Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-02, 10:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%

Hi,
Thanks for the calcium tip. Yes, on induction I lost 9 lbs and was floating in water. I did drink a lot. Now in my 3rd week, continuint induction and I find it harder to drink the water than at the beginning. I have a good multi-vitamin too.

Thanks for your encouraging me about my August goal date. Will keep you posted monthly gals.

Bye, Ruby
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 12:28

Stats: 223/209/200 Male 73 in
BF:
Progress: 61%

Having read the above in Atkins (more details in latest books), I wondered about people that bounced off the LC pattern and regained the weight. The next time (and next time after that), they will lose some more calcuim. If the cycling in and out of LC continues, you may conclude that eventually it will amount to significant bone loss. Calcium loss/usage is also present in other diet approaches. Atkins or LC should not be singled out.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jan-24-02, 12:33
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins - Aug 04
Stats: 204/204/133 Female 5ft 4inc
BF:
Progress: 0%

I know that ive got a long way to go, but i am determined to make it this year, even if its on the 31st dec

Emma
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 17:30

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default I will hit my goal this year...

So with 14 lbs left to go I'm hoping that seven weeks from now I will be 127....yahoooooooo. That's about mid-march, but I will definitely be there by my 22nd bday in April.
I thought I would be hitting my original goal (135) by Feb. 15th (wow, now looking back, it seems like I set that soo long ago - 10/11, it sure has gone by fast)...so I may be a little behind schedule, but I'm not worrying about.

We will all hit our goals. It's almost like we're graduating or something...I guess from OWL to Maintenance...lol Now if I only got a diploma for that. I saw this commercial (I think it was for Subway) and it showed this girl opening her locker or frig door (something anyway) and it had her before and after pics side by side. I hope my bf won't mind, but I'm definitely going to do that, b/c to be honest, I'm soooo proud of myself. We all should be

Good Luck,
Erin
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 22:55

Stats: 223/209/200 Male 73 in
BF:
Progress: 61%

No kidding. We should have some sort of certificate for every 10% weight loss, and a big you've made it banner when someone reaches below 20% overweight.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 15:43

Stats: 290/210/199 Male 6ft 1
BF:
Progress: 88%
Thumbs up Hitting the goal

At the rate and weight I'm at, I will hit "goal" this year. Probably in the first quarter, but, I will be lowering my goal weight. At first it was 200-lbs, then joined the "Countdown to 199" club. Wanted to see a below 200 weight. Now being 4-5 lbs from that, I know it's not enough. Probably settle on the 185-190 range after I get to 199.

Figure at approx 2-lbs a week it will only take a 3-months to reach the 190's so I'll guess-ti-mate April 1st. (Maybe I will fool myself that day )

After reaching the 199 mark I will be doing a lot of hard core working out to rip up the body and expect to gain some muscle mass weight, so will have to see how it goes. The scale won't dictate my life anymore, the look of my body will be the determining factor to me at that point.

Cheers all,
John
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 20:44

Stats: 187.4/173.8/140
BF:
Progress: 29%

I am aiming for the end of July.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 15:11

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%

I'm almost there - hopefully will be on maintenance within the next couple of months I started Atkins in August last year, and cannot believe how far I've come.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 18:11

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

I'd love to, but I'm a true turtle, so I have learned not to put expectations on my rate of loss. I do know that by December 31, I'll be at least a size smaller and feeling great!

Congrats to all of you who truly are on the verge--just 5-15 pounds away. whoo hoo!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-02, 20:55
Registered Member

Stats: 195/195/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

I do not think I will be hitting my goal this year. Because my husband and I have decided we would like to be pregnant within the next month or two. But I definately need to get to my goal by June 2003 for a family wedding that I am in.

Pearl
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 18:00
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 207.5/203/190
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking Count me it!

I'm off to a great start so far. I know that my weight loss rate will slow down; it's already starting to.

But, I only have to lose 0.935lb/wk to reach my goal in early November. That's quite doable.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 09:02

Stats: 169/153/120 Female 62"
BF:Start38%
Progress: 33%

Hi everyone,
I'm on track. Today, 147, and feeling great. Hope you're all doing well.

Ruby
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 17:57

Stats: 190/164/150 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 65%
Smile Reachin Goal In 2002

I sure hope I reach my goal this year. I only have 10 1/2 more pounds to loose. But just can't get the scale to go any lower. I have even gained weight some weeks.

Pat
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-02, 01:35

Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile 57kg - April 2002 - Yesssss I Can Do it

Thanks LC Sponge - I needed to renew my goal.

I started in April 2001 on a low-fat diet. The original plan was to reach target of 57kg by June 2001 - yuk! I gained to start with but it was great because the anxiety of becoming reeeeaaaaaaaaly fat, uncouth, more unhealthy and unfit intensified my search and led me to Atkins.

To start with I lost quickly and steadily but have been on a stall hovering on the 62kg for a few months now.

Renewed determination to focus on the road leading to 57kg by April 2002. Love your idea of keeping a chart.
Take care.
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 10:19

Plan: Basic low carb, modified body rx
Stats: 198.5/165/155
BF:?/25%/20%
Progress: 77%

I know I will reach goal this year. I would like to reach it by summer. If I would get started on the weights I know I would do a lot better. Planning on starting the weights next week so we will see.