Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 11:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/141/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 87%

When I was a size 16 I survived on like 2 pairs of pants I had to buy and then also still wore some of the maternity pants I had.

I went to the cheap stores and bought two pairs of pants or shorts (thankfully my job is casual ... even flip-flops are allowed) when I just looked ridiculous in the previous size.

I am officially in size 8 now ... but still wear a size 12 with a belt ... a pair I bought that are really cool and don't "look" like they swallow me.

I now am fitting happily back into pre-preg items slowly but surely.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 14:47

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 165/135.1/130 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:36%/27.5%/26%
Progress: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Don't forget your local thrift stores for buying sizes as you go down the scale. Usually very well priced and fairly good quality.....

I was going to suggest thrift stores, too! Also, discount type stores like Ross and TJ Maxx are a goldmine of great deals when you're shrinking!

I'm apple shaped, too--no matter how much I lose, my waist is never very defined. I have been a happy camper ever since low rise pants came into style! In the jeans that come to your true waist, I have never been able to get a good fit--if the waist fits, the butt and legs are baggy, and if the butt fits, the waist is pinching me in two! Before low rise jeans, I used to shop in the men's and boys' department to accommodate my more "square" shape! I'm so happy to have cute, girly pants and jeans again!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 14:54

Stats: 455/224/200 Male 6-3
BF:
Progress: 91%

REMEMBER - all jeans are not cut the same!

I have to try on multiple pair before finding the right fit. Usually, then, for each brand and style, you can expect the same results.

Don't be nervous - and don't be afraid to buy a pair or two that are slightly snug - good motivation!

Oh, if i only had all the money back I have spent on buying new clothes, only to wear them for a couple months! A good trouble to have, by the way!

Congrats!
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 14:57

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundancerk
I was going to suggest thrift stores, too! Also, discount type stores like Ross and TJ Maxx are a goldmine of great deals when you're shrinking!

I'm apple shaped, too--no matter how much I lose, my waist is never very defined. I have been a happy camper ever since low rise pants came into style! In the jeans that come to your true waist, I have never been able to get a good fit--if the waist fits, the butt and legs are baggy, and if the butt fits, the waist is pinching me in two! Before low rise jeans, I used to shop in the men's and boys' department to accommodate my more "square" shape! I'm so happy to have cute, girly pants and jeans again!

Yes, exactly my problem! I also buy mid rise jeans because the waist fits better. Lee jeans are not my friend as they as usually small waisted, large legged.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 15:04

Stats: 455/224/200 Male 6-3
BF:
Progress: 91%

Thrift stores are the best!

$8 jeans....$4 silk shirts....$12 sport coats....

But it is like antique hunting - you have to keep going and looking to find those diamonds in the rough!
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-07, 15:05

Plan: Paleo-FFP-IF
Stats: 233/168.5/130 Female 160 centimetres
BF:53%,34.5%,23%
Progress: 63%

Shifting to the right size makes you feel super-high!
I don't care about money as long as I can see myself finally dressed and not "camouflaged"
I've dropped 5 sizes and I have at least 3 to go, but I made myself the favor to give away all my loose cloths :thump:
I've also made a promise: I will never wear loose jeans or tops or coats again!
Happy shopping!