Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 04:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hey, I woke up this morning to find out that we were scooted over here. Hope everyone found this ok. I guess this is our new home. I'm not so thrilled, but I guess it's an adjustment we can make.

I'm off to the gym. I'm going to be gone all day, but plan to take a notebook with me and jot down everything I eat.

Will check in this evening.

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME GREAT REPORTS ON THE FIRST DAY OF CHANGES !!!

Love
Major Red

By the way; here's my list:

~~LAY OUT WORK OUT CLOTHES THE NIGHT BEFORE

~~EXERCISE DAILY; AT LEAST 30 MIN OF CARDIO

~~10 GLASSES OF WATER DAILY, AND KEEP TRACK

~~TAKE ALL REQUIRED VITAMINS AND SUPPLEMENTS

~~ENTER FOODS INTO FITDAY

~~FOLLOW STRICT INDUCTION RULES, NO ASPERTAME, ALCOHOL, AND MEASURE FOODS FOR ACCURACY

Last edited by wordlady : Mon, Jun-09-03 at 04:48.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

Ran this morning and have just been brave and virtuous in the supermarket, walking straight past the booze section!

Didn't drink enough water, but drank some at least.

Lost 2 pounds and 2cm off my waist over the weekend, so that was pretty much an incentive stick with this (been strict for a week now, except had a couple of glasses of wine at the weekend).

Using Fitday again is what's really working - keeping the carbs below 30 and the calories at x12.

Hope everyone's had a good day, Jay
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 07:34
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 178.5/174/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default hanging in there

i keep hearing that the last 10 pounds are the hardest to lose, lets hope it doesn't last forever... i am at the same weight i was last week but am okay with that, it was a few weeks before i had a *whoosh* so maybe that's just my bodies weightloss style... i've lost a few more inches so that's pretty good news, i wish more on my hips than in my boobs but hey, fat is fat... hahaha

i will continue to exercise, drink my water and pay close attention to my carb intake... i will be visiting my sister this weekend and her kitchen is always stocked with great junkfood for the kids - it will be tough but i can manage... i am excited to hit the super walmart to see if they have those low-carb frozen meals... :-)

have a great week everyone!!!

~jodi
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 08:02

Plan: atkins (testing hf/mp)
Stats: 157/143.2/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:why i oughta...
Progress: 69%
Angry UP not Down!

I weigh 141.6 this morning...almost two pounds MORE than I did when I began this challenge four days ago. It's so discouraging! I'm drinking more water, getting more exercise, eating less than 25 carbs a day, and not having treats. I just came off a 3-months-late TOM and was hoping for a whoosh not a wham.

I've packed low carb snacks/lunch for the field trip to Magic Mountain with my son's class today. Maybe a few scary rides will scare some pounds off me.

How's everyone else doing?

Ellie
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 10:26

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Good Morning everyone

Well yesterday I was down a 1/2 #, but I never bother record 1/2's, darn good thing to, cause that little sucker found me again today !

I'm all loaded up with my daily food for a 9 hour mid morning shift, have a good day all.

Cheers Kathy
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 10:50

Plan: Lo-carb/calorie counting
Stats: 148/125/125 Female 64 in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Well, I'm on day 2 of keeping at no more than 12% of goal, but I have to say that it ain't easy for me! I started recording at Fitday and was pretty surprised to see how quickly my calories add up. I must have been eating more like 25% of goal.

And I'm hungry. I don't know if I'll be able to do this all week, actually. I do exercise every day and I'm thinking maybe I need those calories. Anyhow, I'll hang in for another few days if I can, and see if it gets any easier. Meanwhile - no loss on the scale.
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 11:14

I've got to say that I reckon if we're hungry we should eat. Too much of that and your metabolism starts to drop - not what we need!
I try to eat mainly fat as extra with some protein.
If we're exercising we do need more calories. The x12 is just a guideline.
x12 would give me 1644 calories. I'm eating between 1750 and 2000 on average and still losing
(I had slipped into eating 3000 and 100 carbs a day - I definitely didn't lose on that!)
I think hunger is your body telling you it needs more fuel - so give it some, starving it only causes problems.
Just my two penn'orth (cents!)
Jay
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 20:25

BF:

I everybody~~

Whew, what a busy couple of days!!!

I'm in day 2 of Fitday posting. I'm pleased with the results of that. I took my supplements/vitamins yesterday; but had company today and got distracted.

While i'm doing good on water, I'm still not keeping track.

I avoided the aspertame a BUNCH of times. Today I was DYING for one of my delicious "chocolate" shakes with the sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix, but hey, it has ASPERTAME.

Those ROCK and are PROMPTLY going into my diet when I get down to goal.

My company goes home tomorrow, and i'm looking forward to a more sane existance and better focus.

I did exercise too....so progress is BEING MADE.

I look forward to hearing from the rest of you on the new habits!!!
  #39   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 05:57

Stats: 156.8/136/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%
Default checking in

Well this is the start of day three. So far I have not had one piece of choc. candy (reeces p. cups) I do have a weakness though. After dinner I want something sweet. I still have some Le Carb ice cream. I have been exercising daily, and weights too. Water is never a problem for me. Do all of you feel you are in ketosis? Because if we were, we wouldn't be hungry or having cravings, right?
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 10:13

Plan: atkins (testing hf/mp)
Stats: 157/143.2/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:why i oughta...
Progress: 69%
Default ketosis

junebug when i was on induction, my strips were always reddish purple, as soon as i added in strawberries i went to "trace" or "small." I no longer have keto-mouth nor do I feel like i did during induction. I still eat 20-25 carbs a day and I haven't lost a thing since i went off. I'm thinking of cutting out the berries for a week to see what happens. i don't know what else it could be that changed. I don't eat a lot of fake treats uness i'm out and have no other choice for food.

ellie
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 11:32

Ellie - just a thought. How are you with dairy? I know it stalls quite a few women, even if their carb counts are low.
For myself, whenever I cut or reduce the dairy, the pounds start to shift again. Its not the same for everyone I know.
Hope you find the answer, Jay
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 11:42

Stats: 160/127/125 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:30%/28.7%/??
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up

Hi! I'd like to join!

My DH and I started Atkins 2 years ago, and I got within 4 lbs of my goal weight!!

But then... we had financial trouble and got off the diet so we could stretch our meals with carbs.

We put on some pounds, and felt terrible, so we're back on and staying on.

So... I'm back to 10 lbs to lose. Actually, I don't really care about the pounds themselves. I want to lose that stubborn belly and tone up, and maintain the loss.

This time around, I am seeing changes, but they are slower than the first time. <sigh>. I think I need to really be more strict about staying on *induction* and not just thinking along OWL or maintenance lines.

Here is the best thing that worked for me for keeping track of water consumption: I fill up a pitcher of water every morning, and instead of counting glasses of water, my goal is to drink that whole pitcher. If I go out, I take some water out of the pitcher and put it in a sports bottle so I can still measure how much I'm drinking.

I also try to drink a glass of water before having any other beverage. If I want some of that Aloe Splash stuff (which Costco sells- made with Splenda and 0 carbs!) I drink a glass of water first.

Anyone else doing pilates to tone up? Any good DVD or video recommendations?

Shel
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 15:22

BF:

Hi all

I'm so glad to have you guys with me. I really was afraid that when this thread was moved that we lost everyone.

OMG I did something SO STUPID today. I am REALLY sick with a migraine, and I had an apple. I have had around 900 calories the past two days, and figured it wouldn't be so bad. I ate it with peanut butter and THEN posted to fitday. OH MY GOD, it had 21 carbs!!! No wonder I've always loved apples. I mean, I knew they'd be higher, but not THAT high.

Live and learn, and Fitday is teaching me.

I feel like I'm losing, but haven't weighed.
Tomorrow, when I'm better, I'm getting to the gym and will be BACK IN ATTACK MODE!!!

Thanks for the water tips. There seems to be no continuity to my life. For eating, I have no problem, you can get salads and chicken anywhere. Water too. I know I had my water today, 4 big 16 ouncers so far. I need to be more scientific about it though.

So, team, on a scale of 1 - 10, how do you score your upgraded efforts since Monday???
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Jun-11-03, 19:32

Stats: 156.8/136/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%

If I could stay out of the pecans and almonds I would say an 8. I just can't seem to though. I went to step class and also lifted weights this morning. After dinner, dh and I went for our 1 1/2 mile walk. The exercise isn't a problem. I haven't been really good about counting how many carbs I consume. Are you all counting? Sandy
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jun-12-03, 11:30
Registered Member

Stats: 145/135/120 Female 67.00
BF:24%

I am glad this post was started. I am within 13 lbs. of goal. I may need to readjust my goal weight to 140. I am short but muscular build. I am currently wearing a size 8 in pants and 6 in skirts. I think my body has changed since I recently turned 40. I can wear smaller clothes at a higher weight. I will probably use body fat % to reach my goal. Based on my build and calculations, weighing 135-141 should equate to 22 body fat.