Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-10, 05:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 252/210/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

I can understand the feeling of being overwhelmed by the amount of weight i need to lose but ive been thinking. i already lost like 30lbs. at the begining of this year if you asked me to lose 30lbs i wouldnt know what to do or where to start. that would have been unbelieveable to me. i really like the graph where we can input our weight and see our progress. seeing that line head down has been one of the biggest motvators for me so far. i think part of this change for me is about being honest. i feel like if i give myself 5-10lb goals i am not being honest. i need to lose a lot of weight and lying to myself isnt going to make it any easier. but coming on this site and reading everyone elses posts helps me realize that not everyone can do this the same way. we are all different and different things work better for different people. im just glad we are all trying to get healthier.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-21-10, 08:03

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhghatesyo
I can understand the feeling of being overwhelmed by the amount of weight i need to lose but ive been thinking. i already lost like 30lbs. at the begining of this year if you asked me to lose 30lbs i wouldnt know what to do or where to start.

Such a good point! Often times when I am yo-yoing now in this phase 2 of my program I feel like I'm failing. How easy it is to forget how far I've come already. 63lbs gone! That is 3x the size of my 20lb dog. When I pick her up and realize I was carrying three times that weight on my body before, it smacks me in the face how much I've changed. I need to be proud of that.

Don't forget how much you've accomplished already on your journey to goal.
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-10, 05:38

Stats: 252/210/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

exactly. i have been having a hard time even believing the scale when it shows what ive lost. i still have a lot to go but everyday is a new day and will bring new challenges. knowing that is half the battle.

Pinkclouds i noticed that our stats are kind of the same ( great job getting under 200!!) so seeing someone like you that has kind of the same numbers that has been sucessful helps me!
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-10, 08:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhghatesyo

Pinkclouds i noticed that our stats are kind of the same ( great job getting under 200!!) so seeing someone like you that has kind of the same numbers that has been sucessful helps me!

Hey thanks! It's nice to know that I can be of help to someone. I have a hard time considering myself "successful" and seeing posts like this help remind me that I am . I'm not giving up the fight.

Come on Bhghatesyo- let's do this together!
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-10, 11:26

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkclouds
I have a hard time considering myself "successful" and seeing posts like this help remind me that I am [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img].

I totally get what you mean about that. When I tell people I've lost almost 50lbs, they're like "OMG! That's amazing!" And I'm just like... ehhh... Not really! It's so hard for me to think of 50lbs as an amazing accomplishment because I know how much more I need to lose and I know where I started. I'm lucky enough to look at least 20-30lbs smaller than my actual weight, so the few people who know how much more I want to lose think I'll look anorexic by the time I'm done. Only two people outside of this forum know my actual weight. My husband and my therapist. And I didn't even tell my therapist until I was down to 208 and he was pretty surprised.
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-10, 11:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaec
Only two people outside of this forum know my actual weight. My husband and my therapist.

I have the same "lucky" problem. My husband doesn't know how much I weigh. He thinks I weigh about 20lbs less than I do. When I was over 200 and would get weighed at the Dr. the nurse was always surprised when she had to move the bar from 150 to 200. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing anymore.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Oct-22-10, 12:17

Yeah, I mean it's good when I'm really heavy because I never look as heavy as I am. But it's bad in that I have to lose 30-40lbs before anyone can tell a difference.

I didn't tell my husband my weight until I lost almost 20lbs. I was surprised he didn't make a big thing about it because even after losing 20lbs I weighed about the same as he did. Luckily I'm about 30lbs less than him now. I'm still self-conscious though because I remember really early in our relationship I'd gained a bit when I quit smoking. It was the one (and only! haha) time he made a negative comment about my weight. And even then I weighed about 7lbs less than I do right now. I always remember that and think he's not going to be attracted to me until I'm like AT LEAST 20lbs less than I am right now, but more likely 30 or 40lbs less.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-10, 17:13

I just want to say... I am so, so, so close to being under 200. I'm obsessing about it, I think.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Oct-29-10, 19:19

Plan: Atkins/Bernstein
Stats: 307/297/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress:

I have a lot ot lose, but very LC is the only way I can go without getting hungry and thus eating less, snacking less. Also, I need this for my diabetes. I look at how much weight I have to lose, and it is disheartening, but I find much inspiration here to keep on and not give up.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-10, 08:28
Keepin' It Real

Plan: IF
Stats: 250/160/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 90%

I can only say that the journey does have an end. That desired weight will come. Then, there's a new journey that begins: maintenance and working out a way to be from now on to keep the weight loss and develop a new life. That is the journey I am on now, and in a way, it's just as harrowing as the weight loss phase.

The rate at which you lost weight in the past was then. The rate you're losing now is what is now. You can't compare them really. Too many factors have changed. Staying in the present and forgetting about the past is helpful. Trying to resist what is only brings frustration.

Best wishes to you on your journey!
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-10, 15:53

BlueSojrn- You're right. Things are different now than they were then. To try to help put that in perspective... I actually used fitday back in 2004/2005 to track my weight loss so the actual progress is still in there. I compared it to now and the reason it FEELS like I'm losing slower is because I lost so much in the first month back in 2004. (27lbs in the first month in 2004 versus 12.4lbs in my first month in 2010). Other than that... my rate of weight loss is about the same or maybe even faster. Just that extra 15lbs I lost so fast back then made it feel so much faster. You take the first month out of the equation and it seems to make a lot more sense.

On the bright side, this may very well be my last day over 200.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-10, 17:02

Plan: my own
Stats: 224.8/207/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

fingers crossed and sending woosh wishes that you are under 200 for good and entering ONEDERLAND tomorrow morning.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-10, 18:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/222/166 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

I just got under 200 this week and I thought I would never get there. Was hovering right above it for months! YOu can do it chica and it will feel amazing...keep going!
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-10, 21:41

Thank you!!! I hope it happens tomorrow!!
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Nov-05-10, 21:46

Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire_dancr
I just got under 200 this week and I thought I would never get there. Was hovering right above it for months! YOu can do it chica and it will feel amazing...keep going!

Huge congrats - wow!!!!!