Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 18:06

Plan: mix of Atkins and Paleo
Stats: 227/191/115
BF:
Progress: 32%

McCleod Trail and Heritage Drive? That must be in Calgary? Well, if it carries DaVinci syrups I just might have to make the three hour drive for some.

I found the place someone listed (in Edmonton) that sells the sugar free syrups, but they contain aspartame. From what I've heard the DaVinci syrups are the best because they use splenda instead.

And I'm so sorry I havent gotten back here sooner. Life has had me running off my feet lately.

Kawanda
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 01:57
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins; Drs. Eades; varied
Stats: 120/113/115
BF:
Progress: 140%
Default Aberta

I am new to this forum and in Alberta Canada. Calgary actually and I have just started shopping for low carb foods with my greatest success so far at Chinook Centre in the two health food stores there.http://forum.lowcarber.org/images/smilies/wavey.gif
  #18   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 10:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 262/238/160 Female 5"10
BF:
Progress: 24%

Yan,

Are you talking about GNC? Is there another one that carries
more than the bars?
  #19   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 10:15

BF:

Kawanda,

That store carries that Atkins sugar-free syrups but I have
only seen the Rasberry kind there. It's not too bad - sometimes
I put it in my club soda for a pop type taste.

Anyone have any luck locating Diet RC cola? Apparently it's made
with splenda - but I have not seen it anywhere in Canada yet.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 11:06
Registered Member

BF:
Default low carb foods in Calgary

It was at Sunshine Health Foods on the second level of Chinook Centre. The only thing I bought was soy flour but they seemed to carry more things. I have to go back this week to see if I can pick up some kind of low carb syrup. I have my 14 yr. old son and husband on the Atkins diet and as well because that is what I am cooking, I too eat what I cook. Won't do me any harm.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 21:58
Registered Member

BF:
Default Low Carb food items

Digitalgrl:

Today I went to Sunshine Foods to spend more time browsing but they carried no Atkins food items whatsoever and did not plan on bringing any in. I pulled up Healing Alternatives from the Yellow pages and am glad to see you posted them as possibly bringing in more Atkins products. Tomorrow that is where I am off to.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 22:05

BF:

Yes, the seem to have the most I have found - which isn't that much. You can order from Atkins directly online, but they add a $30US shipping fee per order (which seems really high to me!)

Especially for food you have not tasted yet ( some of those low-carb products can taste pretty darn awful )

My favorite yet is the chocolate coconut advantage bars.
Somehow I've managed to convince myself they taste like wagon wheels.

yippee.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 20:28
Registered Member

BF:
Default Atkins Products & Low Carb in CALGARY!

Today, (May 28/02) I drove to "SUPPLEMENTS EH!" in Calgary at 12101 Lake Fraser Drive S.E. and they were in the final stages of a move to another location.

They carry the ATKINS SHAKE MIX IN VANILLA and STRAWBERRY, ATKINS RASPBERRY FLAVORED SYRUP and the ATKINS BARS, and the owner told me the balance of their products (Muffin and Bread Mixes - the owner also told me they will be supplying the recipe for making your own using low carb products for muffin and bread mixes at their store once they are open again!) were packed away ready for the move. He wants to do this to save people the exhorbitant money you can pay for the packaged items.

SUPPLEMENTS EH! carry a wide array of other low carb products like a low carb drink in different flavors (sorry I can't remember the name of it). I was told they have many of the other Atkins products on order and they will be stocking them shortly (I suppose as soon as he gets them in).

I don't know these people other than finding many items I needed, so this is not a plug but I thought I'd put in their URL
http://www.supplementseh.com

SUPPLEMENTS EH! new location as of this Monday (June 3) will be in the shopping mall on the corner of Elbow Drive and Anderson Road.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 20:38
Registered Member

BF:
Default Low Carb Products and Atkins in Calgary

SUPPLEMENTS EH! (in the process of moving to a new location) carries Atkins Bars, the Atkins Shake Mix in Chocolate and Vanilla, Muffin and Bread Mixes, and an assortment of other low carb items like low carb drinks.

SUPPLEMENTS EH! new location as of this Monday (June 3) will be in the shopping mall on the corner of Elbow Drive and Anderson Road..

They are also making available recipes for making your own bread and muffin mix from their low carb products in the store (WONDERFUL!)

I have their business card and their URL is: http://www.supplementseh.com
  #25   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 06:14

BF:

Wonderful news! Thanks so much for the leg work.
I will have to check them out next week.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 02:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Greetings!

I'll be driving (with DH and camping gear) to Edmonton to catch the wonderful Folk Fest happening there. Should be arriving about August 8th and not leaving til maybe the 12th...

Any good tips on LC happenings in the neighbourhood?
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 10:12

Stats: 187/187/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool

hey Kawanda.. and fellow members..

I'm from Edmonton... and would love to meet local LC'rs... also would love to have the online support .

I am a mother of 4 who really doesn't get much adult interaction (home with the kids.. Hubby works mostly out of town) at any rate... guess I will save that for an introduction..

Just wanted to say hi... and thanx for all the great support and info you all give... each other...

Shelley
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 19:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/168/145 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 43%

Let your fingers do the walking. Actually I am in Grande Prairie, AB and I checked out Atkins web site and punched in Grande Prairie and found out that our Health Hut has some of there products. When I called they told me what they had so it saved some running around.
Jan
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 11:45

Stats: 187/187/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

Hi Janny...

Yes.. many of the health food stores here carry a limited amount of Atkins products... but there are so many more.. listed in the atkins recipes... that I have not seen... I know you can order online... but figure it would be very costly$$$ due to shipping and exchange rate...

I am also having a challange navigating the grocery stores... I find... I start to get board eating the same things...

I especially find it hard at breakfast time... as I have never been much for eating then (know I should)... I was having an atkins bar... but then heard about "alcohol sugars" and wonder'd if that was stalling my progress... so I took them out of the diet, for now... and I'm back to the same deal... What to eat for Breakfast... ???

Eggs are good... but I am starting to get sick of eating them all the time... and would much rather have them for lunch ... ie an omelett... *sigh... I am ranting again....

How long have you been on the diet... ??? I would love to hear more about you... and how LCing has been for you...

Till then... loads of luck and success....

ciao
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Feb-11-03, 16:09

Plan: shwarzbein/protein power
Stats: 165/135/125
BF:
Progress: 75%

I get sick of eggs for breakfast too. What about some unbreakfast things? Like leftovers, hamburger patty, mock danish... I find breakfast my most challenging meal too. Good luck.