. FF did that for me. I lost 4 pounds with three days of FF. I carbed up on day four like I planned then had a unplanned cheat ( that was unlike me I rarely have unplanned food) and regained one pound but three pounds of the four I lost on ff are holding. I was really worried everything I lost on FF would be water weight because it seems unreal to lose that fast. Its really heartening to know that its not and I have a way to break this stall.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Feb-05-13, 17:11

BF:

OK day 3 of second FF:
Weight 178.8 lbs
Ketostix: one block above neutral

Diet for FF is two scrambled eggs with cream fried in bit of coconut oil, mid morning 1 oz macadamia nuts, afternoon is 2 oz brie and evening is 1 oz brie with 1 oz pate.
  #38   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-13, 10:41

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some

You guys are doing great!!
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-13, 12:02

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 227/227/160 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm on Day 3....but I've done FF for breakfast and lunch, then an induction type dinner....we'll see what happens.....I will say this, I have NOT been hungry....even when dinner rolls around...I think I need to work on NOT eating when I'm NOT hungry, even if it's "dinner" time....Hubby is trying fat fast next week so tomorrow will be my last day, then I'll try again on Monday.
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-13, 15:56

BF:

Day 4 of Second FF:
Weight = 178.8 lb
Ketostix = 2 blocks above neutral.

Finally hitting mild ketosis on the morning of Day 4. I intend to stay on FF until 14th Feb, when Valentines Day Dinner will be eaten with glee. I intend steak and salad, with a few glasses of wine.

I have gained about 7 lbs since this time last year, and so have some 'weigh' to go.
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-13, 16:02

BF:

Day 5 of Second FF:
Weight 179.8
Ketostix: 1 block above normal

So I have not lost any weight on day five, nor have I regained previous levels of ketosis.

:-(
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-13, 16:19

Plan: Carnivore & LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I think the fact that you are responding to the Fat Fast is very encouraging; it shows you are insulin resistant, but with care and patience, this condition does turn around.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-13, 18:50

BF:

Yes, my mother was obese (400 lb ++), and my father was thin. Both had adult on set diabetes. This is the first time in my life where I have had significant difficulty losing weight.
I don't want to end up with diabetes, and any steps to reduce insulin resistance I can take, will be taken.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-13, 09:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

I,m going to play around and see if I can make a ff safe cream cheese soup. I hope you get a whoosh soon 5 days on ff with no loss is depressing, sooner or later your body will have to give it up lets keep our fingers crossed your just retaining water and will get a whoosh soon. Big hugs from here I know how hard it is to see that scale or measuring tape not budge.

Last edited by madeyna : Fri, Feb-08-13 at 10:32.
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-13, 12:36

BF:

Thanks madeyna. I needed that. At my age the weight loss is excrutiatingly slow.