Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Apr-13-06, 23:51

Plan: zeroish carbs
Stats: 388/300/150 Female 66inches
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 37%

Congrats on having such a great week. I am going to give your tapes a whirl. Have another great week.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 08:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/239.5/160 Female 68 inches
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 45%

I burned mine to a cd (finally!) and looped it 3 times. I have listened to it for 3 mights in a row now.. first night I got very little sleep.. the next night.. best night sleep in a long time.. and the 3rd night (last night) slept very well,.. woke up early and refreshed.. had energy to do some housework last 2 days.. and did 2 hours of weed pulling yesterday (Thursday) as well.. getting ready to cater a large dinner party tonight, and still have all that energy to get other stuff done.. shopping, cooking, etc.. (not to mention I went line dancing on Wednesday for 3 hours!!)
so I guess it is working for me (not the weight loss part.. I actually gained the last 4 days and NOT eating incorrectly!).. but extra energy and great sleep!.
and I am not barking, clucking, quacking or running around nekkid!..LOL (Lisa.. that was for you!)

dianna (PiD)
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 09:46
Registered Member

Stats: 199/183/130 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 23%

I've listened to it for six days in a row. I am sleeping well but I didn't have a problem with that. I'm calm throughou the day but again, I didn't have difficulty there. I lost about 2.5 lbs this week. I've been really watching what I eat. It did seem a bit easier not to over eat. Also, when I got on the treadmill, all week, it seemed much easier to stay there. (instead of getting bored and getting off). My sense is that it is working.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 11:41

Stats: 175/157/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 72%

Hey everyone, this sounds very interesting. I'd like to do what Lisa did and play it on my iPod; I checked out Tom Nicoli's site, but I can't see where you can download the material and burn your own cd. What am I missing?
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 12:52

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: -/-/154 Female 66in.
BF:too much
Progress: 4%

Hi Fressca...

Quote:
I'd like to do what Lisa did and play it on my iPod; I checked out Tom Nicoli's site, but I can't see where you can download the material and burn your own cd. What am I missing?

I am not familiar on how an iPod works, however, I can tell you how to get to the download site. Just click on this link http://www.worldhypnotismday.com/ and all you do is register and it will send you to a page to download the first one. I was hesitant at first wondering if I gave out my email address, would I get SPAM, but I haven't noticed any more than usual... I thought, "Well if this works a little SPAM is worth it anyway!"

I just received the last one yesterday (Sound Sleep) and my hubby was out to it within minutes after he finished listening. He sleeps on his tummy so handed me the headphones, flipped over on his tummy and before I even started listening to mine, he was snoring! This morning I asked him how he felt and slept and he said "pretty good". I know he was tired anyway, but he ALWAYS has trouble relaxing and getting to sleep. Sometimes he only gets about 3 or 4 hours. I will keep y'all informed how he does over the next week or so.

As for me, I'm afraid I let a few obstacles get in the way of me listening for a couple of nights and I slid back too. I have kept off the 8lb's fortunately, but I have had a few days where I have been in constant pain and feeling down. I have not been outside even let alone going for walks. I suggest you dont let ANYTHING get in your way of listening consistantly.

Let me know how things are going for you all. Thanks for the comments and support. I am glad I went ahead and tried this and was able to share it with everyone. Now if I could JUST get rid of this pain in my back and heel my life would be so much better *sigh*
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 14:11

Stats: 353/329/180 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 14%

Thanks for posting this...i cant wait to go check my email and get started...(just signed up)
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 23:54

Stats: 353/329/180 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 14%

I listened to it tonight, didnt fall asleep but would have if this chair had been more comfy, im gonna lay on the floor tomorrow night to listen...he does have a very calming voice...ill keep yall posted on how i do too

Thank you so very much for posting this
  #23   ^
Old Sat, Apr-15-06, 21:46

Plan: General LC
Stats: 240/235/155 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hey guys,
I downloaded this too. I find it creepy when he does the double voice thing...like one voice behind his monologue going "relax".
Despite this, I found it a really good way to relax before bed. I think it helps weight loss in a couple of ways. First, as other people have said, it helps you get some deep, good sleep. Sleeping soundly is great for increased energy and ability to stick to one's diet. Secondly, being in such a relaxed state of mind probably allows you to examine some issues around food...say, why you binge or eat foods you know are unhealthy.

Thanks for posting this! Interesting stuff.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-06, 16:55

I have gotten better sleep with listening to his weight loss tape, than I have in a long time.. and energy.. I notice I have more, but weight loss???.. NOPE. just the opposite for me.. I have gained since I started listening.. kinda scarey actually.. I am wondering if my sub-conscience thinks LC is not right for me??..
now I have had a 'planned' off plan day (friday) and 2 consecutive cheat days.. Monday starts fresh..

dianna
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-06, 11:48

Hi folks... Sorry I haven't posted before now. Been a busy few days.

Quote:

I listened to it tonight, didnt fall asleep but would have if this chair had been more comfy, im gonna lay on the floor tomorrow night to listen...he does have a very calming voice

Robwen: I totally agree with you... he does have a calming voice... and that I am glad of.. I had a tape once of a woman and her voice was so grating I couldn't even listen to it. Maybe the male voice appeals to the female mind.. or maybe it's just my mind... lol My suggestion to you is to listen to it in bed if you can so all you need to do is remove the headphones, turn over and sleep. Walmart have done pretty well from those I have given cd's to, cos they all bought personal cd players from there... Walmart has one for about $9.98 and so far we have bought 6 with the 7th one soon to be purchased to send to my daughter in NZ.

Quote:

I think it helps weight loss in a couple of ways. First, as other people have said, it helps you get some deep, good sleep. Sleeping soundly is great for increased energy and ability to stick to one's diet. Secondly, being in such a relaxed state of mind probably allows you to examine some issues around food...say, why you binge or eat foods you know are unhealthy.

Kate:I am not sure if you are aware that this recording is not only hypnosis, it is also subliminal so it has a deeper effect in the sub-conscious. I don't know that I would let kids or anyone who doesnt NEED to lose weight listen to it. I am not sure what kind of effect it would have on them.. Perhaps I could email Mr. Nicoli and he could enlighten us on that one.

I did a little research on subliminal recordings a few years ago, and again recently just to refresh the memory and see if there was any new info I didn't know. I suffered from MAJOR anxiety attacks after my mum died in '93. A subliminal tape helped me then so I started to wonder if it could help me deal to the weight. These are my words as I understood the explanation on the site. (Sorry, I can't remember the URL or I would have posted it.) I found this info before I discovered Tom's site... if you can imagine a circle being the brain... a line at the half way point. The top being the conscious mind, the lower half being the sub-conscious mind and the line between is a filter. Now when we are awake, that filter can work against us stopping any positive re-enforcement. Like with me for example, when I was about 11 years old, my BEST friend and I were playing a game of tag on the bus. (I know, stupid to do it on the bus, but we were kids) Anyway, the bus rounded a corner and I lost my balance and kinda fell into her. She was annoyed at this and lashed out shouting "F^(% off ya FAT B!$(#"... and she had such look of anger and hate on her face... I didn't understand her reaction and felt how could my best friend that I admired so much, hurt me so deeply... that has stayed with me all these years (I'm 44 now).

When I start to think about being slender, I hear her voice repeating that and my 'inner voice' re-enforces it with a whole lotta other nasty words... and when I start to think about being healthy, I hear the voice of a nasty Dr. I once had.. I hear is exact words ringing through my head "you're just like your mother and sister and you will have ALL THE SAME PROBLEMS AS THEM! Then my mum saying, "you're just like your father" like she ALWAYS said to me. (Sorry folks, getting emotional and personal here) Well anyway, I hope you understand what I am getting at... So in a round about way, I am trying to say that the hypnosis part relaxes your conscious mind so the subliminal can get through the filter to re-program and install a new program in the sub-conscious.

If you listen hard enough, you can hear a very low voice in the background talking. That is the Subliminal part working at a level that the ear can hear, but the conscious mind cannot filter and fight with.

Quote:
I have gotten better sleep with listening to his weight loss tape, than I have in a long time.. and energy.. I notice I have more, but weight loss???.. NOPE. just the opposite for me.. I have gained since I started listening.. kinda scarey actually.. I am wondering if my sub-conscience thinks LC is not right for me??..
now I have had a 'planned' off plan day (friday) and 2 consecutive cheat days.. Monday starts fresh..

Dianna: I don't know what to tell you. It seems strange that you would gain weight. How often are you listening to the cd? Do you actually 'drift off' when you listen? Maybe you will need the one specifically for LCing. I stalled after that first 8lb's, but I think my body may have been adjusting to the total weight loss of 30lb. AND I allowed a few things to interfer with me listening CONSISTANTLY... I now listen sometimes twice a day... I espeically listen to the weight loss one at night before I sleep, then again in the morning and the exercise one straight after it. I got on the scales this morning and I am down another 1lb. Not a lot, but better off than on... and I really haven't been sticking to LC foods... just taking a few bites of what I 'feel' like eating. I will send you Tom's email in a private message cos I think perhaps he is the best person to advise you on this. You can tell him you got the link from me off the LC Forum.

Take care everyone... Good luck and happy listening
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-06, 13:55

Stats: 241/223/135 Female 5'6"
BF:??/44/30
Progress: 17%

Thanks for the download. I will try it tonight!
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-06, 14:58

I listen to the tape EVERY night.. 3 times in a row.. it is kinda funny.. i notice I wake slightly.. just in time to hear him say.. now that you are ready..
I never hear the whole session all the way through.. I am aways asleep just about as soon as he starts.
I guess I could try to listen to it during the day, now that I am not working.. but I am afraid I would possibly (probably) fall asleep. not that that is a bad thing.. just .lots of stuff to do.. and I don't want to have to fight the urge to relax, etc.. because then it might not work.
Does he have one that is specifically made for LC ??>> that would be awesome!!
thanks again
dianna
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-06, 15:27

Hi Dianna...

Quote:
I listen to the tape EVERY night.. 3 times in a row.. it is kinda funny.. i notice I wake slightly.. just in time to hear him say.. now that you are ready.. I never hear the whole session all the way through.. I am aways asleep just about as soon as he starts.

The reason you are waking up is cos he tells you to open your eyes at the end of the session. I usually listen while in bed but on the odd occasion when I wanted to get in an extra listen, I have listened to it while I am at the pc.

Quote:
Does he have one that is specifically made for LC ?? that would be awesome!!

Yes he does have one specifically for LC, but it is not one of the free ones.. you can take a look here. It is $39.77 for a 2 disk set. The Exercise Boost is one of the free ones, so no need to buy that. Again, I suggest you email him at the email address I sent you and include EVERYTHING in the email.. including that you listen to it 3 times in a row.. maybe that is conflicting in some way... just a guess... Be interesting to see what he has to say about it.
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-06, 08:31

Stats: 241/223/135 Female 5'6"
BF:??/44/30
Progress: 17%

This may have already been said so forgive me. You download the thing from the website. It will appear as an icon on your desktop. Open itunes on your computer and drag the icon to your itunes library. My 17 year old showed me how to do it last night. Thanks again for telling us about it. It's very relaxing, and I hope will help with a healthy attitude.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Apr-19-06, 09:15

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

Thanks for sharing that FairLady. I do think hypnosis works and
I'll check out that website.