Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jan-06-06, 23:00
Go Big or Go Home

Plan: I plan to lose weight!!
Stats: 000/000/150 Female 5'5
BF:47.65/25.28/28.8
Progress: 0%

Jan. 6
*16+ mins. Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough (Step)
*30 mins. WATP 2 Mile
*30 mins. Sexy Arms Workout (Weights)

Total ~ 76 mins.

Having issues with that burning in my legs again & had to resort back to the WATP video again. Man I hate that. I tried pushing it, but was just tripping over the step 'cause I couldn't lift my legs. I cannot believe how weak my legs have become! Am surprised they hold me up at all
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 21:42
Living LC 4 Life

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 190/133.2/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Less Than B4 LC
Progress: 142%

Quote:
Funny enough, you probably will hit a stage where you do really enjoy it. I'm slowly getting back to that stage where I feel like crap when I don't work out! I love the recharged feeling I get after a good solid workout!

Gosh, I hope that stage comes soon! Right now I'd like to run over the ellipitical machine with my car!

Good for you on that exercising!!!!! Do you know why your legs are acting funny? Hope all is well.....
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-08-06, 22:33
Go Big or Go Home

Jan. 7
*20 mins. David Snively's Interval Step Training
*20 mins. Billy Blank's Tae Bo (Basic)
*20 mins. Crunch's Boot Camp Training

Total ~ 60 mins.

Had to push that last one to 20 mins. Legs were burning like mad! Was going to do an ab workout after those, but things came up and I never got to finish.

Jan. 8 - day off
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 14:33
Go Big or Go Home

Jan. 9
*20 mins. Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough (Step)
*10 mins. Billy Blank's Tae Bo (Basic)
*30 mins. Sexy Arms Workout (Weights)
*15 mins. Lethal Buns
*10 mins. Gay Gasper's Awesome Abs

Total ~ 85 mins.

Jan. 10
*20 mins. Tamilee Webb (Step)
*20 mins. Billy Blank's Tae Bo (Basic)
*20 mins. WATP 1 Mile
*30 mins. Pick Your Spot Pilates
*10 mins. Abs of Steel

Total ~ 100 mins.

Jan. 11
*20 mins. Caribbean Workout (Hi/Lo Aerobics)
*20 mins. Tamilee Webb (Step)
*20 mins. WATP 1 Mile
*20 mins. Sexy Arms (Weights)

Total ~ 80 mins. (Went out and shovelled for 15-20 mins. & I could feel it LOL, especially in my back and shoulders!)

I'd posted on exercise boards regarding the burning & this was the response I rec'd. Sure makes me feel better about it, I was starting to get a little pee'd off LOL. I rec'd 2 other replies as well which were similar, but this one also explained about muscle fiber differences.
"The burn you feel is definitely from lactic acid and you mostly likely are not completely depleted of glucose/glycogen even if you are following a low carb diet. Your body can create glucose from fat and protein if it is needed. But the real issue regaring your problem is your muscle fiber type. You probably have a large percentage of type 2 muscle fibers in your legs. This simply means your legs are well suited to short duration activities, such as weight training, and poorly suited for long duration activities, such as cardio. If you enjoy step aerobics, you can try using a very low step and taking short 10-15 seconds breaks as needed to allow your body to flush out and recycle the lactic acid. Also, consider strength training with short sets (60 seconds) and plenty of rest in between sets."

Until I get more strength in my legs, I'm going to gear down to low impact step workouts.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 18:00
Living LC 4 Life

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 190/133.2/150 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:Less Than B4 LC
Progress: 142%

Well that is VERY interesting!!! Who would have thought? And don't you just love that you can find that out on these boards? I love this place!

Well, hopefully if you follow that advice you'll start feeling better. Keep me posted....
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jan-13-06, 06:49
Go Big or Go Home

Smile

Jan. 12
*30 mins. Boot Camp Training
*24 mins. Billy Blanks Tae Bo
*20 mins. Gay Gasper's Awesome Abs
*20 mins. QF Pilates Abs

Total ~ 94 mins.

Jan. 13
Day off

Changed my day off from Sundays to Fridays. It wasn't helping my WI day the way I thought it would (taking Sundays off) and now that life is back to normal (school, aid, baby, therapists, etc), it gives me one day where I'm not totally rushed. I can work out anytime on the weekends.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-06, 08:51
Go Big or Go Home

Jan. 14
*15 mins. Tamilee Webb (Step)
*45 mins. Burn & Firm Pilates
*20 mins. Sexy Arms (Weights)
*15 mins. Gay Gasper's Awesome Abs

Total ~ 95 mins.

Boy it was a struggle to get going yesterday. Very stiff/achey despite the fact I took Friday off. Same thing happened last week - I wonder if taking a day off is beneficial at all. Perhaps doing a quick WATP 1 mile on my "day off" would alleviate the next day stiffies?? Guess I'll give it a whirl next week!

1st goal complete (min. 1.5 hrs/day of exercise by Jan. 14) - now onto the next one (2 hrs/day by Feb. 14). So, goal for today is to do at least 100 mins!!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 13:57
Go Big or Go Home

Jan. 15
*20 mins. David Snively's Interval Step Training
*24 mins. Billy Blanks Tae Bo
*10 mins. Lethal Buns
*07 mins. Burn & Firm in 30 mins. (my legs were TOAST after 7 LOL)
*51 mins. The Method All-in-One Pilates

Total ~ 112 mins. ( Goal was 100 for today)

I was so excited after the step workout. It was the 1st time I got all the way through with minimal burning in my legs. I had to stop briefly at about 13 mins (paused DVD) to catch my breath for a moment, but that was it. YEEEHAWWWWWW Maybe taking a break and doing LI Step the past few days helped!

Jan. 16
*25 mins. Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough (Step)
*30 mins. WATP 2 Mile
*15 mins. Lethal Buns
*10 Mins. Pick Your Spot Pilates
*13 mins. The Method Conditioning Warmup

Total ~ 93 mins. (Short by 7 mins)
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 06:22
Go Big or Go Home

Jan. 17
*30 mins. Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough (Step)
*15 mins. Billy Blanks Tae Bo (Basic)
*25 mins. Sexy Arms

Total ~70 mins. Big time short today , but I kept getting interrupted and once I'm interrupted, it's next to impossible for me to get motivated to start again.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jan-18-06, 13:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 299/292/267 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hey! You know I'm everywhere, just invaded your gym logs too. Found it when I was about to start one. Hey one quick question. I have such a big issue about exercise. If you like and if you have any insite I can tell ya. Ok here's the question. Have you found doing more exercise during the week helps you loose more or it makes no difference to you?
Ok I volunteered my story:
Back last year I had a Y membership. I lifted weights, I did hours of cardio a week. I basically did it all. At that time I was in and out of induction due to my binges(of course) and my body was getting flabby, I stalled. I was getting so discouraged because of it so I ended up giving up and went into carb overload. Then I started low-cal then SB. On those two I still exercised and it was working but I would mess it up with carb overloading. I'm addicted to carbs. When I started induction again I decided not to include exercise because of the fear I had with getting flabby. Now I'm just including it slowly. Now Is not working because I'm still stalled. As you know . Anyhow any answers? What is your experience?
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jan-19-06, 06:22
Go Big or Go Home

Smile

Jan. 18
*45 mins. Burn & Firm Pilates
*30 mins. WATP 2 Mile
*15 mins. Gay Gasper Awesome Abs
*12 mins. Lethal Buns

Total ~ 102 mins.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Jan-20-06, 07:29
Go Big or Go Home

Jan. 19
*45 mins. Body by Jake (Total Body W/O)
*30 mins. Pick Your Spot Pilates

Total ~ 75 mins. Short by 25 mins. again . Yesterday was partially my fault...spent too much time on the 'puter in the am and had to cut my w/o short because the baby I watch was coming and I had to jump in the shower. Then thought I could get in more once I drove my eldest to school, but then J's aid showed up early . After striking out twice, I was like "ahhhhhh, fuhgedaboudit" for the rest of the day.

Since today (20th) is Friday, not doing a complete w/o today. Later tonight I might do something simple like WATP 1 mile to see if that stops me from having that stiffness I've had the last 2 weeks after I've taken a day off.

Edit...Did the 1 mile and could I ever feel the stiffness setting in already. I'm glad I decided to do this or I think I would have been in really rough shape tomorrow!

Last edited by canucksrus : Fri, Jan-20-06 at 21:42.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Jan-21-06, 12:57
Go Big or Go Home

Jan. 21
*45 mins. Body by Jake (Total Body W/O)
*30 mins. Fat Blaster Goes Latin
*30 mins. Gay Gasper's Awesome Abs

Total ~ 105

Was a little stiff today, but not even close to what I was last week & the week before after taking a day off. That 1 mile WATP video may not be much, but it seemed to help!
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 14:23
Go Big or Go Home

Jan. 22
*50 mins. Kathy Smith's Fat Burning Breakthrough (mostly step)
*10 mins. Abs of Steel
*20 mins. Caribbean Workout (Hi/Lo Aerobics)
*10 mins. Lethal Buns
*10 mins. Gay Gasper's Awesome Abs

Total ~ 100

I did it - yipeeeeee . I actually got through K.S.'s entire workout. I had to pause the tape once around 13 mins. to catch my breath and again around 19 to catch my breath & use the inhalor, but I kept going and I did it .

I've been thinking & I'm going to adjust my Valentine's Day goals. My goals were to be at 1.5 hrs/day by Jan. 14 & 2 hrs/day by Feb. 14. It's just too much. I'm already having trouble getting in the 1.5 hrs consistantly & I'm NOT getting up any earlier than 4am during the week. It's just not a pace I can keep up with. When I started my exercise program the 1st time, 2+ years ago, I was still with my ex., so I could do part of my workout in the morning & then leave him with the kids to go for a jog at night. Can't do that now & finding 1.5 - 2 straight hours for nothing but exercise everyday is too difficult. I've lost a total of 14" (all over) since I started again back in Nov., so I think I'm doing pretty good and maybe doing 1 hr/day is enough. More is great, but I'm not going to feel let down anymore if I can't go beyond the 1 hr.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Jan-22-06, 15:37

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 198/136/127 Female 174cm
BF:42%/19%/10%
Progress: 87%

Hey Canucks, I have just changed my V-day goal too. Mine was to be down to 143. Have changed that to 148. I really cant see myself losing a whole 8lbs in the next 2 and a half weeks!! I cant believe how much exercise u r doing, that is fantastic!!! I wish i could do exercise like that. I tried doing a exercise dvd but the kids just get in my way and annoy the crap out of me so now I just do abs and legs on the gym ball at night when they are in bed. Cant wait till i can move to the coast where there are gyms. Used to go to the gym everyday before we moved into the middle of nowhere.

Anyway I have dribbled enough in ur journal catchya later