Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Oct-19-09, 22:12
Carolina Girl

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244.5/131.8/120 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 91%

And I would be the one in the "other thread" Let's see. Been on this board since 2004 and lost a large chunk of my weight in 2005. Then I kind of went in cruise control for a while and finally lost down to about 125 in 2007-2008. I was super bony so gained back about ten pounds and now I hover around 135-140. I still eat low carb and still crave the heck out of bread and pasta (wonder if that will EVER stop!).

I suck at exercise and am constantly starting and restarting a new plan. While I've been around, I've been notoriously bad about posting on here. Of course, my overly busy life hasn't helped. Got a few promotions, a teenage daughter now (eek), and the usual stuff. All in all, things have been going well. I am once again starting a new exercise program (see what I mean?!?).

I credit these boards and especially TDC for all of the help it gave me through the years. I can still remember when I first found these boards and started this journey, I feared saying anything and lurked forever. This was the very first place I actually voluntarily told anyone my weight - it was liberating in a way because no one ridiculed me or made me feel shameful. This is the place I told about the first time I could cross my legs, when I could shop in regular stores vice plus size stores, and when I fell off the wagon.

So - present and accounted for. Even though I have been so bad about posting!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-09, 11:52
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Wow, it's great to see all these different faces!

I still check in regularly, though I don't post as often anymore. I've been low-carbing since 2003, maintaining a 100+ loss for five years (and losing another 30 along the way). I still dream of losing the last 20-25... we'll see. It's not that important anymore, I'm feeling pretty darn good where I am.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-09, 15:56
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 329/214/200 Female 5ft8in
BF:
Progress: 89%

Still here, lurk about twice a month. For me, I keep finding it easier and easier to stick to my LC eating (about 50g per day); someday I may even go to very low carb. I *love* not being inflamed all the time from food intolerances.

I had a special event this morning, so I dressed in business clothes for the first time in 7 months. A jacket I bought in July is now quite loose on me (if I were shopping today, I'd pass it by as a bit too big.) Kind of a thrill! Last weekend I bought some size 16 jeans - the smallest since I think 1989!

Great thread - love reading the quick personal stories!

Last edited by amyaz : Tue, Oct-20-09 at 15:57. Reason: typo
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-09, 16:26

Plan: Low Carb & Sleeved
Stats: 363/217/175 Female 4 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hello. I've been a member since January 2008. I did Atkins for 11 months and lost 70 pounds. The holidays came around and I slacked up til the new year. I didn't start again til February 2009 but that didn't last at all. I gained back half of what I lost and with it heel pain, fatigue and pain all over my body. I re-started 3 weeks ago and am feeling much better already. I'm also down 15 pounds.
My biggest challenge is getting through the holidays this year. I know I can do it better this time around.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-09, 18:33

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi, I'm here. I've only been a member here since this spring but am a long-time on-and-off low carber. I began in 1997 and was an active member of the alt.support.diet usenet group, and was one of the founders of the alt.support.diet.lowcarb group (which the folks from alt.support.diet said would never fly as there were not enough low carbers to support it!) and helped write the group FAQ. Within a year we were getting more posts than our "mother" group, the scoffers at alt.support.diet.

Anyway, I was active there until about 2001 when I fell off the wagon and into the carbs after a 2 1/2 year stall with still 100+ pounds to lose (I had lost 80). Gained it all back again of course and then some. Over the next 5 years I made half-hearted attempts to go back to LC but it never stuck. Then in 2006 I got a diabetes diagnosis and decided I had to get more serious. According to my doctor's charts I was 375 pounds at that time!

So I started to low carb again, but still kept having my cheats and bad days and weeks, and had trouble truly sticking with it. Then last December in read Taubes's GCBC and it made a huge impression on me and I decided I had to get strict, and have been strict all year!

I decided I would do best with a support group as I had back in the old asdlc days, and I looked around at different low carb groups (I didn't want to be on multiple groups as that would confuse me. I just wanted to find one good one). I decided it looked good here and I joined up.

I'm pretty active here in the different groups and am usually posting something every day. The TDC was one of the first places I checked out here as I started my journey needing to lose *200* pounds.

I still check the TDC every day, and have tried starting up a couple threads here, but in general there has not been as much discussion as I had hoped for for the super-sizers here.

But I do read everything here I can, and I read lots of other stuff on these boards too. That led me to my current ZC experiment which has enabled me to break my several-month stall and drop 11 more pounds so far to my lowest weight this year!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-09, 19:01

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/210/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hi - I'm Meg, here since last November. I've stopped losing pounds, don't know why, keep trying different possibilities. But I think I'm still losing inches, so I'll take it for now.

Meg
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Oct-20-09, 19:04
AntiSAD

Plan: finding my happy place
Stats: 245/231.4/200 Female 67 inches.
BF:
Progress: 30%

I'm not a newbie but I heard something about a party!?

Srsly I'm a LCer for life. Always doing some tweaks but LC is the best thing I've ever done for myself. (other than quit smoking)

All the best!!
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Oct-21-09, 10:04

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 297/251.8/150 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi Everyone! I'm Andrea, this is my first time doing LC, I've never been a yo-yo dieter, so this is my first attempt at any kind of diet in more than 20 years. Last summer I realized I had a problem w/ carbs from the way i was shoveling Cheetos and Chex Mix down my throat. I wasn't ready to do anything about the problem, but at least I realized I had a problem.

I lost 30 pounds just by starting to ride my bike to school, at 300#s riding up any slight incline was darn near impossible and i ended up losing 30#s over the fall just from riding.

I started Atkins the first week of this year, it went really well for 6 months then I had lots of cheats over the summer, rode my bike too many miles (inches gone/weight same), ate wayyyyy too many nuts and pretty much just maintained, ended up dropping probably only 10 pounds over the summer.

But I'm back on track now! Back on induction actually. I have about 8 pounds to lose to get into Onederland I can't wait! I haven't been in Onderland in more than 20 years!

Best wishes to everyone in the TDC, it was interesting reading everyone's story.

Last edited by absinthian : Wed, Oct-21-09 at 10:06. Reason: typo
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Oct-21-09, 19:15

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi, I am Gloria I have been Low Carbing since February this year. I have managed to lose 60 pounds and credit my success withe the Atkins Plan and this group of TDC! The last 3 weeks have been a struggle for me and my weight has not moved much either way.............may need to think about adding exercise...........but have not really done it yet. My life is changing for the good and am amazed at my energy!
I am worried about keeping committed through this upcoming Holiday season and hope to find some great recipes to keep me happy and content without all my usualy Holiday goodies!
Was great reading peoples stories!
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Oct-23-09, 13:49

Plan: Lowcarb paleo/HCG
Stats: 334/319/170 Female 63.5 inches
BF:54%
Progress: 9%

I've been here off and on (a whoooole lot more off than on) for 5 years. I restarted (again) in July, and am down 50 lbs from my highest weight.

It throws my head in a spin to think that I've lost 50 lbs (Hello! That's a lot of cokes & french fries!) and that I still have more than 100 lbs to lose before I can be merely overweight (rather than "obese"). That's discouraging. (It's also a little discouraging that my family (especially my husband - kids are kids) eat high carb junk food regularly and that when you say Atkins most people freak.)

Trying to be more active here as it seems to help my brain stay focused. {No matter what, I know that this way of eating is so much easier for me for weight loss than anything else. I like not feeling as if I'm starving myself (even while stuffing!) and losing weight while doing it. Steak with sour cream? Cheesey omelette? mmmmm) ooops, sorry, distracted...

Anyway, thanks for the Roll Call! Glad to check in.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Oct-23-09, 15:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 365/298/200 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi! I'm here too!

I joined a looooong time ago, similar user name (add one more f, lol).... I made a newish name up so I wouldn't have to read my old journal, to save myself some heartache.
That old life is over and done with.

My new life is awesome! I married the sweetest, most lovable person that God sent into my life..... Started back low carb and losing steadily.
I lurk alot and love to read everyone's stories.
I really love the recipe section.

I'm trying to get myself back into school and find a new job. My husband is still in Thailand (he's a Cameroonian soccer player, we met in Thailand ) and we have to wait for his visa to be approved, so in the meantime I'm trying to keep myself busy so I won't dwell on the fact that he's not physically next to me.

I need to exercise more...... I've been dancing at home and I think it's helping!

It's so nice to meet everyone here!
*HUGS*
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Oct-23-09, 16:55

Plan: calorie count
Stats: 327/212/190 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 84%

Checking in. Like many of the posts I see here, most of us lost during the "fad" years and have gained most of it back in the last 4-5 years.
So after ballooning seemingly exponentially, I'm back as well. So far it's been going good as I'm down 40lbs in a little over 3 months. I plan to get farther this time and not let little milestones equal to success and try to reach my goals this time.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-09, 07:38

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 482/400/240 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

I'm still here. I joined up in 2005 and I've never actually left since although I've taken a few vacations.

Started at 482. Started with just Atkins and lost 120lbs in the first year. And then I stalled and stalled and stalled and gained back about 10 lbs, which I didn't think was bad over 3 years.

Since then I've improved my health immeasurably by discovering food intolerances, and recently I adjusted from very low carb to a more moderate carb and controlled calories and I'm finally losing again.
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-09, 11:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 374/297/168 Female 5ft 2in
BF:Um yes
Progress: 37%

Hi all, I have only posted here a couple a times. I am usually posting at the Atkins board. I love to read the posts here. I have a long way to go I need to lose alot of weight. I have lost 64lbs now and I am so happy about this. I love LC eating, it seems that before I was either starving myself on some low/cal low/fat diet or eating everything in sight because I failed again. Only to repeat the same cycle again 2 months later. So glad I don't have to that anymore!
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Oct-24-09, 12:03
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/165/150 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress: 40%

I want to party too! Atkins 4 weeks feeling wonderful. More inches gone than pounds and that's ok with me. Love all ya'lls post. Happy weekend.