Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#361   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 09:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/135/120 Female 5' 3
BF:156/135/120
Progress: 58%

Congrats everyone. Glad to here about all you losers. I am not going to weigh. I have guaged myself by my clothes. So as of last night I am in a size 5/6 in slacks and size 7/8 in jeans. So now I will work on size 3/4. Maybe by my Birthday I will be in size 5/6 in jeans that is going to be ultimate. Congrats everyone.
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 09:58

Plan: lchf
Stats: 325/264/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Talking Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!

hey every one....well i didnt cheat and i didnt loose either
oh well .......guess one day i will wake up with a loss....and my blood sugars are better and my colestorol is down(i still cant spell though}
Hope you hall have a very happy halloween and congrads to all you loosers!!!!!!
maggie
  #363   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 11:37
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Thumbs up Weighing in~ minus 6 lb. so far

I still have not decided whether I want to weigh myself for the end of the month~ if I do, I will post it here tomorrow~ but right now, you can put me down for a 6 lb. loss, because that is the weight I had lost since the last time I had weighed, for the Autumn challenge.One of these days I will actually add some exercise... not just the normal day to day activities, and of chasing KaeLyn about, y'all who have kids... remember back to the days of them being 1 y.o., she is an active lil' girl!!Tomorrow marks 6 weeks of low carbing. I have made a lot of progress, because I have not given into emotional/stress eating/overeating once! This is a wonderful thing for me, because it is that very reason why I got up to this weight in the first place! I am relearning new ways to deal with things, healthier ways to deal with things.I invite all of you over to the visualization/affirmation thread~ check it out, even if you don't decide to join in~ just pop over to look~ the link is at the bottom of my signature~ and congrats to those who lost during this challenge~ and even to those who stayed the same! Hey... there's a lot to be said for not gaining weight also!!
  #364   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%
Default Happy Halloween...

Hope everyone did well for the Halloween challenge. Had sort of a challenge with my health this time and wasn't able to participate or meet everyone this time...but, I plan to join the Thanksgiving challenge....so, hopefully those of you that I don't know...I'll meet over there. Not sure what my beginning weight was but I think it was around 163....so, my weight loss was about 6 pounds. I really feel good about that
  #365   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 15:59

Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%
Default It's over...whew!

I'm so glad this month is over. I don't know why I had such a hard month. With only a 3 pound loss, I could cry. But on the other hand, with all my cheating, - I'm still at 198! THANK GOODNESS, I didn't gain!

Today I am off of those antibiotics. They messed me up terrible by killing my appetite and making me feel a tad ill at times. Now, let the eating begin. And it's a nice boost as well to be ending TOM too at the same time. So I'm feeling positive about the upcoming weeks before Thanksgiving.

I might pop into that Thanksgiving challenge to say hello, but I don't think I'm going to join. I have so many projects I need to get done right now and need to stay off this computer. I need to finish that quilt for my nephew. There is a picture I have been wanting to start painting too. Hubby is going to go nuts if I keep buying craft project supplies and don't make anything! HA!

So if it seems like I've left forever, just know I'm thinking about all you gals and I'm not giving up LC for anything!

Carianne
  #366   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 16:44
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Ok, Didn't cheat this challenage and am looking forward to the next one. I lost a pound and am thankful. Hope for more weightloss with the thanksgiving challange. Hope all the stalls are behind me. Congrats to all that have lost and look forward to seeing you all in the thanksgiving challange. Thank you to the no cheat crew for pardoning me on the sugar mistake. I hope it will not happen again, but am sure that it will. With starting new food all the time, I know I get bored fast. Good luck to all and have a great day.

Amber
  #367   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 21:55
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

OK... with the reports so far we have a total of 29 pounds gone... and some lower cholesterol and looser clothes and smaller size pants and slacks!!!!! Woooohoooo so far... everyone keep reporting in... I couldn't help myself, I had to do a total for so far... hmmm who hasn't reported in yet... some people weigh in on different days of the week!!!!!

Good luck on the Thanksgiving challenge everyone!!!
  #368   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 23:16

Stats: 195/182/135
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Carianne Nooooooooooo.....

C'mon Carianne, what's a little challenge? Just check in every few days to see how our cheatin' hearts...ooops.... that's the country music forum...I mean cheatin' appetites are doing!! We'll miss you!! We'll be checking your journal to see how you are doing!!!
  #369   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 05:40
Registered Member

Stats: 154/142/125
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default I dont think i get it

So, all you gotta do is promise yourself not to cheat? Or promisethe forum you wont cheat? Is there a public punsihment that occurs if you do cheat??

Very interested in this no cheating thing...would love some details! What else is involved in the challenge?

Qs: Is sugar free jell-o ok?

Thanks.

Last edited by intanzania : Fri, Nov-01-02 at 05:46.
  #370   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 06:47

Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Hi intanzania

The more the merrier, we're moving over to the No Cheat Till Thanksgiving thread. The thread is "simply put", a supportive group of girls (guys are welcome too) that come and post how they are doing on their LC plan, what is a cheat is up to you and your plan. We do not punish but we sure do cheer for each other. Everyone has their own struggles and we share the good days and the bad.
As far as the SF jello goes, if it makes you're weight stall, then it may not be a good thing for you. Some people can add sugar substatutes and have no problems, others it makes them crave and still others, their bodies release insulin even at the taste of sweet ( which is what LC is suppose to control) so they have to eliminate it from their diet.
So I hope I was helpful and come on over to the Thanksgiving challenge. You are officially on if you want.
Yours Truely Jo-Ann
  #371   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 09:25
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi All-
5 Pounds Gone for October!
~Michelle
  #372   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 11:21
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Talking fate and weight

Well, I FINALLY decided that I would weigh in for this challenge. I mean surely I lost some weight since Oct.20th! Went to the back porch, and got out the scale, sat it down, tapped it.... nothing... hmmm... is it broke? Oh yeah... I took out the battery...grumble...grumble... where did I put that? Hmmmm...oh yeah, went to living room and dug battery out of desk.... got little door off of scale..put "scale's food" in .... put scale on floor...tapped it...watched and waited patiently for zero to appear...FINALLY got on the digital scale...numbers appear...waiting...waiting for them to finalize...get a Lo message on readout...battery died!!! it figures!!!!So guess my input is going to remain 6 pounds! Guess I wasn't supposed to get on that scale just yet!
  #373   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 11:58
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

funny suze....

OK..we're up to 34 pounds now...
Someone else will have to keep track now...because in 3 minutes I will turn off my computer and not be back on until Monday... that is if my honey takes me to Reno...