Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-10, 09:52

Plan: Dr. Eric Westman's/Atkins
Stats: 150/148/132 Female 5'-4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

At the rate you are losing, you'll probably lose 37 before I finish losing 6. If you do, I'm gonna reach through my computer and whack you on your pointed little head!!! It certainly is frustrating losing beside a man. My husband has lost 12 more pounds this month and only has 17 more to go. I really am wondering if he will reach goal before I do! I want him to succeed though because he just had his knee replaced and I know he will feel much better walking at his new lighter weight. I never thought I'd get him on South Beach but he said yesterday he really does love it. By the way Bill, he does have sweet potatoes, butternut squash or field peas and it hasn't slowed him one bit!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-10, 21:07

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 310/216/225 Male 6'-4"
BF:34/20/20
Progress: 111%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroangie
At the rate you are losing, you'll probably lose 37 before I finish losing 6. If you do, I'm gonna reach through my computer and whack you on your pointed little head!!! It certainly is frustrating losing beside a man. My husband has lost 12 more pounds this month and only has 17 more to go. I really am wondering if he will reach goal before I do! I want him to succeed though because he just had his knee replaced and I know he will feel much better walking at his new lighter weight. I never thought I'd get him on South Beach but he said yesterday he really does love it. By the way Bill, he does have sweet potatoes, butternut squash or field peas and it hasn't slowed him one bit!

Haha... don't you just HATE men?!!!!

My wife wants to whack me on the head every day! Especially when I say... "I lost another pound!"

I know it's harder for women... it has been for my wife. We just don't eat very much on this diet. It's almost a competition to see who can eat the least amount every day! (not quite that extreme, but when I say... "I'm having some strawberries... you want some?", why does she always say... "No thanks!" with a slight smile on her face?!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, May-03-10, 11:33

Plan: SBD
Stats: 148/141.4/120 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 24%

It's really good to read your post right now, coz I feel so frustrated with my weight.It went down wonderfully the first 10 days of my starting the diet and after that NOTHING for months!!! Went to SBD phase 2,gained on a slice of fruit! Got back to SBD 1...got frustrated again by no loss......Then started eating loads to get out of depression. Now again back to SBD phase 1 for past 10 days or so - No loss! And i'm strict with what I eat and how much. I also drink plenty of water, gave up fugescicles also. Had my tests, thyroid is fine too......Exercise 30mins Minimun 3 times a wekk or more.

I don't think I can do any better.....
  #19   ^
Old Mon, May-03-10, 14:07
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman36
It's really good to read your post right now, coz I feel so frustrated with my weight.It went down wonderfully the first 10 days of my starting the diet and after that NOTHING for months!!! Went to SBD phase 2,gained on a slice of fruit! Got back to SBD 1...got frustrated again by no loss......Then started eating loads to get out of depression. Now again back to SBD phase 1 for past 10 days or so - No loss! And i'm strict with what I eat and how much. I also drink plenty of water, gave up fugescicles also. Had my tests, thyroid is fine too......Exercise 30mins Minimun 3 times a wekk or more.

I don't think I can do any better.....

If you post some of your menus, I can help you.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, May-03-10, 14:56

Plan: just counting carbs
Stats: 165/165/130 Female 5'3 1/2"
BF:
Progress:

Does anyone else drink a lot of diet drinks? I seem to come to a plateau if I stop drinking lots of liquids. The 7 up cherry cola, diet redpop, diet dr. pepper, coffee, sprite, greentea. I have a sauna suit to wear on the treadmill to help burn more calories. I don't wear it outside walking. I look like an outer space being.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, May-03-10, 15:36
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyL
Does anyone else drink a lot of diet drinks? I seem to come to a plateau if I stop drinking lots of liquids. The 7 up cherry cola, diet redpop, diet dr. pepper, coffee, sprite, greentea. I have a sauna suit to wear on the treadmill to help burn more calories. I don't wear it outside walking. I look like an outer space being.

I weaned myself off diet sodas a few years ago. Best thing I did... aside from losing 120 lbs.
I drink seltzer(lemon/lime) now and water....and some coffee in the mornings.
At least 64 ozs of your daily liquid should be from water anyway.

I'll see a gain on the scale if I slack off on my water intake too.