Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-11, 01:22

Plan: dr. Boz Keto Continuum
Stats: 265/226/165 Female 175 centimeters
BF:53/46.8/21
Progress: 39%

Wow, great ideas, everyone! Another random thing I dream of buying, suddenly in vogue again last fall or so, is the classic belted trenchcoat...

A really great quality, expensive one that fits me to a T. And WITH the lovely cape-like shoulder-flaps, thank you very much!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-11, 07:44

Plan: Paleo/Primal VLC
Stats: 348/316/190 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

I want to wear real jeans again. Ones made of denim, with a waistband and fly and five pockets, no stretch denim 'mom' jeans with elastic waists and saggy butts.

I want to be able to buy a dressmaker's dummy so I can make my own clothes so they fit right but right now I can't find one in my size range.

I want to make a dress for a Renn Faire that makes me the saucy wench, not some matronly thing.

Halloween costumes that are not livestock.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-11, 10:22

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 240/225/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

There was an outfit Christine Baranski wore in the movie The Birdcage - for the life of me, I can't find a picture of it.
It was a skinny black outfit with a long, light leopard coat. Gorgeous! But you must be thin to pull it off.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-11, 11:00

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Halloween costumes that are not livestock.

#20   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-11, 11:08

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Yes Kat, boots -- but i fear that NO amount of losing is going to make my calves fit into boots and look good. Ever know a ballet dancer? How they can be terribly thin and still have ENORMOUS calves? I'm afraid that will be me. Still, this page is for dreaming, so I'll say boots -- RIDING BOOTS! Ha! And jodpurs, with a fitted button-up shirt like Nix Carbs linked to....and then go riding without giving myself two black eyes
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-11, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/143/135 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 86%

I would just like to be able to tuck in my shirt and not look like I am in my 4th quad-mester of male pregnancy or some kind of watermelon smuggler.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-11, 04:11

I do have a T-shirt I'll be wearing this summer, it's the "I raided my brother's closet" size XL men's shirt kind, but it IS mine, LOL!

We both (younger brother and I) went to a festival this last fall, after several other headliners including the national broadcasting corporation (NRK)'s symphony orchestra, KORK, playing music from the Norwegian MMORPG Age of Conan, and the electronica duo Röyksopp, Jean Michel Jarre closed the event. Wanna guess who I was there to see?

So I got an Oxygene T-shirt. I'm wearing that this summer come hell or high water!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-11, 06:28
Registered Member

Plan: Keto (Sort of)
Stats: 425/319/250 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk18
I would just like to be able to tuck in my shirt and not look like I am in my 4th quad-mester of male pregnancy or some kind of watermelon smuggler.

+1 on this one, amigo!

This is a great thread

There are a lot of things I'd like to wear, and occasionally think about. It's mostly just that I'd like the freedom to wear what I want, or at least have some more options.

If I had to pick one...I'd probably say that I'd like to look good in a tuxedo. Weddings are a fat guy's worst nightmare, lol. My latest strategy is when I think one of my good friends is on the verge of marriage, I start berating and throwing cabbages at them in hopes of deteriorating the relationship to the point of not being asked to partake in their wedding so I don't have to wear a tux.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Feb-25-11, 07:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 312/290.2/127 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Clothes without an X in the size...real blue jeans...sexy bras
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-11, 06:55

Plan: Low carb Paleo
Stats: 294/292/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burk

Weddings are a fat guy's worst nightmare, lol. My latest strategy is when I think one of my good friends is on the verge of marriage, I start berating and throwing cabbages at them in hopes of deteriorating the relationship to the point of not being asked to partake in their wedding so I don't have to wear a tux.

Welcome to the forum, Burk!

How about being able to wear a white dress like the one Lindsey Lohan wore as she walked into the courthouse a couple weeks ago? And look like her as you wear it. Wouldn't that be nice.......
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-11, 19:03
Absurdtive

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272.5/174.4/165 Female 5'4
BF:44?/32.6/20
Progress: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniMin
How about being able to wear a white dress like the one Lindsey Lohan wore as she walked into the courthouse a couple weeks ago? And look like her as you wear it. Wouldn't that be nice.......

Well yes...except for the part about walking into a courthouse under threat of jail. But yes the dress sounds good

--Melissa
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Feb-26-11, 21:05

Plan: VLC
Stats: 248/188.8/148 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 59%

I don't even have a specific style in mind... I just want to be able to go shopping with my skinny friends and not have to be in completely different stores. Outlet shopping will be a totally new experience if I can get out of plus sizes!
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Feb-27-11, 01:17

One, I would like to be able to wear Levi's, or other brand-name jeans, not knock-offs, *just because I can*. Not that I'd base my wardrobe around them, I don't like jeans that much, but for once...

Two, I'd like to shop in the same store, like the above, as my friends, and not be stuck in the tiny plus-size section with the uninteresting colors and shapes. (two years ago I bought three T-shirts at Hennes & Maurits, a special one downtown that actually HAS a plus-size section, most of them don't, and I had to choose from white, black and olive. The "normal-girl" racks right next to them had all the coolors of the rainbow...)

Three, I'd like to be able to shop thrift stores! I know you can find great deals, or even that wonderful word, steals, but I can't fit into any of them...

Four, I visited England last summer with my choir, and we're going back this fall to fill in for the Gloucester Cathedral Choir for a week (/end completely shameless and very excited plug), and last time I went into clothes stores that I'd only heard about, like Gap or Primark, and I couldn't shop at all... On vacation and unable to shop, or on vacation and shop-till-I-drop? Hmmm... Tough one!
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Feb-28-11, 12:32

Plan: Slowcarb
Stats: 340/274.4/198 Female 170
BF:
Progress: 46%

*waves*

Love the ideas here - especially the pinup girl clothing range. Must look that up.

Equinox, I'd also love to nab some bargains at Primark. I can fit their socks and handbags, that's about it...

My dream would be a wardrobe full of clothes that fit properly, reflect my personality and (mostly) don't cost the earth. Oh and shorts, I want to look great in shorts...
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-11, 17:39

Plan: my own
Stats: 290/189/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 72%

I have wanted a Victoria's Secret Bra....got one LAST WEEK! woohoo!! =) Nice little push up number in the Body by Victoria Line. It is so comfy...and well...I LOOK GOOD! LOL. =)