Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 08:09
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: // Male 5.10
BF:
Progress: 24%

I just has breakfast. It was 3 eggs and a salade w/olive oil and water. Anyways, I didnt pick out the carrots because they were all at the very bottem so when I got to the very bottem of the bowl I stoped. I only got like 3 mabey 4 strips of carrots in my mouth...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 08:59

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi LendeK

Welcome to CAD. Its such a wonderful plan. I have coffee every morning with AS (Divinci's vanilla syrup) and I use the Hood LC milk for my cream (b/c it has less carbs per TBS than heavy cream). I drink my coffee with my CM breakfast within 15 mins and I haven't had any problems with cravings. Its an individual thing This is my opinion here, but I think you being so young, you wouldn't be as sensitive of a carb addict as someone who is 40 yrs old. If you try AS and you start craving things, then you could cut it out. To me alittle AS at a CM is better than me giving in and going off plan, that's how I look at it

Have a good day!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 09:06
Registered Member

BF:

I am feeling really good about this diet right now. I dont think those carrots (the very little that I got) in my salade are going to affect me. Thanks for your support. Salade really does reduce your urge to eat...
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 09:10

Plan: Lower Fat/Moderate Carb
Stats: 160/103.5/100 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hey Lendek - I'm starting CAD today also and real excited about it. I have so many questions and I know they have all been asked a thousand times but here are a few. Thanks in advance to all you CA's. who might be able to answer a few.

Are any of these allowed outside the RM?

Lowcarb yogurt, lowcarb shakes, natural peanutbutter, black coffee, nuts, pork rinds, diet colas?

What supplements do most of you take?

I drink a lot of black coffee; probably 6-8 cups/day? Is that probably a little too much?
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 09:25

BF:

Dianee - Can I join in? I'm so excited about trying CAD. I've read two books and am anxious to get CALP.

Some items I'm used to eating on Atkins included the new lowcarb yogurts (only 3 carbs/serving), how about the sf pickle relish for tuna salad, etc.? Does MSG really affect this diet as much as the Heller's seem to indicate? Its so hard to find products without it. I'm so full of questions. My biggest problem so far this morning has been doing without my sf gum.

Can I please post my menus for a few days to be sure they look ok? I'l
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 09:56
Registered Member

BF:

Me and you should be diet buddys...
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 10:14

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Welcome to CAD Anleigh,

As for your first question. If you would have asked me about the yogurt a couple of years ago, I would have said No, it was not allowed, but with the new LC yogurt out, I really dont' have an answer. This was not out when the Heller's wrote their books. They have come out with so many LC products now, all I can say is give it a try and if you have problems like cravings, or hunger, then you know you need to stay away from it. I do know for sure that the Shakes are out, as well as the peanut butter. The Shakes are very sweet so your body is going to think it is sweet and it will release a load of insulin into your system and that is what you need to avoid. The peanut butter, even tho it is LC, no nuts are allowed outside of RM. I know a lot of people drink black coffee all day with no problem. Some people also can get by with drinking diet sodas with their CM's, but only with their CM's. I know the Heller's don't recommend it, but everyone is different. As for the pork rinds, there again the Heller's don't recommend them, but their reasoning for this is because they are not all the healthy for you to eat. If you do eat them, you can only have them for a CM, do not just eat them for snacks all day long. Remember you are only allowed 1 snack per day, and that is suppose to be 1/2 of a CM, which is protein and CM veggies.

Personally I would forget all the LC products and stick with just all natural foods, like protein from meat, eggs, and cheese.and CM veggies. I know so many people have failed on Atkins because they started eating all the LC junk that is out there and that to me is all it is, with the exception of the yogurt. But this is my opinion and someone else might think different.

Yes, you can post your menu here or in your journal. Whatever works best for you. The list is kind of slow right now, but one of us will see and have an opinion.

Good luck to both of you.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 10:52

BF:

Lendek - I'll be glad to be your buddy. We can probably really help each other. Dianee - Thanks so much for answers to all the questions. I suppose the yogurt is a YMMV thing. Wish I knew how the Heller's stood on it.

What about supplements?
Is lemon juice ok in water?
What about hot spices? I love blackened salmon. The pepper mix I use has no sugar in it.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 10:56
Registered Member

BF:

AM i able to use LC ketchup?
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 11:38
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Anleigh and Lendek
We really can't tell you re the lc ketchup. Everyone has a different and specific tolerance. I would suggest, like Dianee, that you give CAD a two week trial with no extras during CM. Think of it as a CAD induction. After two weeks, you can try adding one lc product at a time to judge your tolerance and reactions. If it affects you, you should know it. Your appetite will increase though you might/might not get cravings.

Please do it clean for two weeks. We have seen so many move from Atkins to CAD and fail because of lc products. For CAD, it's about insulin chemistry and one product can throw you off.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 11:40
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Anleigh
Lemon juice is usually ok, the Hellers limit you to 2 tablespoons at a time.

The blackened spice mixture is ok too.

I would try to cut down on the coffee. Remember, outside the once a day 15 minute rule, it has to be taken without sweetener.

Dianee answered re the nuts, diet soda.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jan-20-05, 08:03

BF:

Lendek - How is it going? Still hanging in there?