Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 16:11

Plan: CALP
Stats: 210/198/155 Female 170 ctms
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hello!!!

I'm a CALP fan from Caracas, Venezuela, and I've been reading this worderful forum for two weeks, but I was too shy to write... please forgive me for any misspelling or gramar "horror"

I've been on CALP for over a month and I've lost about 16 pounds (8 Kgs.) and I'm feeling great. I've been slighlty overweight since puberty, but after years of fertility treatments and a twin pregnancy........ well, I ended up with A LOT of extra weight
My twins are now 5 years old, and finally I have found the time, the energy and the state of mind for losing weight, and most of all, after searching for a while, I've found what's my problem (carb addiction) and a way to treat it. I've tried all the other diets most of my life, and I know they just don't work for me.That's why I was so happy to find the Hellers' book, and even if some people donīt understand my "diet", I have a lot of support from my family and my husband.

I really wanted to thank you all for your posts, for the time you spend sharing information, advices, hope and comfort. I'm sure that, like myself, there are thousand of people around the world that read all this.

Cariņos,
Cayena
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 16:32

Plan: CAD
Stats: 148/127.5/124 Female 5ft
BF:28%/25%/20
Progress: 85%

well the wee-ly thread was after a very busy day!!! lol! Had another one of those today. I have a dentist app and I am so excited for the day off1 (of course it isn't MY dentist appointment either so that makes a difference!!!)

I didn't eat onplan yesterday and I am really struggling right now to stay onplan but I am trying to talk myself into it!!! (the donut is just starring at me...but it will still be there tomorrow!!) IF I hide it from the family that is!!!

It is nice to come here and see you are all doing this...and even when the weight comes off slowly IT DOES come off! HOW wonderful!!!!! I need to average too as it seems I am stalling and I bet I am not...over all I have gone down!

Have a great night...I will try so hard to avoid the goodies until tomorrow!!! I CAN DO IT!!!! I CAN DO IT!!!!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-05, 17:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/179.8/130 Female 5'4.75"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I know what you mean Karen.

My day is ruined, I had a sanwich for dinner, then an hour later a large muffin. Oh well, life goes on, I plan on nothing for tonight or just LC if anything.

Good luck all.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-05, 09:17

BF:

After I posted this yesterday, I thought I would be good. But I ended up eating some (alot) of cream savers chewy. I woke this morning thinking I would have to deal with the consequences and I jumped on the scale at 125. Huh?
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-05, 09:45

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

Amy, I laughed when I read your post. The body is just so screwy. You can never really predict how it is going to react. Maybe the change up in your routine did something to your metabolism. Whatever, I hope it stays!!! There wasn't a terrible amount of calories in what you chose to cheat with.. so maybe that helped.

Karen, I hope you were able to be strong. It is really one pound at a time, and hopefully the fact that you are feeling better.

Cayena, Congratulations on losing sixteen pounds. That is wonderful. I hope you continue to have great success on your weightloss journey. Don't be shy.. we love supporting each other.

I am down another pound and a half. We are having spaghetti and <a href="french%20bread" onmouseover="window.status='french bread'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">french bread</a> tonight though.. so I am waiting to change my stats. I always seem to over do the spaghetti.. even if I skip the pasta and use squash. I will try to be good.

Hope everyone has a great day, K
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Mar-03-05, 14:06

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%

I haven't tried used the crepes as taco wraps, but I think they would be fine. Let me know if you try them.

Hello Cayena, good job on following the plan and the loss. It helps to read the board and get support.

Yesterday and today haven't been good for me, but I will start again tomorrow!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 08:47

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Hello,

Well, I am feeling pretty good today. I had a bit of a hard time with 'food thoughts' and mild cravings at the beginning of the week but they are gone now. When my brain starts noticing all the food around, and thinking about what I will have for my next reward meal, I know I am in trouble. I really hate that feeling. One of the best things I have experienced with CAD is the freedom from that non-stop little voice in my head that is always talking about FOOD! I hardly ever have that anymore and when I do it passes quickly so long as I am super-diligent about following CAD rules. Thank goodness.

Work has been insane lately with lots of absenteeism. With a small team to start with (4 people) it doesn't take much till you are in trouble. Luckily I get stressed at work but never take it home with me. I'm looking forward to a peaceful weekend.

Take care everyone. CAD rocks!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 09:01

Plan: Keto/Low Carb
Stats: 170/120/100 Female 5ft.0in.
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi All!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that has bad days on CALP. But so far the good days outnumber the bad ones.
Vel, I'm still new to this WOE coming from Atkins where any carbs were a big no-no. I think about my RMs days in advance. I really have to otherwise I'd go overboard with it more than I already do.
Have a good weekend everyone!!
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 13:20

BF:
Default Oh, don't get me wrong....

I still plan my RM's, and I enjoy looking forward to the good foods I will have then, both carb and non-carb. But there is a difference. When I am having trouble..ALL I can think about is food, and especially what I will have that night for dinner. It is on my mind constantly, considering various combinations and whether I should shop for something 'better'. It is really obsessive and I don't like that feeling at all.

Planning is great though, it helps us stay on track so much.
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 08:37

Plan: CAD
Stats: 301/282/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 13%

I get to average weights tomorrow . I'm curious when you enter your stats do you enter what you weigh on that day or do you subtract the number you got from averaging your weights from your last entered weight ?
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 08:50
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/297.6/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 37%

I change stats once a week and it's whatever the average is.
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Mar-06-05, 18:54
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Had a great RM tonight, as we had a 'special' dinner for my DS. After the steak, salad, spinach and sweet potato we had ice cream and whipped cream. I was amazed when I read the ingredients on the ice cream and whipped cream- so many have corn syrup and stuff like that. I went for the 'natural' ones. What ever happened to milk, cream and sugar? DS and DH had big bowls- and I didn't even want more than the very small serving I had. DS was very happy that we did something special for dinner for him. I think the last time we had whipped cream was at least 3 or 4 years ago! It was much better for me than going out for dinner, as I could control the time, selection and portion size.
Hope everyone had a great weekend- see you next week.
E
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 08:46

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 210/161/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 82%

I am back to a strict CAD again. I think I can tweak it and then the next thing I know, I am over the deep end. Going to have a good week.. please, please, please. I hate feeling out of control.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Take Care, Kandi
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 09:08

BF:
Default Sounds good

Eno, your dinner for your DS sounds really nice. I have a son turning 16 next month and I just asked him what he wants to do for a special dinner.

Good to see you again Kandi and I wish you a wonderful first week back on CAD
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-05, 09:34

BF:

Horrible Sunday, had one too many drinks the night before and I woke up starving, with a sub in the fridge. Then had pickles and slim jim. Could have made it an ok day but then for supper we had chips and turkey sandwich and cake. 130 this morning.

How was your weekend? Hopefully better than mine.
Closed Thread